Sleepless_nights_78's photo
Wed 04/13/11 12:35 PM

How would you feel if your daddy says he is disowning your elder brother or sister?

I would hope that they could work out their differences

Tue 04/12/11 10:24 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. But from a guys perspective, I could see where the problem might be. When I'm in a relationship, he can talk with and hang out with who ever he wants and the same goes with me. I don't think it's fare for anyone to give up friends because they are in a relationship.

Mon 04/11/11 03:58 PM

Check this one out! laugh
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
New website lets users bid dollars for dates

A man tired of not hearing back from good-looking girls on dating sites decided it was time for a service where you could use money to grease the wheels a bit.

"We did market research by getting a group of girls in a room. We showed them a picture of guy and said, 'Would you spend an hour going to Starbucks with this guy to get to know him?' Everyone said, 'No.' So then we said, 'What about for $10?' One girl suddenly said, 'Yes.' Eventually at some price every one of those girls said, 'Yeah I will invest one hour to get to know him.' So everyone has a price," says Whatsyourprice.com creator Brandon Wade.

Wade says his site operates similar to an auction.

"It's not too different than going to a charity event and bidding on that first date - You have the fireman up there, or the prom queen up there, and you're bidding to go out on a first date with him or her. We basically took that concept and turned that into mainstream dating."

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=460232

Now, who's gonna despute my gold-digger theories I posted a while ago? :tongue:

That's just a little to much, but I guess that some people would do anything to have coffee with someone. Besides, how well can someone know someone else in an hour. Is amazing how dating has changed so much and what some are willing to do just to get one. :)

Mon 04/11/11 03:37 PM

Am I the only one who doesn´t have a single match...? I´m starting to feel a bit depressed. Must be something wrong with the system!

oops

I wouldn't worry about it too much. :)

Mon 04/11/11 02:07 PM

online dating wether for actual relationships or just "hooking up" are you more cautious or more bold in your pursuits online?

if bolder
can you follow through with bold assertions in real life?

Wether it's online or in real life. Meeting and getting to know someone takes time. I think I'm over cautious all of the time but if someone wants to meet for a coffee or have dinner sometimes, I don't have a problem with that after I've chatted with them a few times.

Fri 04/08/11 08:35 PM

I didn't have someone to turn to when I was growing up so I encourage my daughter to ask me whatever she wants to ask and I do my best to answer her questions. I know that sex is all around us and I don't need to expose my child to something that she isn't old enough to understand but I try to explain it in a way that she can understand. I was surprized the other day when she brought home a letter from school about Life Changes(she's only in grade 4) and I felt like wow. On the one hand, I've already had a few conversations with her and I'm kinda interested in what they will cover in class.

interesting,, what life changes does a fourth grader have,,? keep me posted,,lol

it's to discuss the changes that are going to happen but I was surprized to get it when she is in grade 4. I didn't cover that until I was in grade 6 & 7. So yeah, everything is being discussed at earlier ages then before.

Fri 04/08/11 11:17 AM
I didn't have someone to turn to when I was growing up so I encourage my daughter to ask me whatever she wants to ask and I do my best to answer her questions. I know that sex is all around us and I don't need to expose my child to something that she isn't old enough to understand but I try to explain it in a way that she can understand. I was surprized the other day when she brought home a letter from school about Life Changes(she's only in grade 4) and I felt like wow. On the one hand, I've already had a few conversations with her and I'm kinda interested in what they will cover in class.

Thu 04/07/11 10:49 PM
The best solution is simple education for our children so they are able to make choices for themselves. Children are being exposed to many things at an earlier age then before. I think it's up to parents to be open and honest with their children so that "if" any situation does come up then the child feels ok with discussing it with the parent.
I know that this is off topic a little but when it comes to how the government does things, there is a lot of grey area to cover.
Having a child takes responsibility that most don't realize and it's a shock to most when they have a child to now think of, take care of and raise to the best of their ability. Having an aborition also carries risk factors that most don't realize unless they have been in that situation themselves.
How many people do you know of who have actually planned to have a child?
When it comes to the age of consent in Canada, I know I was shocked. It's not fare that parents need to consent to some things and not others but that's how things are done whether we argree with it or not.

Tue 04/05/11 11:43 AM

I once had a man say to me 'hey, cool hair. Does the carpet match the drapes? ...can I find out?'
The first time it happened I was taken aback and kind of just scurried off with my friend (her response being 'at least he thought you were attractive')
The next time it happened I was a little more prepared and replied with "does that line actually work? or is is just a way of you trying to retain whatever dignity you might have had left after your boyfriend dumped you? Because in that case I think you need a stronger approach."
Looking back, if the guy had been able to stand his ground rather than retreat with his tail between his legs I probably would've ****ed him on the spot.

Happened to me once before to, but my response was "Well, it's not like I'll ever be drunk enough for you to find out." At least it made his friends chuckle a lot. Kinda made my night too. :)

Mon 04/04/11 08:36 AM

would you date someone that was your friend first? and how would you tell them when you dont know if they like you back???

It's easy, start by asking them out and see what response you get. But, when working with this person, might make things strange.

Sat 04/02/11 10:44 AM
I check out profiles from time to time, when I find something that they wrote in forums interesting.

Thu 03/31/11 01:46 PM
To me happiness is enjoying what's around oneself. Even if it means to be alone sometimes, it's amazing what a person can notice when the time is taken. Life has ups and downs, it all depends on how long people want to take to focus on the downs.

Wed 03/30/11 10:43 AM

I have stopped seeing a few women because, it looks like the women have to get the kid's permission before they can pick him as a potential partner.

These weren't young kids either. They were in their late teens and early 20's. Kids, I thought should be out on their own.

One gal, I had been to the house, dinner and all. She lived about 20 miles away. One day, on business, I was in the area and stopped to ask if she'd like to go get some lunch.

She told me, I couldn't be there cuz her kids would get pissed and give her a hard time.

I never called her back.

Have any ya'll had similar experiences?

I can't say that it's ever happened to me, I can get along with kids of all ages.
It sounds like the female was just making an excuse. So many use their kids to make up quick excuses. Sorry that you went through that.

Tue 03/29/11 02:27 PM

I KNOW I'm loved as I love them back,,my family,,kids grand kids,mom,,,,but you asked do I feel loved,,,,Family is a always constant never turned away reality of being human and a father.

Feeling love,,as in someone really loving me for who I am who is NOT part of my family,,,no,,,as THAT,,shall be my forever void to not feel inside...BUT,,that is life and how that cookie rolls,,,,,
so I am glad you asked me,,,because I was just starting to forget that miss:angry: grumble ,,,,,,,,just kidding,,
This is a nice post man...drinker :heart:

You know that we all love you just the way you are. :)

Mon 03/28/11 09:52 PM
Yes, I do.. From my daughter, my family and my friends.. And the new ones that I'm making along the way.

Mon 03/28/11 09:43 PM

The fire alarm was pulled and we were evacuating the building.

We had to go down two flights of stairs.

I tripped. In front of a lot of people. And jumped up like nothing happened. sick

slaphead

rofl

I've had many embarrassing moments, but I know how to laugh at myself.

Yeah, it makes them easier to deal with that way. :)

Mon 03/28/11 09:33 PM

Came home from work (out of town) found my baby's mama and my daughters wrestling coach sleeping in my bed..i moved out the very next day

That sounds more like a welcome home surprise. And not in a good way. Sorry to here about that.

Mon 03/28/11 09:29 PM

I used to do a daily live radio program where I would discuss local events. I would phone it in. I realized when we went to commercial I had read the activities from the week before. Felt stupid to tell them that everything I had read was already over.

Kind of a little ooppss.

Mon 03/28/11 09:23 PM

i left my car
parked
keys in the ignition
and running
while i went to concert
with friends
all of whom managed to
park
lock and
turn off their cars.

you would think after 2 hours
it would have run out of gas.

a blonde moment
so many years ago
that i have yet to
live down.

I did that once, but not for two hours.

Mon 03/28/11 09:17 PM

One time while at dinner, Shiki had to make number two, so he left the girl to go to the bathroom. Well, Shiki was tired, so he fell asleep on the toilet. He slept soundly until someone banged on the stall a few hours later. However, Shiki's legs were numb, and it took him some time to get circulation back into them.

She never wanted to hear from Shiki again.

that same kinda thing happened with a friend of mine, only difference was that he passed out. lol

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 14 15