Community > Posts By > 5apphire

no photo
Wed 03/14/12 04:19 AM

Thanks Rosie, BTW love that name, its what people here in the states have been calling my daughter Shoshanah.
Uriel

Yes, Shoshanna (there are various spellings) is the Ivrit name for Rose. Rose is my middle name, but I prefer to use Rosie.

no photo
Tue 03/13/12 12:56 PM

Im an older Jewish guy, I just got here. Been looking around but the JS forum is a quiet place. Nice to find you ladys here.
Uriel

Nice to meet you. Greetings from London, England. Yes, it is a shame these forums are quiet, but all it takes is people to start some threads. The more activity there is on here, the more popular they will become.

no photo
Mon 03/12/12 02:45 AM

Just want to say hi ;-)
c u

Hi to you too. How you doing?

no photo
Tue 02/28/12 11:12 AM
And throw away the key.

no photo
Tue 02/28/12 09:24 AM
Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham becoming 'no-go areas' because of drugs gangs... just like Mexico and Brazil says the UNITED NATIONS
UN narcotics chief: Manchester, Birmingham and Liverpool are comparable to Brazil and Mexico for their 'no-go' areas
Badly managed large scale immigration fuels the problem
'Drug traffickers, organised crime, drug users - they take over'
Celebrity use of drugs is helping to 'normalise use' in society
ACPO says it does 'not recognise the reference to "no go" areas in the UK'

By EDDIE WRENN
Last updated at 1:16 PM on 28th February 2012

Read about it here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2107552/Manchester-Liverpool-Birmingham-areas-drugs-gangs--just-like-Mexico-Brazil.html

Areas of Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham have become 'no-go' areas where the law is losing the battle against drug traffickers and organised crime, according to the United Nations' drugs chief.
The three cities were directly compared to the drug cartels which hold sway over large parts of Brazil and Mexico by Professor Hamid Ghodse, the president of the UN’s International Narcotics Control Board (INCB).

He said the cities were trapped in 'a vicious cycle of social exclusion and drugs problems and fractured communities'.
The development of 'no-go areas' is being fuelled by threats such as social inequality, migration and celebrities normalising drug abuse, he warned, adding that helping marginalised communities with drugs problems 'must be a priority'.

no photo
Tue 02/28/12 09:18 AM

It would be nice to see more discussions, a lot of posts barely get any replies!

Ok, let's start some topics then!

no photo
Sun 02/19/12 09:12 AM

It has to do with tides and water... I worked at hospital, on full moons patients went off. You could tell by the moon what kind of night you would have.

Yes, I have heard similar. Psychiatric patients can be badly affected.

no photo
Sun 02/19/12 09:10 AM

Before anyone freaks out, this is NOT about me. My ex is married to a woman who is 40 and she wants to have a baby. She has had 3 children but wants to have one with her new husband. This concerns me greatly as she is 40 and he is 45. What are your thoughts on having babies when you are over 40?

Provided she is healthy and her doctor says it is ok, I think it is good. I had my two at the age of 34 and 37. A mature mother is more chilled-out. I would wish her all the best if I knew her.

no photo
Sun 02/19/12 09:06 AM
I am sad I have lost some that I had. I must admit I am bad at keeping up friendships - they take a bit of effort. I am fussy with who I befriend as I live to give a lot in friendships. I also funnily enough find it easier to make friends with men than women. I often find men more non-judgmental and feel I can be more open with them. My friendships seem to be a constant turnover. I lose some - we just fail to keep in touch due to life events usually.

no photo
Fri 02/17/12 06:08 AM
Or do you just want to pick-up someone in your area?

no photo
Fri 02/17/12 05:57 AM

For the right woman Only!!! i would like to meet someone special on here. i am looking for something serious with potentials of going all the way. You can go through my profile.
N.B - Only Ladies Seeking a Serious Relationship pls.
Quote - "It's what's on the inside that is a beauty to behold"

Wow, not a good idea to have your real name, photo and ID online. It's a bad, bad world out there in the Wobble Wobble Land.

no photo
Fri 02/17/12 05:21 AM

iam meet girl in line ia be take to here for week ,she tell me today she is affraide of me because iam muslim.can sombady tell me what ia do to tell here.and she tell me isliam is radical religion whatis that means help me please what ia do to approve iam in good muslim.

Well yes, some girls may be concerned. Perhaps you might not have that problem if you try and meet a girl who is also a Muslim. Each to their own kind usually works out best.

no photo
Sat 02/11/12 04:04 PM
Edited by 5apphire on Sat 02/11/12 04:37 PM

So I met this really nice guy online...and I'm starting to really like him...but he's catholic, and that goes against my religious belief to get involved with someone who isn't the same religion as me...what should I do?

You haven't even met him yet and you are wondering about your long-term future together? Meet him, then decide what you should do, as you are stressing yourself out over what may even be a non-starter.

And if you do decide to move onto meeting someone else, perhaps this has woken you up to the fact how important your denomination of religion is to you, and maybe just seek out people of your own religion.

no photo
Sun 02/05/12 03:11 AM
Absolbloominlootlyfastastic.

Al my very best wishes to you both.

:heart: :heart:

no photo
Wed 02/01/12 06:38 AM

I was raised and I was born in Israel so I do not need to do alyeya. Israel is a Jewish state for all Jews so do alyeya, nothing more important than that,
אין על המדינה שלנו
שלום לכולם

Of course, but unless a person is rich, or has a well-paid profession, or can live on faith alone, it is hard to live there. I know that. And people who make aliyah often return to their home country. Money - and quite a lot of it - is necessary in the bank before making aliyah. To have your savings dwindle, have trouble finding a job, have to pay really high rent for a place where the landlord couldn't be bothered to fix the faults of your apartment, to have to cope with all the internal problems of Israel, not to mention the external problems, and you can see why aliyah is not for everyone. It's good that you are doing some travelling at your age and I wish you well. But everyone's personal circumstances are difficult. That is not to say a person should not vacation there of course. It is the best place for a vacation. It is just living there, for people who have been raised elsewhere, is extremely difficult.

no photo
Tue 01/31/12 04:23 AM

hey 5aphire,

I think there is only you and me left in this forum ! lol
Nice to meet you , here Lea ;-)

hear that:

http://youtu.be/P_NEy_xSSRs

c u around

Hiya, WOW what a lovely clip. Thanks so much for introducing me to that one. Yes it is a shame this forum isn't busy. It could be so good, and of course doesn't necessarily have to discuss Talmud etc. After all this is a dating/chat site.
Great to meet you too here Lea.
Rosie

no photo
Tue 01/31/12 12:39 AM

ShalomMoche,
Manishma?
I understood you are going to Vegas, then good luck .
But if you are going to do your Alya like 5apphire said , means going to Jerusalem
then MAZALTOV ! ;-)

Whoops, I thought he was going from USA to Israel!!! Sorry Moshe - have a great life in the USA. xxx

no photo
Mon 01/30/12 11:48 AM

My name is Moshe I'm moving in February to Las Vegas from Jerusalem Israel and And I'm looking to meet new people

Lucky you Moshe. Good luck for your Aliyah. I am extremely jelous and would move too, but am waiting to win the Lottery first. Stay safe and good health.

no photo
Mon 01/16/12 02:12 PM

cant read all of the profiles

Try this:

Click anywhere on the screen. The keep your finger on the Ctrl key and use the mouse's scroll wheel to make the font smaller. If there is still the same problem then just do the same again to make the font the size it was before.

no photo
Fri 01/13/12 07:57 AM
It is possible to break the addiction. When I first got a computer about 12 or so years ago I was really addicted and on occasional times since. I have been through periods where I am so addicted that I have neglected housework, failed to eat properly, spent so much time on the internet.

Of course, it is useful for entertainment, education and communicating with friends and family. However if it gets to be a problem and that person realises it as a problem it is possible to break the habit by committing spare time to other activities. Like any addiction it takes a while to break the habit, but it can be done.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21