Community > Posts By > Lukinfolov

Lukinfolov's photo
Thu 07/09/15 10:18 AM
Me too..;-)

Lukinfolov's photo
Thu 07/09/15 07:54 AM

Where in this world will i get a man of my dream,he must be God fearing man,hardworking,humble royal,respectful,intelligent,not too tall,slim good looking and above all faithful man(not a womanizer)

I am not god fearing, not hardworking....don't know what is 'humble royal', may be respectful, may be intelligent, not too tall, slim, ordinary looking, not a womanizer.

Will this do?

Lukinfolov's photo
Thu 07/09/15 05:32 AM
Online dating site is like a 'mirage' in a desert...you think your destination is within reach but you won't reach there ever as what you saw...never was.

Lukinfolov's photo
Thu 07/09/15 01:43 AM
Edited by Lukinfolov on Thu 07/09/15 01:45 AM

So i've been having school tests recently and i've been struggling. Either the papers were hard or i'm just plain lousy. The papers i struggle most with always is the maths and science paper. I cant seem to understand abstract logic, i cant visualise things well and i cant seem to be able to tweak the formulas and apply it to questions. I dont know why. But when it comes to humanities, i can do so much better.. History, social studies and geography all seem much easier than me. I've been wondering why but i have no clue as to why this is so. Many say girls are generally better at languages and stuff because we are more sensitive, meticulous and attentive. well i think it's quite stereotypical. I want to know what makes one good at maths and science and what makes one good at languages. Is it the left and right brain that plays a vital role? Or is it the study methods? Or the passion one has for that subject? Or the environment they grew up learning in? Care to share some opinion? well, be sure to leave a comment! i appreciate it greatly! :D

The question could not be more delightfully presented.flowerforyou

For me it's just the opposite. I am weak in humanities and language and I have worked real hard to pass in those exams. Now that I have crossed that age, it doesn't matter to me any more. Its probably a combination of all that you have stated. I guess you should take it as a challenge and give more time to math and science. Some people lack spatial logic to start with but it shouldn't deter them from taking it by the horn.

The response - spatial logic - is part of the answer and Guru Lukin in his impatience has left the thread hanging with just 10% done.frustrated

If we focus on math & science, we have to step back to foundation years: high school math. Around this time for instance, geometry is natural for boys - as they tend to play ball and more than the throw they follow the curve of the ball and learn to field a catch. So when boys put their mind to it - geometry works for them. On the other hand if girls were drawing up 3D pictures while young; the field evens up between both genders.

Move to arithmetic: The numbers series can be followed, in fact girls should be able to discern patterns faster; but when it comes to formulas like compound interest - boys can sense the geometric rise between different rates - because of focus (i think). You see, catching a ball requires some sort of 'tunnel vision', and same goes while working on arithmetic formulas. (As I recall school days, graph paper fascinated me most).

Then comes algebra: Boys are relatively 'poor' in language. so when they see a - b = 3 there is a natural affinity towards such abbreviation.

Girls, from what I remember, are stronger in chemistry and bio-sciences. This could be due from their familiarity with 'cooking' and it's easier to see a 'compound' when you can make a perfect omelet. Or it could be because of their extra-ordinary language abilities - they find stories encapsulated within cells and other tissue materials. Fact is, as they are more organized at this high school years - they easily build on the 'stories', from building blocks to whole organs. Boys for some reason can rarely go beyond acid + alkali reactions and blood cells or the circulation systems. Ask them about the pancreas role in the digestive system (at high school) & one can see the effort visible on their faces. It's because pancreas does not come 'alive' in their minds.

So math to physics or vice-a-versa has strong links to the playing field & spatial logic.

There's another aspect: boys don't get overwhelmed with physics. Maybe it's the kite flying or paper planes; if the teacher inspires then they easily
get fascinated into physics. So when faced with a new problem, they comfortably break it down to familiar pieces.

So in my opinion: The processor called the brain gets defined by the applications it is most put on use to.

This commonsense theory is too late but you could leverage your latent capability in a slightly different manner. Google the history of any topic in math / physics - 'the story in the discovery process' may catch the imagination. I sincerely think Newton hiding his 'crib notes' on gravity
and calculus was grave injustice. Leibniz, with his integral calculus
was the greater teacher. Talk about language - Leibniz was the better 'articulator'; Newton, for all his gifts, hated him for the rest of his life.

So it is with all men, we cannot live with the more articulate women.
- Just be warned. But if a woman used abbreviated language, men could get along better with them. what oops offtopic

Goodluck.

I agree, apart from the differences in brains between men and women, their skills in spatial logic can be traced back to their activities at their young ages when they were just about to understand how nature worked. Things like playing football, flying paper planes or kites or playing with building blocks or the kind of toys do help in formal learning at a later age.

Girls on the other hand, are fond of reading story books which helps them have better language skills or speak more lucidly and effortlessly.

In terms of the brain, the more you visit a particular situation, greater would be the axon-dendrite synapse connections in the related zone of the brain and higher would your clarity or understanding on the same or similar conditions.

Lukinfolov's photo
Tue 07/07/15 10:35 PM
If consciousness is just a process happening inside a brain, how can then we explain Out of Body Experiences, Near Death Experiences etc.

Some people who have experienced OBE or NDE during brain surgery are convinced that consciousness does not need a brain to survive. A brain carries or manifests consciousness but doesn't create it.

Lukinfolov's photo
Tue 07/07/15 10:29 PM

Homeopathy ... is quite effective in treating autism and schizophrenia

False. Homeopathy is useless as a field of study, and its treatments have been shown again and again to be no more effective than placebo.

Of course, the homeopathy con is also big business! And any time something is big business, there are people invested in lying to themselves and to other people.

There is so much BS 'evidence' out there that homeopathy is supposedly effective. Dig deeper and you find paid-off researchers, bad statistical analysis, and extreme cherry picking.

There must be around hundreds of homeopathic colleges and thousands of practitioners in India Europe and Australia practicing for several years. Its concepts were given to the world by Dr. Hahnemann who was, back then, a conventional doctor practicing English medical science.

I think lucky are those people who have understood the power of homeopathy and are getting its benefits.

Lukinfolov's photo
Tue 07/07/15 09:14 AM
Edited by Lukinfolov on Tue 07/07/15 09:15 AM
People are reactionary. They have paradigms and they stick to them as long as they don't have a personal experience of something they don't believe in. And I am not trying to make you believe that there is something in some children that makes them talk about unknown and unlearned things. If you think its not reincarnation, then you should give another explanation.

If you are serious to learn unexplained phenomena of nature, you have to keep your minds open to accept information. Later, you can decide if it had any truth in it.

There are numerous books and websites on reincarnation including videos of real time investigations by BBC. If you think these are all made up for money, I rest my case.

Lukinfolov's photo
Tue 07/07/15 09:01 AM
Edited by Lukinfolov on Tue 07/07/15 09:02 AM
These days women are more aware of their rights and mostly are financially independent. Gone are the days when a women had to suffer in a marriage just because she had no money of her own or feared to be looked down upon by the family as a divorcee.

Lukinfolov's photo
Tue 07/07/15 08:23 AM
Edited by Lukinfolov on Tue 07/07/15 08:27 AM
Some decades back, an overwhelming question in the world of life-science was, ��What is the relation between mind and brain�� or ��How does soul interface with body��. This question has also haunted me for years but the answer seemed superficial as most suggested that consciousness was a mental process involving both attention to external stimuli and short term memory. Recently, I happened to read an article on the subject by Noble Laureate Francis Crick, who helped determine the structure of DNA and fellow biophysicist Christof Koch, which explained how consciousness could be better understood.

The article dwells at length on the following ideas.
Mind��s most mysterious aspect is consciousness or awareness, which can take many forms, from the basic senses of pain and pleasure to higher feelings of self-consciousness. All these aspects of the mind can be explained in a more materialistic way as the behavior of a large set of interacting neurons electro-chemically with each other. Thus, consciousness is not a thing but a process that occurs in the intricately folded sheets of nerve tissues containing billions of neurons and several axons.

Now, the question is how to explain mental events as being caused by electrical firing of large set of neurons? Some scientists say, this cannot be solved by existing science but possibly be done through Quantum Mechanics. If man has been able to work out complex instrumentation and logic systems while designing robots, going a step higher, and understanding our emotions, isn’t too far.
Experiments on monkeys have shown a rough correlation of ��visual awareness�� with the activation of neurons in the visual neocortex of the monkey��s brain. Since visual awareness is only a sub-set of the whole consciousness, it is believed that once we master the secret of ��visual awareness��, we will be close to understanding this central mystery of human life: How the physical events occurring in our brains while we think and act relate to our subjective sensations, �� that is, how the brain relates to the mind.

Do you agree consciousness is just another process in your brain? Or do you think mind will never understand itself so our scientists are wasting their time and energy to seek an answer?

Lukinfolov's photo
Tue 07/07/15 08:12 AM
Thank you Metalwing

Lukinfolov's photo
Tue 07/07/15 07:41 AM
Since the day I am active in this forum, I have been getting private mails from young ladies either from the Philippines, the US or some country in Africa.

Now, I don't know them as we have never interacted with them in this forum...and they wanna know more about me and start a relationship !!

What do they think of me...am I so stupid and na�ve that they could have me head over heals for them by their looks and then fleece me whenever they want?

Lukinfolov's photo
Tue 07/07/15 07:32 AM
There is no general rule like that. There may be several alleles (pairs) responsible for a particular look. In an allele, one gene is from the mother and the other from the father. The one which prevails in the child depends on which gene out of the two was dominant and which one was recessive.

If most dominant genes were from the father, the child will resemble the father.

Lukinfolov's photo
Mon 07/06/15 01:36 PM
Edited by Lukinfolov on Mon 07/06/15 01:37 PM

I understand some things and I don't understand many things but I generally don't believe in anything without evidence or reason. Also, I am not religious and do not pray.

Probably, the only difference is, I have witnessed some happenings in my life that have compelled me to shed my impregnable armor of skepticism and open my mind to understand things that are beyond the purview of science. This world needs to work on them to bring them into the domain of science.

As far as reincarnation is concerned, this is not a belief prevailing only in India or oriental countries. Pythagoras was a firm believer of reincarnation as he experienced it in his life. If you google BBC programs on reincarnation, you will watch on Youtube a number of BBC shows where researchers actually are shown talking to children giving proof of their previous lives.

It seems to have started in India and spread throughout gradually. Pythagoras or Jesus I don't care, back then we were a less intelligent species so more likely to fall for stories of Noah and the whale more likely to assume things and try to put 2 and 2 together as opposed to the might of study and experimentation of today that yields answers. I did not watch programs or read stories to "open my mind" because watching and listening other peoples convincing lies are too easy, testing things for yourself is the only true way to believe. Just because Steven Hawking publishes in tomorrows papers that he has a theory of reincarnation it will only remain a theory until we can put it to test and achieve results near 100% of the time. It makes more sense to live life like its your last than abuse the one you have because some 80 year old tells you he thinks that there is the slimmest of chances that you might yet roam the earth for a second or millionth time. I would like to take this opportunity to ask if you could be reincarnated into ANY other animal besides human what would it be?

Researchers have not come across a case by which compelling evidence could point out reincarnation into an animal or vice versa. So, I really do not know if I could be reincarnated into an animal.

Some children remember their previous birth and as soon as they start talking they talk about it. Gradually, they forget and get on with the present life. Look up one of the classic case in the US where a child knew everything about an aircraft and always wanted to play with toy planes. He also said he was bombed by the Japs in 2nd world war. He could say the type of plane he used to fly at the age of 5.

Now, I don't blindly believe such things but I have read books on reincarnation that forced me to keep my mind open for it. Maybe or may not be.

Tell me, we have not seen The Big Bang, nor quarks, nor dark matter or dark energy, nor black holes etc. but we don't set them aside as crap. Maybe some day someone will provide evidence that dark matter actually exists or time travel is actually possible through a worm hole !!

Keeping an open eye doesn't mean that we are not living our lives fully. I practice homeopathy but I don't know how it works...but it works for sure, I can bet my life on it. Similarly, astrology works as I know how to read a horoscope...I don't know how planets affect our thoughts but they really do...I can bet my life on it. I have seen terrible things happening in my life that an astrologer had predicted many years back.

One thing I have learnt from my life till now is that we are not so smart as we think. This universe is far more subtle than the smallest particle of matter scientists have found out till now.

Lukinfolov's photo
Mon 07/06/15 09:47 AM
He was probably giving other conventional doctors a run for their money...I can understand this because I practice holistic treatment methods for mental illnesses.

Homeopathy and Naturopathy is quite effective in treating autism and schizophrenia if the treatment is started at the initial stages. On the other hand, consultation fee of psychotherapists are generally high and beyond the reach of most. Also, such mental illnesses can only be palliated by anti-psychotic medicines.

If an alternative treatment physician was really doing well and was loved by his patients...we know who were getting hurt.

Lukinfolov's photo
Mon 07/06/15 04:36 AM
Edited by Lukinfolov on Mon 07/06/15 04:37 AM
I understand some things and I don't understand many things but I generally don't believe in anything without evidence or reason. Also, I am not religious and do not pray.

Probably, the only difference is, I have witnessed some happenings in my life that have compelled me to shed my impregnable armor of skepticism and open my mind to understand things that are beyond the purview of science. This world needs to work on them to bring them into the domain of science.

As far as reincarnation is concerned, this is not a belief prevailing only in India or oriental countries. Pythagoras was a firm believer of reincarnation as he experienced it in his life. If you google BBC programs on reincarnation, you will watch on Youtube a number of BBC shows where researchers actually are shown talking to children giving proof of their previous lives.

Lukinfolov's photo
Sun 07/05/15 12:00 PM
Is this an improvised equation?

When we were in school we used to say

Dumb man + Dumb women = pregnancy ( illegal )

Lukinfolov's photo
Sun 07/05/15 11:29 AM

What is 'dark matter'?

Some of us are still hung on why white matters, like this one:

oops offtopic

Do you mean the one on parallel universe..
or
are you referring to the alter-ego of gravity?

or is this linked to the CERN Lab?

Lukin,
unless you flesh the subject I'm going to ask you just one question,
what's the color of the cat you are holding, I mean under the white fur??

Guess bit of gray matter is required to understand dark matter..;-)

Lukinfolov's photo
Sun 07/05/15 11:26 AM

it seems just another way for scientists to push the big bang theory on us again... it emits no light and cannot be seen...whoa just another mathematical equation someone came up to try to see why the universe is expanding the way it is...

personally, i think the universe is eternal and has no boundaries, so the "new" galaxies they find are just coming into our field of view...maybe when the James Webb space telescope goes up, they will be able to know more about how the universe works without guessing with some mathematical equations...

http://jwst.nasa.gov/

mighty, I understand the dark matter is assumed to bind the stars together in close proximity and form galaxies as there is not enough mass to have a kind of gravitation that would form clusters of stars.

Expansion of universe and speeding away of galaxies from each other is being explained with the concept of dark energy.

Lukinfolov's photo
Sun 07/05/15 11:12 AM

I don't find Drake equation having a factor on possibility of planets having a magnetic field as we have on earth. If our sun has frequent flares and the same can kill living life on nearby planets, we should be having an idea as to how many planets could be having a field to protect the charged particles from hitting us.

we don't know if that's an evolutionary trait or not...we didn't need to evolve in any way to protect us from that because we had the protection... since we don't know about life on other planets, we can't say it's a cause for life not to form...

Agreed...but we are here trying to refine this equation. There could be some forms of life still surviving under the influence of solar flares and some forms dying out because of it. Mathematically, we get a more accurate picture by factoring in the magnetic field.

The magnetic field is already factored in. The "L" variable is the portion of a suitable planet's time in existence where it can support life and the life becomes intelligent. There are many stars near the Galactic core where the ambient radiation is simply too high to support life as we know it due to the proximity of nearby high radiation stars regardless of whether the planet has a magnetic field or not. Conversely, a newer category of stars (not new in general but new as expected to be able to support life) is expected to boost the Drake equation's net result astronomically, (pun intended) by recognizing red dwarfs as good possible sources.

The Goldilocks zone is already taken into account by the calculated solar output of various size and type stars. Red Dwarfs have a much longer lifespan with a much more stable output that other types of stars but it forces the life to be more dependent upon infrared radiation than the broad spectrum output of most stars. The bright side (pun intended) of this issue is that life is extremely tolerant of infrared radiation anyway and the lack of strong solar wind could negate the need for much or any magnetic field to protect life.

Planets have a more or less predictable pattern of formation. The physics of orbital momentum cause the planets to orbit the star in the same direction. The parts, which end up forming the planets, cause the planets to spin in the same direction. The formation of the rocky planets cause the whole planet to melt and spin in the same direction and only a hard hit with another planet or similar event can change that pattern.

The planet Uranus is an example of this break in pattern. It was probably hit by another planet large enough to destabilize the spin and tilt it on it's axis.

Odd exceptions aside, as the outer skin of the planets cool and the heavier metals like iron sink to the core, the difference in the angular momentum (just like an ice skater going into a spin) between the inner core and outer mantel cause a speed deferential. The spinning iron core then acts like a huge dynamo which creates the magnetic field until the core cools enough to stop spinning independently. Then, just like Mars, the field stops and the solar wind blows the atmosphere away and the water with it. Life must do it's thing in that window of time.

Red Dwarf stars give a greater window of time.

From Wiki: (but I already knew this)

"In addition, the sheer number of red dwarfs, which account for about 85% of at least 100 billion stars in the Milky Way, increases the number of habitable planets that may be orbiting them; as of 2013, there are expected to be roughly 60 billion habitable red dwarf planets in the Milky Way."

I think it is factored in 'fl' in the equation which says about earth like planets that can support life. Although it is not clear what all parameters this variable is including, but it seems the magnetic field protection falls within 'fl' variable.

As we understand, 'R*' is the variable in which fraction of red dwarfs can be put in to understand stars that don't flare.

Lukinfolov's photo
Sun 07/05/15 07:42 AM
So, what's happening on Dark Matter hypothesis these days? Do any of you guys know how much we have progressed in actually finding dark matter?

Any updates?

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 12 13