Community > Posts By > Lily0923

Lily0923's photo
Thu 01/08/09 03:50 PM

I'm sorry I'm having a difficult time understanding a practical application of honesty in a relationship....

Can you give me one from your personal life?

Sure, by letting Alison know that I wasn't interested in the same TV shows as her I never felt forced to watch them with her and she never badgered me into doing so. A practical application of honesty in a relationship.

Well I'm glad you have one to offer up for my understanding.

Glad to be of help.

Yes, thank you, I do have a full grasp of what you consider to be honesty in a relationship now.

Lily0923's photo
Thu 01/08/09 03:47 PM

This place needs a I'm a jerk threadrofl rofl rofl

It would be "This place needs AN I'm a jerk thread"

Oh wait, is this turning into one???

drinker rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Lily0923's photo
Thu 01/08/09 03:45 PM

I'm sorry I'm having a difficult time understanding a practical application of honesty in a relationship....

Sure, by letting Alison know that I wasn't interested in the same TV shows as her I never felt forced to watch them with her and she never badgered me into doing so. A practical application of honesty in a relationship.

Well I'm glad you have one to offer up for my understanding.

Lily0923's photo
Thu 01/08/09 03:42 PM

Why? Another one will pop up in its' place if it does get pulled. Mingle is just cursed with these threads. frustrated frustrated

True, i'm just tired of this onebigsmile

I'm tired of all of em. We get it already....you are a nice guy....meaning you are a wuss.laugh laugh

:heart: Marry Me? :heart:

Wait is that illegal everywhere but West Virginia?

Lily0923's photo
Thu 01/08/09 03:34 PM
I think I have seen the light, I too am a "nice" girl, well, no more....

It's full on Lily smackdown from this point forward.

spock slaphead whoa whoa whoa

Lily0923's photo
Thu 01/08/09 03:32 PM

smitten with who?did the birdie say?

The birdie did not give up that info.... (the birdie is myspace by the way)

Lily0923's photo
Thu 01/08/09 03:30 PM

So I got told by my father today that I need to work on my people skills.

My question is; Why the hell do I eed to be worried about what other people think of me?

Did he mean how you relate to people, or how you understand and conceive people or how you convey your thoughts to people, or did he mean how you interprit others?

There are alot of venues to "people skills"

Personally if you don't care what people think, then don't worry about it, however the fact that you asked the question shows that you do indeed care what people think about you.

The whole thing started because we went out of town to pick up some part and stopped at a gas station to get a couple of sodas. When I went in there was a guy getting loud with a cashier working there. I went about my business, and got my sodas then got in line behind the guy.

we'll he got very loud the slapped the cashier so I tapped him on the sholder and toldhim to try that with me. when he turned I kicked him in the nuts. While he was on the floor I asked him if he liked that, then I walked out.

thats when I got told I needed to work on my people skills.

I don't see anything wrong with this....

but then I'm demented like that.

Lily0923's photo
Thu 01/08/09 03:27 PM

they tell you what you want to hear just to keep you from being mad

i second that notion
drinker I'll third that notion

You can't third it, you firsted it....

a birdie told me you were smitten

Lily0923's photo
Thu 01/08/09 03:23 PM

I am truly a nice guy. But I am still alone. I think that women have been hurt so much by guys who claimed to be nice, and then weren't, that the true nice guys are often written off as liars. There is no other way to prove I am a nice guy than to show it in person, because anyone can SAY anything, and if there is not even one woman left today who will take the risk and find out for herself, I, and many other genuine nice guys like me, will be forever alone.

I know you may not like what I have to say here. To me a nice guy/girl should never have to proclaim that they are, IMO someone that hast to say they are most likely are hiding something I don't care to know about.

Second I honestly believe people get confused with nice guy/girl with doormat and these will always finish last since they set the scene themselves.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What she said.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lily0923's photo
Thu 01/08/09 03:21 PM

I am truly a nice guy. But I am still alone. I think that women have been hurt so much by guys who claimed to be nice, and then weren't, that the true nice guys are often written off as liars. There is no other way to prove I am a nice guy than to show it in person, because anyone can SAY anything, and if there is not even one woman left today who will take the risk and find out for herself, I, and many other genuine nice guys like me, will be forever alone.

laugh laugh laugh laugh

Ya that's it...

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Lily0923's photo
Thu 01/08/09 03:19 PM
Besides carrying the heavy stuff, killing the bugs and sex you mean?

EVERYTHING

Lily0923's photo
Thu 01/08/09 03:17 PM

So I got told by my father today that I need to work on my people skills.

My question is; Why the hell do I eed to be worried about what other people think of me?

Did he mean how you relate to people, or how you understand and conceive people or how you convey your thoughts to people, or did he mean how you interprit others?

There are alot of venues to "people skills"

Personally if you don't care what people think, then don't worry about it, however the fact that you asked the question shows that you do indeed care what people think about you.

Lily0923's photo
Thu 01/08/09 03:14 PM

andy

You are advocating for dishonesty in the fact that there is no way I could make an informed decision on whether or not to remain with a person in major financial difficulty if I did not know this and it was kept secret from me in some respect.

I have to disagree.

Love 101
does his deception break your trust?
did his evasiveness break your trust?
Did you ask?
If you did and he lied to you, you were deceived. HOW IN THE HECK do you conclude that I advocate dishonesty?
I DO NOT AT ALL!
I hope you didn't co mingle credit? My mother refused to when she got married the second time. It was a GOOD thing she didn't. My mom just about has her house paid off and she is about to retire with all of her retirement bases covered. She divorced the choad and her second husband had to leave town and left in DEEP debt. Was she wrong to protect herself?
You have to cover your ass and a good man will always remind you of that!
A good man will admit to his debt! If he lies and you are faked out and you find out later and you feel hurt don't get mad at us! The psychological term for that is Displacement. It is not us you should be mad at and not yourself. We didn't lie.
If hanging your hat with a liar makes you happy so be it. If it doesn't then the answer is obvious!

I am only partially Irish, like a quarter only. The rest is something else a little more southern European.pitchfork

flowers

Not AndyBGood. Talldub. The posts go one on top of another . His real name is Andy. I agree with you 100%. I have been an advocate for total honesty once the relationship meets that level of disclosure. It is wrong to conceal fiances no matter how bad they are from another. He is from Ireland and some other person was calling him an Irish liar. NOT ME. I am Irish/Italian myself. bigsmile

Actually it's Andrew. And the person calling me a liar is a friend, am pretty certain it was being used sarcastically.

Honesty I'm all up for. A relationship should be based on openness and trust, amongst things. Again, I'm saying that you know about the persons poor credit rating and that the cause of the poor credit rating is not be of their own (direct) doing, maybe a health issue caused them to have to stop working. Sh!t happens to people, does it mean that they should be tossed aside because of it? I'm not advocating that you hook up with someone that makes terrible spending choices and is going to screw up your life.

What I am saying is that a credit rating is just a number, no more, no less. It is not a measure of the person and, IMO, if you're going to be with someone then it should be because of who they are on an emotional and intellectual level, not how much they make or whether they can afford the same things as you. I see people who have married as they are both earning lots of money and money attracts money but there's no real love and their children (and they) suffer from it. Sure, they have all the trinkets and gadgets they could desire but as a species that's not what we really need. I know people that could barely keep a roof over their heads but they're far happier.

I'm not saying that possessions are not important to us but if you've got a roof over your head, food in your stomach and a partner/family that loves and cares for you then really you already have everything that you need and you're far luckier than a hell of a lot of people on this planet.

Can you give an example of honesty in a relationship?

Would that be misrepresenting yourself and your future plans? Oh wait, no that's not honest.

Would that be not being honest to your family about your dating status? Oh wait, that's not honest either.

Lily0923's photo
Thu 01/08/09 03:10 PM

imagine the discomfort if your nads were the size of grapefruits

grapefruit????

Try a honeydew....

Nice new pic Lily. Good to see you posting again. The place was dead without you. Ive only been banned once. laugh

Thanks honey, Glad to be back.... I'm the MVP of the red headed mingle step children...:banana: :banana:

Lily0923's photo
Thu 01/08/09 03:08 PM

whats with all these people wasting my time with the no pic on the profile? it just screams hi i'm trying to hide something. its like hey thanks for the big hint to just bypass you!!!! why would you not post a current pic??? are you trying to disappoint?

Oh yes, the hat nose mouth combo sure does show us who you really are.....

Lily0923's photo
Thu 01/08/09 03:06 PM
I missed my lovies...

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Lily0923's photo
Thu 01/08/09 03:05 PM

imagine the discomfort if your nads were the size of grapefruits

grapefruit????

Try a honeydew....

Lily0923's photo
Sun 12/07/08 06:48 PM
If it penetrated the skin, I say yes, if not, you were only shot AT.

Lily0923's photo
Sun 12/07/08 06:19 PM

sream?

Yes, sream... noun, to yell without raising one's voice.

Guess you see my disability huh???

Lily0923's photo
Sun 12/07/08 06:15 PM

eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww no way

I would never date someone with a disability

someone with no heartexplode

and no kidneys

Like the sarcasm didn't sream from Quiet's post....slaphead

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25