no photo
Mon 07/14/08 11:23 PM
OK, my friend and I are having this conversation about belief and facing the truth of what one believes. The basis for what we are talking about is based in human ability. One takes for granted the ability to calculate math, sense the world around us, have a sense of self, converse and interact but is this where it stops? Is it possible for people to exhibit such abilities as telepathy, empathy, dream walk, and other psychic abilities. At one point is a persons skill an act of how god created somebody and at what point is it basic unexplored human ability? Could these things be examples of the ever elusive term of genius? Are they examples of evolution or dormant and undiscovered abilities? Are these things available to regular people? Do they exist at all? Or, are they examples of evidence of the divine?

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 03:01 PM
Edited by theotherbachelor on Sun 07/06/08 03:02 PM
I'm not sure if I would "live" in any one place. If I had enough money, I would "live" on the road. Granted I would love to be able to return to Florida. There is to much to see and do to stay locked into one place though!

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 01:58 PM
Hope you have a speedy recovery!

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 02:31 AM

I have to take off for a bit but I will check in a little later on and see whats been posted. I'm pretty starved for new guitar players these days. Thanks to those who post!

You may have also heard of John Williams and Julian Brim theses are guitar gurus . Went in late 80s and formed a band called SKY if you haven't heard them you should. As for the history if you send me an E mail I will let you have some documents of the evolution of the Lute in the morish to Spanish transition you may like to study
In addition where the Flamenco originated and the different styles such as Soliares, Bulurias, Tangos, and so on
Let me know
I was also going to suggest Andre Segovia the Spanish virtuoso who until age of 86 produced world class recordings and the current USA musician Christopher Parkening was taught by him for many years before being recognized

Robert man, a historian and a musician! cool! Keep it coming!

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 02:28 AM

a good game man!! even if we are the only ones who understand what just happened!
laugh Phew, I need a break LOLlaugh

laugh I feel like I been on a psychiatrists couch laugh

laugh I need a cigarette now LOLlaugh

LMAO we need beachfarmer to throw his two cents in!!

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 02:18 AM
a good game man!! even if we are the only ones who understand what just happened!

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 02:16 AM

omg.....as i see it..this thread is swaying..soon to be completely off topic...

how about just come out with the real question that one wants answered....laugh

simple....

these long winded paragraphs are like.....Fishing...

what is the real question for Mirror (Lee)...

I've already asked him the question I stated earlier and he pinned it on a fellow named Peccy. The question is what is his angle and what is he hiding or showing for the first time?

When a person feels it is his right to insist on knowing another person's business, it is usually becasue he is avoiding with dealing with what is going on within his own self.flowerforyou

Spoken in love...something to considerflowerforyou

I don't think it is my right to know mirror, I only wanted to ask him some pointed questions. With regards to avoiding what is going on inside me, its not that I am avoiding, I am seeking people like mirror who are not afraid. maybe only he will understand what I mean by that but real thinkers exixst in silence. Mirror knows what I mean if the rest of you don't. If you don't believe me, ask mirror..

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 02:10 AM
there you have it man, love by all! You are a trippy guy!!!!!

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 02:06 AM

simple....

I've already asked him the question I stated earlier and he pinned it on a fellow named Peccy. The question is what is his angle and what is he hiding or showing for the first time?
flowerforyou I'll have to think about that and get back to you, thats some deep stufflaugh

No worries man, Round one!!!!! there are thinkers amoung us. far more intruiging than memorizers by far!!!

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 02:03 AM

He's an FBI and CIA agent and can't talk about a lot of things....

He has a lot of time on his hands..lmao...

So he hangs out here with all the others who have the abilitay to be here when ever...

What is the question?????????

I can't remember, I'm into the beers and I forgot!

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 02:02 AM

do you take a stance on anything? Or is shock your main toy? Talkers talk but do you actually do?
happy I try to come up with questions that are interesting or amusing happy

I don't know if I buy that! You seem to be fishing for something in particular. Is it vindication for something you believe and are to afraid to admit, hoping others will admit it for you? or are you a psych major running a little study on dating sites?
happy There really is no rhyme nor reason to the questions.happy Just trying to stir things up happy

In a way, I kind of buy that but at the same time.....I like to stir the pot too but I always have some kind of angle. Whats your? People can see that your hiding!
happy I didnt really start making my own threads until about a month agohappy Im just making up for lost time I supposehappy Maybe its an attention thinghappy

That might be the case, but something made you start posting questions that at times shock or suprise. Sometimes they make you stop and think and somtimes they shock outright. me, I don't know if I buy into the MirrorMirror avtar because for all your shock value, you always have kind words in the posts of others. YOU HAVE AN ANGLE
happy Peccy was the question guy but he left and I decided to take overhappy

I could take that statement in a number of ways!
a) your trying to dodge the original question of whats your story.
b) Your trying to divert attention from the fact that you don't want the attention you have suddenly discovered you have.. or
c) after deciding to exist in cyberspace, you have discovered that even there, you don't really think and believe what you want people to think you believe.

again.... whats your story?

I perceive you are asking MirrorMirror a question , that really is meant to be directed towards you.flowerforyou

MirrorMirror is a kind loving gentle soul, loved by all....and everybody enjoys and loves him .

If there was a hidden agenda on his part, we would have surely picked it up by now.

I myself, see none.flowerforyou

Other dating forums limit the amount of threads that can be created per day. The reason? If your name is on every thread it will make you very popular amongst those who are new, who only lurk or perhaps amongst regular forum users.

Is this Mirror's objective? Doubt it, he is already very popular and beloved. Still I think his massive spamming of questions is a horrible thing to do to other users whose threads were pushed off the main page. Oh well....laugh

Edit: Just want to add that his question (some at least) are very good. I just wish he was a bit more selective as some are even dumber than my threads. laugh

I don't think mirror's objective is fame, I just think that there is a thinker amoung us!!!! they are rare and should be noticed! Mirror, upon realizing just how well known you are, do you have anything more of substance to ask?
happy I think a LOT laugh

I can tell you think a lot!! that is why I started this thread. What is the difference between what you are thinking and what you are asking? Your getting called by another thinker friend!!!! LMAO

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 02:00 AM

simple....

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 01:57 AM

do you take a stance on anything? Or is shock your main toy? Talkers talk but do you actually do?

I don't know if I buy that! You seem to be fishing for something in particular. Is it vindication for something you believe and are to afraid to admit, hoping others will admit it for you? or are you a psych major running a little study on dating sites?
happy There really is no rhyme nor reason to the questions.happy Just trying to stir things up happy

In a way, I kind of buy that but at the same time.....I like to stir the pot too but I always have some kind of angle. Whats your? People can see that your hiding!
happy I didnt really start making my own threads until about a month agohappy Im just making up for lost time I supposehappy Maybe its an attention thinghappy

That might be the case, but something made you start posting questions that at times shock or suprise. Sometimes they make you stop and think and somtimes they shock outright. me, I don't know if I buy into the MirrorMirror avtar because for all your shock value, you always have kind words in the posts of others. YOU HAVE AN ANGLE

b) Your trying to divert attention from the fact that you don't want the attention you have suddenly discovered you have.. or
c) after deciding to exist in cyberspace, you have discovered that even there, you don't really think and believe what you want people to think you believe.

I perceive you are asking MirrorMirror a question , that really is meant to be directed towards you.flowerforyou

MirrorMirror is a kind loving gentle soul, loved by all....and everybody enjoys and loves him .

If there was a hidden agenda on his part, we would have surely picked it up by now.

I myself, see none.flowerforyou

Other dating forums limit the amount of threads that can be created per day. The reason? If your name is on every thread it will make you very popular amongst those who are new, who only lurk or perhaps amongst regular forum users.

Is this Mirror's objective? Doubt it, he is already very popular and beloved. Still I think his massive spamming of questions is a horrible thing to do to other users whose threads were pushed off the main page. Oh well....laugh

Edit: Just want to add that his question (some at least) are very good. I just wish he was a bit more selective as some are even dumber than my threads. laugh

I don't think mirror's objective is fame, I just think that there is a thinker amoung us!!!! they are rare and should be noticed! Mirror, upon realizing just how well known you are, do you have anything more of substance to ask?

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 01:54 AM

Should I let you off the hook? maybe.... I'm not sure though. People don't suprise me very much and I'm not backing off the idea that you have some private idea spinning in you head... should I let you off the hook this time? maybe, other people, myself included get a kick out of what your going to say next, sometimes you have to do some talking of your own though!!!!
:smile: Actually, I find what your asking very interesting.:smile: I really havent thought about it much.:smile: This has become sort of an addiction/habit:smile:

I realize that i don't know you at all, but what I figure is you are an inquiring mind period. You read what is put to you and you sometimes you reply with kind words and other times you stir the pot. why you go in any given direction is a mystery that only you know. But that my friend is what makes me so curious. People never question anything, they just blindly accept until somebody like us points out the painfully obvious. Should we end up the focus of other people? should we be seen as the same thing as the questions we are asking? The ability to separate oneself from what it is we are thinking about is rare! so are you in fact a hedonistic malcontent or maybe an academic just wondering how people will respond to a given set of circumstances? do you yourself believe in the things you ask of other people?

You are projecting onto MirrorMirror what is going on in yourself.

If you were sincere in wanting to know MirrorMirror's "agenda", you could have privately emailed him.

The one with the hidden agenda is you , sir.flowerforyou

I don't think I have a hidden agenda at all! I ask what I wonder and I read what is said in reply. Mirror suprises me thats all! Not to many people do that! thinkers hover in the fringes sometimes to afraid to say what is really on their minds. Mirror says it for a lot of people, I was only wondering why his questions are at times so far fetched!

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 01:50 AM

glasses Im a perfect example of what internet addiction does to a personlaugh

I don't think you are an intenet addict at all. maybe you have found a medium to answer to a part of you that never gets to exist in the world. some people wonder what others are hiding in their profiles, for people like us, its not a matter of hiding, its a matter of showing what was hiding before!

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 01:36 AM

Should I let you off the hook? maybe.... I'm not sure though. People don't suprise me very much and I'm not backing off the idea that you have some private idea spinning in you head... should I let you off the hook this time? maybe, other people, myself included get a kick out of what your going to say next, sometimes you have to do some talking of your own though!!!!
:smile: Actually, I find what your asking very interesting.:smile: I really havent thought about it much.:smile: This has become sort of an addiction/habit:smile:

I realize that i don't know you at all, but what I figure is you are an inquiring mind period. You read what is put to you and you sometimes you reply with kind words and other times you stir the pot. why you go in any given direction is a mystery that only you know. But that my friend is what makes me so curious. People never question anything, they just blindly accept until somebody like us points out the painfully obvious. Should we end up the focus of other people? should we be seen as the same thing as the questions we are asking? The ability to separate oneself from what it is we are thinking about is rare! so are you in fact a hedonistic malcontent or maybe an academic just wondering how people will respond to a given set of circumstances? do you yourself believe in the things you ask of other people?

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 01:26 AM

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 01:19 AM

why not just have fun,and enjoy??would u rather him not do any thing just wondering,every one else enjoys what he does.

Because I'm curious so I asked him!

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 01:18 AM

no photo
Sun 07/06/08 01:10 AM

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 12 13