Community > Posts By > DestinysDream

DestinysDream's photo
Tue 08/26/08 03:42 PM

I seem to recall a thread in which you decided I wasn't having good dates because I had somesort of a problem. "It's me, not them", in sum.

I'm happy to say I'm dating someone and it's going quite well. It's only the early stages, but I'm happy to have butterflies and rainbows.

I'm really happy for you. It's a great feeling, enjoy!

My post was meant to cause introspection. Right or wrong(in fact let's say I am wrong so we don't debate this), I felt you were giving up on the dates before they had begun and each date was an exercise in seeing why someone should be eliminated. I believe in a more positive approach while dating. The negatives are so easy to spot.

DestinysDream's photo
Tue 08/26/08 03:16 AM

Even though you don't see it as a game that you're afraid of rejection, it can be construed as one... that's all I was saying. In either situation, both parties may not be fully honest with each other, hence the game is being played. It's a shame that many good guys don't get the girl because they never spoke up. Will it be worth it if you have to watch her with someone else, fully knowing that could've been you?
I know you didn't mean anything negative by it embers....you're just trying to help and I REALLY appreciate it....I do....I still love you!!!smooched smooched

Is she the person? what I was going to say show her this thread but forget that now.

If she is going for someone else be her friend and let her go with the guy she is looking at. I think right now her mental process would include this other person and your chances for success are going to be fairly low. Be a friend to her. Ask about the other guy. Want the best thing for your friend and be supportive of her decisions. She will eventually see a fantastic man who deserves her attention.

It really depends on you and your level of friendship. It's your call.

DestinysDream's photo
Tue 08/26/08 12:36 AM
People do it all the time but be cautious.

I read about a man who went to China and talked to the woman using a translator as well as a translation device. Pretty cool invention. She didn't understand any English. I imagine it was like texting but the person is in the same room. He married and brought her to the states.

She went back to China and came back saying she had to work off a debt her family had incurred. She would not accept his money it was her responsility. She ended up working near San Francisco and lived in a Chinese dorm. This is apparently very common. Chinese entrepreneurs get basically cheap slave labor until the debt is gone. Yup...this is in the US.

She ended leaving him being that they could not talk on the phone. All messages were routed through her sister. Her sister is actually the one that told him to get lost. Some people told him to hire a PI to find her. He didn't apparently and called it quits with her. (Yeah what a jerk).

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 08/25/08 11:35 PM
Is this a towel thread and I missed it?? Dang I'm out of the loop but still loopy! scared

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 08/25/08 05:32 PM

He has to have a job and go to work 5 times a week? Well, that rules me out! I'm "retired"!

I used to make 55k before my job was outsourced to India. I burned out on that career and am a student getting a degree this year. I plan to have a very gainful career soon. Still I would never contact you with that requirement in place.

Yup, loosen those requirements. You may end up getting people who are willing to lie in order to fit your ideal man. The honest guys will likely not contact you.

Well, I think that an intelligent man would weigh my reasons for suggesting such a thing.

I think the majority of intelligent men are more likely to keep looking for other profiles which don't have so many qualifications. An unintelligent or deceitful man would give it a try even if the list doesn't equal who they are.

I wish you the best. Be careful. The liars will be there so get the radar tuned up.

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 08/25/08 01:57 PM

He has to have a job and go to work 5 times a week? Well, that rules me out! I'm "retired"!

I used to make 55k before my job was outsourced to India. I burned out on that career and am a student getting a degree this year. I plan to have a very gainful career soon. Still I would never contact you with that requirement in place.

Yup, loosen those requirements. You may end up getting people who are willing to lie in order to fit your ideal man. The honest guys will likely not contact you.

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 08/25/08 01:49 PM

thanx bobby that makes some real sesne

That is the answer. You need to keep doing it. Expect the first times to be awkward and for you to mess up completely. Use each time to strengthen our people skills and improve on what went wrong before. It's like talking in front of an audience.

"Um...and...um..." It will get easier and you will feel more and more confident.

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 08/25/08 01:45 PM

dating?? hmm
love?? hmm
life?? drinker

Yup, cheers! This wouldn't be that great:
dating? ho
love? hum
life? ho-hum :laughing:

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 08/25/08 01:41 PM

My brain just short circuited

No need to get precise. The point is to show really where you are in dating. We don't really quantify things when we look back it's only the quality which comes to mind.

If I had to guess, I would think the average time per dating relationship is rather low(2-4 weeks). The average amount of dates per person is extremely low(less than 5).

Still, the average amount of people dated varies widely from person to person.

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 08/25/08 01:27 PM

What do you mean "WE READ"...you and who else?

You(the reader) and I(the writer). This world works best with "we's". winking

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 08/25/08 01:25 PM
Those are great qualities to have but each one is another sliver off the dating pool of men. If you are dating frequently up the number of things which are "he must be" if you are dating infrequently lessen the number.

It's the laws of supply and demand in motion. Find the right "price" you are willing to pay. Never give up.

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 08/25/08 01:20 PM
We read a lot of people who ask why they can't find someone, we also read success stories. Here is a chance to say how you are doing with dating/relationships at this moment in your life.

Are you happy? Sad? Why do you feel either emotion?

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 08/25/08 01:11 PM
How many different people have you dated in your life?
How many dates per person are you averaging?
What is the average time per relationship?

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 08/25/08 11:50 AM
Congratulations! flowerforyou drinker

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 08/25/08 02:59 AM
Sorta embarrassing now huh..been over 30 minutes and not one reply.

Why don't you use the search facility? See who is online and send them a message. It works.

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 08/25/08 01:45 AM
Did anyone else watch the olympics tonight?

This guy is irritating me.

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 08/25/08 01:41 AM

A young speeddating/locating website this is not. I'm not interested in joining the friends circle and the post wasn't killed by opposition, but by a total derailing of coherence.

I don't feel like starting a 300 reply topic of the regulars flirting with each other, I find it laughable the lack of ability here to hold an intelligent conversation. No wonder it reminds me of myspace.

Loner with issue....NEWS at 11

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 08/25/08 01:27 AM

"pull my finger"noway noway

Please see: http://mingle2.com/topic/show/159282

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 08/25/08 01:07 AM
So you are in a fantastic relationship. Funny or serious, what are some things not to say to you lover if you want to be romantic?

How about:
Baby you are like my suppository. I don't know what I would do without you, but I know I would be in a world of pain.

DestinysDream's photo
Mon 08/25/08 12:48 AM
Like others have said on the 4 other identical threads are a little much.

Yes we know the idea is to ask for ladies opinions only that way each one that responds gets an intro mail from you. It's fishing, but you are in too many ponds at one time.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25