no photo
Sun 06/29/08 12:00 AM

that's soooooo funny! LMAO

no photo
Sat 06/28/08 07:05 PM

Maybe they deactivated.

Thats kind of why I was asking how they manage to show up as being online if they deactivated. Its not a big deal or anything, just wondering if its a bit of a bug on the new site.

no photo
Sat 06/28/08 06:58 PM
Just out of curiosity, how come profiles show as being deleted when you are browsing who is online?

no photo
Sat 06/28/08 01:31 PM
I don't think that media should be controlled per say but I do feel that the personal conduct of individual journalists needs to be reigned in. its hard for them to pretend like they have any kind of integrity when they act like bottom feeding ghouls. Nancy Grace glorifies violence and as much as she says she is reporting facts, she loves the blood more than the concept of reporting.

no photo
Sat 06/28/08 12:34 PM
Edited by theotherbachelor on Sat 06/28/08 12:48 PM
Wow, its still going huh! Cool, I'm just hovering and reading what everyone has to say on the matter! A bit of a diversion fro the original question of can religion and science co-exist inside an idividual but maybe thats my answer. There are some interesting points being made on both sides.

no photo
Sat 06/28/08 03:13 AM
Edited by theotherbachelor on Sat 06/28/08 03:15 AM

To my knowledge, sleep disorder has always been viewed as separate from other forms of mental illness. I've never heard of it being referenced with schitzphrenia before. There are some people who believe that the shadowy figure described by people is a real entity but I'm not so sure. Granted I have watched documentaries where seriously extreme cases of sleep disturbance have caused bodily injury like you describe. As far as I know, thats treated as something entirely different though. Some people even have to spend there lives in the hospital because the disturbance is so severe! Thats a whole other can of worms though. That would make for a rip roaring chat thread in the religion threads though for sure. We should start one about entities and possesions and see what people have to say!

no photo
Sat 06/28/08 02:54 AM
I have always tried to avoid any kind of medication becauase as I understand it, sleep medication is pretty addictive and I tend not to trust doctors that are really fast with a perscription pad. I'm getting to the point though that I will try just about anything. Its possible like you say about something pent up. Its hard to say because as I understand it, the underlying cause of night terrors are still a bit of a mystery.

no photo
Sat 06/28/08 02:42 AM
Edited by theotherbachelor on Sat 06/28/08 02:44 AM

...not to sound like a religious freak or anything, but have you tried rebuking Satan? If something was oppressing me, I'm pretty sure I'd try that. Of course
I'd also pray to God, especially since it's worked before. Not to mention cutting out caffeine and chocolate... at least a few hours before bed.

chocolate is one thing I know for a fact tweaks my sleep so I avoid it at all costs! I do drink a lot of coffee though not before bed. Unless I have a night terror in which case I brew a pot and settle in for a sleepless night cuz there's no way in hell I'm going back to bed for a long time! I've never tried any type of prayer although I've heard of people who say " I'm not afraid of you" over and over until they feel better.

no photo
Sat 06/28/08 02:25 AM
If it was somebody that might not be to bad but in this case its something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no photo
Sat 06/28/08 02:05 AM

Is that like Sleep Paralysis? Because oddly enough, I have had trouble with those since my 13th birthday. Wondering if there is a significance with the number 13 as I am born on the 31st of May and I hear 13 is the Devil's Number. I wake from sleep (dreams that take place in my current location at the same time of my sleep as if I was out of body) and wake to find shadowy figures standing around me, walking around my room, or demonic characters making noise and roaming around.

yes, that sounds exactly like a night terror. almost everybody who suffers from them reports some type of shadowy figure that seems to want to do them harm.

no photo
Sat 06/28/08 02:03 AM

What exactly is night terrors? ive heard of it before but im not sure what it is...

Sleep paralysis and night terrors are two different things but I get them both although the paralysis not as much as the night terrors. With sleep paralysis, its a partial waking during REM sleep. Your brain turns off your motor skills to prevent you from acting out your dreams in your sleep. when you come partially awake, you can't move or anything. Its FREAKY! A night terror is a bit different. Night terrors are accompanied by severe thrashing around and sometimes screaming outloud and most people myself included report feeling as though they were being attacked by a shadowy figure or as some would say a demon of sorts. I get this huge weight on my chest and its like something is holding me down and attacking me. Its hard to explain. Maybe somebody on here has a psychology background that can explain it better but It occers in stage 4 sleep making it different from a nightmare which can take place anytime during sleep.

no photo
Sat 06/28/08 01:36 AM
Anybody else have trouble with night terrors? Is there any way to curb them. I'm aware of what they are from a biology perspective but I was wondering if there is any way to combat them? I've tried keeping a food journal to see if there was a link between foods I ate during the day but couldn't see a pattern. I get them more than just occasionally, I usually average about four a month but it can sometimes be way higher than that. Sleep paralysis is not cool at all!!! My sleeping patterns are so screwy these days that I tend to sleep in two or three hour shifts and then i'm up for a couple hours and then crash for an hour then wake up again. It usually lasts until my system crashes (about a week or so) and then i'm down for like 14 hours sometimes more. It effects my daytime activities in a big way not just in a fatigue sense. after i have a night terror, it nags at me almost constantly. Suggestions are most welcome!

no photo
Sat 06/28/08 12:40 AM
I took a few years of classical piano when I was younger but jumped ship for guitar. I'm a sworn guitar player for life now even though at times I want to chuck it against a wall!

no photo
Fri 06/27/08 11:32 PM
this is a cool thread!!!

no photo
Fri 06/27/08 10:54 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'm not super paranoid or anything as I refuse to do online banking or anything like that. it more the idea of hackers. I'm not sure why they have to prey on small hard working people when they can have a go at large companies and get a real challenge if thats all their looking for!

no photo
Fri 06/27/08 10:49 PM
cool, I've never even heard of black ice before. I guess companies like Norton and Zone Alarm just have really shiny add huh! Enough flashy adds and people will think its perfect.

no photo
Fri 06/27/08 10:46 PM

are you looking for freeware or do you feel like paying?

as far as security goes, I don't mind paying for it if it works really well. I've been using zone alarm and it seems to work well but I was curious what else is out there.

no photo
Fri 06/27/08 10:44 PM
lmao, thats funny! I kind of like the zone alarm fire wall! Your dynamite idea sounds pretty good too though!

no photo
Fri 06/27/08 10:41 PM
I was kind of wondering what everybody's vote is for the best PC security! Any computer guru's out there?

no photo
Fri 06/27/08 10:21 PM
why don't you just hit the joke threads for bit. There's actually some pretty funny ones in there!