no photo
Mon 06/23/08 01:46 PM

here's one....how about the government sending troops to Afghanistan and Iraq--->yes our CF members are there too but that's on the down low.....shhhhh....and calling it a war on terrorism but when it comes to veteren's affairs they call it a police action, circumnavigating the issue of war veteren's benifits. The pay out to CF members if it was ratified in the house of commons as a WAR would be much larger..should the govn't not pay the members rising thier lives for what the govn't deems as a justifiable action? After all its not the citizens sending the troops there is it? yet its their tax dollars paying the troops, and companies who are appointed by the govn't btw to reconstruct the country. Shouldnt we have more of a say?

What really gets me, is at the start, they weren't even sending highly trained troops. My cousin got sent and he was just in the reserves! Now to read your statement about their benefits, ya, that really burns me up!!!! somebody should be loosing their job over that!!

no photo
Mon 06/23/08 01:41 PM
Political party jumpers really get me! We voted them out for being retards and then they just hop on over to the winning party. Can you say coward! It makes it really obvious that they don't have any stance what so ever and will say or do anything to keep there necks and their jobs! It makes it hard to beleive anything they say because we know that when the next election comes, they will just alter their statements. When a party gets voted out of office, IT MEANS WE DON"T WANT THEM ANYMORE and they should be banned from hopping over to the next party!

no photo
Sun 06/22/08 11:05 PM
LOL!!! I read an article in National Geographic awhile back and it said that last year, new yorkers bit more people than sharks did. The emergency room at the hospital there treated over 200 bites or something like that. I'm with you on the shark diving man!

no photo
Sun 06/22/08 10:43 PM

Getting killed isn't in my plans, and the dangers in Chernobyl and tensions in Kosovo aren't anywhere near the threat levels Belushi or AllenAqua have experienced.

I just want something more meaningful to see than just old churches, architectually strange buildings etc.

But my gosh! As I read Belushi's and AllenAqua's posts, I wonder what else to do with my life than just working from monday to friday.
Of course AllenAqua's experience isn't really something you'd wish to see though.

It depends on what how you define extreme. Are you thinking natural landscape, potilically unstable, death defying animal adventures? New York at 2AM can get pretty crazy man!

no photo
Sun 06/22/08 10:39 PM
Deadly, see now thats the kind of lifestyle I'm looking for! Just as soon as my house and vehicles sell that is!!!!!!!! I am looking at being on the road for about 12 to 18 months if things go right. If I can swing it, I would liked to stay out longer but we shall see how it goes. What has been your favorite spot so far?

no photo
Thu 06/19/08 11:44 PM

I havent stopped travelling and I meet new people every day.

Today I met an American and a German who work in Suez as engineers. On a 3-day break.
They live in Germany and come to Egypt three or four months at a time.

Cool guys. Going to be diving with them tomorrow before they head off to St Katherine's monastery to do the 5am sunrise thing

Cool, how long have you been on the road for?

no photo
Thu 06/19/08 11:37 PM
What do you think of the new disturbed album? I'm a little disappointed but mabye after I listen to it a few more times my mind will change.

no photo
Sat 06/14/08 05:10 PM
LOL! One never knows and I don't make assumptions about people. I have actually run into some well travelled people on this site so I figured I would ask!

no photo
Sat 06/14/08 05:03 PM
hello all, I'm wondering if anybody here has rented a car and driven across South Africa. Well I'm looking at SA, Mozambique, Tanzania, and Zambia. South Africa I hear is going a bit crazy right now but I'm not leaving for a while yet so hopefully it will calm down. I was thinking of using about thirty days to travel through all the countries I mentioned. i've heard a lot of car jacking tales in Mozambique though. what was it like crossing the borders! Should I look at just booking onto an overland tour. i have read about a couple of them that go through the countries I was looking at. I would rather chase whims and sleep late though if you know what I mean. Cheers

no photo
Tue 06/10/08 10:33 PM
LOL! ya stuff like that!

no photo
Tue 06/10/08 11:53 AM
I suppose I could find people again if I really tried but part of me likes the mystery of it. Thats half the fun! I travelled with a guy from mexico for a while and had a riot. I introduced him to the great game of quarters which was good for a laugh. He in turned proved that he could hold more tequila than me! It will be one of those things where I'm walking down the street one day and poof there he is. I get a kick out of stuff like that.

no photo
Tue 06/10/08 11:42 AM
Sounds like JSH needs a war room of sorts or a kill Kenny thread if you will. JSH should cook up a bogus kenny profile that people can go in and be as hostile as they want because its not a real profile. Trouble is, who gets to be the voice of kenny? I used to take people in the forums personal but I guess I just realized that some people need to lash out to make themselves feel better. As far as the emails that women get i'm not really sure, maybe its time for moderators to crack down and start banning people for good. Its a tough call because sometimes people want to flirt and pay compliment but there is a line between innocent compliment and blatant pig!

no photo
Sun 06/08/08 12:09 AM
I can never sleep, I totally feel for you. It seems like the more I try and sleep, the longer I am awake! when that happens, I like to utilize lots of booze!

no photo
Sat 06/07/08 05:45 PM
Hello all, Travel is a funny thing in that you meet people who you have amazing adventures with and then after a few days you never see them again(kind of sucks). Who is your most favorite travel companion that you have never seen again and what was your adventure?

no photo
Sat 05/17/08 07:28 PM
some cool answers! I chose mine because I'm pretty much a regular guy! If your looking for that Firestone guy, I am so not him! I have enough class as a person that I will put on a suit to take you for an evening at the theater but after a couple hours the tie starts to drive me crazy and I start to crave my sports jersey and a hockey game! I can cook you a really good meal but left to my own devices, I tend to eat a lot of hot dogs and pizza!

no photo
Sat 05/17/08 07:05 PM
I see some pretty cool user names on this site and I was just kind of curious why you chose the names you did?

no photo
Sat 05/17/08 06:40 PM
People who feel the need to insult and mock the less fortunate.

People who insult others when they are not around to defend themselves. High school ended years ago!

People who feel they have a right to pry into anothers life without the facts!

no photo
Sun 05/11/08 10:08 AM
Were you thinking of doing extended river tours with some white water or hitting a bunch of lakes. If you are in BC the Bowron Lake Chain is super cool. If you are looking at heading north there is a 13 day canoe tour of the upper liard river in the Yukon. Northern Ontario has some nice water as well from what I hear. Paddling Canada is kind of a broad term. You might want to read a book called paddle to the amazon. A guy took his kids from ontario to south america in a canoe. I think they paddled like 3000km of various rivers or something like that. It might give you some good ideas if you are looking at doing a huge adventure!

no photo
Fri 04/25/08 04:05 PM
Thanks Mark, No worries, I had only meant to ask if I could make my threads private through my profile settings. The answer is no I guess. I was just taken by suprise is all. I am a rookie by forum standards and there is a lot that i don't know about. I had not meant to imply that this site was better or worse than others. I have a good time noodling about on here. Thanks again!

no photo
Fri 04/25/08 02:41 PM
Has anybody taken any boat tours around the lake district in Finland? The whole area looks amazing and I could in theory spend my whole year there but I was thinking about 2 weeks so I'm looking for a good canoe route that will take me through a bunch of different lakes and some white water. Thanks