Community > Posts By > willy_cents

willy_cents's photo
Sun 07/11/10 08:28 AM
from the Orange County Register:
SANTA ANA, Calif.—An Orange County woman was sentenced to a year in jail for sending hundreds of threatening text messages—to herself. Prosecutors said Jeanne Mundango Manunga told police her former boyfriend and his sister-in-law were behind the threats.
Manunga was sentenced Friday in Santa Ana Superior Court. She was convicted in May of three felony counts of false imprisonment by fraud or deceit and two misdemeanor counts of making a false police report.

Prosecutors said Manunga started sending the threatening messages after she and her former boyfriend stopped dating in 2008.

Manunga also was placed on three years probation and ordered to pay about $50,000 in restitution.

My questions are:

Does she pay restitution to herself?slaphead
and How does the restraining order work, does she have to stay away from herself?spock

Along these lines, I have a friend who had to pay child support to himself through the state.slaphead

willy_cents's photo
Fri 07/09/10 07:41 PM
I called my friend Andy Sable, a gastroenterologist, to make an appointment for a colonoscopy.

A few days later, in his office, Andy showed me a color diagram of the colon, a lengthy organ that appears to go all over the place, at one point passing briefly through Minneapolis.

Then Andy explained the colonoscopy procedure to me in a thorough, reassuring and patient manner.

I nodded thoughtfully, but I didn't really hear anything he said, because my brain was shrieking, 'HE'S GOING TO STICK A TUBE 17,000 FEET UP YOUR BEHIND!'

I left Andy's office with some written instructions, and a prescription for a product called 'MoviPrep,' which comes in a box large enough to hold a microwave oven. I will discuss MoviPrep in detail later; for now suffice it to say that we must never allow it to fall into the hands of America 's enemies.

I spent the next several days productively sitting around being nervous.

Then, on the day before my colonoscopy, I began my preparation. In accordance with my instructions, I didn't eat any solid food that day; all I had was chicken broth, which is basically water, only with less flavor.

Then, in the evening, I took the MoviPrep. You mix two packets of powder together in a one-liter plastic jug, then you fill it with lukewarm water. (For those unfamiliar with the metric system, a liter is about 32 gallons). Then you have to drink the whole jug. This takes about an hour, because MoviPrep tastes - and here I am being kind - like a mixture of goat spit and urinal cleanser, with just a hint of lemon.

The instructions for MoviPrep, clearly written by somebody with a great sense of humor, state that after you drink it, 'a loose, watery bowel movement may result.'

This is kind of like saying that after you jump off your roof, you may experience contact with the ground.

MoviPrep is a nuclear laxative. I don't want to be too graphic, here, but, have you ever seen a space-shuttle launch? This is pretty much the MoviPrep experience, with you as the shuttle. There are times when you wish the commode had a seat belt. You spend several hours pretty much confined to the bathroom, spurting violently. You eliminate everything. And then, when you figure you must be totally empty, you have to drink another liter of MoviPrep, at which point, as far as I can tell, your bowels travel into the future and start eliminating food that you have not even eaten yet.

After an action-packed evening, I finally got to sleep.

The next morning my wife drove me to the clinic. I was very nervous. Not only was I worried about the procedure, but I had been experiencing occasional return bouts of MoviPrep spurtage. I was thinking, 'What if I spurt on Andy?' How do you apologize to a friend for something like that? Flowers would not be enough.

At the clinic I had to sign many forms acknowledging that I understood and totally agreed with whatever the heck the forms said. Then they led me to a room full of other colonoscopy people, where I went inside a little curtained space and took off my clothes and put on one of those hospital garments designed by sadist perverts, the kind that, when you put it on, makes you feel even more naked than when you are actually naked..

Then a nurse named Eddie put a little needle in a vein in my left hand. Ordinarily I would have fainted, but Eddie was very good, and I was already lying down. Eddie also told me that some people put vodka in their MoviPrep..
At first I was ticked off that I hadn't thought of this, but then I pondered what would happen if you got yourself too tipsy to make it to the bathroom, so you were staggering around in full Fire Hose Mode. You would have no choice but to burn your house.

When everything was ready, Eddie wheeled me into the procedure room, where Andy was waiting with a nurse and an anesthesiologist. I did not see the 17,000-foot tube, but I knew Andy had it hidden around there somewhere. I was seriously nervous at this point.

Andy had me roll over on my left side, and the anesthesiologist began hooking something up to the needle in my hand.

There was music playing in the room, and I realized that the song was 'Dancing Queen' by ABBA. I remarked to Andy that, of all the songs that could be playing during this particular procedure, 'Dancing Queen' had to be the least appropriate.

'You want me to turn it up?' said Andy, from somewhere behind me.

'Ha ha,' I said. And then it was time, the moment I had been dreading for more than a decade.. If you are squeamish, prepare yourself, because I am going to tell you, in explicit detail, exactly what it was like.

I have no idea. Really. I slept through it. One moment, ABBA was yelling 'Dancing Queen, feel the beat of the tambourine,' and the next moment, I was back in the other room, waking up in a very mellow mood.

Andy was looking down at me and asking me how I felt. I felt excellent. I felt even more excellent when Andy told me that It was all over, and that my colon had passed with flying colors. I have never been prouder of an internal organ.

On the subject of Colonoscopies...
Colonoscopies are no joke, but these comments during the exam were quite humorous.... A physician claimed that the following are actual comments made by his patients (predominately male) while he was performing their colonoscopies:

1. 'Take it easy, Doc. You're boldly going where no man has gone before!'

2. 'Find Amelia Earhart yet?'

3. 'Can you hear me NOW?'

4. 'Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?'

5. 'You know, in Arkansas , we're now legally married.'

6. 'Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?'

7. 'You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out...'

8. 'Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!'

9. 'If your hand doesn't fit, you must quit!'

10. 'Hey Doc, let me know if you find my dignity.'

11. 'You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?'

12. 'God, now I know why I am not gay.'

And the best one of all:
13. 'Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is not up there?'

willy_cents's photo
Fri 07/09/10 07:31 PM
flowers

I had forgotten. A long time ago, I was room-mates with 2 people. one was a man. We eventually became a couple.After about 8 months. I had to move because my mom was ill, and it was 1/3 way across the country. We were in love. We wrote, snail mail, called 3-6 x a week, visited every few months, it was great. We were 'eventually' going to get together. That lasted about 18 months. my mom got real bad, took a turn for the worse. We had seen each other for Christmas and then in March. Mid April is when my mom got put in the hospital (we knew it was coming). So busy was I with that that I realized hadn't heard from 'Mark' in about 10 days. I called him the 1st of May, he was all sheepish. he may have 'met' someone. My mother died 2 days later.
I didn't notice still hadn't heard, except a short message. So the point of the story is, there are no promises anything is going to work, whether you know the person or not, things can change off in a shift of the wind. Who ever your heart throb is 1/2 across the country. the next time they go out or go grocery shopping, the girl or boy next store is standing right next to them you're not.
If you have a long list, you might as well throw in the towel, you're actually saying I don't want to meet anyone, and I'll make it as difficult as possible to prove it. The problem seems to stem from people wanting the 'perfect' mate, since no one around them like that where they are.
You have to admit, maybe...just maybe we're all here because we haven't healed, aren't really looking that hard, don't REALLY want a relationship that badly. How many here actually would up and leave all they have for another? seriously. You'd give up your entire life where you are, your job, house, home, friends and start all over?
I've done that alot when I was young but not for anyone but myself. And what would you do if it didn't work out, or wasn't working out as well as you thought it would? You're taking all your problems with you anyway. The ones that are stopping you from getting involved with the person who asked you out but you didn't go because you might have a chance with the person 7 states away? I'm just saying this because I thought I can't be the only one on here like that.
flowers my experiences exactly..for some reason anyone close can be considered a "threat" and one stays away from them. Besides, I live in a tiny town and know, maybe, too much about the others and have too many preconcieved opinions of them? Just sayin'

willy_cents's photo
Fri 07/09/10 07:24 PM
any ladie who is a virgin in my age group should be in the smithsonian as a one of a kind.laugh Heck, I'm happy if they don't have great great grandkidsnoway

willy_cents's photo
Fri 07/09/10 07:19 PM
bet your odds of "meeting" someone on a dating site would go wayyyyyyyy up if you won a big lottery and posted the link to the news story on your profile, and used your real name....lol

willy_cents's photo
Fri 07/09/10 07:16 PM
Edited by willy_cents on Fri 07/09/10 07:17 PM

Also so many women are raising their kids with basically no help so they don't have time to go out.

I agree. That's the problem I ran into. I haven't been single since I was 23 and now I'm 34 with a 4 year old son. I rarely get time to go out. It's kind of hard to meet a man at the grocery store. lol
I understand the grocery store is the easiest place to meet ladies, thoughbigsmile
if ya see a guy you like, maam, just walk up and offer to help him with his shopping...bet ya meet himpitchfork

willy_cents's photo
Fri 07/09/10 07:07 PM
I hate to have to agree, esp with the women having less trouble than the guys finding a relationship. Census claims that their are 8% more single women than men east of Mississippi, and 10% more single men than women west of Miss. And Wyo. hasd 15% more men than women. And guess where I liverant frustrated

willy_cents's photo
Fri 07/09/10 06:58 PM
nite tim...might I suggest habanero pancakes for breakfast?pitchfork

willy_cents's photo
Fri 07/09/10 06:46 PM
maryflowerforyou

willy_cents's photo
Fri 07/09/10 06:43 PM

I thought of trying that before willy, just didnt take the time to look up the codelaugh
I am surprised that they allow it, most places disable that particular coderofl

willy_cents's photo
Fri 07/09/10 06:42 PM

depends on the type of ice creamlaugh
yeah, some kinds are made to be licked, others to be bitten, and some are just great when you nibble on it

drool :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

willy_cents's photo
Fri 07/09/10 06:38 PM
Freedom Arms.....454 Casull, use it for hunting and all. Kicks a bit(lol) but is a great piece

willy_cents's photo
Fri 07/09/10 06:36 PM

A Canadian salesman checked into a futuristic hotel in Tokyo, Japan . . .

Realizing he needed a haircut before the next day's meeting, he called down to the desk clerk to ask if there was a barber on the premises.

'I'm afraid not, sir,' the clerk told him apologetically, 'but down the hall from your room is a vending machine that should serve your purposes.'

Skeptical but intrigued, the salesman located the machine, inserted $15.00, and stuck his head into the opening, at which time the machine started to buzz and whirl. Fifteen seconds later the salesman pulled out his head and surveyed his reflection, which reflected the best haircut of his life.

Two feet away was another machine with a sign that read,'Manicures, $20.00'.

'Why not?' thought the salesman. He paid the money, inserted his hands into the slot, and the machine started to buzz and whirl. Fifteen seconds later he pulled out his hands and they were perfectly manicured.

The next machine had a sign that read, 'This Machine Provides a Service Men Need When Away from Their Wives, 50 Cents.'

The salesman looked both ways, put fifty cents in the machine, unzipped his fly, and with some anticipation, stuck his manhood into the opening. When the machine started buzzing, the guy let out a shriek of agony and almost passed out. Fifteen seconds later it shut off.

With trembling hands, the salesman was able to withdraw his tender unit... which now had a button sewn neatly on the end.

willy_cents's photo
Fri 07/09/10 06:32 PM
Tim, you have mail

willy_cents's photo
Fri 07/09/10 06:31 PM

No talk Willy is back
<~~~~~~is invisible, except to yousmooched

Well gees ..just for that I am leaving!!!
waving waving Betty have fun and take lots of pictures
have fun Betty, and post your pics for uspitchfork

willy_cents's photo
Fri 07/09/10 06:31 PM
<~~~only puts naughty thoughts on here telepathically so he don't get whacked by the broombigsmile pitchfork

willy_cents's photo
Fri 07/09/10 06:28 PM

No talk Willy is back

Well gees ..just for that I am leaving!!!
noway YOU SAW MEnoway and I thought I had telepathic typing perfectedsad

willy_cents's photo
Fri 07/09/10 06:24 PM

No talk Willy is back

willy_cents's photo
Fri 07/09/10 06:20 PM
Tim, do you nibble your ice cream cone or do you bite a chunk off it or just lick it gor a while?

willy_cents's photo
Wed 07/07/10 07:45 AM
Not a red flag. I don't expect anyone to be more "perfect" in their actions than I am. There are a great many things I believe in absolutely that pertain to my religon; do I live up to every one successfully? Heck no because I am not perfect. I grant everyone the absolute right to fail in living up to their beliefs frequently.....just saying

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25