Sleepless_nights_78's photo
Wed 03/23/11 11:32 PM

Lots of tattoos. Had a few piercings over the years, but they are boring. :)

that's why I've been thinking of the implants

I have three stents, no kidding. They are a kind of implant, that are inserted into your cardiac arteries to prevent a heart attack, which is threatening people like me: Old obese smokers who have high blood pressure and diabetes.

For the record, I gave up smoking now ten years ago, but the stents remain. I think I will keep them.

If you are serious about what you wrote, congrats on the quitting smoking but what a price to pay

Wed 03/23/11 11:22 PM

If I find what I want - I might get a tat. Scarification (I had to look it up) sounds painful.

I have found some amazing scarification online. Some people add ink but I never did.
It all depends on how well the person can handle pain. I've talked with people who said that getting their tatoo was painful.

Wed 03/23/11 11:09 PM

to each their own... i personally do not date women with tats, i just find them repulsive. but that is just my opinion.

thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts.. :)

Wed 03/23/11 05:25 PM

Used to have a bullring through my left cheek...still got the dimple but gave it up when everyone and thier dog started with the nose/brow/lip/tongue piercings....

Now, piercings are so common, they ain't even punk. They are suburban. Soccer moms have them...sigh....Even those monster plugs are pretty common....

Tattoos are a bit more individualistic....Some are cool...some are just pathetic.

Ironically...for me to be punk and stand out where I live...I gotta wear dress shirts, ties, silk slacks and Hi tops to not be like everyone else...

That sounds so funny.. :)
I think I normally stand out in a crowd, but it's not done on purpose. I've never been into the lastest craze of what's out there. I always will love body art and fashion because there is always something new a different and it keeps changing. I like making my own clothing as much as I can because that way it's not mass produced. :)

Wed 03/23/11 03:45 PM
I have talked with so many people who have tatoos and a few regret getting them. It's a reminder of a spot in their life that they would sooner forget about. I got into scarification, over time, the scars become less visible and there is no ink involved. :) Thats the only reason I asked about it.

Wed 03/23/11 03:36 PM

I have a few tattoos, and I figure I will get more.

I had a tongue ring for a while when I lived in Germany but it got old fast so I let that grow shut...

are there any meanings behind the tatoos?
I just figure that if I ever get any, I want to do them myself. But I'm not overly artistic. :)

Wed 03/23/11 03:30 PM

I totally miss my tongue ring. It went across, not through it

sounds very interesting.

Wed 03/23/11 03:27 PM

Lots of tattoos. Had a few piercings over the years, but they are boring. :)

that's why I've been thinking of the implants

Wed 03/23/11 03:21 PM

Tattoo's? OMG if you have tattoo's you are going to hell for sure. Who in their right mind would have something permanently put on their body like that. BLASPHEMY!!!

laugh laugh laugh laugh

You are such a riot.. So how many do you have??

Wed 03/23/11 03:15 PM

I have a tattoo.
I shall get a full sleeve eventually.
and a tattoo on my ribs.
gauged ear lobes.
and I'm done.
I think.

I've talked with a few people who did that to their ear lobes.

Tue 03/22/11 11:35 PM
There are many different kinds of body modifications out there, from Tatoos to Scarification, from Peircings to Implants.
What is something that you might already have?
Or
Is there something that you are interested in getting done?

I always thought that I wanted a tatoo but now that I'm older, I'm not sure if it will ever happen. I was always more interested in scarification. Then I came accross the different types of implants and thought that might be something else to try. I've seen a few people that have had them done and I like the idea more then peircings.
What are some other thoughts on this topic?

Tue 03/22/11 05:34 PM

WOULD U DATE A MAN WITH BAD TEETH. IF ALL YOU HAD TO GO WAS A PIC AND YOU FOUND THEM ATTRACTIVE AND THEN FOUND OUT THEY HAD BAD TEETH?

If I was really that concerned then I'd get more info about the situation.
Like it has already been mentioned, there could be any number of reasons for the teeth to be the way that they are. That type of question is almost like asking about disabilities, when about 80% of the population might have one. Just my thoughts. :)

Tue 03/22/11 01:29 PM
On here, I'm more open, it's easier to write out thoughts and different points of view.
In person, I'm quieter and pay closer attention to the situation.
Once I get to know someone better, then I'm used to being told to be quiet.. lol

Tue 03/22/11 12:54 PM

I haven't been able to even think to start a relationship for 3 years, there's nothing wrong with me, but I've been just used and seen the side of other situations with relationships and just don't have trust in anybody so I don't try to connect with many. I'm not one of them that just looks for sex, I actually want to know the person I end up playing around with first a bit. Seems like years past everyone just wanted some pleasure, and when they didn't get in contact with me for a while they moved on. Even friendships at that matter anymore, there nobody to trust nobody that can't just listen or tell someone whats goin on or why they feel the way they do. Anyone have a problem like mine? Not to just discuss problems but just need some advice again I guess...

Well I'm going on two years and I know the feeling. Thanks to some great comments and advice from others on this site, it has all helped so much. There are a lot of great people on here. Friendships come in different ways and with how crazy life can get at time, it's nice to have others to turn to. I hope it gets better for you, you joined a great site. :)

Tue 03/22/11 11:55 AM

So, you just can't trust anyone? Friends? Family? No one? I find that hard to believe.

I have no family, and no friends in real life. Basically, everyone I THOUGHT was a friend abandoned me after the car accident in Feb. of 2009. That's when I learned everything I needed to know about trust.

I've NEVER left you as my friend man...:heart: nor would I.

Thanks, Terry! And I appreciate it!

The people who really ARE my friends are people from this site -- I suppose it's strange, but I've gotten more genuine friendship from this site than I've EVER had in real life -- and that's why I've been here so long....

Hey Lex, you can add me to your list of friends on here. I know how you feel. I've been there before and don't want to go back either. Take care, :)

Tue 03/22/11 12:00 AM

Can you really trust anybody?

Trust as in, you can count on them when you need them??
Or, as in when we share our thoughts and feelings, that person won't tell someone else??

Mon 03/21/11 11:55 PM

Can you really trust anybody?
YES,,,,but you WILL trust in many wrong ones first..drinker :wink:

that's called the learning process, isn't it?? Well anyways, I thought it was.. lol

Mon 03/21/11 11:46 PM
After a lot of thinking. Sorry about that, btw.. :) Age is still just a number. Age doesn't control feelings or emotions. Age doesn't make one wiser or more experienced with anything. Life does all of that for us as we all change with whatever we are going through in our life. It's difficult to understand a book unless we take the time to read it and comprehend it. Make whatever choice we want to make but try to not regret our own choices. :)

Mon 03/21/11 10:50 PM

i have experience .......don't make the same mistake twice ......

I like how you think. :)

Mon 03/21/11 10:36 PM

If you have to ask, it's probably best if you don't know. indifferent

Well I like different points of view. :)

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 14 15