Community > Posts By > jwaddy

jwaddy's photo
Thu 07/26/07 09:52 AM
haha good ones

what do you call a blonde who died her hair brown?

artificial intelligence.

jwaddy's photo
Thu 07/26/07 09:46 AM
what's the difference between a blonde and a rooster?

a rooster says cocadoodledoo

a blonde says any c0ck'll do

jwaddy's photo
Thu 07/26/07 09:36 AM
how did the blonde break her legs while raking the leaves?

she fell out of the tree.

jwaddy's photo
Wed 07/25/07 02:52 PM
telling people upfront is the way to go. it's better to be selective and save yourself and the other person a lot of time.

i make it clear upfront that i don't date women who bring kids into the relationship. the girls i've dated with kids try to marry you very quickly and get you hooked in so that you'd help pay for her kids and play daddy. another phenomenon is how those kids often come between an otherwise great relationship, literally. step kids are often resentful of the intruder dad, no matter what you do for 'em.

i'm not at all opposed to kids. i'd love to have them. but i don't want another man's kids in my life.

jwaddy's photo
Wed 07/25/07 02:04 PM
the new html uploader fixed the problem on my mac. i bet it fixed the problems for windows users too.

jwaddy's photo
Wed 07/25/07 01:45 PM
reading that on someone's profile says that she's driven, motivated, and cares about what she looks like. it's a big thumbs up.

ask yourself this when you're thinking of posting it - what's your motivation for posting it? don't post it if you're looking for approval. do post it if you're proud of your accomplishment.

jwaddy's photo
Sun 07/22/07 07:29 PM
hey mike, just a quick idea here. do you guys think you can design an html-based image uploader as a back-up plan? like, if you can't upload with our javascript uploader, click here.

it's awesome that you guys are working so hard at keeping the site running smoothly for everyone.

jwaddy's photo
Sun 07/22/07 02:42 PM
i got around the problem without worrying about my mac. uploaded them to photobucket, downloaded them locally on a friend's computer and uploaded them here. if you want me to continue working through the issue on the mac, i'd be glad to try to figure out what the problem was for future reference. it doesn't seem like it's a common issue for mac users, so it's probably something weird on my computer and nothing to worry about here. thanks for your help and your time :)

jwaddy's photo
Thu 07/19/07 10:45 PM
i see the outline of the progress bar ok, and it fades in all pretty-like. then it just stops with a blue progress bar outline. i've let it run for a half hour with no progress, and i'm uploading images that are like 30k and jpeg format.

jwaddy's photo
Thu 07/19/07 10:41 PM
Hmm. There's the Java plugin 1.4.2 (version 2.3.0) in the system profile under applications. The newest version requires Max OS 10.4, which I haven't really wanted to upgrade to. You make a good point though - the version i have is copyrighted 2003 - 2004? dang.

jwaddy's photo
Thu 07/19/07 10:13 PM
my two cents - don't let them throw you out on the curb.

Next time you should totally spark a threesome.

jwaddy's photo
Thu 07/19/07 02:46 PM
people lie because they are either too scared to tell you the truth, or they figured out that lying will get them what they want. neither men nor women are innocent or guilty - it's more about the kind of people you are attracting to yourself. if every man you've dated lies to you, you might want to change what kind of guys you're attracting.

jwaddy's photo
Thu 07/19/07 02:26 PM
LOL those are some good ones. I think my favorite of all time is:

"That dress is becoming on you. If I were on you, I'd be coming too."

jwaddy's photo
Thu 07/19/07 02:24 PM
that's a different story. no need to go on a pain diet or anything. there are tons of guys who don't like skinny girls too, and i don't recommend changing for someone else. personally, i think i'm worth a few situps. more important than weight is body shape, and i've been perfectly happy dating motivated women who were 140 pounds, without them needing to be annorexic. it just meant laying off mcdonalds, going to the gym with me, and running with me.

originally, i focused on stereotypes because it's a hard but true fact of life. it doesn't mean the stereotype holds true. a young person wouldn't look down on another young person for driving fast, for instance.

a stereotype about me is that being so small i look easy to beat up. i look like i'm about 130 pounds (if i blindly ask a stranger) but that's still tiny relative to most other people. it doesn't mean it's true, and i've had people twice my size start fights with me and lose (including an off-duty bouncer standing up for his friend who was sexually harrassing my date).

jwaddy's photo
Thu 07/19/07 02:12 PM
my point exactly. as demonstrated, a lot of people get insecure about weight, to the point of insulting remarks. i didn't say i LIKED being small, but it's a fact of life for me, and i'm making the best of it. the rest of my family genetically is about 6 feet tall and 160+ pounds. i stunted my growth in wrestling for 7 years.

jwaddy's photo
Thu 07/19/07 01:46 PM
Time to be the devil's advocate here. It's actually a pretty common thing, so I'm going to look at it objectively from a big picture perspective.

*steps out on the tracks in front of the freight train*

The less confident you are in yourself, the more you look to your mate for re-assurance. If your mate is someone your friends will look at and go "wow" it becomes very easy to feel good about yourself, saying "he/she is mine and all my friends look up to me for it." Why do you think women are so instinctively attracted to confidence? What do you think happens inside someone's head when they get addicted to this response from other people, then suddenly have it taken away?

Your body tells a lot about you. Being overweight sends signals of poor self control, poor health, and laziness. In reality this usually isn't the case, as like you say for instance having kids can put on pounds, but it's an unspoken first assumption for many people. It's kind of like how a lot of people can look at a young driver in a car and assume they drive fast, look at a model and assume she's a slut, or even look at a black person and think he's a thief. These are all common assumptions in society.

Here's a different angle to the issue. Of all their senses, women are biologically the least sexually aroused by their sense of sight. On the other hand, men are turned on more by their sense of sight than all their other senses combined. This creates some interesting dynamics.

I see a lot of people say he's shallow. I think it's funny that he left her rather than motivate her to start working out with him, and then got to eat dirt when she got skinny again without him. He handled it poorly, it's important to understand where his thoughts came from. She may have started getting comfortable, assuming she didn't have to work at the relationship anymore, or she could have been testing him to see how he'd react now rather than 20 years from now.

I'll admit I'm a man who only likes skinny girls. I'm 5'6" 100 lbs and like women who are my size. I don't want to lug around someone bigger than I am, and I am very attracted to curves, shapes, and flat stomachs. Love handles ruin this for me and are a huge turn-off. For a lot of girls, to stay this size takes dedication and hard work, which is a big thumbs up to me. The average woman is 140 pounds, so as you can probably guess, there aren't a lot of women I'm physically attracted to off the bat. Of these who actually pass my physical bar, I require a lot out of her personality. If there's no connection, no sweetness, no brains, no creativity, and no chemistry, it's not worth pursuing, no matter how attractive she is.

How many of you girls can say you're attracted to a man who sits on the couch all day, unemployed, drinking beer and watching tv, while hollering and ordering you around? It turns you off pretty bad, no? How would you respond? Sometimes a woman who starts rapidly declining physically can have that same kind of repulsive effect to a man. Men and women come from very different places. Understanding that is so important.

jwaddy's photo
Thu 07/19/07 01:08 PM
The universal crutch for people who don't know how to start a conversation. What a beautiful thing. Personally, I like to stick to, you know, rocket science like "hey what's up" but lets re-invent the wheel and have a little fun.

Ladies! Have you ever had someone use a pick-up line that was so bad you just wanted to punch him? Have you ever had someone use a pick-up line that actually worked? Do share! What's going through your head when someone does it?

From what I gather, you've made up your mind long before we even open our mouths, based on body language, how we walk, how we hold ourselves, etc. What role do the actual words have on attraction?

jwaddy's photo
Thu 07/19/07 01:01 PM
Hey pos, you speak the truth. Very good points you make there, and I agree wholeheartedly.

jwaddy's photo
Thu 07/19/07 12:57 PM
tattoos are interesting. women tend to love tattoos on men. on the other hand, it takes the right kind of girl to pull off making it look good on her. often it does give the trashy look like pos talks about. you know, that redneck look of "my voice is even manlier than yours is", not to mention the thought of a tat on the tit that sags to the bellybutton... yuck. tats show confidence, which is good, and also shows artistic expression. both of which are thumbs up. it's GOTTA be tactful though.

jwaddy's photo
Thu 07/19/07 12:49 PM
running with girlychic's hair thing, i don't like high maintenance in general. it's got this prostitute feel to it. diamonds for sex? cmon now lol... someone who spends too much time (and money) on appearances gives a lot of negative signs to me. one, they don't have confidence in their personality and they have to compensate (like how many guys compensate for penis size with expensive cars). two, it says that no matter how much money you make, they will find ways to spend it all for you. cmon now, it's nice to have a little financial responsibility. high maintenance and gold digger are easy to combine, although they're not identical, it's like how being unemployed and being poor go together.

1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 12