Sleepless_nights_78's photo
Sat 03/05/11 09:11 PM
It's natural to miss one person more than someone else. To me it doesn't have to do with being secure or insecure. When I miss someone it's because that person is apart of my life somehow and I enjoy my conversations with that person.

Fri 03/04/11 08:40 PM

IMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0935.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG

tried adding some photos but it didn't work.

Fri 03/04/11 08:34 PM
IMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0935.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG

Wed 03/02/11 10:57 PM
Life has it's ups and downs, happy moments and sad moments.
For myself, I put on my headphones, listen to music and start cleaning something that has been put to the side, if that doesn't work, then it's time for a good work out. Sometime just writing my thoughts on paper helps until I feel better. :)

Mon 02/28/11 11:29 PM

I can't stop thinking it's Hammer Time!

Kan't Touch This!

What a flashback, thanks for the laugh. Such a nice way to end the day.

Mon 02/28/11 10:53 PM
I know that I'm excited about tommarrow and I should be sleeping because morning is going to come way to soon.

Mon 02/28/11 10:36 PM

Bolivar, Ohio...east central Ohio, 12 miles south of Canton, just east of I-77.. Moved here a yr after losing my husband and mom. I had plans to move to Missoula, Mt but because of a health issue with my son, I had to postpone my move for awhile. This town and connecting town (Zoar) if full of civil war and revolutionary war history including some surrounding areas.. I actually moved here because it was the only place I could find an apartment on one floor..I got lucky and have a pool, garage and a woodburner..I like it here but would like to move to warmer climate in winter..getting tooo old for all the snow and ice...lol Ohio weather is hot and humid in the summer and winter can be from not much snow to alot..Also close to a beautiful lake..
[/

Thanks for sharing, it sounds like a very interesting place. I hope one day, you have your warmer winters. :)

Mon 02/28/11 10:30 PM

I live in Sister Bay Wisconsin.
I have steady work year round
Major tourist attraction in the summer months.
I grew up here so family is close.
I enjoy the four seasons especially winter.
It's cold, but rarely tornadoes or flooding.
Small community, many close friends.
I love it!!

Thanks for sharing, it sounds awsome.

Mon 02/28/11 10:28 PM

Richmond, VA

So what's it like there?

Mon 02/28/11 10:22 PM
Thanks for sharing all of the stories about different places. This is why I enjoy the forums so much. :)

Mon 02/28/11 04:59 PM

Killeen...TX
its central texas
driving is good you can go at least five hours in any direction and not leave the state
the weather makes no sense
the ups and downs are boredom and well, boredom

I love texas...

Thanks for sharing. :)

Mon 02/28/11 04:57 PM

Darwin Australia..

There are no drawbacks.

The people are wonderful and friendly.

The lifestyle is slow.

There is heaps of work.

Our winters hit a low of around 80, our summers a top of around 110.

Its never busy or crowded,

I so love where i live.

But if I could be with my man, I would move whereever and still find something there to make me just as happy.flowerforyou

Thanks for sharing. :) I'd love to take my daughter to Australia some day.

Mon 02/28/11 04:54 PM

I live in Portland Oregon. The great Pacific Northwest. I like it here because the air is clean, the water is drinkable and its not too crowded. I grew up in southern California..smog...foul water..and overcrowded.

Mountains all around and the beach to the west. Its always green.

It rains and rains and rains I love it. As a matter of fact its raining right now...

Why Nampa Id? I drive through there on my way to Boise to visit my daughter and my new grandson...he's a cutie.

Sounds like a very nice place to live. Thanks for sharing.

Mon 02/28/11 04:26 PM

Lexington Kentucky. I got stranded here about 5 years ago and never left. :tongue:

5 years??? So what do you like about living there?

Mon 02/28/11 04:25 PM

Indiana,,,,,and its OK,,,but its cold four months out of EVERY year,,and a Beach year round to go to in a SHORT DRIVE.
would be a THRILL,,,to have to call that home...

WE live here in hard times right now because of the lack of jobs, lack of caring about each other, lack of our Government to LET US FEEL PROUD OF HAVING IT..Lack of real CHANGE to help EVERY AMERICAN HERE,,,so,,,,we LACK MUCH,,,as to live feeling Happy and content that we are the worlds leading Nation of people for the people and by the people,,,,,:wink:
But,,,THIS is just MY thoughts here....:heart: drinker

A lot of people are feeling that same thing.

Mon 02/28/11 04:21 PM

Louisville Kentucky. Been here for over 15 years. I really liked it when I first moved here. Anymore not so much.............smokin

15 years in one place is a long time. I knew what that felt like before I moved.

Sun 02/27/11 09:55 PM
I know that there are people on here from all over the world?
What's it like where you live?
The ups, the downs and the in betweens.
What do you enjoy most/least?
Or where would you like to go?

Sun 02/27/11 09:34 PM

Up until the age of 10, my life was perfectly
normal, by anyone's standards.
We lived in a bedroom community in San Lorenzo,
California. Miles and miles of homes dotted
with schools. One small shopping area had a
grocery store, a drug store and a pet store.

Every time we went for groceries, we would
stop at the pet store and ooo and ahhh over
the puppies and kittens and fish. My Mother
would sing 'How Much Is That Puppy In The
Window?' and my older sister and I would
sing along.

One day, we saw the Pet Store had moved away.
In its place they put the first bar in town,
the Iron Gate. My Mother, the Beauty Queen,
suddenly found a destination, within walking
distance, where she could get all the attention
she had been missing. Someone was always eager
to buy her drinks.

We stopped shopping with her, she never wanted
us around. One day, my Dad came home from work
and said, 'What did you girls do today?'
My sister, two years older, was about 10..she
said 'We went to see Mommy's new boyfriend..'
My Dad stopped in his tracks.
'Do you remember where you went?' he said
to her.
'Can you show Daddy?'
My sister had some sense of direction, as the
boyfriend lived three towns away, you had to
use 2 different freeways and many side streets.
..nonetheless, she directed us to the very door.

That was the last time we saw Mother for a very
long time, until she kidnapped us. My parents
went on to 11 marriages between them. Many
more siblings.

They were never suited, as both were the
essence of selfishness. But they had been the
'King and Queen' of the neighborhood, so it
affected many people. They were the first
couple to divorce, quite the stigma.

But when the Bar replaced the Pet Store, it
was the beginning of the end. It set it all
in motion.
Many people in the surrounding area became
drunks, as a social thing. Lives changed.
Mine was never the same.

My parents, who became rich, might say, it
was a good thing.

Thanks for sharing your story. But, just so you know, life was like that for a lot of people. I don't know how many times my aunt came to pick up my sister and I as we waited out side of the bar for our mother to finish doing her thing. Hope you are living your dreams and enjoying your life. :)

Sun 02/27/11 09:21 PM
Welcome :)
The forums are a great way to meet new people. :)
Share some stories, laughs and have a great time. :)
Enjoy

Sun 02/27/11 08:56 PM

Hmmm this is probably not for everyone, but I love stories of peoples lives and I have met so many peole here I would like to hear more..

What was your life like, and was there anything that changed it..

For Me.

I grew up in the Australin bush on 5000 acres away from everyone.

I was the first girl in our family for 3 generations to survive and was treated like a princess,tongue2 ( Yep i thought i was pretty special)

i spent half of my life in hospital the rest of the time i was sheltered away in the middle of knowhere by over protective parents grandparent and a million uncles and boy cousins.grumble ( yep i was a tom boy princess) I grew up with boys , motorbikes , guns and fun. We had pet kangaroos, lizards, sheep calves and anything else that we could find in the bush. We played with knives camped, and ran around learning to survive and have fun in the bush.

i didnt even know that there was a world out there that things went wrong, I cant even remember going to town to shop until i was a teenager.

hmm at 19 I married someone who ran off with someone else, by 22 i had 2 children and was divorced, by 23 i was married again to a control freak, who i happily followed around doing what I was told..

hmm finally left after having 6 children and worked for my parents and did what everyone wanted me to there.

now finally i joined mingle. That was definately life changing.

Within 3 days I had met anaconda,within 2 weeks I had decided to go to America, and in 5 weeks I had left.

Now for some reason this created havoc in my family, everyone seemed to think I was having a nervous breakdown as i had never wanted to travel, had planned not to find a man until my children had left home, and wouldnt even go shopping by myself.noway They decided it was best if i went as maybe i would get over my mental collapse but the morning my dad booked the tickets they booked my 19 year old to go with me .whoa
For some reason the thought of me travelling across the world to stay with a man i didnt know alone, seemed to bother them.

Hmmm at the time i didnt see this as a problem but now looking back on it,whoa it maybe was not something i would want my daughter to do.
Hmmm but i dont tend to see danger until it is in front of me, or has already gone by.

I guess that the fact that accidentssurprised seem to happen to me could be part of the reason, and maybe because i am really really shy and dont like being around strangers and seem to attract strange people that at times have followed me home shocked , or because i have absolutly no sense of direction and tend to even get lost in our shopping centre, or if i am driving home and am talking or daydreaming :angel: will forget where I am and have no idea how to get home as i have taken a wrong turn while I was talking so maybe that could have something to do with it. but i grew up with animals not humans that are soooo confusing and at times mean and hurtful, why do they bother .slaphead

(Thankfully i didnt realise how many people there would be in America before i left). If my tickets wherent paid for i would have turned around and ran home when I got to the sydney airport. You see our whole state is 2 !/2 times the size of Texas, and only has 200,000 people, its not crowded anywhere.

Honestly and then in LA there where millions and millions and millions of people, I think there where more people in that airport than our whole state.and we couldnt understand half the people as their accents where so heavy. we didnt even want to sticky beak around we just wanted out of there, Yuck it ws gross.

Then in Omaha I met my Prince Charming and now i am going to live Happily Ever After.

Well at least i will when he gets here.

Hmmm after reading this i may appear dumb, but in actual fact i have a very high IQ it just seems like the common sense things seem to slip by me at times. Hmmm same as left and right, that just never seems to stick in my brain and after going to America, I have no idea what side is what, as even the steering wheels which used to be my indicator of which side was right, now it became muddled as i cant remember if its left or right.what

Well i guess that is pretty much my entire life story, boring but hey , I am bored tonight and have nothing else to do..tongue2 tongue2

Thanks for sharing. I didn't find it boring at all. Sounds like you have had a very interesting life and I hope that it continues to be a great life for you and your children. :)