no photo
Sat 10/18/08 03:38 AM
I would like to delete my account entirely as well but can't seem to do so. Forcing people to stay in your database is wrong don't you think? Why is there no way to delete my account? This site gets worse and worse all the time!

no photo
Fri 08/29/08 09:35 AM
Will do, thanks Mike!

no photo
Fri 08/29/08 09:16 AM
I've been having a problem reading the emails I get lately. When I open them, all that is there is the title but no text. If I hit the refresh button, it will flash onto the screen for a split second and then its gone again. This only started yesterday and has happened three times now. Any ideas?

no photo
Sun 08/24/08 07:19 PM
Solid Gold!drinker drinker drinker

no photo
Sun 08/24/08 04:16 PM
This thread rocks!

no photo
Sun 08/24/08 04:13 PM
why do so many people focus on the parents for this topic? I went to school with a guy who had lesbian parents and wether or not it was right or wrong is irrelevant when it comes to how bad it mixed him up as a kid. Not to mention what the poor guy went through when his friends found out about his "moms". Yup, you guessed it, he ran away from home about a thousand times, battled substance, spent time in jail, and tried to commit suicide! I believe that people have a right to exist as they are but where children are concerned, its not about whats best or what should be allowed for the parents. To many people overlook what effect it has on kids!

no photo
Sun 08/24/08 02:30 PM
Its an interesting question and one that does tend to hold the imagination captive! The problem is any time you introduce a new species, the weaker will always be wiped out. I guess I wonder who is stonger, people or dinosaurs. Who do you think would win? Are you thinking in terms of bringing all of them back or just a select few? There is also the possibility of introducing a disease they may or may not carry. It would be cool though wouldn't it! Its to bad that really cool science gets warped and twisted by a small number of people.

no photo
Sun 08/10/08 02:59 PM
I know what you are getting at, I like playing covers too, its just the people that make a career out of other peoples music that drive me stupid! I like to have some beers and cut loose in the basement too but I also realize that if I want to pursue a career, I need to rely on my own talent. Look at that Puffy Combs or what ever he has changed his name to now. Have you ever heard him release something that he has actually written! He rides coat tales and has no business calling himself a pro! I wouldn't mind if he did stuff like that in his own basement with good friends but he chose to put it to disk and release it for money! He shouldn't ge a dime out of stealing from someone else! Hip Hop artists seem to be the worst for this kind of thing for some reason. The nerve of some dough head to make a dance version of smells like teen spirit, what kind of garbage is that! Using samples should be considered a copyright violation.

no photo
Sat 07/26/08 04:07 AM
Well, goodnight all, my comp seems to be having a **** fit so I'll drop by in the morning.drinker :banana: drinker :banana:

no photo
Sat 07/26/08 03:47 AM

Why do women rip through a mans past without mercy and without ever giving up secrets of their own? We never say how we feel you say, well you never open up either! why the double standard where the past is concerned?

Because they are nosy :wink:
Ever notice when they are left alone that they will go through every drawer looking for something to attack you with...explode

Yup!!! LMAOdrinker drinker drinker There are things that girls just kind of do that we expect and there are things that women do and say that we would be wise to pay attention to!

no photo
Sat 07/26/08 03:44 AM

Okay so out with it then! I guess i wasn't really asking women why they don't spill their secrets, I was sort of using inuendo to ask if it was okay to withold some of mine! One person came to the table with specifics so I will too I guess. Violence is in my past and I had to bid farewell to a higher than average amount of people due to various reasons. One of which was a woman I loved a great deal who was murdered and the rest your run of the mill OD, suicide, car accident that kind of thing. I don't like speaking of Tiffany but I'm torn between honesty and lying. Is it lying to not want to talk about murder and death? I don't know but I guess I would like some kind of reason to leave it behind and not talk about it with new partners. Is that wrong?

I assumed that you were speaking of break-ups and things of that nature. In regard to painful subjects, you have every right to not want to revisit it. Any woman, with compassion, is going to understand that you don't want to talk about it.

secrets take many forms sweet! Which ones can be kept in private without being a **** and which ones are relevant to honesty in dating? I like to think of myself as an honest and good person even if I am a bachelor and a bit of a **** from time to time but some things I would like to leave behind!

no photo
Sat 07/26/08 03:38 AM

I beleive the best way to handle questions about past relationships, is to simply state that it is not a part of the present.

That sounds like a great idea sweet but given my nature like I was saying earlier, I'm honest to the point of being brutal and I feel like I'm being a liar and a ****. What is relevant and what can be left behind. As a woman, what types of things do you feel you have a right to know about the men you date?

no photo
Sat 07/26/08 03:33 AM
Okay so out with it then! I guess i wasn't really asking women why they don't spill their secrets, I was sort of using inuendo to ask if it was okay to withold some of mine! One person came to the table with specifics so I will too I guess. Violence is in my past and I had to bid farewell to a higher than average amount of people due to various reasons. One of which was a woman I loved a great deal who was murdered and the rest your run of the mill OD, suicide, car accident that kind of thing. I don't like speaking of Tiffany but I'm torn between honesty and lying. Is it lying to not want to talk about murder and death? I don't know but I guess I would like some kind of reason to leave it behind and not talk about it with new partners. Is that wrong?

no photo
Sat 07/26/08 03:22 AM
Your a gem sweet!

no photo
Sat 07/26/08 03:21 AM

A fair and true statement, I guess maybe I shouldn't have made it gender specific but I get told I'm honest to the point of being brutal! When someone asks me a question in private, I answer. I didn't really mean to put a sex overtone on the conversation, but I guess thats how it came out though. I was sort of shooting for general but now that you mention it, thats usually what a new parter goes fishing for man or woman. Okay, rephrase! Are you totally honest with your partner about who you are and where you've been when you enter into a new relationship? Hows that?

To answer your question, no I don't spill all my secrets, especially sexual, to every guy I date. My sexual and romantic past is none of their business, except so far as to say I don't have and never have had an std. But, to be fair, I don't ask questions about their sexual/romantic past either. Why, because it's in the past where it belongs.

But, I have a question for you. Why do you assume that all the women are lying? Maybe, there really isn't anything to tell?

Thats an honest question. I don't assume that women are lying, I just think that at times they aren't sharing period! Thats not to say that I think every women I meet is some kind of raging demon mind you LOL! Far from it! Maybe its just how my life played out and I want some kind of permision to maybe not lie about it like you ask but maybe to not talk about it period! sometimes things are painfull and for all those people who love to say get over it, well thats hard to do when there is a new partner always going digging for it don't you think?

no photo
Sat 07/26/08 03:07 AM

My point and I think Peccy's point, is the past is just that and simply not relevent to a present realtionship. What's to be gained by going over all the details of past realtionships?

Thats what I was asking though, I'm with you to a certain extent that the past is the past but I've never dated a women that would let that past be! Don't you find it odd that only a handfull of women have come to the table to speak their mind while the rest just hover? I just checked and over 300 people have viewed this thread but only what, four, maybe five women have been strong enough to discuss it? Thats kind of my point! I'm with you that the past is the past but again, thats why I'm asking, I've never dated a women with that philosophy! The few that have posted are rare gems indeed and hats off to you! The ones that are hovering without posting are the ones I'm asking I think!

no photo
Sat 07/26/08 02:52 AM

Some past issues come up naturally, legal issues I know to be a big one...well at least a lot of women ask me about them...must be the look.smokin

Legal issues are fair and square, if you have a criminal history its pretty much manditory you fess up! I'm being more general than that! Good statement though!

no photo
Sat 07/26/08 02:50 AM
Their is always the get to know each other conversation that happens when you date someone new but what is relevant and what is the past that can be left behind? If you don't tell somebody about something and they find out later then its this big OMG I can't believe you didn't tell me!

no photo
Sat 07/26/08 02:41 AM

I think a better question is, who cares about the past? I don't believe that it is relevent to the present. JMO.

Thats kind of my point, the women I've dated would beg to differ or though it would seem for if I don't answer their questions, then I'm a liar and a ****! Does that past matter, how much have you asked the men in your life about their past? Did you let them off the hook if the gave you a cagey reply?

no photo
Sat 07/26/08 02:33 AM
Edited by theotherbachelor on Sat 07/26/08 02:35 AM

Hostile spin?

Just replying to being called bitter Peccy. I'm not a bitter person at all, in fact, I'm pretty mellow and happy. The fact that everyone seems to say the past is the past and it doesn't matter is what gave rise to my original question. Well, I guess maybe a slightly altered version of my opening is why do women go digging into mens past so heavily if it doesn't matter? Not that I have drastic secrets mind you as I have never cheated, struck, or harmed any woman in my entire life! I just partied a lot when I was young!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13