Sleepless_nights_78's photo
Fri 03/18/11 02:30 PM
The only thing I would of done differently would of been getting the education that I'm now getting. :) But it's never to late to shoot for dreams. Anything else that has happened can't be changed so I'm not going to think about it. Even though from time to time it gets the best of me but that's like other people that I know too. :)

Thu 03/17/11 11:07 PM

Never understood it. Then they all come complain to me about it!!

Don't know, it's never happened to me before. I did find someone years ago who could not trust me because of what an ex did to him before we met. After so many years later, I had to give up on the relationship. I have had a few friends that tried to be ***holes but I still don't know why the nice guys choose that root and I probably will never know because I just can't be bothered by it. It's been kinda funny though because my guy friends were the ones complaining about the females that they found and all I could say was "it's your choice" most of my female friends seemed happy to be with ***holes and I still don't understand why but once again it's their choice and not mine. :)

Thu 03/17/11 10:53 PM

We all are unique and have our own view of life.
What's your idea of an ideal person?smokin

Someone who can love and be loved in return :)
Someone who can laugh at life's little mistakes :)
Someone who can trust, even though trust may have been broken by someone else :)
Someone who can find the inner beauty that's not just skin deep :)
Someone who can help another, without any hidden agenda :)
Someone who can enjoy silence even though others may be around :)
Someone who can look at the stars at night and still wonder what more is really out there :)
Someone who can .......
Just a few things about an ideal person :)

Sun 03/13/11 08:23 PM
Would only change a few things. Would of got more education and spent more time traveling, but it's never to late to gain more knowledge and still have the chance to travel.

Sun 03/13/11 08:07 PM
I wouldn't worry about it to much. When I was going through a rough patch, I deactived for a few months. Then I reactivated just to find out that some of the people I was communicating with were now deactivated. Maybe one day they may come back too.

Sat 03/12/11 07:02 PM
That doesn't sound harsh at all. It's not easy to be understanding in that kind of situation. If he wants to be apart if his daughters life, then he's the one that needs to put out the effort how he's able to. I've asked myself the same question a few times to and came to the conclusion that even though I know it's tough on my daughter to not have her father around, he hasn't made too much effort with phone calls either. I just need to provide as much stability for my daughter that I'm able to and with each day that passes, it does get a little easier for the both of us.

Fri 03/11/11 11:46 PM

I always say that...but I am 5' 1" and have a size 9 foot....people usually don't believe me when they hear me say what size shoe I wear.flowerforyou

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I'm 5.2' and my shoe size is 11W...

Love the toe socks. :)

Thu 03/10/11 11:28 PM

rofl:banana: laugh biggrin :thumbsup:

Yep, yep.. They leave big tracks... lol
I would of thought they were mine but I don't walk bare foot in the snow, anymore.. Ha ha.. Learned that lesson the hard way in my younger days.
But in a ladies size, I'm a 10 but lucky for me, I can get away with size 8 in guys shoes. They always seem to be more comfy. :)

Thu 03/10/11 11:19 PM

Here is a interesting site >http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/2011/< all welcome to have a look at some of the records cheers :banana: waving :thumbsup:

My daughter and I love those books. Another set that's interesting is Ripleys Believe It Or Not. I found a lot of information that I enjoyed learning.

Thu 03/10/11 10:48 PM
Hi John, welcome to Mingle. :)
I don't think there is such a thing as being picky, as individuals we all have our own likes and dislikes. When we find what we like, usually we want to find out more about that person , even what we may see as a fault, at first, usually turns into a unique quality that the person has. Good luck with your search, hope you find who you are looking for.

Thu 03/10/11 10:26 PM
I don't know, I think it's 50/50 and it's not so much to do with an ego but in the confidence that someone has in themselves and what they have achieved in their own life. In a lot of cases, females have to do extra to prove themselves. Just my thoughts.

Tue 03/08/11 09:30 PM
Wow, Cheers.. Those were some very interesting websites.. Thanks for more info. on a few different topics. Hope lifes treating you good. Take care.. :)

Mon 03/07/11 07:31 PM

Yes absolutely, I believe that there is always a room for new learning. There is just a lot of things in this world that I need to learn.

And what do you think you need to learn? I know for myself, what I still want to learn. :)

Sun 03/06/11 11:23 PM
The learning process never stops, with the changing world around us. I set new challenges for myself everyday. If they work out or don't work out to well, I still have learned something new in the process. Sometimes to much is based on what we see or what we hear but without learning more about it, we may be missing out on something that could prove to be valuble to us. One can never learn to much. :)

Sat 03/05/11 11:01 PM

I remember some things that Dr Barbara De Angelis used to say in her book on relationships;

1. Don't come in her life to solve her problems. She may be just tring to vent and just wants you to listen.

2. Don't be boring. That is the biggest poison pill men have.

3. Respect her as much as you would want her to respect you.

4. Clean up after yourself. My mother used to always say she hated a lazy man.

5. Don't take a woman on a date if you have no money. Ugh!!!

6. Reassure her that everything is going to be fine when she is going through rough spots. She will thank you for it.

7.Biggest and most important thing: Let her have some freedom and don't control her. She will start to dislike you, which will turn into hate.

JMO of course.

1. Is very true. I lost some friendships because of that
2. No comment, I've never come accross a boring guy yet
3. This goes a very long way
4. Also important
5. Ummmm, it's been awhile. What's a date? Ohh yeah, I think I kinda remember now, but this day and age.. The guy doesn't always need to pay, us females can too, sometime. :)
6. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. Just my thought.
7. #1 reason why some relationships fail, other is communication.. Just say what you mean and this goes both ways. :)

Sat 03/05/11 10:46 PM

I think for men and women, it should be based on needs.

There are a lot of things I wanted and I got, but I found what I needed is more important. Like Insurance, medical and dental. A job. and a place to lay my head.

sounds like common sense.. :)

Sat 03/05/11 10:14 PM

What makes ME miss someone,,,,THAT touch,,YOU CAN'T HAVE ALONE.
That soft kiss of another's lips,,to yours,,(THE MIRROR JUST GETS FOGGED,ALONE DOING THAT)
Laying in bed,,naked,,,and NEVER FEELING REAL SKIN,,against YOURS,,LIKE NO BLANKY,,can imitate,,,WELLblushingLEFT LEG,,against the RIGHT one is close,,,BUT NOT THE SAME,,,,lol
Watching a Movie and STANDING SAYING,,,OH WATE-A-MINUTE,,,I have to go pee,,,grumble And NO-ONE SAYS ""WHAT""",,NO-WAY,,,,lol
You just pause it and go,,,:cry:
Hungry and wanting to go out to eat,,,and ASK YOURSELF,,
"WHAT ARE YOU IN THE MOOD FOR"?,,then,,realizing YOU JUST DONE THAT,
noway You just go,,to the first fast food take out and be done....
You go Pee and put the lid down,,,then half-way back to your seat....you run back and lift it thinking,,,,,dahhhh:angry:
You can't GIVE HUGS OVER THE PHONE!!!sad

WE MISS,,,,,,,ONLY BECAUSE,,WE DON'T HAVE!!!!PRESENTS WITH ONE!

:wink: Thats the meaning of missing,,,,WE DON'T HAVE THEM TO FEEL
US BACK,,,in touch or in eye view,,,,,SO,,,THAT WE MISS!!!!drinker

Now only if other guys would express themselves so freely as you just did. I know of a few that I'm missing but only in the sense of communication wise. To ask how they are and see what's new in their life. As far as what you wrote, it's been a long time since I was that close to someone and I'm just not sure if I could allow myself to get that close again. Take care my friend, you'll find that again someday. I'm sure. :smile:

Sat 03/05/11 10:00 PM
I had a friend that was 10 years younger then me. We could talk for hours about anything but when it came to life experiences and future life goals, a friendship is all we could have. My responsibilities are way different then his are and he's building the career that he wants for himself, so I wouldn't of even considered dating him because of those facts. When I was 23, I just became a mother and I was in a relationship for 5 years at that point and her father was 12 years older then I was. We had a lot in common but as the years passed so did the distance between us. Friendships are always great to have. I hope things work out for you with whatever decition you decide to make. :)

Sat 03/05/11 09:29 PM

Allow Your Own Inner Light to Guide You
There comes a time when you must stand alone.

You must feel confident enough within yourself to follow your own dreams.

You must be willing to make sacrifices.

You must be capable of changing and rearranging your priorities so that your final goal can be achieved.

Sometimes, familiarity and comfort need to be challenged.

There are times when you must take a few extra chances and create your own realities.

Be strong enough to at least try to make your life better.

Be confident enough that you won't settle for a compromise just to get by.

Appreciate yourself by allowing yourself the opportunities to grow, develop, and find your true sense of purpose in this life.

Don't stand in someone else's shadow when it's your sunlight that should lead the way.

Very well put.

Sat 03/05/11 09:14 PM

They paved paradise
and put up a parking lot

You go Counting Crows :thumbsup:

what , where the heck did that come fromwhat

It's a good song. :smile: