Community > Posts By > DestinysDream

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 09/08/08 10:27 PM
Get technical and ask them questions.

OR

Slow things way down and treat them like they are idiots. I did that on the phone troubleshooting.
Me: "Now there should be a button on the CD drive. Do you see it?"
"Yes."
Me: "Press the button and a tray will open up. Now let me know after you are done. Hang on, I'll be right back."
*5 min. later.*
"Let me talk to your manager!"
Me: "Not a problem let me transfer you over."
<CLICK>
Me: "Hello? Oh darn I lost them."

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 09/08/08 10:20 PM

sexy:tongue: you know how bad I want youlove love love love love love

Talk to the hand! Talk to the hand! shocked

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 09/01/08 06:24 PM
Edited by DestinysDream on Mon 09/01/08 06:26 PM

I'd move to them, wouldn't expect someone with kids to move too me.

I was willing to do that but I was going to school for two more years. She didn't want to maintain a LDR for that long. It's been some time but as far as I know she has been dating locals only. I found someone else and I hope she has too. This thread is due to another thread where you and others stated children don't affect LDR. They do.

Edit: I should also say it is funny how things turn out as I am happier than ever before. Never give up.

If you are in an LDR, ask your kids how they feel about moving. Don't guess.

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 09/01/08 05:51 PM
Lets say your kids were aged 10 and 12 years old. You met someone and they want you to move 1500 miles away to continue your relationship. Until now, everything has shown you this person is "the one". The kids don't want to move because of friends and school.

Would you move?
If you were not willing to move, do you think your decision affect your long distance relationship?

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 09/01/08 04:26 PM

If it were any other time in the past, I would definitely rule a LDR out.. reasons being..younger children ect..

That is what I tried to infer in my post here. http://www.justsayhi.com/topic/show/161279
I understand your reasoning and think it is a proactive farsighted decision. Not one based merely upon the moment.

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 09/01/08 11:29 AM

loved someone so much it hurt, were sure she was the one, but you think that your being afraid of committal may have spooked her?

I would tell her to keep walking. I would tell the guy to get his head straight and not fall in love with someone unless he was ready to commit to someone.

A certain amount of fear in a commitment is natural. Communicating being frightened is a good thing. If she was spooked we're likely talking about a man who said he wasn't ready to commit. His reason was his fear. He broke it off at that point. He is not ready for a relationship at that level.

I believe in a healthy relationship the woman would admit she was also fearful of the unknown. The couple would comfort and reassure one another. Why didn't that happen? Irregardless it's time to move on or cool things down.

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 09/01/08 02:33 AM
drinker Looks good

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 09/01/08 02:31 AM
At least you aren't into scat or some odd fetish. I get the impression you are not serious about finding someone right now.

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 09/01/08 12:48 AM

For the first date Passing gas would we the worst!!!!! lol

I think I found match for you. whoa
http://mingle2.com/topic/show/160864

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 09/01/08 12:18 AM
I blew it with a woman because I misinterpreted what she said to me in writing. It was kind of funny in a way.

She didn't want to meet. She told me about another male she met when she wasn't ready. According to her she kept the guy around only as a friend even though he would never work out as a boyfriend (because he had insisted on meeting her). Yeah...kinda weird...

She wrote something like: "Do you want me to treat you like him? Do you?"

I took it as a threat/insult and let her know I didn't appreciate it. She meant it as a reason why we shouldn't meet so soon. Whoops...end of friendship. (Does this story make sense? I found it very confusing at the time too. *shrugs*).

DestinysDream's photo
Sun 08/31/08 05:14 PM

There is only so many times a man will make the attempt and then they will give up. I don't know the particulars but the same is true for women. Put yourself in his shoes, how would you feel? What would you do?

I do not know what you should do but I will say G/L! I think you don't know either as your thoughts seem to be mixed. That usually means think about it more.

Yes, you are right, I am a little wishy washy on this one...that is part of my personality....Pieces/Aquarius..I guess...I wish I knew for sure, does anyone??

Yes, my advice is not to ask us hon but ask yourself what you want. You know the man and yourself. It is your life. Personally, I would go to a place where I could think and be alone. You could go for a walk, go for a road trip, sit at a park, etc. Sometimes getting out of your environment where you are all the time helps tremendously. Anywho...I wish you can find the best answer for yourself.

DestinysDream's photo
Sun 08/31/08 05:07 PM

When is it appropriate to say you love someone? Thoughts, concerns or idle gossip welcomeflowerforyou

Tell them you love them when you feel it. Except once you tell someone things can change so be ready. I mean the person could retreat, or approach or just say "that's nice". Either way you are putting it out there and will be in a vulnerable position.

I met a woman who told me she could not love. She was right. She could not get close to someone allowing herself to fall in love. She could only get so far and then slammed on the brakes. I feel sorry for her, she is out there interested only in sex not love. She is a very nice woman but she has issues I'm afraid.

I heard a rumor some girl is going to meet some guy very soon(no it's not me). She is madly in love. I hope things work out for her. I heard another rumor that a couple here never met but told others they had. I don't know why or if true. One woman I know fell for this other guy and fell in love, she was going to move out there and everything. Then she got a pic of his local girlfriend giving felatio. The two women fought through text messages for some time. All for love....love does goofy things.

DestinysDream's photo
Sun 08/31/08 04:47 PM

I only get my sacks at Wal Mart.

They are pushing meat now too. I just saw a commercial.

DestinysDream's photo
Sun 08/31/08 04:45 PM
There is only so many times a man will make the attempt and then they will give up. I don't know the particulars but the same is true for women. Put yourself in his shoes, how would you feel? What would you do?

I do not know what you should do but I will say G/L! I think you don't know either as your thoughts seem to be mixed. That usually means think about it more.

DestinysDream's photo
Sun 08/31/08 02:38 PM
The good guys go pretty fast I'm afraid. *blows on nails* tongue2 rofl

Most guys do want sex. Most humans do in fact. If they are pawing you then the are over the line. If they are bringing up the subject to see how you feel it's fair I believe. What the site needs is more gentlemen and less steroid driven meat puppets...unfortunately many women go for those type of bad boys. It's like reinforcing a bad habit in a dog they won't change. You'll have to put up with it in some men I'm afraid.

DestinysDream's photo
Sun 08/31/08 01:45 PM
Delta of Venus by Anaïs Nin
The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
Parrot in the Oven by Victor Martinez

DestinysDream's photo
Sun 08/31/08 12:06 PM

Debbie, hope you get that truck fixed. It's an awful idea to be on a first date when you don't have a way to leave immediately. Good luck with the next one. At least you have a story to tell.

DestinysDream's photo
Sun 08/31/08 11:43 AM
Let this be a lesson to always look your best when going out...*what the hell am I sayong*.

Amazing there are such people in the world. Its scary, I am surprised you are taking it so well. I would be freaked out.

DestinysDream's photo
Sat 08/30/08 09:06 PM
The Triangular Theory of Love makes sense to me.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangular_theory_of_love

There are three parts to love:
1. Intimacy – Which encompasses feelings of closeness, connectedness, and bondedness.
2. Passion – Which encompasses drives that lead to romance, physical attraction, and sexual consummation.
3. Commitment – Which encompasses, in the short term, the decision to remain with another, and in the long term, the shared achievements and plans made with that other.

A relationship has different types of love based upon which of the three parts are present.
Consummate love has all three parts.
Liking/Friendship only has intimacy.
Empty Love only has commitment
Etc.

DestinysDream's photo
Sat 08/30/08 09:00 PM
Thats the answer. If you can not choose between the two then forget both and get a "third"....except with the two out of the picture that "third" will actually become your one and only.

Why the debate?Why the doubt? I wouldn't feel good if I was either one of those guys and read this.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25