up to get into the theatre.
They were all staring and laughing. I put
my head down and walked past them all.
When we got out near the car, my date, who
was nearly crying with mirth, showed me that
toilet paper was trailing out of my pants,
down my leg, onto the ground.
Classy.

Thanks for sharing. I got embarrassed when my daughter was about three and we were shopping at a local store and in the middle of all the people she asked "Mom, do you need any tampons?" Well of course everyone around us were laughing because they thought it sounded so cute.

Sleepless_nights_78's photo
Mon 03/28/11 11:08 AM
I'm not sure if this has been a topic yet. What's the most embarassing thing that has happened to you?
With me, I always say things without thinking before I talk. It's something that my family and friends has gotten used to but when it comes to meeting new people, it takes time for them to get used to me.
So what has happened with you that has been embarrassing?

Sun 03/27/11 04:11 PM

Something like a difference in food types is negligible, as long as she doesn't try to get me to eat broccoli or something.

If it's along those lines -- we like different TV shows, etc. -- it's just not all that important.

When it gets to differences in lifestyle or agenda, then it can become problematic. Hopefully, this would all be addressed before the relationship progressed to the point where it could ever even become an issue, but I have found that people tend to hide their real intentions if they feel they have an opportunity to change someone.

That, and some people just say what the other wants to hear, so that they can get with that person. They will hope for the best, even trick themselves into believing that the difference they gave in to won't become a problem. But it normally does.

Goof, that has been my (endlessly repeated) experience, for sure -- they tell me what I want to hear, I want to believe them, a relationship begins, and, three months down the road, the "Now-it's-time-to-change-him" agenda kicks in, and the relationship ends.

Frankly, it's made me a little cynical about women. In the same way that the sun is a little hot.

Lex, I know where you are coming from but guys are the same

Sun 03/27/11 03:18 PM
Thanks everyone for responding to my post. I've figured it out and things are going well. :)
Time to myself has been great and it's also great having people on here to chat with.

Sun 03/27/11 12:49 PM

love conquers alot, but i have found while opposites may attract, similarities endure. i know you spoke of 'differences', not opposites, but you do have to determine if you're settling. which is never a good thing. unless, like krupa said, the sex makes all things possible.

Well if love conquers alot, shouldn't it remain dispite differences and/or sex.

it can always remain, doesn't necessarily mean you can or will be together. in fact, if differences are too much for one, the other, or both, resentment will eventually trickle in, it is then you find yourself having to decide if you stay (unhealthy) or remove yourself (healthy), either way, love can remain. and on the sex thing, i was just joshin, or jonesin, either way, i would never stay just for that. i don't think. ha!

Well joking or not, that's the only reason why some do stay.

Sun 03/27/11 12:41 PM

As long as our differences do not conflict with my morals and values, it doesn't matter to me. I would take our differences as more of an adveture to try new things perhaps.

But, if a relationship doesn't work, I'm not going to try to force it to work.

sleepless...IMO you can have love, but it takes more than that to make a relationship work.

I still feel love for the ex hubby and entertained the idea of a second chance, but over communicating the last few months I have realized that he will never be what I need due to differences in morals/values. Also, the trust issues, but my point is if when working out differences you feel like you must compromise who you are, then it isn't worth it not matter how strong the love or how good the sex is!

I totally understand what you are saying. :)
I also know that it takes more then sex to make it work also. I would never think about going back for round 2 with my ex. Isolation is not my way of living. Hope you find the one you are looking for. :)

Sun 03/27/11 12:26 PM

Ok. So, you meet someone and you feel you like this person. Now, when you get to know them, you learn that you have several "differences". Things that you don't agree with, or food types you like, or anything. There are just many differences between the two of you. So, the question that I pose here is this. How many of these so called "differences" could you tolerate? Or how many would be too many for you to consider a relationship? Or do differences not mean a thing to you, as you feel that if you both like each other (or love one another) enough that you can manage them?

I ask this cause my friend and I were discussing this today. She tried to make a relationship work where there were many differences between her and him, but she felt she could manage them. He did too. It didn't work. So, what say you Mingle2 members?

Differences are great to have in any relationships or friendships for
that matter. I have found that there are 2 topics that I don't discuss 1. Politics 2. Religion. Everyone believes in what they do and so do I for that matter. Most differences can be worked through by
simple understanding. I have got great imput from the members on this site and it's the differences that keep me coming back. If two people want a relationship to work then it takes both of them to do it, sometimes it just doesn't work even if the sex is amazing. Just my thoughts :)

Sun 03/27/11 12:04 PM

love conquers alot, but i have found while opposites may attract, similarities endure. i know you spoke of 'differences', not opposites, but you do have to determine if you're settling. which is never a good thing. unless, like krupa said, the sex makes all things possible.

Well if love conquers alot, shouldn't it remain dispite differences and/or sex.

Sun 03/27/11 11:58 AM

You can put up with an awful lot of s*** if the sex is good enough.

So are you saying that you base the relationship on sex or that you are willing to put up with alot as long as the sex is great?

Sun 03/27/11 11:23 AM

If a girl ever gives me a no reply, it just tells me that she's immature and still has some growing up to do. It's just inconsiderate to ignore someone and just hope that they'll disappear.

I donno bro.....

Sometimes looking through people and ignoring them IS a legitimate and effective tactic.

It is simply a tool in the tool box.

It's way easier to just handle the situation like a man. When some people get ignored it just makes matters worse. Be straightforward and leave it like that. That's why it's easier to keep conversations short and sweet.

Sat 03/26/11 12:59 PM
Another one of my favorites

I would sooner be hated for who I am,
Then loved for who I am not

Sat 03/26/11 11:11 AM
Changing the mail setting might help with unwanted mail. That's another reason I don't have a pic on here, if the person really wants to meet then great, we can meet.

Sat 03/26/11 11:06 AM

do you mean member here whose account is deactivated some are already banned? or they just simply quit.

could be either one. some people deactivate, and later on come back

I deactivated for about 3 months, had things to take care of.. Then I came back on, I missed the people on here :)

Sat 03/26/11 10:56 AM
Here's the best one that I have come accross in a long time

Like me for my mind, Not my body
Play with my body, Not my mind

Sat 03/26/11 10:41 AM

Before marriage, a girl has to make love to a man to hold him. After marriage, she has to hold him to make love to him

I've never dropped anyone I believed in.

A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night.

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

I am invariably late for appointments - sometimes as much as two hours. I've tried to change my ways but the things that make me late are too strong, and too pleasing.

There was my name up in lights. I said, 'God, somebody's made a mistake.' But there it was, in lights. And I sat there and said, 'Remember, you're not a star.' Yet there it was up in lights.

Fame will go by and, so long, I've had you, fame. If it goes by, I've always known it was fickle. So at least it's something I experience, but that's not where I live.

Marilyn Monroe

Jesus forrowing Christ. This sent shivers down my spine.

She's even more of a giant of a human than I previously believed.

I used to think this was bs:
"I think she is larger than any men that screwed her, she is larger than than any men in the history of the United
States, she's even larger than life. Hell yeah, larger than life." -- Dylan Thomas.

But that was before I knew of her mind.

I have read her life story so many times. And we have the same birth date. Love her or hate her but she is amazing.
btw.. A blanket might help with the shivers and maybe a coffee. :) <---

I think what I need is more like some KY jelly and a good picture book.

Too Much Information.. lol

Sat 03/26/11 10:32 AM
Good luck with your situation. :)

Fri 03/25/11 11:07 PM

Before marriage, a girl has to make love to a man to hold him. After marriage, she has to hold him to make love to him

I am invariably late for appointments - sometimes as much as two hours. I've tried to change my ways but the things that make me late are too strong, and too pleasing.

There was my name up in lights. I said, 'God, somebody's made a mistake.' But there it was, in lights. And I sat there and said, 'Remember, you're not a star.' Yet there it was up in lights.

Fame will go by and, so long, I've had you, fame. If it goes by, I've always known it was fickle. So at least it's something I experience, but that's not where I live.

Marilyn Monroe

Jesus forrowing Christ. This sent shivers down my spine.

She's even more of a giant of a human than I previously believed.

I used to think this was bs:
"I think she is larger than any men that screwed her, she is larger than than any men in the history of the United
States, she's even larger than life. Hell yeah, larger than life." -- Dylan Thomas.

But that was before I knew of her mind.

I have read her life story so many times. And we have the same birth date. Love her or hate her but she is amazing.
btw.. A blanket might help with the shivers and maybe a coffee. :)

Fri 03/25/11 10:45 PM
The Okanagan is amazing!!! Now that I'm here, nothing compares to the beauty. :)

Fri 03/25/11 06:18 PM

Marilyn Monroe

Fri 03/25/11 05:49 PM

When life hands you lemons MAKE.....
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
v

A FRIGGIN FUSS AND DEMAND SOMETHING BETTER...

LEMONS+VODKA=>>>>>>>
well it used to do the trick before

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 14 15