Community > Posts By > ashryn

ashryn's photo
Wed 05/01/13 09:06 PM
...i'd take u for a walk and maybe buy u a treat?? :smile:

ashryn's photo
Wed 05/01/13 06:24 PM

What kind of man/woman do you go for? Are they tall, short, skinny, fat, blonde, brunette, loud, quiet, arrogant or shy (just to name a few)?

Are there certain things that attract you or turn you off?

Do you want them to work at impressing you, or would you rather them be themselves right away?

These questions are just examples. Feel free to add what you'd like about the kind of person you're attracted to.

i'm partial to accents lol...rather for them to be themselves but sometimes thats hard for some people especially if they have dealt with a rejection. hair color doesn't matter...I'm not usually into people who are way tall but i don't automatically write them off for that either lol i mean after all i'm not even quite 5 foot. body type isn't a thing for me either as i am def not skinny. atho i have to say my dating life as been very diverse lol

ashryn's photo
Wed 05/01/13 06:17 PM
I have friends who fit that scenario...i would be the odd ball out lol because i don't fall in love quickly like that...i will be infatuated for a while but love doesn't hit me as quickly and sometimes that can put guys off because then they think u're not seriously into them...at least that's been the past experience...i usually go with my gut instinct on that and every time its the butterflies that clue me in that its more then infatuation.

ashryn's photo
Wed 05/01/13 12:46 PM

...are soft, cuddly, smell good and are fun to be with. Just an observation.

yes, yes we are lol flowerforyou

ashryn's photo
Wed 05/01/13 12:34 PM
hey can any of you ladies and/or gents tell me the closest beach to Houston?? Thanks!! flowerforyou

ashryn's photo
Wed 05/01/13 12:26 PM
A bunch of girlfriends and I are going to Houston then to San Antonio...can someone give the name of beaches close to Houston, please? Thanks doll!

ashryn's photo
Tue 04/09/13 09:31 PM
hamster! lol

ashryn's photo
Tue 04/09/13 09:28 PM

interesting thread here

Maybe I should start a thread saying that it's better for a man to be in a relationship with a woman of color. laugh

make sure u list 99 reasons lol

ashryn's photo
Tue 04/09/13 08:43 PM

I always loved the phrase "it takes a village to raise a child". It doesn't say if the people in the village are male or female or married. The point being love is the only important factor. Children just want someone to love them and tell them they are safe.

Love this.....I told my aunt this just 2 weekends ago on Easter when she was complaining that gay people shouldn't be allowed to adopt and push their gayness basically onto the kids. Kids don't care about gender like others do, they just want love and a place to belong, that's all they want. Whether it be from a single mom, single dad, two moms, two dads, a mom and a dad, or even more then 2 parents....it doesn't matter to them as long as they're loved. Any prejudice they get towards any "unnatural" relationship is taught to them it's not innately in them.

Adults are the ones that make this an issue, it's not the kids.

I completely agree...adults could learn a lot if they would take the time and look thru a child's eyes...see what they see...it can be a real eye opener for some. i work in child care so I learn just as much from them as they learn from me.

Definitely, far too often adults as they get older think they know more than the child simply because they are older, but older and wiser don't always go together. A child can know as much as someone fully grown, and someone fully grown can know as little as some kids do in the same way. It's not an absolute thing.

Sometimes even as adults you still have things to learn, you may have been raised one way strictly, but doesn't mean it was right or that your kids are wrong for questioning it.

I truly believe if parents tried to understand their kids more than tried to place themselves above them simply because they are older, they'd have better relationships to the kids, the kids would be safer and have less of a reason to sneak around since they'd have an open dialogue with the parents, and both would be much happier.

Parents I think try too hard at times to control their kids to make them what they want them to be, rather than trying to understand what they actually need. They both suffer for that IMO. I think we make things so much more complex than they really should be, life isn't that complicated as much as we make it that way.

drinker cheers to that

ashryn's photo
Tue 04/09/13 08:32 PM
numb

ashryn's photo
Tue 04/09/13 08:30 PM
let him sleep, make breakfast, and give a nice wake up call :smile:

ashryn's photo
Tue 04/09/13 08:27 PM
interesting thread here

ashryn's photo
Tue 04/09/13 08:23 PM

I always loved the phrase "it takes a village to raise a child". It doesn't say if the people in the village are male or female or married. The point being love is the only important factor. Children just want someone to love them and tell them they are safe.

Love this.....I told my aunt this just 2 weekends ago on Easter when she was complaining that gay people shouldn't be allowed to adopt and push their gayness basically onto the kids. Kids don't care about gender like others do, they just want love and a place to belong, that's all they want. Whether it be from a single mom, single dad, two moms, two dads, a mom and a dad, or even more then 2 parents....it doesn't matter to them as long as they're loved. Any prejudice they get towards any "unnatural" relationship is taught to them it's not innately in them.

Adults are the ones that make this an issue, it's not the kids.

I completely agree...adults could learn a lot if they would take the time and look thru a child's eyes...see what they see...it can be a real eye opener for some. i work in child care so I learn just as much from them as they learn from me.

ashryn's photo
Tue 04/09/13 08:18 PM
malice

ashryn's photo
Mon 04/08/13 10:46 PM
This is pretty random...I am mom of two kids, one who has autism..I have been seperated for little while, divorce is almost done..I work two jobs and I go to school full time...I don't really have anyone I am really interested in right now who I would consider relationship material in fact I don't really ever see me getting back into a real relationship anyway...so is having a friend with benefits such a bad idea? considering the circumstances that is lol.

ashryn's photo
Mon 04/08/13 10:34 PM
Underneath the Red vail

ashryn's photo
Mon 04/08/13 10:30 PM
ok i admit it does suck to be the shoulder they cry on or the one they tell all their secrets to but then it makes you kind of feel like u are good enough to keep their secrets but not good enough for their love...i can tell you from experience we can only wait so long before we have to move on with life...funny thing is when we're gone thats when they tend to realize they had someone good right there and now they're gone....drinker so lets toast that if you are the one who is standing by and loving someone from afar that they will realize what a jewel u are before its too late...cheers doll

ashryn's photo
Mon 04/08/13 10:14 PM
thats true in some cases...it even works the same way from woman i have guys friends that call me when they have questions about their kiddos lol...but then if the guy is really interested in the girl who's crying on his shoulder then why doesn't he say anything? why keep it a secret? sometimes girls do that because they don't know that the one they're crying wants to be more then just that shoulder to cry on...

ashryn's photo
Mon 04/08/13 10:10 PM
i think it really depends on the people involved...if you are the type of person who needs that physical contact then sure its somewhat important...not saying that sex is more important then love but for some people sex is just as much a part of a relationship as anything else...i like sex so i would want it to be apart of my relationship with someone, doesn't mean we have to do it every hour of every day..

ashryn's photo
Mon 04/08/13 10:02 PM
because usually all the good guys are taken :smile: or we don't know they exist because they are rare now days...good luck...i hope you find what you're look for.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 16 17