Community > Posts By > DestinysDream

DestinysDream's photo
Thu 09/11/08 06:02 PM

can we not do testimonials anymore?

That had me going to but yes you can.

First the person you want to leave a testimonial to turns the option on. Edit the profile and they can flip the switch. Next the post testimonial button changed position, its in the middle of the screen at the bottom of their profile page instead of the left side.

DestinysDream's photo
Thu 09/11/08 02:19 AM
Thank you, I will have to look for it. This was a very easy read. I loved it.

DestinysDream's photo
Thu 09/11/08 02:17 AM
Edited by DestinysDream on Thu 09/11/08 02:22 AM

(((gamma))) ok but I know I'm going to end up arguing about it...

they say... arguing on the computer is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded...

Excuse me...Not a very nice thing to say.

I agree but she's still a very nice person. I have never seen her ever get angry, sad, rude, or anything. I am sure she meant nothing by it. I can say to other men that she is on my "recommended" list of people to talk with as is Tina.

DestinysDream's photo
Thu 09/11/08 02:01 AM

I just looked up the regs yesterday because I'm flying in a few weeks. No liquid over 3.4 oz in your carry on but you can put it in checked luggage. The rest is here...

http://www.nwa.com/travel/luggage/restricted.html

but I guess you will have to check with your airline.

I pay attention to the changes when I hear it on the news but don't keep up with it as I haven't travelled by plane in so long. I'll check out the link. Thanks again. This has to be like clockwork or else. It makes me nervous which isn't good if you are going through the security. whoa

DestinysDream's photo
Thu 09/11/08 01:56 AM

Generally it is pretty simple.

Don't lock your bag and make sure it is under the size and weight limit.

For carryon All liquids have to be in 1 ounce bottle or less and then all of it has to be in a quart size zip lock baggie.

No sizzors, clippers and anything sharp like a knife. Surprizingly you can ( or at least could last holiday season. )carry on a plastic crochet hook and yarn.

Were slip on shoes or shoes you can remove from a standing position there are proably not going to be a chair and they security people will not assist you if you are infirm and have balance problems.

You will have to have a photo ID either a driver's license or a state Id from the DMV. NO EXCEPTIONS.

YOu have to open all computer and cameras ect. be prepared to put all your metal in a bowel (keys, change, jewlery.

Really the bottle stuff is not a big deal because all hotels give you a complimentary toiletry bag if you ask for it on check in. If you want to wait an hour or more the airline customer service has them also.

If you try to be "social" with the security people they are going to select you for additional screening so just be business like, quiet, and follow the signs and you can get through pretty quick. It is rare but if you get someone with an attitude DO NOT adopt one yourself because they can and will prevent you from making your flight. Most of the time these people are considerate and make every effort to respect your modesty.

Arrive at least an hour before departure time on your ticket.

Usually screening is just being wanded or lightly patted down and walking through a machine that shows through your clothes and sniffs out any chemical smells. If you have deicer on your hands, gloves, or cuffs of your coat the sensors will pick it up and you get to be checked out my secuity dogs. Don't be stupid and think you will get any kind of drug past because it is NOT going to happen.

If you are disabled use a wheel chair or crutches it takes a little longer but they are pretty nice about it if it is a manual chair. You CAN NOT take a battery operated scooter on board and you can just about bet they will damage it if you try to check it in the baggage compartment as they try to disassemble it. YOu are better off to contact the local Independent Living Center and have them direct you to a reputable equipment rental after you leave the airport area in a manual chair. Many times handicapped ramps are not the shortest distance so allow extra time and take your own aid and attendant. Airport "helpers" frequently speak limited English and know very little about the lay out of the Airport. Do NOT expect to be able to have carry on oxygen even if you have made prior arrangements and have a doctors statement that it is a medical necessity. Tip put address lables on all durable medical equipment parts because sometimes foot pegs or extendar bars on wheel locks are seperated from the wheel-chair while it is being stowed. Usually they will loose your chair cushion and or handel it improperly and damage it.

The big surprize is now they charge you for pillows, a blanket, meals and or drinks, even water and you have to have exact change. None of it is cheap. Some of the snack boxes are good some are salty and stale. You can however buy food once you are in the terminal and carry it on.

I would suggest that you dress in layers because if you get stalled on the flight line it will be either uncomfortably hot or cold so it helps to be adaptable. Most planes are booked to capacity or over so expect to wait to get to the bathroom.

If you are unfortuneate and become ill in the process of your travel don't wait until you are in dire straights to ask for assistance. All airports have Travelors Aid, Red Cross, or at least a customer service office. If you are military or military dependant go to the USO that is in Every major airport. If you are too sick to continue your flight but do not need emergency room care you can usually go to any major hotel via a shuttle bus for free in the USA. Once you are checked in to a paid room the shuttle service will usually drive you to a local hospital or clinic. If you are a veteran the VA provides a shuttle. The call nurse 800 service on your insurance can be a great resource in a minor crisis. Or the United way Help Line which is nation wide. The important thing is to stay calm and stay sober.

If you have a mass transit bus card it is reciprocal to all other mass transits Nationwide. The same is true for the Disabled Assist buses but you may have to wait 24 hours to get scheduled if you have not already done it via the computer or long distance phone. This can save you a fortune in cab fair.

The best tip is if you MUST travel heavy to mail your stuff to your destination and or home from your hotel rather than drag it through the airport or pay stiff charges if you are over-loaded. Most hotels will accept packages mailed to you care of the Conseirge. You can spend the extra bucks to have Fed Ex or other package service but United States post office is sufficient and usually cheaper and more dependable than the airlines handleing extra bags.

Also do not wrap anything for the holidays because you will have to unwrap it. If you have small items in several ziplock bags it makes it easier for security to quickly scan your bag and get it all back in.

For those who are traveling without absolute time crunches if you arrive early as the gate opens and are the first to volunteer to be bumped from your flight if need be to the next you can still negotiate to be compensated with a free round trip ticket and a meal coupon on some of your carriers. If you are bumped off the last flight of the day they also have to provide you with room accomodations and they are usually not always a 4 star hotels downtown where the piolets and air crews stay so a very nice perk for say a single travelor who is prepared with a small carry on. Happy Traveling

Awesome post and thank you for answering most of my questions / fears. drinker drinker

I am worried as I have 1.5 hours to make to a connecting flight. They will only give me an e-ticket (I have never used one before). They are saying I need to go to the airline ticket counter to get the boarding pass. After check in with the second airline I have to go back through security again. They are saying I have plenty of time. I hope so....thanks again!

DestinysDream's photo
Thu 09/11/08 01:20 AM
This seems like the best place for this. I'm reading this book written by a Toltec story keeper. This website is based on its teachings and encapsulates it pretty well. It's a great book. http://www.toltecspirit.com/

"The Four Agreements" by don Miguel Ruiz gives four principles to practice in order to create love and happiness in your life.

Adopting and committing to these agreements is simple. Actually living and keeping these four agreements can be one of the hardest things you will ever do. It can also be one of he most life changing things you will ever do.

1. Be Impeccable with your Word:
Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Don’t Take Anything Personally:
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.

3. Don’t Make Assumptions:
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always Do Your Best:
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret."

DestinysDream's photo
Thu 09/11/08 12:07 AM
I saw one on here the other night. I'm sure you will find many as they are proud of their firefighting also. It's time for my midnight stroll now.

I have to lose 8 more pounds. I got a little nuts with the bagels and cream cheese. LOL!

DestinysDream's photo
Wed 09/10/08 11:58 PM

Are you here to date? Have fun? Or whine and moan? Do you think someone wants to date someone who whines and moans at others?

Post! Post! Post! But don't whine, moan, argue, criticize, tell us you are not over someone, are giving up or don't know where the "real" ones are. Your dates will likely continue to be with losers. That's who you will be attracting.

I know many don't give a crap (that's just how some are) but this had to be said. The pessimism of many older posters is spilling over onto new posters. That's why many are asking what happened to the forums. This place has become a support group.

Show everyone you are worth talking to and people will approach you. Be funny, casual, caring, loving or whatever you want in someone.

PS: There are some fantastic people here who have been posting for quite awhile. Search those people out. Remember your future boyfriend / girlfriend / wife or husband could be reading your words. Attract them and don't detract from yourself. You can find them here.

I totally agree with you.
I will admit I used to be like that.
I was very pessimistic about dating after past relationships and it really screwed me over.

I think over the time I've spent being single I've come to terms with myself and no longer am like that. My previous relationships are done and over with, so no reason to bring them back up. Time to move on and keep my spirits up and find that special someone.

I'm not giving up now, because I've come a long way over the past 10 months.

Welcome to the forums and I hope you do continue to post. I have told others each post is like a billboard showing your name in lights to others. There are many here who do not post and only look. Your attractive words will attract others. It may be only a view of your profile but eventually someone will reach out. You will find her if you are honest and communicate.

DestinysDream's photo
Wed 09/10/08 11:39 PM

<<<---New here.

<<--See the date joined?
<<--See the number of posts?

Be patient and forgiving with newbies.
:wink: bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

I like it! bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

DestinysDream's photo
Wed 09/10/08 11:37 PM

Advice to nobodys? I don't see any new people on here tonite?

I think everyone here can do some self-reflection on what I wrote. Look at your posts lately. Are you overly negative? Or is it a once in a blue moon thing?

We all need help from our down days. Message your friends, try to keep it off the boards. If you really need a pat on the back then definitely post but don't make it a normal thing.

What if you called your friend up and they moaned or *****ed about something every time? Yes, you care about your friend but at some point you are not going to be calling.

DestinysDream's photo
Wed 09/10/08 11:18 PM
Edited by DestinysDream on Wed 09/10/08 11:20 PM
Are you here to date? Have fun? Or whine and moan? Do you think someone wants to date someone who whines and moans at others?

Post! Post! Post! But don't whine, moan, argue, criticize, tell us you are not over someone, are giving up or don't know where the "real" ones are. Your dates will likely continue to be with losers. That's who you will be attracting.

I know many don't give a crap (that's just how some are) but this had to be said. The pessimism of many older posters is spilling over onto new posters. That's why many are asking what happened to the forums. This place has become a support group.

Show everyone you are worth talking to and people will approach you. Be funny, casual, caring, loving or whatever you want in someone.

PS: There are some fantastic people here who have been posting for quite awhile. Search those people out. Remember your future boyfriend / girlfriend / wife or husband could be reading your words. Attract them and don't detract from yourself. You can find them here.

DestinysDream's photo
Wed 09/10/08 10:34 PM

Can someone fill me in on the procedure? I have not traveled by air since the new rules went down.

Has anyone had any problems?

(Oh and my ex broke up a middle eastern terrorist organization but I will save that story for another time.)

You apparently do not take airport security seriously the way you come on here and patronize it.......

Why would I ask the question then......? Hmmm..

DestinysDream's photo
Wed 09/10/08 10:16 PM
What the hell is a chat date? Not trying to mock you but never heard of that.

I'm guessing you asked someone to be online at a certain time and they couldn't make it. Is that out of rudeness? Maybe they don't attach that much importance to the event. Find out and don't get so pissy, people do have other things in life going on. Show them you are a good matured person....if you are.

DestinysDream's photo
Wed 09/10/08 10:08 PM
I'm thinking a white terry cloth robe. I will flash them at the checkpoint and then relax on the flight.

DestinysDream's photo
Wed 09/10/08 10:06 PM
Thanks for the responses. Can I have over 4 ozs of liquid, toothpaste etc. if it is in my checked bags??? or will they take a robot and blow my luggage up on the runway after shutting the airport down? (That would be kinda embarassing!)

I am afraid I will show up and they will say..."is that an iPod nano? Sorry can't take it with you."

DestinysDream's photo
Wed 09/10/08 09:54 PM

Awesome! I think I recall you were having problems(if not you someone else).

I tried to jump start a girl's car once. I got the cables reversed and fried her alternator. frustrated "Ok turn it over! What's that smell? It's like something's burning."

Her folks owned an auto shop...still that was that. She returned the favor by making love to someone while I was in the same tent at the Salton Sea. She now has 4 kids from 4 husbands and lives in a camper.
YUP iT was mE & my BAD DATE! laugh

Thought so! Well, now you can date away jerk after jerk and just stick them with the bill! Start with a lobster dinner, move on to some expensive wine....then go powder that nose.

Vroom, vroom!

You go girl!

DestinysDream's photo
Wed 09/10/08 09:52 PM
Can someone fill me in on the procedure? I have not traveled by air since the new rules went down.

Has anyone had any problems?

(Oh and my ex broke up a middle eastern terrorist organization but I will save that story for another time.)

DestinysDream's photo
Wed 09/10/08 09:47 PM
Awesome! I think I recall you were having problems(if not you someone else).

I tried to jump start a girl's car once. I got the cables reversed and fried her alternator. frustrated "Ok turn it over! What's that smell? It's like something's burning."

Her folks owned an auto shop...still that was that. She returned the favor by making love to someone while I was in the same tent at the Salton Sea. She now has 4 kids from 4 husbands and lives in a camper.

DestinysDream's photo
Wed 09/10/08 09:21 PM
Bloody hell! Bleck! I'm just reliving having my wisdom teeth removed and not enough Novocaine. SOB that hurts! He stopped midway and asked if I was in pain or should he keep going. OWWW!!! Real men don't need anesthetics. *My a$$ they don't!!*

Root canal? never had one.

DestinysDream's photo
Wed 09/10/08 09:11 PM
I love it thank you! I never heard of the artist or song.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25