Sleepless_nights_78's photo
Tue 10/08/13 11:25 PM
Edited by Sleepless_nights_78 on Tue 10/08/13 11:44 PM
I think there might be a few more reasons then a 3 day rule. Life does get busy but if someone wants to stay in touch with someone else then they will. I think that some might not be sure of what they are looking for and others just act before thinking. Been there to many times before but I still can't see myself following a silly 3 day rule.

Tue 10/08/13 11:04 PM
A three day rule?? I don't think there is anything deprate about responding when the person feels it's right to do so. If I'm interested in someone, I want to get to know them. I respond to messages when i notice I get them, it's the same thing with someones number.

Mon 10/07/13 11:13 PM
Yes, I take the time to read whatever someone else writes. I'm amazed by how many ask for a pic through email when 1 is posted on a profile. Hope you find everything you are looking for. :-)

Wed 07/31/13 01:58 AM
Almost sounds like it's a problem to be single. I'm single and loving it. Yeah, I would like to meet the right guy and see where things might go. I just kept on finding to much baggage that i don't want. Maybe once I can understand how a past relationship effects a current interest then i won't be single anymore. I know that I don't want to be mislead or reminded about a previous relationship that didn't work out for whatever the reason is. Maybe one day I'll find the one that I'm looking for but the most important thing is simple happiness in life.

Sat 05/04/13 03:23 PM
I just don't get it.. then again I never did.. what's the big deal about age differences between 2 people.. I say, if they are happy, then so be it..
Welcome to Mingle2 .. :-) :-)

Thu 02/07/13 11:16 PM

what women expect from men ? answer will be appreciatedsmooched

I think if you go in with expectations then you'll be disappointed. Whatever happened to just treating someone else the way you want them to treat you. Leaving baggage from the past in the past always helps and not trying to be anyone but yourself might help to. We all have our own personalities and qualities. If 2 people click, then they click and if not, then not.

Great Saying.. just treating someone else the way you want them to treat you.

Thanks. :-) I think it's the simplest way to keep things. :-)

Thu 02/07/13 01:25 AM

You meet someone who you really connect with intellectually, emotionally, and socially. You have so much in common it’s as if you’ve known each other for years, and can practically read each others minds. However, there are major points where you don’t agree, and as friends, you choose to overlook these differences, while keeping your distance physically.

As time goes by your friendship evolves, and your feelings do too. Before you realize it you become enamored with each other, something starts nagging at you both, and you want to get even closer, but still in the back of your mind, you know how different from each other that you really are.

Do you risk the connection you already have by taking things to the next level, be it deeper communication, via emails, texts, phone calls, eventually a face to face? Or do you listen to your subconscious that keeps warning you this might end badly, and steady the course you’re already on?

Keeping in mind that the chemistry now between you is gaining the upper hand, so if you decide not to take things further, do you think you’ll be able to handle the unchecked intensity, or would it be wiser to break off the relationship at this point, and chalk it up to two ships passing in the night?

I've known of this situation to happen. For me it was 2 people who were both looking for a friendship that went to the next level. Both enjoying the time spent together and apart. Both were looking for the same thing and found it together and it lasted for months. Then, one day, something just clicked and they went their separate ways. There was no hurt feelings, no regrets. Just 2 people who found each other when they needed to at that time and they both learned more about themselves in the process. They both went their separate ways but still have not lost the connection that they worked on together. That's what makes their friendship what it is. Knowing how alike they are and knowing at the same time about how different they are. Neither one tried to change the other but look out for each other and they both know that as time will pass that the connection they started with will remain the same. The memories they shared were still the kind that keeps the friendship strong even though the relationship part ended.

Thu 02/07/13 01:01 AM

OK, you met someone online. They seem nice on the phone and in email.
You decide to meet for lunch. How do you bring up who is going to pay
or if you are going to go dutch. What do you think?

I don't see a problem with each person paying for their own.

Thu 02/07/13 12:54 AM

Is this post really happening?

Of course there are going to be responses for that type of question.

Thu 02/07/13 12:47 AM

what women expect from men ? answer will be appreciatedsmooched

I think if you go in with expectations then you'll be disappointed. Whatever happened to just treating someone else the way you want them to treat you. Leaving baggage from the past in the past always helps and not trying to be anyone but yourself might help to. We all have our own personalities and qualities. If 2 people click, then they click and if not, then not.

Sun 02/03/13 12:27 AM
Only a single parent can understand what other single parents really go through in a day.. it's great to see that some fathers don't run from the responsibility.. :-) I never thought my life would turn out to be this way but I wouldn't change a thing and I'm sure that single fathers feel the same way.. :-)

Sun 02/03/13 12:11 AM
The days sure do feel longer then they actually are sometimes..

Sat 02/02/13 11:58 PM
There are many different reasons and it still comes down to what a person wants to believe. When it's something that it really important then i like to have the facts that can prove it or I just don't believe it. I'm baseing my comment on a really important situation that was life changing for myself. I was told one thing and was given wrong information, whether it was a lie or just what the person believed the fact remains that I based my reaction on what I was told and nothing else.

Sat 02/02/13 09:17 PM
Thanks for all of the responses.. from what I have read so far.. it doesn't sound like it would be that great of an idea to get involved with someone.. I know there are the what ifs but in the long run of things it doesn't sound like it will be worth it.. :-)

Mon 01/28/13 11:17 PM

It's really hard to tell when someone is actually over their last relationship though. If she slags her ex off to you then you think, "Okay, she doesn't love him and she doesn't want him". This has happened to me more than once when I met women through dating services. They tell you that they are having arguments with their ex and alarm bells ring. This person isn't just on the rebound. They are still involved with somebody.

Even when the ex is out of the picture someone might not have got over their last relationship. I had finished with somebody three years ago but I didn't date or meet anyone else until recently. When I did meet someone I kept comparing her to my ex. Even if you are slagging off your ex to someone new that you have met it is like you are saying, "My ex did these things to me and I don't want you to do the same. She was like that and I don't want you to be like that with me". You may be trying to avoid the same problems that you had in a previous relationship but the whole talking about your ex thing is a minefield. Going on about what women have done to you tells them that you don't really trust women. If there isn't trust in a relationship it won't work. You may be able to build that trust when you meet someone and get to know them or you may not. That takes communication and honesty. The problem is that we are not always even honest with ourselves.

Wow.. I thought it was natural for people to talk about their ex.. I try my hardest to not bring it up but we still have to communicate with each other because we have a child together.. I do understand what you are say though..

Sun 01/27/13 11:12 PM
Love is accepting a person for who they are and in return being accepted for who you are.. being honest about thoughts and feelings and being able to understand where the other persons point of view is coming from.. it doesn't mean to isolate someone from others or being jealous about who they talk with..

Sun 01/27/13 11:01 PM
I think a lot of people go through a rebound after a relationship has ended.. if that's what the person is going through, then it's nice to at least worn the other person that's involved.. rebounds don't usually last that long or turn into anything long term, from what I've noticed.. they usually end before there is an emotionally attachment between the two..

Sun 01/27/13 10:43 PM

It's situational. To date (22+ years in the Corps) I have seen six (6) workplace romances turn into lifelong partnerships. Only two couples out of the six are divorced, but that is because of:

Divorced Couple #1: We were in N.C., He had another wife in GA.
Divorced Couple #2: They fought before, during, and after the marriage - we knew it wouldn't live to the 5-year mark.

Looking at those statistics, and keeping in mind that the military mind is, well, different, you stand a good chance - GO FOR IT.

Again, it's situational. What is your workplace's official AND unofficial policy?

At the end of the day, if you and him are the sparkle in each others' eyes, d@mn every thing & body else!

Its not that easy in the military; especially on ship. You are in close quarters all the time with people and we put our lives in their hands. Of course we have a "no fraternizing" policy between enlisted, senior NCOs, and officers. Its put there for a reason as we have to keep order. Fact is when you enter into a relationship; there is about a 50 percent chance it will fail and then it makes it too difficult to work with that person. Then one of you feels obligated to quit; so really the best thing is just not get involved no matter how much sparkle there is. Its just not a logical thing to do and sometimes your common sense has to overcome your emotions.

That's what I have been feeling.. there is a trust factor when people work so close together but there is also a line that shouldn't be crossed.. it's one thing to try to be supportive when you hear of different hearships people are going through and to let emotions get in the way of a work environment..

Sun 01/27/13 10:34 PM

Been there, done that....don't recommend it.... co-workers are always in your business looking for gossip. It makes it very hard for the relationship to go forward.

I have already found there to be drama that was not needed..

Sun 01/27/13 10:33 PM
See that's the thing that i was thinking about.. I try to keep my personal life away from work but on some of the tough days, I just found myself venting and now I wonder about how much was passed onto others without the full story.. my co workers have had some good advice but I'm thinking that one has devoloped a little crush and that's not what I'm looking for.. I know he's been unhappy with his relationship ever since i started but I think it's even more unhealthy to try to jump from one to another.. besides the fact that he's not my type in a way that I can't agree with some of his actions or thoughts..

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15