Community > Posts By > keywhee

keywhee's photo
Sun 01/13/08 11:39 AM

Nah. I'll start with you.
You will be shot in the chest after you've had a fight with your ex girlfriends boyfriend. As you are shot, you will fall into oncoming traffic. And the kicker is, the traffic doesn't stop.

Hahaha.

Ugh, how Naked Gun and disappointing. Try again with something more interesting like involving small furry woodland creatures or maybe an inflatable phallic looking balloon.

keywhee's photo
Sun 01/13/08 11:21 AM
How about if we decide how others will die? Too dark?

keywhee's photo
Sun 01/13/08 11:15 AM
Well, I came into the world bloody, naked, and screaming. Seems like it would be a fitting end...if I'm living right. :wink:

keywhee's photo
Sun 01/13/08 11:13 AM
"Hopless romance"? I'm not down with that. Every romance should have some hop to it.

:tongue:

keywhee's photo
Fri 01/11/08 07:42 PM
lol

Yeah, it was confusing at first. But even when your search radius is set low, I still get people from California and all over showing up. It's good to be appealing on a national level.

Actually, I've chatted with someone from Jamaica. I guess it's good to be internationally appealing. :tongue:

keywhee's photo
Fri 01/11/08 07:38 PM
Edited by keywhee on Fri 01/11/08 07:39 PM
Favorite non-domestic?

Mine would be either Fullers ESB or Newcastle

keywhee's photo
Fri 01/11/08 07:31 PM
I want affirmation too!! Rate me! Rate me!

:wink:

keywhee's photo
Fri 01/11/08 07:29 PM
I understand why mutual match is the way it is. You don't know who wants to meet you and unless you find a liking for that person and check yes or maybe, you won't have the "match". I get the reasoning. And even then, doesn't mean you want to really talk to them. But whatever, I digress...

What I do find absolutely hilarious though is when you get a "someone wants to meet you" email and you go through the mutual matches which is whittled down to your search preferences. Let's say my search preferences are for Dallas females between 27-34. Well, all the mystery disappears when a 52 year old woman from Saskatchewan pops up. laugh

At least you know... happy

keywhee's photo
Fri 01/11/08 05:05 AM
Well done. I like it. happy

keywhee's photo
Sat 01/05/08 09:46 PM
I would wait until that point where you know you will still be actual friends even if it doesn't work out. It may be that you never introduce them.

keywhee's photo
Sat 01/05/08 09:44 PM
Well, there is a discount but she still probably won't go. There is serious money at this school. The example I was given is that 11th grade tuition costs more than freshman year at Texas Tech.

The student parking lot, which I've seen, looks like a hummer/lexus/bmw dealership.

Would really hate to expose my daughter to the social pressure of not coming from that kind of money, "Hey, we're going to our condo in Colorado for Christmas. Where are you going?"

keywhee's photo
Sat 01/05/08 09:33 PM
It is actually a job I will like and is a great stepping stone to where I want to go. Basically, I've been working about 50-56 hours a week, half of that time outside.

So, basically, for a private school, I will be doing tech support and taking care of other technology related issues for faculty and staff. One of the major perks is that I've cut about 12-14 hours off of my work week.

But THE perk of perks is that I'm on faculty scheduling which means: 8 weeks off during the summer, 2 weeks at Christmas, 1 week spring break, 1 week fall break.

Unbelievable.

keywhee's photo
Sat 01/05/08 09:20 PM
For those of my friends who have been following my quest for different employment, I found the career change for which I was looking and start on Monday. Really excited about it as is the 7 year old. It translates to her as more time with dad. We're both excited about that.

happy

keywhee's photo
Sat 01/05/08 09:05 PM
Any of the Pirate movies....so far... happy

keywhee's photo
Fri 01/04/08 05:11 AM
I wouldn't date Maudred because I'm out of my own league....hmm, that's odd and confusing....happy

keywhee's photo
Sat 12/29/07 07:11 PM
"1984"....not just a story...maybe a glimpse at the future...

keywhee's photo
Fri 12/28/07 06:05 PM
Let's see...where did I leave my Rosetta Stone software?

funny post...laugh

keywhee's photo
Thu 12/27/07 05:57 PM
What is forgiveness? My first thoughts were that forgiveness could simply be a purely selfish act. But then as I thought about how it seems to work in common scenarios, it morphed from selfishness to necessity. Mahatma Gandhi said, "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." For the majority of its usefulness, I think forgiveness is a necessary act of self preservation. It takes strength to engage in acts of self preservation since it seems really easy for us to be so self destructive. The rest of the story with forgiveness is that it is a teaching tool for ourselves that most people forget to use.

I've thought about the more common times where forgiveness is used. So who do we forgive? First, we forgive our enemies or people who have wronged us. To me, these are the same. Their acts have physically, mentally, and/or emotionally hurt us. One of two things takes place. One, the offender asks for forgiveness. Basically, I think that what is actually taking place is the offender is giving you a shot at having power over them since they had power over you when they hurt you. We as humans innately love power over others. So we trade that moment of power over that person with letting the offense no longer be held against them.

Two, if the offender does not ask for forgiveness, then you need to offer that regardless for your own sanity and well being. You may not have to offer it to them verbally but within yourself, I really believe that you can't sit on the **** that happens to you. Moving on isn't just about forgiving and letting it go, it's about moving the offense over to the category of "lesson learned" where it's a lot less annoying.

This brings me to a rabbit trail. "Forgive and forget" is just a really bad idea. "Forgive and learn" is much better. I may no longer hold an offender responsible for an act for which I've forgiven them, but to just blindly assume that everything is as it once was seems foolish. It seems better to say that yes, I will no longer be hurt by your act BUT that goes on your permanent record. I agree not to throw it up in your face BUT I will not let this happen again because you've taught me something about myself.

Second, forgiving a loved one. Similar to that of the first point, forgive and learn, not forget. Forgiveness in this situation though is an opportunity to really prove you've opened your heart to someone, or that you should keep it closed. You have offended me but now that I've forgiven you, I will choose to open myself to you again. Of course, it depends on the situation if it's safe to make yourself vulnerable again, but, that's what you signed up for here.

The permanent record of the loved one isn't the same as your enemies. Redemption belongs in a solid, loving relationship. These offenses should be expunged often. But again, don't forget. Remember what you learned about yourself.

Third, forgiving a child. This seems to be the purest form of forgiveness to me and works as a really good teaching tool . This is a good tool that starts with releasing your child from mistakes, errors, and lashing out. I'm not talking about letting anything go or not holding them accountable. I hold my daughter accountable and with a smile on the inside I think, "Wow, now that she sees that I've forgiven her, she can now learn from me." And there you go, one step closer to presenting the world a slightly better human being.

The last scenario that I think is common where forgiveness is used is when you are confronted, for a lack of a better word, by an idiot. Someone who says something so stupid and offensive. Forgiveness in this case has to be offered with the understanding that the person in front of you just may not know better. I think this is the toughest scenario because some things we see so clearly. Others don't have the same clarity and let fly with something incredibly offensive. Forgiveness is tough here because now you have to force your mind into the mindset that you are not the only human being here. You might be thinking that this individual is a nut but you have to remember that some people need a little more room because they just might be a little behind in their thinking, culture, and social development. With forgiveness, you offer them understanding and in the same process, you preserve your sanity. Most times, they won't learn anything anyway and there's no point in you walking away pissed off.

keywhee's photo
Wed 12/26/07 05:25 AM
Edited by keywhee on Wed 12/26/07 05:25 AM
We shouldn't use any force to make other countries democracies. How arrogant of us to think that just because the US government is a democracy that that must be the best one.

No, we shouldn't hate other people but it's human nature to dislike that which is different.

Yes, we fear difference, not just the US but everyone globally does.

How long before the world gets sick etc.? Stay tuned....

keywhee's photo
Mon 12/17/07 09:58 PM
And it should come back to...

He's a lumberjack and he's ok
He sleeps all night and he works all day

happy happy happy

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16