Community > Posts By > biglife

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 05:50 PM

I think you all left me standing here on the corner, so I'm going to pop into this Pub and have a drink. Let me know if you want to have one with me!

How's the music in there? Oh wait, doesn't matter. Order me a Chivas, on the rocks. I'll be right there. And by the way, I'm buying tonite, but do have money for cab fare?
OMG a fellow scotch drinker! I knew I liked you. Cab fare is on me! John are you going to dance with us ladies?
White guys can't dance....but I can fake it laugh

All you have to do is stand there, we'll take care of the rest!pitchfork

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 05:48 PM

When do you actually start making snow?
plan to be sellin' tickets weekend after Thanksgiving...takes about a week to get coverage....depends on the weather....soon bigsmile
WOW that is right around the corner. Must keep you pretty busy all winter!
BIG TIME

Okay, now I'm stumped. John can you please tell me what the snow making and ticket selling is all about?

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 05:47 PM

Carol, i know you said you weren't drinking anymore but you have to have one with all of us at this pub. Do you have your dancing shoes on?

If she's not drinking, think she'd be our DD?

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 05:45 PM
Poor John, I think we're scaring him off. How many of us so far? 4?

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 05:44 PM
Hey Carol, are you in?

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 05:42 PM

I think you all left me standing here on the corner, so I'm going to pop into this Pub and have a drink. Let me know if you want to have one with me!

How's the music in there? Oh wait, doesn't matter. Order me a Chivas, on the rocks. I'll be right there. And by the way, I'm buying tonite, but do have money for cab fare?
OMG a fellow scotch drinker! I knew I liked you. Cab fare is on me! John are you going to dance with us ladies?

Ooooooooooooh! Chivas AND a dancing partner. Think we'd wear him out? Hi John.drinks Jayne, you're the one on the right. :laughing:

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 05:39 PM
Where the heck is everyone? Having a nap? Geez.

Oh, I know!

They're all out on a date.

Except for me and you Jayne.

That's okay, we'll keep each other company!

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 05:35 PM

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 05:25 PM
Just gotta maintain a sense of humour about it. All the young ones will be our age one day -- if they're lucky.

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 05:08 PM

yea

My eyesight ain't the same!!

What?

What?

What does your post say? I can't read it!

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 04:44 PM

I've noticed that you can't fight gravity. I want my hair pulled or pinned UP, bras have to be UP-lifting, make-up applied in an UPsweep, I look better if I hold my chin UP and the list goes on.whoa

Too funny Katz. Thanks for the giggle.

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 04:42 PM

I've gone through mourning, grieving, sadness, boredom, scariness but the worst is loneliness. For me, it's a feeling that if I don't feel someone's touch I will go mad. Nothing to do with sex really.

I am sorry for your loss. I didn't realize you were a widow.

You're right, there are some things that you just can't give to yourself. Touching, hugs, human contact are things I miss greatly when they're not there.

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 03:38 PM
Well, I've felt sad many times, no emptiness though. I guess I am pretty lucky and I count my blessings all the time.

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 03:29 PM
I will too, but there comes a point where you want to see who you're talking to. Pics don't need to be posted for all to see. They can also be mailed.

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 03:25 PM
It's been my experience that ppl say they want honestly, but only if it's something they want to hear.

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 03:03 PM

How as we get older, the further away the ground is when we drop something and need to pick it up?

Yes...and it hurts your back too!sad

It's my knees that are the issue. Now I need to hang on to something to help myself up. The mind gets better and better, the body, not so much. Not complaining here, just stating facts.

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 02:34 PM
How as we get older, the further away the ground is when we drop something and need to pick it up?

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 02:30 PM

I'M JUST ME.I DON'T PRETEND TO BE SOMEONE ELSE,[maybe that is the reason,I'm still alone] Some guys say they want the real thing but to find out they don't. They want a beauty queen or close to it. I don't think they would know what to do with a real lady or Ladies,Do you know what to do with a real man?? I'm not talking about sex,I'm talking about the person..

I know what you mean. I meet a guy from another free singles site, and when we met at the coffee shop he said, well I see you are over weight (my picture and profile reflect the true me), but you are still pretty. After 2 meetings he said I am not sure I can handle your weight. Are you going to go on a diet soon? I said, well I am positive I cannot handle the weight of your judging. 2 months later he contacted me again and told me that he could not find any other nice women out there and he would like to get to know me better.laugh I of course replied that I knew him as well as I wanted to.

And of course, he was just so perfect that he wouldn't settle for anything less than perfection in a mate. Right?

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 02:22 PM

Morning ladies, Carole here.. nice to have you in our "over fifty" group..
Hi Jayne...Hope you all have a great day flowerforyou
Sorry Carol, you jumped in while I was typing...morning

Hey Carole. Thanks for the welcome. Are you the lady that just bought a motorcycle?

I am, bought a Harley sportster XL1200L and I love it!!!

Good for you! I started riding when I turned 50. Nothing like it. Unfortunately, I sold it since at the time, I thought my life was headed in a different direction. I'm looking to buy one in the spring though. Probably another Jap Scrap. I've tried riding a Sportster, but found it was just too top-heavy for me. I'm tall and prefer a lower center of gravity. Are you able to ride year-round where you live?

no photo
Thu 11/05/09 02:15 PM

I now that many people have felt loneliness. Can someone explain just what loneliness is? What is the difference between lonely and being alone?
This is a serious question. I would like to be able to really understand and be empathetic when a friend says they are feeling lonely. I have a hard time responding to that and know what the right thing to say is.

well there are people who cannot be alone because that makes them feel lonely.

Being comfortable in your own company is a step towards not feeling lonely, is it not? I've never felt lonely as it's been described in the previous posts, that's why I'm asking for clarification. Maybe it's just different for everybody.

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25