Community > Posts By > navygirl

navygirl's photo
Sat 04/08/17 08:27 AM
Age is not just a number; it is a measure of life experience. At 57 I have had a lot more life experience than someone at age 25 or 30. The only thing a younger person would see in an older person is a place to live, using them for sex, or using the older person for money. I have the intelligence to know that if I am not considered attractive to a man my age; I would be even less attractive to someone much younger. I know the difference between love and being used.

navygirl's photo
Wed 04/05/17 09:29 AM
Tired. I am on day number 6 of working and still have one to go.sad

navygirl's photo
Wed 04/05/17 09:24 AM

Topic: If they give you to chose between love :heart: and money :moneybag:

Does this mean the two are mutually exclusive? Are you asking if you can find love without having money?
Are you asking if you can't love without money?

Im confused too dreamerana ,

I thought the question was asking us to choose between love or money,

Im hearing some folks talking about making their own money, but did the OP give us that option of one person having money in the relationship?

I assume that most of the people in this thread live in a house or an apartment , eat food and wear clothes. If neither party has money, who is paying for these things?what

The truth of the matter at least for me is you can have success and money.
It doesn't mean much if you don't have someone to share it.
My life reached big achievements. I got promoted in my regular job. Additionally, I was offered another dream come true being a part time instructor and mentor.
Made a splash in both.
While I'm blessed in both, there was still an emptiness while my happy sunshine and i were having difficulties.
Love makes life meaningful

I don't agree that love makes life meaningful. I don't have love but I am happy and my life certainly has meaning. My volunteer work with my Navy cadets gives me meaning, hanging with my friends gives me meaning, doing charity gives my life meaning, etc. You can do many things that give your life meaning without love.

navygirl's photo
Wed 04/05/17 09:13 AM
I work with Navy Cadets aged 9 to 12. My position is Executive Officer. This one cadet always announces " Executive or Commanding Officer approaching, mam or sir " as we approach the deck. Well this cadet kept calling me sir and I always laughed at it. One day this kid was announcing my approach and said "Executive Officer approaching, mam" to one of my male officers. The officer is smirking but says, "I am not a mam, I am a sir, get it right". Cadet's priceless response, " I am working on it sir." My response: doubled over from laughter.

navygirl's photo
Mon 04/03/17 04:10 PM
Definitely money. You can live without love but you need money to survive. I know its not romantic but it is practical.

navygirl's photo
Mon 04/03/17 04:08 PM

Question to the Woman?

Hi Everyone, Question to the Woman, dose the average to below
Average looking has any chances of Woman on these sites of getting a date? It seems not. As you can see by my picnic am a very average
Looking Man about a 5 from 1-10 of look’s, just wondering if I stand a chance. Or is it pretty much a lost cause. I come to the harsh
Realization that I get turned down either because of look’s or race
Or both. Have people become that shallow and don’t care at all
About what should really matter about a person, the one that
Last long after the look’s/body fades away with age and that’s
The person’s inner qualities. Thanks’ Dave

Dave; sadly most people in this world are shallow. I get turned down because of my looks and age. I just gave up trying and keep myself immersed in volunteer work and my hobbies.

navygirl's photo
Wed 03/29/17 11:41 AM

I am so so weary of finding a descent man who doesn't care that I am over 50 ( looking down the barrel of 60), am a large woman and have a moderate disability. I do use a wheelchair outside my home due so a number of back injuries. Inside my home I wander around just fine and take very good care of myself. It seems that each man who finally stops to chat with me will run like a chicken with it's tail on fire when I inform them of my other "strikes". They never wait long enough to find out that I am a terrific gal !
What is wrong with these guys ???

MissJudy, so sorry to hear this but you are not alone. My friend says he doesn't understand why men don't want to be with me. He calls me a self made woman, I cycle and work out, paid off my house, and do community work. The only downside of me is my age and that seems to be a factor. All, I can say is that I hope there is at least one guy out there that is smart enough to appreciate you. flowerforyou

navygirl's photo
Wed 03/29/17 01:03 AM
Don't get much free time between work, court cases, and working with cadets. Usually trying very hard to catch up on stuff around the house.

navygirl's photo
Mon 03/27/17 03:24 PM
Edited by navygirl on Mon 03/27/17 03:26 PM

navygirl's photo
Mon 03/27/17 03:24 PM
Edited by navygirl on Mon 03/27/17 03:27 PM

Why is it a nice looking 50's women always go after younger men?

Because.. they can.. and they even made a word for it " cougar".. which somehow seems to make it o.k.

Now on the other hand, if I guy does that he is still just considered... a dirty old man..

Lol.. double standards ;)

I think its creepy when any older person dates a person that is way younger than them.

navygirl's photo
Mon 03/27/17 03:21 PM

Does LOVE really exist or should it comes with PLEASURE and MONEY? 99% woman turn down dated when guy mention that he is not rich. But that does not mean that they(guys) have no money. Actually they do have money, it's just not a wealthy one. Only average on what I usually know. But still, woman are often looking rich men because they believe in security yet time fall out when most rich are not honest in relationship. Plus, they teach the non rich to do the same because this rich want a on and off Pleasure not LOVE. Is LOVE for real or just like a myth, risking in real life? What do you think?
\

Lots of gold diggers out there unfortunately.

navygirl's photo
Mon 03/27/17 03:19 PM

Would like to hear your opinion about this...

I'm 40 years old and keep getting a lot of friend requests from young boys in their 20's and from older men, almost the same age as my father. Do you consider it as a normal? What kind of interest could be to interact with people in so different age?

OK, maybe as a friends we could do some chit-chat if I would be that kind of person who cares about it... so maybe I would understand friend request...but matching thing...just crazy.

I find it creepy when young guys contact me. I find most young people are just out to use an older person for money or sex.

navygirl's photo
Fri 03/24/17 12:20 PM
Work has to be a priority. Need to pay the bills before I can have any fun.

navygirl's photo
Wed 03/22/17 02:00 PM

Love your photo!
Yes, do understand that people are probably just being friendly and yup, no ring on finger does make it appear I am seeking friendship (or more) sitting by myself. Have since though about my original post and realized just how smug it make me sound. Have recently make a positive effort to converse an not be so sullen in the mornings. :smile:

Thanks. I don't think you are smug. There are simply times that a person doesn't want company and people need to respect that. I am cranky first thing in the morning and the last thing I want to do is talk to anyone so I understand you.

navygirl's photo
Tue 03/21/17 10:22 AM
I have found out that men here do not like strong women. I have served in the military and faced dangerous situations. I bought a house on my own and had to renovate it as well pay it off on my own. I am not afraid to travel on my own and certainly not afraid to speak my mind. I even moved a 450 pound hot tub by myself by using my strength and wit. I have intelligence and independence. Not saying; I won't work with a man in sharing the chores or even asking for help but I refuse to play the dumb and defenseless woman that men want. We leave in dangerous times and women can no longer afford to play the damsel in distress. You become dependant on a man; then you are in a for a world of hurt if he should die or leave you. I don't know why an reasonable man would put and leave a woman in that position.

navygirl's photo
Tue 03/21/17 10:10 AM

I start off each relationship making it perfectly clear that we are to people first most.. two individuals..
Not one another's property..
We treat each other with respect and consideration... never talk to each other as though we are no longer individual people... couples tend to develop language... that does not revolve around each person being a individual with separate feelings and needing respect....

This is the number one important thing to me. Glad, I am not the only one that thinks a couple doesn't need to be joined at the hip or lose their individuality. Too many people in relationships do indeed try to own a person. I find that an instant turnoff.

navygirl's photo
Tue 03/21/17 10:03 AM
Edited by navygirl on Tue 03/21/17 10:04 AM

YOU’RE COMFORTABLE BEING SINGLE.
Since you aren’t willing to settle for just anyone, you must be fine with the idea of staying single if that’s what it comes down to. That probably means you’re independent and you can take care of yourself, and which guys doesn’t love that?

Yep, this is me. Its good as I am usually to busy with my hobbies, work, and community service to have a relationship anyways.

Attagirl :thumbsup:

I DON'T BLAME YOU...Same here laugh
I still have my part time work,( Keeps me out of trouble with bad woman's ), blushing

Occasionally volunteer to my local wildlife rescue shelter and town community.
Yet still have my sanity, comfort zone and serenity.
( A good lady friend WON'T HURT ME to start with, will be PERFECT )
If anything good happen, then, ( Next can be the following chapter )
whoa ..That's when the hot water bottle can burst rofl

Plus, I have my birds, few chickens and a handsome rooster laugh ,
and my garden to keep me busy all year round.

Thanks for coming by " navygirl " waving

I think that is awesome that you volunteer with rescue shelter for wildlife. I volunteer teaching cadets from 9 to 12. I am also working on a garden once we get out of this freezing weather. I am also a seamstress and love making costumes. I think the thing of it is that we have to be happy with ourselves before being with anyone. So many people think they need a partner to make them happy and personally that seems like quite a burden to put on another. flowerforyou

navygirl's photo
Tue 03/21/17 09:53 AM
These match things are so stupid. Got 216 but don't give a crap about checking it out.

navygirl's photo
Tue 03/21/17 09:42 AM
When I am sitting at Tim Hortons; no one normally bothers me but usually the conversation takes place in line and I am the one to initiate it. LOL Only time I have ever been bothered is when there is someone drunk trying to talk to me. Although; you have me thinking of what a character on Star Trek said. If you wanted to be alone; you wouldn't be in a public place around people. Not saying that sitting alone gives people an open invitation to talk to you but personally when I don't want to to talk to anyone; I grab my coffee and go. You could try bringing a book and pretend to be reading it and maybe that might throw people off. Either way; Op I hope you can find a place to have coffee without someone annoying you.

navygirl's photo
Sun 03/19/17 11:53 PM
Edited by navygirl on Sun 03/19/17 11:53 PM
YOU’RE COMFORTABLE BEING SINGLE.
Since you aren’t willing to settle for just anyone, you must be fine with the idea of staying single if that’s what it comes down to. That probably means you’re independent and you can take care of yourself, and which guys doesn’t love that?

Yep, this is me. Its good as I am usually to busy with my hobbies, work, and community service to have a relationship anyways.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25