Community > Posts By > diserli_gears

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 03:05 PM
I would assume they are minorities where you live too ETW? yes

The problem isn't minorities its the ones (minority and not minorities) on the lower end of the economic scale that is the problem

You can go anywhere in America and find neighbourhood of upper class and the 1% and its racially diverse and you will notice opulence among other things such as a lower crime rate and a safer neighbourhood, compared to areas where abject poverty exist, of course its going to breed violent crime

Crime also affects better neighbourhood but you generally dont have to worry about someone car jacking you or breaking into your home.

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 01:02 PM
welcome to the M2 family

enjoy the forums

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 12:09 PM

That's what I'm saying. We make it out principal residence. Where I live now, has been in my family for 3 generations. We just quit claim it to the next generation.

American quit claim deed differs from our quit claim deed in Canada.

no matter what we do we cannot get around the capital gains, we can defer it but cant escape it.

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 11:57 AM

We pay CPP as well,

Capital gains, the plan has the inclusion rate, now 50% of the capital gain, increasing to 75% for Quebec tax purposes. This would bring the highest marginal tax rate on capital gains in Quebec up to 35.4% from 24.1%.Oct 6, 2012

Quebec gas buyers are the most heavily taxed in North America. According to CAA, they pay 10 cents in federal excise tax, 19 cents in Quebec fuel tax, and 3 cents in Montreal tax for public transportation. Plus, five per cent GST and nearly 10 percent PST.Jan 19, 2015

I could go on but you'd spew chunks

Oh I know , I feel for you folks in Quebec its an absolute rip off , I remember driving from Ottawa to Gatineau and the difference in gas prices blew my mind.

I would assume many quebecers living in Gatineau/Hull probably fills up in Ottawa and drives back.

I've only sold 1 property in my life. Here we live in them i think it was 2 out of 5 years. I think it's 4 out of 5 now to avoid capital gains.

you are paying capital gains no matter what, its just the length of time you have the property determines your capital gain, Including your principal residence.

That is one thing I like about up here in Canada, our principal residence is exempt from capital gain tax.

We get a break on a few things including if we own American property mind you have to sign some type of agreement giving us tax credits etc.

I know you folks down there can write off your interest up to One million dollars, we cannot write off our interest here except if we have a line of credit on our homes and we use the line of credit for business/investment or education purposes.

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 11:37 AM

a heterosexual pride parade...????

isnt that called a KKK rally?

ohhhhhhhhhhh, hey

no a heterosexual pride parade is called " a strip bar or a titty bar"

at least that is where they meet laugh

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 11:29 AM
Edited by diserli_gears on Tue 07/03/18 11:49 AM
its not free here, we pay for it through our taxes Easttowest.

while it may not cost us out of pocket money to go to the E.R. our working class, middle class, upper class and 1% pays enough taxes that its a rip off.

I will give you an example of liberal government policy and our high taxes.

We pay into the Canada Pension Plan, if you live in Canada, Quebec doesnt they have their own.johnn111 can give you the details as he lives in Quebec.

Our CPP is like your Social security.

Im divorced with no kids, If I die the Government pays out 2500 dollars towards your funeral expenses but keeps whatever Ive contributed, my beneficiaries dont receive one dime.

This has been going on for years thanks to Justin Trudeau's idiot phucking communist loving prick of a father Pierre Elliott Trudeau when he was prime minister.

the government keeps all that money so course the trade off is hospital visits are covered under the government insurance, and if one doesn't have a provincial health card they ARE BILLED, so If an illegal or an American or Foreigner uses our E.R they are billed, we are not, but we pay a steep price in our taxes

We are taxed to death up here, I believe you are rental property owner, think about when you sold your first rental property how much taxes you've paid on capital gains which I assume if you've had the property over 5 years, your capital gains is 25%

If you were up here your capital gains tax is 50%,I dont know what its like in Quebec as Johnn111 could better answer that.

We get taxed for every thing here, somethings are great here and somethings are not.

I rather pay your taxes , get my own insurance ( which I have) vs having government insurance being at the mercy of the medical system waiting 3 months to do an MRI on my shoulder vs driving to Buffalo and getting it done the next day is a better medical system in my books

Although I do get it if one is indigent in Canada its definitely helps and if you live in the city because if you live in a smaller communities Doctors are like Gold and in great demand and good luck finding one and if you do many of them are NOT taking on new patients.

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 11:09 AM
for me looks attracts, but personality, intelligence and sharing core values keeps my attention.

because after a while into the relationship the initial physical attraction fades and if we haven't bonded or have a deep connection then its all about sex and eventually that fizzles out

At your age looks matter for most, as you hit into your 30's assuming you develop emotionally mentally etc you will change, you will see what attracted in you in the 20's doesn't do a thing for you in your 30's or older.

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 11:00 AM

They Haven't double taxed us on property transfers... yet.

Westmount... Fougetaboutit smokin

hope and pray that they dont, we had a marxist mayor back in 2007 that introduced that tax and funny thing is he resigned one year after it was implemented in 2008, he knew that people here were unhappy with that decision and he was going to lose big time in the coming election.

I see some of the Americans complain about their taxes, I say come on up here and see what high taxes are.

One of my buddies has a rental property a condo in a building over looking Lake Ontario, its a 975 sq ft one bedroom, one bathroom and a solarium and he is getting 2000 dollars a month for it.

I cant imagine what the rent is like in Westmount or griffintown area of Montreal.

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 10:46 AM
Edited by diserli_gears on Tue 07/03/18 10:47 AM
double post oops

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 10:44 AM

Sincerely hope we are not running out of topics! waving

I hear you , there are lot of smart people on here so perhaps my concern was unwarranted.

makes me wonder why a lot of the older posters stopped posting?

Maybe no cell reception in the nurseing homes. rofl rofl

I walked into that one slaphead

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 10:40 AM
Edited by diserli_gears on Tue 07/03/18 10:42 AM

Oh cry me a puckin river... our sales tx is 14.975%

Our property tx is about $9000.00 for 15k sq foot lot.

Ya'll have it easy

Ive often feel for my Quebec colleagues you guys are getting it up the azz with the pst and gst

in Ontario its only combined 13%

hey do you guys over there have double tax on the houses that we have in Toronto?

If I sell my place who ever buys has to pay Ontario land transfer tax and Toronto land transfer tax, which is a rip off.

is it the same thing in Montreal?

For a 3 bed home... 2500$-3000$

Appartment, about 1500$ easy

I would assume double that if its in westmount?

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 09:28 AM

Sincerely hope we are not running out of topics! waving

I hear you , there are lot of smart people on here so perhaps my concern was unwarranted.

makes me wonder why a lot of the older posters stopped posting?

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 09:17 AM

Close the borders and electrify the wall..smile2

I agree.

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 09:14 AM

I think there is a HUGE distinction between saying one is not attracted to a CERTAIN individual (and their specific combination of features)

and saying one is not attracted to a WHOLE RACE (billions of individuals each with their own specific combination of features)

it is racism. So what? and yes, excluding a sex is sexism, so what?

the main difference is, at least with sex, there is one feature that EVERYONE in that group shares that can be a deal breaker.

whereas with race, there is no ONE feature everyone will have, deal breaker or not.

So you're saying its not good to exclude genders or race even though you are not attracted to them

So I assume you are not attracted to women, ( maybe you are)so if you're not and you dont want to date one does that mean we can call you a sexist and homophobe?

I also dont want to date a transgendered woman, I suppose that makes me a transphobic as well?

so what would you call me becasue I think Rosie o donell is a pig and I wouldnt date her nor am I attracted to her, what does that make me?

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 09:08 AM

Well I could've gotten an update myself but I was more interested in your angle as to why?

Dirty Americans flooding our streets with weapons for monetary gains.

You should borrow a few of our bikers to clean up your streets good smokin

As in why? too many factors

as in bikers... NOOOOOOOOO, we have our own biker problem although most of them now are Hells Angels and tend to keep to themselves for the time being.

between them, the La Cosa Nostra and 'Ndrangheta, Russian Mob and street gangs, we have our own issues and they dont care about the gun laws .

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 08:59 AM

nope never had a facebook account.

OMG NotPayForPlay! You resuscitated a dead 11 year old topic!

Holy bat balls... *laughing*

Cheers! waving

we are running out of things to talk about perhaps?

I noticed lately a lot of older threads have been resuscitated

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 08:50 AM
Edited by diserli_gears on Tue 07/03/18 08:55 AM

Lots of senseless shootings going on in T.O lately

Any comments on what's going on Gears?

4 shot in kensington market a couple of days ago

last week 3 people shot on Queen and Peter Street in the day time.

as of July 1st, 63 shootings and 5 deaths.

https://www.cp24.com/news/police-chief-concerned-by-brazenness-of-recent-downtown-shootings-1.3997698

how is that for an update John.

so much for gun control eh?

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 08:37 AM
Edited by diserli_gears on Tue 07/03/18 08:39 AM
I think in this day of political correctness and identity politics labels , racism and other "ism" are being thrown around because some people are too soft and weak minded to accept rejection.

In the good old days it was a man asked out a woman and she rejected him, he would move on , he might sulk and be sad but he would move on, same if a woman was rejected.

Today if a woman rejects a man and he isn't of the same race, she is racist or whatever label they come up with.

what stopping someone from calling me a sexist and homophobe for not wanting to be with a man?

I know certain leftist will say you cant exclude a race or a gender and to that I say you're absolutely bonkers if you believe that.

Ive met women(notice I said women and didn't include race of women) who would not and did not date me because they dont date black people, I dont fault them for that and I'm not about to belittle them, or ask how do you know if you dont try it, its because they are attracted for whatever reason.

We are attracted to what we are attracted to, you cannot force or legislate attraction.

No amount of convincing , or legislation or pressure would ever get me to be attracted to someone like Rosie O'Donnell or Linda Sansour.

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 08:08 AM
Edited by diserli_gears on Tue 07/03/18 08:11 AM

I don't blame anyone for anything. And believe it or not, I'm a registered independent. Although my beliefs lean more towards libertarian,

I doubt that,you sound more marxist than libertarian

I don't think people should be allowed to torture puppies, I don't think people should be allowed to lock people in camps simply because of their race, I don't believe people should be allowed to rip newborns off their mother's nipple.

Can you show me where in the Republican party platform that mandated puppy tortures?

as for locked into camps, well where can you put them when they are gathered up? since you and your fellow "independents" dont want to open up your homes to them right?

I consider government a necessary evil that manages to perform humanitarian actions only by accident. I recognize the necessity of it, but not necessarily condone it.

that makes no sense.

I don't think government should be asking Americans for their "papers". This is supposed to be a country of freedoms. Perhaps one of the greatest freedom, is the freedom to be left alone. Along with that, would be the freedom not to live in fear of being killed by a government agent. (A.k.a. the police).

yet you want the government to do nothing about illegal immigration, the white guy probably a democrat was offended because he was asked which country he is a citizen of? you know most Right wing/conservative americans would have answered the question without a second thought.

I'd really like to know how much money these people make. Mostly because I'd like to know the going price for a soul.

The "fair market price" for them if you will.

money these people make?? good Lord...

1. He was in a truck with Lee's Landscaping on the side.

2. He knocked on my door and asked if I had contracted with anyone for the summer. (And NO, I didn't ask for his green card, or his I-9, or anything else. After all, according to you people he wouldn't them anyway, because it would interfere with his welfare.)

He was in a truck with Lee's landscaping, so you think Lee hired illegals and then goes around the neigbhourhood looking for business?

why would anyone ask a person knocking on their door to see if they can do business with you where they are from, if they are illegal or not?

Seems kind of silly to even think that way? no.

no photo
Tue 07/03/18 07:56 AM
There is beauty in all races..

some races beauty stands out more, Asian women are known for their beauty

Although American women isn't a race there a ton of beautiful women in America, the problem is some of them are poisoned by this 3rd wave feminist crap.

Mixed races sometimes produces the most beautiful offspring, I once saw a woman of Japanese and Egyptian mix and I thought holy mother beep, she is absolutely stunning.

There is a woman that works in one of the coffee shops near my office and she is mixed with Thai and Spanish and she is stunning and I know she gets hit on a lot, of course many dont know she is a lesbian but its funny to watch the guys unsuccessfully hit on her.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25