Community > Posts By > keywhee

keywhee's photo
Sun 12/02/07 08:51 AM
Since I probably have the least amount amongst active posters, does that mean I'm more connected to real life?

*duck and cover!*

keywhee's photo
Sun 12/02/07 06:32 AM
Edited by keywhee on Sun 12/02/07 06:35 AM
My brain is having a problem with just the word "fairtax". happy

keywhee's photo
Sat 12/01/07 09:09 PM
Mr. Bean is funny sober but I gotta tell you, definitely funnier under the influence of some adult libations.

drinker drinker drinker

keywhee's photo
Sat 12/01/07 09:04 PM
I'm in Dallas...is that close?

keywhee's photo
Sat 12/01/07 08:43 PM

engineer

If you don't mean "train" oriented, good guess. Actually getting back into school for engineering.

Impressive!

keywhee's photo
Sat 12/01/07 08:40 PM

Do i guess? In this case i would guess you work with people, maybe a spokeswoman for a certain company

Camp instructor happy

keywhee's photo
Sat 12/01/07 08:38 PM
Greetings and salutations.

keywhee's photo
Sat 12/01/07 08:34 PM
Well, you are certainly welcome. And I'd just like to say that it was tough in the beginning but we've made it through the good times and bad times and I gotta tell ya, you're one hell of a bridge player.

What was this topic again?

keywhee's photo
Sat 12/01/07 07:46 PM
I'm more of a moaner than a screamer...sorry.

:wink:

keywhee's photo
Sat 12/01/07 02:40 PM
Aye laddie.....is that just wrong of me?

keywhee's photo
Sat 12/01/07 02:38 PM
It's a damn shame that I can't think clearly. I think I need to go see a doctor...webmd! woo hoo

keywhee's photo
Sat 12/01/07 08:29 AM
I don't know about the movie but the song is kind of a beating.

keywhee's photo
Sat 12/01/07 08:28 AM
Tough call. Do we get to bring our current knowledge? If so, I'd love to run some of our modern discoveries past some of the brilliant minds of the past so for me, it's a toss up of Aristotle, Galileo, or Darwin. Such fascinating people.

keywhee's photo
Fri 11/30/07 06:04 AM
After 13 months of hunting, sending out an estimated 85-90 resumes and job apps, I have an interview today. So, reach deep into whichever belief system you subscribe to and send some good thoughts/mojo/prayers/incantations or anything else I've missed my way please.

Actually, when it comes down, I think a little bit of scotch might work. happy

And for those who know my myspace page, say it with me...

Save the 7 year old, SAVE THE WORLD!!

bigsmile

keywhee's photo
Wed 11/28/07 08:08 PM
Drown yourself and hope she knows CPR.

Ok, that was really uncalled for. And on that note, goodnight!

keywhee's photo
Wed 11/28/07 06:48 PM
Heh, that used to be OUR song! (silly ex)

keywhee's photo
Wed 11/28/07 06:37 PM
I don't know that people have changed in the context of the social contract idea. It's been around for 2-300 years. Just not too many people have realized how beneficial things could be to them in a society as described in my previous post.

As far as moral action, we all know that science and religion and modern thinking and all of the advances in all areas that contribute to knowledge morph our morals. An easy example would be discrimination against (insert any group here) decades ago. But now with reasonable rational thinking nowadays, women vote, a lot of the racial issues have weakened, etc. What I think is happening is that we are all being educated to a deeper level.

keywhee's photo
Wed 11/28/07 06:26 PM
Religion is a protected right until it leaves the etheral and starts abusing/neglecting/destroying the empirical.

keywhee's photo
Wed 11/28/07 06:22 PM
The social contract is that belief that rational people follow a mutual set of rules for their mutual benefit. I won't go around killing your family with the understanding that you won't go around killing mine. It's our typical ethical/moral behavior. We hold doors for people, say excuse me, and other things of that nature expecting others to do so for us in return.

The free riders are those that take advantage of the benefits of mutual cooperation but do not contribute to it.

keywhee's photo
Wed 11/28/07 06:12 PM

I'm not smart enough for that...I just poke holes in other people's ideas.
Makes me feel important.

:tongue:

The Socratic method. How philosophical of you. happy

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 15 16