Community > Posts By > DestinysDream

DestinysDream's photo
Fri 08/22/08 11:24 PM

Well id wait it out a little longer because if he is the man for you he will call It may be that he is busy i just say good luck and dont give upwaving

Welcome to the forums. Feel free to introduce yourself on the New members forum. That was some great advice. Nice and concise , good use of the emoticons too.

DestinysDream's photo
Fri 08/22/08 11:17 PM
He's probably shy. I'm shy like that too but I willed myself to make that first call. It then turned into a second and third call. After that things are fine. I always worry about those awkward pauses but if you don't try, you don't know. <--thats my new motto(cool huh?)

I don't know if you could tell from my posts but I am a big blabbermouth. Something enters my head and out it goes. I also like to laugh and joke a lot. Those things are not heard while on IM. It's a nice bonus. Sorry turning this into a post about me. Just wanted to give you some insight into what he may be thinking or perhaps like.

What was the question again?

Ahh k, what to do...you can make a recording of your voice and send it to him as a file. That may make him do the same thing. That way you could ease into a conversation over the phone. I would not bring it up again. He has your number and he needs to decide it's time to talk.

Don't get hung up on him obviously and keep looking. If he wants to get to a new level its up to him.

DestinysDream's photo
Fri 08/22/08 11:02 PM

i would like to know if u guys would sleep with a bisexual girl.or not..what would u do if u had a gf who was into girls and guys

I wouldn't care about her past bisexuality. I would tell her that I'll be faithful always. I also want her to be faithful always. That would mean no sleeping with other men or women. Some people are swingers but I'm not.

DestinysDream's photo
Fri 08/22/08 10:56 PM
Don't talk to strangers!

DestinysDream's photo
Fri 08/22/08 02:25 PM
Good afternoon! waving Just stopping by for a short visit. I have to get goin. I hope everyone is having the best day if not it's right there waiting to be grasped! flowerforyou Have a marvelous weekend for that matter. Oh what the heck I'll say have a great life. flowerforyou That about covers it I'd say.

DestinysDream's photo
Fri 08/22/08 02:05 PM

Okay everbody, stop being concrete. My statement said "tends" and "in my experience". I never said it was a cold hard fact backed with statistical data.

GEESH.
- Lillith

Mrtap, you got to face it, some people want to argue and not discuss.

Objectivity is tougher than it sounds for some folk.
- Lillith

I totally agree.

Subjective - Based on (or related to) attitudes, beliefs, or opinions, instead of on verifiable evidence or phenomenon. Contrasts with objective.

Objective - Undistorted by emotion or personal bias; based on observable phenomena.

DestinysDream's photo
Fri 08/22/08 01:45 PM

When its time for Intermission...Ill get the popcorn and soda for everyone...laugh

Sorry, the show is almost over.

You see in a way this is like trying to convince a racist that color doesn't matter. They'll continue to say it does. A racist doesn't look at the person they look to some outside characteristic. The same thing is going on here. How do you argue with a racist? At what point do you throw up your hands and walk away from therm?

Take a couple aged 45 and 20. The age difference is 25 years. That will never change. Some will always condemn the couple.
What if they were a gay couple? More condemnation.
What if the woman was the older person? Even more condemnation.

I know there's no way to change subjective opinions. I don't like the espousal of their prejudicial ideas to others. Nothing more be said unless they want to keep acting narcissistic and over-opinionated.

To each their own means leaving the rest of us alone. We are all different. Revel in that fact as without it life would become far too boring and predictable. Live life according to your own ideals but allow others to be different and make their own decisions. We each have one life to live, you live yours and I'll live mine.

DestinysDream's photo
Fri 08/22/08 01:04 AM
Ouch.

I like a little jealousy personally. It shows concern and caring that I matter to them. Too much though is a killer. The trick is finding the right balance.

DestinysDream's photo
Fri 08/22/08 12:58 AM

I haven't been on the site since meeting her, I asked her one day out of the blue and she admitted that she did.

So you asked her and she was honest, and now you take issue with it.... Sounds like she needs a new boyfriend, or lie to you...either way.

I agree. Re-examine your relationship and your own thoughts.

DestinysDream's photo
Thu 08/21/08 10:50 PM

Niether one won they both stated thier opion and that is that.

This is suppose to be an Adult dating so why do't everyone started acting like adults.

If its adult then why dont you look for an adult woman instead of a baby that just got (if that) from her parents house...........please that is just weak.................you arent mature enough to date a woman your own age and maybe you just need to admit that so the mature women wont have to bother with you...............

I know many women under the age of 23 as a result of going to college. There are some very intelligent mature women who are young. It is fair to say they lack life lessons which come only with experience. However the young women I have met have a very strong sense of who they are. I know some very mature younger women. If this wasn't the case then the age someone becomes an adult would be higher.

Perhaps you look back at yourself being that age and ask why you did something. If so, not everyone is you. By all means share your experience but applying that to every person I find faulty thinking. I could never be with someone who was immature or lacked intelligence. I'm sure there are predatory men who wouldn't mind. I'd be against those relationships too.

DestinysDream's photo
Thu 08/21/08 10:29 PM

I personally like younger men and not because they might be more equal but because I like them younger and oh yeah Tom says they gravitate towards me not the other way aroundbiggrin

People of lower intelligence tend to gravitate towards younger partners so that they might be more equal. The younger generation is more laid back and has less life experience, their lack of it tends to make even a borderline intellectual functioning person seem worldly to them.

Really.

Not to be sexist, but this tends to be older men and younger women. Not at all women and younger men. At least, not in my experience.

I would love to see some case studies which bear out your hypothesis Lillith. It sounds very sexist to me.

DestinysDream's photo
Thu 08/21/08 04:30 PM
Edited by DestinysDream on Thu 08/21/08 04:35 PM
You seem to be a nice guy. Forget that woman.

As for getting kicked off, we have people who are up on charges for forcing themselves on others but they aren't getting the axe. Don't worry about it. Sounds like she needs to step down off the horse and put it in the stable.

DestinysDream's photo
Thu 08/21/08 01:47 PM
Troublemaker7 you are far more mature in your posts. You have proved your point. I declare you the winner. drinker

DestinysDream's photo
Wed 08/20/08 10:34 PM
I have never had that happen to me nor do I know of anyone who had that happen to them. You are on your own. G/L!

DestinysDream's photo
Wed 08/20/08 09:52 PM
I disagree with some of what you wrote but thats ok you thought about what bothers you and listed the things. A lot of people just stop at I don't like that as they come along.

I hate men. I will trash talk all of them and it isn't because of jealousy as I am not very jealous. Nope I hate men.

I also like to hear compliments and sweet nothings. I will ask about it and I will glow with the responses.

DestinysDream's photo
Wed 08/20/08 06:02 PM

because im 20.. and your 38 your almost twice my age.

to me its a little creepy when a guy older than 32 wants to date a girl 18-21.

what does a man that much older want with basically a child. actually i posted a forum on this yesterday.

because i know personally i attract the men they are between 29-40 something.

[/quote

You don't really but if `you feel better?

are you saying that i dont but if it makes me feel better to think that? because thats the way it sounds.. and if not what did you mean.

Hon, I told you yesterday. There are more older people here and it is natural to get more older people who contact you.

Imagine you lived in Bolivia and there were not that many US citizens around. There you would think that Bolivians find you more attractive than Americans. Do they really? Think about it.

DestinysDream's photo
Wed 08/20/08 05:58 PM

It also depends a lot on the maturity level of the young person. I have met some guys in their 30's and 40's who acted like children and I briefly dated a guy who was 27 and he was one of the most mature men I had ever met.

I said the same thing to her in another post. She places a larger importance on age. She needs to live another 10 to 20 years and then look back to know age doesn't matter. She likely holds adults (her elders) in higher regard.

I think we all reach maximum maturity at different times. I'd say 25 was when I hit it. This is as good as it gets for me.

DestinysDream's photo
Wed 08/20/08 01:31 PM
I knew a male friend who showed me a picture of his girlfriend and soon to be wife in see through lingerie. I thought, "What am I supposed to say? Why is he taking shots and showing me?"

He was very proud of his girlfriend's looks. She was attractive and he wanted to show her off to others. I said, "Wow she is good looking. Good for you, I'm glad you found someone." The same thing I would have said had she been clothed. I decided he wanted to hear that and get a reaction on my face. His relating the story to you is because he thought you would also feel better knowing you were desired by others.

My friend wasn't a bad person. He had been without for some time and maybe that added to why he showed the photo to others. He was a bit on the slow side but was his lack of jealousy should be noted. Talk to him letting him know how you feel. He needs to know.

From what you wrote he was only quizzed on what he did in response to his friend's comments. Did you ever say how you felt to him? Was his reaction acceptable? You alone have to decide what to do. Coming here and venting is fine and that is what you need to do with him.

I hope you do not expect anyone here to give you a complete answer as to what you should do. We are very opinionated and leery of others. We look to the worse in people and can only relate your story to our past. We don't walk in your shoes.

DestinysDream's photo
Tue 08/19/08 07:08 PM
Well, they couldn't find themselves matches so I am not surprised at their answer.

DestinysDream's photo
Tue 08/19/08 04:37 PM

hopefully i can answer that after this weekend

Now this is interesting. Do tell! Who is the lucky lady?

I did #1 and she kept trying to pick up guys.

I am now doing #2 but will eventually deactivate. It's a good way to stay in touch. All the women friends I used to know are now giving us both space to see where things take us. I have such good friends.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25