Community > Posts By > darkowl1

darkowl1's photo
Sun 04/05/20 01:17 PM
Thank you for digging this up.drinker

darkowl1's photo
Sun 04/05/20 01:15 PM
great people in these forums.....drinker you'll make great friends!

you might make a good connection....

darkowl1's photo
Sun 04/05/20 01:08 PM
compassion, hope for others.

darkowl1's photo
Sun 04/05/20 01:01 PM
That stuff's amazing! yum.......

pan seared brook trout.

darkowl1's photo
Sun 04/05/20 12:44 PM
Edited by darkowl1 on Sun 04/05/20 12:49 PM
Getting ready to explore my new surroundings. I've worked everyday for 3 months, and I finally have an actual day off.... The wind is howling! It's warm, dry, and sunny...The desert awaits. I think I'll walk to Arizona (it's a 1000 ft awaylaugh ), Through the town of Portal, and into the Coronado Forest Cave Creek Canyon.... Wish I could take y'all with me to see it.

darkowl1's photo
Sun 04/05/20 12:16 PM
Yum......When the bananas are new and fresh, with no spots. Gives the bread a fresher, cleaner taste to compliment the walnuts, pecans, crushed hazelnuts, and golden raisins.

Hazelnut Gelato

darkowl1's photo
Sat 04/04/20 09:37 PM
Edited by darkowl1 on Sat 04/04/20 09:41 PM
Thinking...... Thinking about how many lives are going to be completely different just by next year.... Thinking about how many just lost their businesses and others that are losing them soon, lives and dreams, loved ones, and even themselves... gone. Many homes will be vacant, blocks will be boarded up, and they already are in my town of New Orleans. Some of the Central Business District, and the French Quarter are boarded up.

They all worked so hard to get this far.... Katrina wasn't long ago....now this... and poof. We start.... again... this year? next?

This is our fourth Nola plaque since 1853. Then it was Yellow Fever. Almost 8,000 lives were lost. We might surpass this. The last plague was Bubonic plague in 1914 till 1921. The large private Ochsner Hospital that my friend works at says The mortality rate there is 60 PERCENT ALREADY..... The public hospital is higher... The public is not getting ANY of this info.... Why?

This pisses me off.

The airborne Black Death, is also classified as a possible VIRUS today. www.newscientist.com ....(NOT to be confused with Bubonic plague) amazing...

In 1347 lasted 5 to 9 years, depending where you were in the world.

so yeah. I'm thinking.

You don't deserve this. You've all worked too hard.

I'm sorry I think like this sometimes...

darkowl1's photo
Sat 04/04/20 02:23 PM
drinker yes indeed....

darkowl1's photo
Sat 04/04/20 02:13 PM
There's a constant 20-30 knot wind, ferreling through the valley, and gusts to 40-50 knots. the sun is shining, with high cirrus in the distance, and the wind chimes are urgently playing as many notes as an orchestra... an occasional duck or chicken cluck/quack...
An adequately strong dust devil is dervishing across the horizon, and erradically slapping at the desert floor, paralleling north with the mountain range, and the free range horses are at a loss of decision at being frantic or playful, or both. The donkey just bayed about two miles up wind...

It's just too windy to be on the mountain, on top of a scaffold... One of the tires on the truck just started hissing even over this wind... greeaaat....

poo.

darkowl1's photo
Sat 04/04/20 11:25 AM

Sunflowers

That's amazing... I'd love to be there in person.

darkowl1's photo
Fri 04/03/20 10:53 PM
There's no luck in hard labor. it's just life.

darkowl1's photo
Fri 04/03/20 10:43 PM
Edited by darkowl1 on Fri 04/03/20 10:45 PM
my point exactly.

but I said everything anyone would ever want to know about me in that paragraph.

darkowl1's photo
Fri 04/03/20 10:34 PM
Edited by darkowl1 on Fri 04/03/20 10:39 PM
I help others now and then, I don't ask questions, unless the question pertains to the help I'm doing.... I just help with this or that. Sometimes they ask questions, sometimes a lot of questions, in machine gun fashion, to where I can't keep up. I answer to the best of my ability, then finish the work I volunteered to do, or they asked for.
I'm not that interesting, so I can't figure out why they wanna know what, who, or why I am, or what I do. Maybe they were ex police or something and want to stay in practice.... I really don't have anything to hide, but it seems sometimes they think I do, or they wouldn't keep asking, or even demanding...

They also ask why I don't ask any questions about them. I wouldn't begin to know what they would want me to ask!... I really don't need anything from others, and I certainly don't expect it. I'm surprised when someone does something positive towards me. It happens very rarely.... I'm also very grateful... I'm happy if they think My help or work is satisfactory or even excellent to their needs, then I disappear quickly to not annoy them or anyone else. It's what I'm good for. I'm not good for anything else really at this point.

Sometimes I dream of what it would be like to be in an ancient library, with a huge fireplace in one of the rooms, with two massive wing-back chairs, and have long, fantastic, EQUAL conversations, long into the night, and have the morning sun creep up on the conversation, telling us to part ways before total sun-up.

That........ would be far more than I could ask, and I will never ask, or do it.
The old, underground Cairo library is that place. it's lost to the public.

It's the only fantasy I have left with humans, and that, it will remain.

I may talk quite a bit online, but never in person. I'm just not relationship, companionship, or even friendship material anymore, if I was ever that in the first place.

darkowl1's photo
Fri 04/03/20 02:04 PM

I have found that people who have their turn signal on for three miles aren't really intending to change lanes.

I have also found that people put their signal on after changing lanes for some reason.

Turn signals seem optional in Florida...laugh

darkowl1's photo
Fri 04/03/20 02:01 PM
I think you can ask most of the women here, and they would tell you that "control" might be a bad idea... dominance, sure, if they can keep it in the bedroom, but absolute power corrupts absolutely.... control can be an entirely different matter. just sayin.

darkowl1's photo
Thu 04/02/20 10:43 PM
Edited by darkowl1 on Thu 04/02/20 10:46 PM
Wagner

damn, I was on the first page... rushed for timelaugh

darkowl1's photo
Thu 04/02/20 09:43 PM

I liked all of them, but I liked watching "Return Of The King" the most. lot's of high points, and lot's of "how are they gonna get outa this" type stuff.

excellent FX effects as well.

Agreed :thumbsup_tone1: "Return of the king" was definitely the best of trilogy. Epic battles and epic twists.

Yes Indeed. and that's a kick-ax profile pic idea you got there.drinker

darkowl1's photo
Thu 04/02/20 09:38 PM
A clean faded black 4x Shirt that has turned to rags. I travel the world in these, and I'm left alone because of my appearance. New Orleans Saints faded work out shorts.

darkowl1's photo
Thu 04/02/20 09:04 PM
Rhonda? off Essex St.?

darkowl1's photo
Thu 04/02/20 09:01 PM
I liked all of them, but I liked watching "Return Of The King" the most. lot's of high points, and lot's of "how are they gonna get outa this" type stuff.

excellent FX effects as well.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25