Community > Posts By > funguymd

funguymd's photo
Sun 02/14/10 04:19 PM
Edited by funguymd on Sun 02/14/10 04:20 PM
Hey, If I make it to the phillipines or south calabato, hey, maybe we can find each other?:wink: In any case, Happy valentine's day.

funguymd's photo
Sun 01/31/10 03:02 PM

"Zardoz" starring Sean Connery...made in the late 60's or early 70's was particularly hideous! laugh :tongue: Everybody looks like they're on acid and are sweating profusely. Sean Connery looks like he's wearing a diaper. The plot makes no sense at all....:tongue:

I second that. Though, it did sort of have a plot. Zardoz turned out to be the WiZARD of OZ. big woop! (yes, I actually watched the whole thing):wink:

funguymd's photo
Tue 01/26/10 09:05 PM

Freddie vs. Jason is a title I can throw right now. I was so disappointed in the movie. I didn't even want to see the movie...my ex chose the movie. Sheesh! But I will say some Syfy movies are a bit corny. I still love SyFy though.

Yeah, I like scyfy too. And I disagree with district 9--it was great. a little slow towards the middle, but it was good. A good analogy of what went on in south africa, apartheid and everything.

worst film I ever saw was League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. stupid, bad, slow and though only about 90 minutes long, it was 89 minutes too long. laugh

funguymd's photo
Tue 01/26/10 09:01 PM
Wilkommen, bienvenue, beinvenidos, and whatever other languages you can think of. Not a bad place to meet people (the forums), but meeting people through matching and searching-- its for the dogs. :smile:

funguymd's photo
Tue 01/26/10 08:56 PM
I think we can all live without them. We will survive, but I think that these things allow us to be connected to others. Or, in the case of TV, it allows us to get away from our daily problems. What did people do before cell phones and TV and computers? They actually went out, met people and did things, instead of mainly sitting on their butts (in the cases of computers and TV). There probably were a lot less singles out there.:wink:

But, I need the sci-fi channel. I need the escape. and the shows are good. not like the reality shows another forum person mentioned.

funguymd's photo
Tue 01/26/10 08:49 PM

We men are really simple people. If we tell a woman everything about ourselves, then after the 5 minutes are up, there is no more mystery. Women need a man to be mysterious. So, at some point, we have to say that something in our lives is complicated. That way, there is some mystery.

But, it could also mean he is recently divorced, has an ex straight out of fatal attraction, or just doesn't want to say. Men don't have to say everything. Also, women are not always the most honest. :wink: The earth will stand still the day when women are honest and open about things!!laugh

You may be simple,
sorry i am not

you really are. your ego is probably getting in the way of your figuring that out.

funguymd's photo
Tue 01/26/10 08:48 PM
Well, not much to talk about. Does anybody do karaoke?

funguymd's photo
Fri 01/22/10 07:14 PM
I don't know, I haven't had anything thrown at my lap for a long time.sad

funguymd's photo
Fri 01/22/10 07:11 PM
We men are really simple people. If we tell a woman everything about ourselves, then after the 5 minutes are up, there is no more mystery. Women need a man to be mysterious. So, at some point, we have to say that something in our lives is complicated. That way, there is some mystery.

But, it could also mean he is recently divorced, has an ex straight out of fatal attraction, or just doesn't want to say. Men don't have to say everything. Also, women are not always the most honest. :wink: The earth will stand still the day when women are honest and open about things!!laugh

funguymd's photo
Fri 01/22/10 07:06 PM
I think the phrase comes after a man says something honest to the woman, and she says something,like "I've heard that one before", or "All men say that, but don't mean it". Because, at that point, the only thing you can say is either, I am different from other men (I am not like those other men who said it and didn't mean it). Or, they didn't mean it, I do.

The problem is that, all of the men who got to the particular woman first and lied, have f***ed it up for the rest of us honest men. So, we are left with 2 possibilities. Don't be honest, or just accept that the woman won't believe you when you are. Either way, trust goes out the window!!

funguymd's photo
Sun 01/10/10 01:38 PM
Never heard of that one before. I guess now I have.

funguymd's photo
Sun 01/10/10 01:34 PM
Good jokes, funny. But, should we really be putting down blondes? Aren't those the women we want to date? Oh, yeah, they don't know they've been put downslaphead We're safe.!

funguymd's photo
Sun 01/10/10 01:20 PM
I think I tend to forgive almost anybody and I tend to forget. Which, of course, in turn leads to me taking the same people at their word as I did before. Of course, that usually leads to something I will likely have to forgive.:smile: People don't change.

But, why hang on to anger and hurt. Just let it go!!happy

funguymd's photo
Sun 01/10/10 01:14 PM
Edited by funguymd on Sun 01/10/10 01:15 PM
Only talk to one person. Not my girlfriend. Up above (literally). Though, the chatting is fun and so are the forums. By the way, I wonder if chatting online really helps to meet people? :wink: I mean, all the hours spent alone at a computer probably don't help meeting people. laugh

funguymd's photo
Sat 01/09/10 07:14 PM
I think we actually expect more from women. We expect them to hold down jobs, do the laundry, take care of the kids, figure out how to take care of the kids, clean the house and bring us our beers and slippers when we come home. (or something of the sort). Oh, and always look good and, of course, have sex whenever we want to. (yes, fantasizing is allowed on this forum :wink: ).

In any case, I think we don't expect much from men. We just expect them to be the breadwinner--and that is it.

The more bread the man brings home, the better he is considered.

But, we can all change this mentality. Just stop expecting so much or so little and except each other for who we are.
(kumbaya getting louder in the background :smile: )

funguymd's photo
Sat 01/09/10 07:06 PM
Welcome. The best way to find someone is to actually look. Join a gym, go to starbucks. supermarkets aren't bad. But these dating sites are filled with people (like me) who don't really take big risks. As Byron said, "Great love takes great risk." You gotta put yourself out there and you have to have the other person also want to put herself out there. That may be a stretch.

But, I haven't given up yet. I know there are plenty of ms. Rights, or at least almost Rights out there. It is just a matter of finding her. Whether it is here or in the real world--or both.

funguymd's photo
Sat 01/09/10 06:56 PM

people need to post in the forums often. Not only can you have fun but you can meet other members and get noticed too.

A lot of members don't post in the forums but they might read them. Maybe a post might spark an interest

Yes, I agree. But, I have had just as much or little luck in the forums as I have had emailing. It just gets a little frustrating. But, I like the comment made by bigstick (good name too)

I don't mind the no's. It makes the yes even better but at the same time I understand the fear to walk up to a woman and let your guard down. Self esteem fellas it comes and goes but this year guys ask out a few woman that you think you have NO chance with you might be surprised at the outcome trust me I know first hand woooohoo

I have asked out a few women this year (and the end of last year) who I thought would never go out with me. I was right :cry:

But, it hasn't stopped me. Giving up is not an option.

funguymd's photo
Sat 01/09/10 06:48 PM
Haven't really found anything yet here. My friends say I should just join a gym instead of spending time and money on singles sites. That way, even if I don't meet a girl there, I'll be buff and be able to attract more women anyways. Better to spend 24.99 on a gym per month then on a "dating site". I have found, though, that you can carry on conversations with people who are in the forums. It is unlikely scammers will waste time writing entries in forums--much easier to wait for someone to take the bait of their email. Therefore, they are pretty much real profiles.

I also know of a few married couples who met on singles sites. But, the one thing you have to do to meet people is just to take a chance. I find that not too many people seem willing to take the chance to find something. Maybe that is why they are single?:wink:

So, keep it up here and take chances here and in the real world. And join a gym.

funguymd's photo
Sat 01/09/10 06:36 PM

..as long as both are legal,and they are fine with it,...it doesn't matter what others think,altho the difference in age may matter to some.... for those god invented the middle finger...bigsmile

i'm not in the position yet, but i bet i'd have issues if my daughter ended up dating a man 30 years her senior, or my son 20 his junior.

well, don't you think it is up to your daughter or your son who they date? picture this, your daughter brings home a guy who rides a motorcylce, wears earrings, acts like a jerk, probably was in the slammer--a real good catch. But he is also your daughter's age. Now, let's say your daughter brings home a guy in a suit, driving a rolls with a chauffeur, good mannered--but 25 years older. Which one would you prefer your daughter go out with??

sure it's up to my kids. i didn't say that i'd dictate who they date.

however, i don't have to like who they choose.

true, you don't. Of course, if they are going to get serious, it helps if the inlaws like the respective partner. Makes for easier sailing.

funguymd's photo
Sat 01/02/10 01:35 PM
Hey, lots of good responses. But, the point is moot, because the girl in question just is not interested in a man who is "old enough to be my father". I have started looking for women closer to my age, say 26 (though that is still young) to 44.

I think that may work out better. But, I still think age doesn't really matter, it is up to each person to figure that out. It only matters if you make it matter.

Previous 1 3 4 5