ElaineSeekingJerry's photo
Fri 08/01/08 03:59 PM
I think I'll stay home and start an "I'm BORED" thread ... sick

Fri 08/01/08 03:56 PM

I usually have my photo up, but I do take it down from time to time when I just want to keep a 'low profile', ie. I want to enjoy the forums, chat with my friends, etc. but don't necessarily want to draw attention to myself.

Same here. Anyone who is so inclined can go to my profile and see a whole bunch of pictures of the real me. Plus they have the option to spend six or seven days reading the profile itself.

... and it would be time well spent, just sayin' :wink:

Fri 08/01/08 03:52 PM
Maybe switch the UPPER CASE to regular type, can be seen as 'shouting' online (nit picky, I'm sorry, but since you asked ... :tongue: )

You have a positive 'vibe' about you, Dave and I think you'll do really well here. Post on the forums and get to know some of the regulars ... there's a great bunch of people here and ya just never know what you might find or what might find you! drinker

Fri 08/01/08 03:45 PM
Edited by ElaineSeekingJerry on Fri 08/01/08 03:47 PM
I usually have my photo up, but I do take it down from time to time when I just want to keep a 'low profile', ie. I want to enjoy the forums, chat with my friends, etc. but don't necessarily want to draw attention to myself.

Not having a photo up definitely limits the amount of mail I get, but sometimes the mail I (or others, I'm sure) get based just on people viewing the photo (and not necessarily reading the profile) isn't all that appetizing anyway. You all know the ones I'm talking about, the 'hi ur soooo hot!!!' or 'ru interested in discreet fun?' ones ... yeah, those I can live without.

If someone does take the time to email without ever seeing a photo, I take it to mean my words have impacted them somehow and they're genuinely interested in getting to know me - which is pretty cool ... and I'm always more than willing to provide a photo when asked.

Fri 08/01/08 08:53 AM
I'd offer you my sage advice, but seeing as most of the men I've chatted with have inexplicably vanished into the night before an actual meet takes place, I'm afraid my words would be of little use. Hope your luck is better! :wink:

Fri 08/01/08 06:35 AM
I just did a quick Google search of "fun things to do in Crossville, Tennessee" for ya (why? I have no idea *laughing*) ... hope it helps

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g54986-Activities-Crossville_Tennessee.html

Thu 07/31/08 07:01 PM
Yeah - but I'll deny it if asked again ohwell

Thu 07/31/08 06:44 PM
Yeah, I think the mind can convince the heart of many things.

Thu 07/31/08 06:16 PM
Edited by ElaineSeekingJerry on Thu 07/31/08 06:17 PM

The looking part is what stops you, stop looking and it will just happen, maybe not as soon as you want..but it will

No offense or disrespect to you, MisKim323, but that phrase is so overused around here that it starts to feel patronizing after awhile - esp. since it's usually spoken by people who are already in a relationship. Does anyone else feel that way or am I just getting jaded and cynical in my old age? embarassed

not with the single thing but when I was in my 6th year of trying to have babies, I LOATHED hearing that...you know.
single is, for me, doable but I'd rather not be single anymore...but I get where your coming fromflowerforyou

I can only imagine the 'lines' you got from well-meaning friends and family in your situation ... sorry you had to endure that. frown I'm happy with my life as is - yes, a healthy relationship would be a bonus, but I don't think one is going to magically 'drop from heaven into my lap when I'm least expecting it' ... I imagine, like most things in life, I'll have to put forth a liiiittle bit of effort. :wink:

Thu 07/31/08 06:14 PM
Romance me! love

Thu 07/31/08 06:09 PM

The looking part is what stops you, stop looking and it will just happen, maybe not as soon as you want..but it will

No offense or disrespect to you, MisKim323, but that phrase is so overused around here that it starts to feel patronizing after awhile - esp. since it's usually spoken by people who are already in a relationship. Does anyone else feel that way or am I just getting jaded and cynical in my old age? embarassed

Thu 07/31/08 06:05 PM

Straight to e-mail from where?

Outer space, far as I can tell :tongue:

Thu 07/31/08 06:04 PM
You can be invisible on Mingle2 ... stealth mode smokin

Thu 07/31/08 06:03 PM
Email (not IM first either grumble )

Thu 07/31/08 05:54 PM
Yes ... knew from day one it was a dead end, but couldn't seem to pull myself back.

Thu 07/31/08 04:48 PM
I'm not sure what I'd be more freaked out about if I was him ... the fact that you snooped through my stuff, or the fact that you gave my name and all those intimate details to complete strangers on the internet?! indifferent

Thu 07/31/08 03:09 PM
Apathy

Wed 07/30/08 08:10 PM

...sadly, no rings to wear:cry:

... wanna buy some - CHEAP?! grumble

flowerforyou

Wed 07/30/08 08:09 PM
Smile and fake my way through it. ohwell