Community > Posts By > Lukinfolov

Lukinfolov's photo
Sun 07/12/15 07:42 AM

If we follow the same trend, a big man with full grown beard and moustache should be considered the most attractive male..:-)

So Lukin, this is what I should be looking for?

rofl

Just spit out my coffee on the screen looking at the pic...ROFL laugh

Lukinfolov's photo
Sat 07/11/15 12:25 PM
This is a competitive world...to sell a product in such a market would need some innovative marketing strategies.

Lukinfolov's photo
Sat 07/11/15 12:02 PM

If the gossip is better than the sex...sure :banana:

I hope I don't have to...at least for the next thirty years.

Lukinfolov's photo
Sat 07/11/15 08:45 AM
In most birds and mammals, seduction is a male forte and that's the reason males have enhanced features or attractive plumage to attract the female to mate.

If we follow the same trend, a big man with full grown beard and moustache should be considered the most attractive male..:-)

Lukinfolov's photo
Sat 07/11/15 05:32 AM
We see male of any animal species is always more attractive than its female counterpart...name any bird or mammal and you know what I am talking about.

Why is it that in humans, we generally consider women to be more attractive and have words like cute, pretty, beautiful, gorgeous, ravishing, stunning, elegant etc. only used for them whereas attractive men are just 'handsome'?

Are we special as a species or is it just our perception?

Lukinfolov's photo
Sat 07/11/15 04:06 AM
Edited by Lukinfolov on Sat 07/11/15 04:07 AM
Excellent post !! But it needs some deliberation.

Have you ever seen Atheists or Agnostics creating problems in this world,like killing the religious minded, trying to force their ideas over others through violence or trying to create a kingdom in the name of atheism etc. I have observed, agnostics and atheists make the least noise in this world and they are only bothered about their life and family. They are also normal human beings having all vices and virtues.

The problem comes when

- people are incapable of understanding the essence of religion.
- people use religion to gratify their ulterior vices.

Lukinfolov's photo
Fri 07/10/15 10:18 AM
If one can avoid the 2nd and 3rd, he can do away with the 4th.

Lukinfolov's photo
Fri 07/10/15 10:16 AM

When someone loves you so much and is doing just about everything for you.! Love like this' is hard to find!

If he does just about everything for you, its probably the first and most intense or passionate phase of love. Don't be surprised or disappointed if it mellowed down and stabilized for the better...

As they say, "...Love swells like the Solway but ebbs like its tide"

Lukinfolov's photo
Fri 07/10/15 07:44 AM

You know someone really loves you when he/she can go through immense physical pain or loss to ensure your well being.

Money doesn't mean a thing here. Just because someone has spent some money on you, doesn't always mean he loves you.

If you bought an ice-cream for your friend (knowing that she loves ice-creams), I wouldn't necessarily infer that 'you' love her. However, if you bought an ice-cream for her kid (assuming that she's a single parent), I would infer that there seems to be a possibility, that you love her.

In other words, what I'm trying to portray is:

It's not this that money doesn't mean a thing here. What basically decides, whether one is in love with another, is the context/circumstance/situation in which, that money is spent.:smile:

One final point:
If you love someone, you'll evidently want to ensure her well-being, as long as she lives..Now, in order to ensure her well-being, you'll need money! The very first instance that comes to my mind, is money for hospitalization/medical treatments/tests in the event of her indisposition. We, human-beings, all fall/feel indisposed, one time or another. If it's the United Kingdom, probably the citizens are lucky to have been provided with free medication (I think I'm correct in such presumption, although I'm not cent percent certain regarding this view of mine).. However, if it's India, you may ask any Indian regarding the expense part, involved in treating an ailing/afflicted human-being, and I'm sure, you'll get to understand the true picture!

Thank you for your Patience!:smile:

Rich businessmen spend a lot on their kept women...they even gift them flats to live with huge donations every month. This doesn't measure love. If you have enough money, you can buy sex. Paying for hospital charges also doesn't mean love.

If a man himself spends nights in the hospital in the corridor or the same room looking after her with no expectations other than her recovery, I guess you can say he loves her.

Lukinfolov's photo
Fri 07/10/15 04:35 AM
You know someone really loves you when he/she can go through immense physical pain or loss to ensure your well being.

Money doesn't mean a thing here. Just because someone has spent some money on you, doesn't always mean he loves you.

Lukinfolov's photo
Fri 07/10/15 04:19 AM

based on your premise...seems like the answer is no.

We unconsciously 'ape' people around us to feel safe. This is in our genetic make-up. When we come into a family and a society, we are predisposed to follow certain customs. Religion is not an exception.

Thus, I feel our evolutionary psychology is faith friendly. We believe in things we don't understand just because people around us do it. Gradually, to make ourselves comfortable and reduce our inner conflicts as what is the truth and what is a myth, we tend to bull-doze all our queries based on reasons.

That is not the essence of "faith"

Following someone else's acts of faith, doesn't give one faith.
Just as imitating acts of love, does not mean one has love.

Agreed !! But is it not happening always around the world? A child born in a Hindu society will eventually become a Hindu, same is the case in a Christian or Muslim society. It means 'faith' is a misnomer these days. What you mean as 'faith' is but a tradition of the family or society.

Not at all.

They are born into a religion, they can decide whether to follow or not. But faith is a personal matter. I know this to be true. The word in itself obviates logic dictated by society.

Your premise of evolutionary psychology may be "population" "religion" "institution" and "tradition" friendly, but not faith friendly...and certainly not love friendly.

By 'faith' I meant 'religion'!! I thought people out here would get the essence of my post. In general, we do use the word 'faith' for religion...don't we?

Love doesn't fit in the series but I feel evolutionary psychology is also love friendly. If we didn't love others or didn't have empathy for others, societies wouldn't form as we have now.

Lukinfolov's photo
Fri 07/10/15 04:09 AM

Homeopathy ... is quite effective in treating autism and schizophrenia

False. Homeopathy is useless as a field of study, and its treatments have been shown again and again to be no more effective than placebo.

Of course, the homeopathy con is also big business! And any time something is big business, there are people invested in lying to themselves and to other people.

There is so much BS 'evidence' out there that homeopathy is supposedly effective. Dig deeper and you find paid-off researchers, bad statistical analysis, and extreme cherry picking.

It is you who is to dig deeper to understand the principles of homeopathy. It works and has its own reasons to work. It has limitations like any other treatment mode. Also, due to ignorance and limited education, many homeopaths cannot do a good job.

Do you know water is capable to retain information in it even if the original substance is removed entirely from it? Please dig deeper into the basics of its science before refuting it outright. Keep your mind open to new information...this is how you can grow in life.

Lukinfolov's photo
Fri 07/10/15 03:53 AM
Edited by Lukinfolov on Fri 07/10/15 03:54 AM

People are reactionary. They have paradigms and they stick to them as long as they don't have a personal experience of something they don't believe in. And I am not trying to make you believe that there is something in some children that makes them talk about unknown and unlearned things. If you think its not reincarnation, then you should give another explanation.

My only potential theory would be the fact that I have heard that even as a developing unborn child, they are still learning, hearing and such and somewhere along the way they get these "flashbacks" of things that could have actually been something off a program that was being watched whilst in the womb. Sounds completely made up but its the closest thing I have to someone being born with premature knowing of things.

If you are serious to learn unexplained phenomena of nature, you have to keep your minds open to accept information. Later, you can decide if it had any truth in it.

There are numerous books and websites on reincarnation including videos of real time investigations by BBC. If you think these are all made up for money, I rest my case.

I assume most things are money motivated or publicity motivated (for money). What I will agree is that I am "reactionary" and have "paradigms" that I stick too. Dunno what you mean by these words and today I just can't be bothered to ask google lol

How will you explain the facts that children say to their parents about another city or state and take names of family members in their previous lives? Many of these have been verified and found to be true. If you are interested, you may read a book written by Dr. Ian Stevenson - Twenty Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation. If this book creates some interest in you on the subject, you can follow it up with his other books.

As I have said earlier, Dr. Ian Stevenson has selected 20 cases out of some 2500 cases he has investigated on children. These 20 cases have been thoroughly investigated against fowl play or money interest by children's families. The book was published with peer reviews.

Lukinfolov's photo
Fri 07/10/15 03:36 AM

We unconsciously 'ape' people around us to feel safe. This is in our genetic make-up. When we come into a family and a society, we are predisposed to follow certain customs. Religion is not an exception.

Thus, I feel our evolutionary psychology is faith friendly. We believe in things we don't understand just because people around us do it. Gradually, to make ourselves comfortable and reduce our inner conflicts as what is the truth and what is a myth, we tend to bull-doze all our queries based on reasons.

That is not the essence of "faith"

Following someone else's acts of faith, doesn't give one faith.
Just as imitating acts of love, does not mean one has love.

Agreed !! But is it not happening always around the world? A child born in a Hindu society will eventually become a Hindu, same is the case in a Christian or Muslim society. It means 'faith' is a misnomer these days. What you mean as 'faith' is but a tradition of the family or society.

Lukinfolov's photo
Fri 07/10/15 02:10 AM

Hello yall.Can money buy love and happiness?All races are welcome to answer this question.Thank you.

What is with 'all races'? Do you think answer to this question will be different for different races?

If you know economics, you must be knowing the Law of Diminishing Returns !! The role of money is the same here; Money is absolutely required to get happiness and subsequently love but as soon as the money starts pouring in plenty, it's role diminishes in buying you happiness and love. There could be a time when excess of money might be a cause for unhappiness and feigned love.

Lukinfolov's photo
Fri 07/10/15 02:01 AM

Lukinfolov's photo
Thu 07/09/15 12:51 PM
Edited by Lukinfolov on Thu 07/09/15 12:52 PM
You can Skype with him and ask him to show his ID card, last educational certificate, recent salary slip and all legal declaration documents of his separation (if applicable)..;-)

Lukinfolov's photo
Thu 07/09/15 12:11 PM

Online dating site is like a 'mirage' in a desert...you think your destination is within reach but you won't reach there ever as what you saw...never was.

I love this ^^ concept :laughing:

flowerforyou At least this is what I figured being active here for a few weeks.

Lukinfolov's photo
Thu 07/09/15 10:56 AM
Edited by Lukinfolov on Thu 07/09/15 10:57 AM

This is not a post on faith but an insight on some common human traits and how they have evolved facilitating formation of present day societies for the better or for worse.

Human psychology has an evolutionary history that predisposes us to behave in ways that are uniquely adaptive for survival and reproduction. Comparative psychologists study animal behavior and make comparisons among different species, including humans. Researchers in evolutionary psychology theorize about the origins of human aggression, altruism, mate selection and other behaviors only to find that many of them are inherited from our primate ancestors.

The psychology of ��aping��, closely associated with our ancestral cousins, is so deeply ingrained in us that fanaticism in beliefs or faiths, considering the history of mankind, is closely linked to the following basic traits human beings have inherited from primates.

1. People mostly rely on judgments of others when they find themselves in a state of uncertainty.

2. People mostly adjust their own behavior to conform to that of their group.

3. People will cause intense suffering to others rather than disobey authority.

4. People, who behave in ways that contradict their own attitudes, experience an unpleasant state of internal tension, so adjust their attitudes to be consistent with their behavior.

5. People change their attitudes to justify their own investment of effort, money, or time. Thus, they come to love what they strive for.

So, when people are confused, as to what is right and what is not, these inherited psychologies take over. No doubt there are so many ideologies and much sectarian violence going on in the world.

Thus, the question : Is Evolutionary Psychology Faith Friendly?

Lukinfolov's photo
Thu 07/09/15 10:27 AM
Isn't it strange that all women want a rich husband but never declare it here...;-)

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 12 13