ElaineSeekingJerry's photo
Thu 07/24/08 06:25 PM
No offense, but why don't you email some people and do something constructive - I've opened like 5 or 6 threads that you've started tonight, most saying how sad you are - what's the point in that?! There's so much negative energy on the board tonight it's a little frustrating!

Thu 07/24/08 02:01 PM
Drive a Jaguar, be served breakfast in bed, watch the sunrise with someone I love ... I could go on, but I'll spare you guys! blushing

Thu 07/24/08 01:36 PM
Couldn't she have at least extended you the courtesy of a phone call before cancelling the check? Why didn't she just make you aware of the problem and give you a chance to fix it before taking such a drastic step (which would likely have cost her bank fees)? Seems a little silly to me ... you've got a great attitude about it, admire you for that!

Thu 07/24/08 01:20 PM

As long as she has a pulse (meaning not dead) then it really doesn't matter to me. :wink:

And they say all the 'good ones' are married, gay or hung up on their mothers! winking

Well, you see...I know this guy who has a strict, and I do mean STRICT code when it comes to women that he will date. They have to be petite, not taller than him, blondes usually don't do it for him, and they have to be slutty (Yes, he is shallow, but he did say that brains are important too...just not in his top 4.laugh )

I really don't get into the "what type" or things like that. I meet people, and if someone interests me enough, then it starts as friends (ends their now cause I have a lady.:wink: ). Now, looking back at the women I have dated, they all have not be petite. Normally, they fall into the catagory of "meat on their bones". But, as I said, I don't go by this.

In the four catagories that you listed, none of them would matter to me. Right now, my girlfriend has never been married, is younger than me, and has a little girl. I knew this going in and thus far things have been great. I dunno. I just don't follow a strict code to "who it is I will date". I like to keep my options open.bigsmile

Wisely put ... I think the older some (all?) of us get, the more we realize the qualities that are negotiable for us and those that aren't -- and the 'packaging' doesn't seem quite as high on the priority list as it maybe once did. So glad you've found your own version of 'ideal' - wish you both much happiness! :smile:

Thu 07/24/08 11:39 AM

As long as she has a pulse (meaning not dead) then it really doesn't matter to me. :wink:

And they say all the 'good ones' are married, gay or hung up on their mothers! winking

Thu 07/24/08 10:20 AM

that is a very nice statement which you said about your children...it is refreshing to know someone cares that much about there family...I moved out of my house a few hours ago and I think my relationship got stronger since then...no children for me yet, I am waiting til someday when I'll met the right woman to have children with

Thanks for contributing to the thread, it's nice to hear from people at all stages of the game. Kids are a tremendous blessing, but also a huge responsibility - glad you're waiting to find Miss Right ... good move! drinker

Thu 07/24/08 10:18 AM

Any of the above, depending on the age and why never married though.

I just want a guy who knows who he is, expresses that in words and deeds, and has integrity!

Oh and preferably geeky smart, good with their hands and a great kisser.. of course!

Lilith, from your mouth to God's ears, girl! Maybe there's a 2 for 1 sale we can get in on together! smitten

Thu 07/24/08 10:18 AM

Kids don't matter as long as they are grown. I have raised mine, and I am too old to raise anymore, a visit once in a while would be okay. Just don't do kids real well for long periods of timefrustrated frustrated frustrated

Thanks for being honest - when people say they have no real preference, I'm a little surprised ... I think we all have a 'comfort zone' in this regard, whether we realize it or not.

Thu 07/24/08 10:17 AM

Any of the above, depending on the age and why never married though.

I just want a guy who knows who he is, expresses that in words and deeds, and has integrity!

Oh and preferably geeky smart, good with their hands and a great kisser.. of course!

Dangit... if only I knew who I was.....:wink:

offtopic TK, stop trying to pick up babes in my thread, ya hear?!

tongue2

Wed 07/23/08 11:34 PM
Edited by ElaineSeekingJerry on Wed 07/23/08 11:35 PM

Its just a great way to pass the time between my self affirmation meetings, my NA meetings, my optimist club meetings, my psychologist and psychiatrist appointments, and my green derby ice cream socials.
oh almost forgot my coffee colonics!
they're great. Just gotta put some backbone into it! Aint that right brian?

Aw man, LHB, you are worth the price of admission, ya know that?! Tears, I tell ya ... you are the funniest man I have met in a long time - possibly ever! THANK YOU for posting and saving my sanity! love

Wed 07/23/08 06:50 PM

Let's having a staring contest ... surprised

Who will judge it?
:laughing:

Shhh! You're gonna throw me off my game here ... surprised

you blinked, I saw it!

I was just warmin' up; the officially official Stare-Off hasn't started yet ... surprised

Wed 07/23/08 06:47 PM

Who will judge it?
:laughing:

Shhh! You're gonna throw me off my game here ... surprised

Wed 07/23/08 06:40 PM

Wed 07/23/08 06:32 PM
Well sheesh, this is most b-o-r-i-n-g bored thread I've ever been bored enough to read! yawn

Wed 07/23/08 03:55 PM

Well, my ultimate preference wasn't listed... widowed, with children. I definitely think men with children are more likely to understand my relationship with my daughter and I would love the opportunity to have more grandchildren than my daughter is willing to concede to (she doesn't want ten children for some reason). Dealing with ex's though, that can be tough. Someone who has never been married (unless they lived with someone for years) by this age (I'm usually attracted to older men), and this may be an unfortunate bias on my part, is suspect.

Just my 4 cents...

My apology for not including that option - a total oversight on my part! I'm glad you mentioned it because I'm sure there are unique relationship and parenting issues that you've faced! (and ftr, your input is worth much more than 4 cents! flowerforyou )

Wed 07/23/08 03:25 PM
Congratulations! Finding something you both love and are good at is an amazing feeling ... hope you have great success (for you and the charity! :smile: )

Wed 07/23/08 03:18 PM

*waves hello* What's on the grill for dinner tonight?! :tongue:

Not eating tonight.

Tough day, huh? ohwell

Wed 07/23/08 03:17 PM
*deep empathetic sigh* Yep, I've had those days. They pass, but when you're in the middle of one, it's hard to find the perspective ... glad you're here among friends, that always helps! :smile:

Wed 07/23/08 03:15 PM
*waves hello* What's on the grill for dinner tonight?! :tongue:

Wed 07/23/08 03:12 PM
I think you make a valid point, TT - there are things I thought I knew before I had children ... oh, how wrong I was! embarassed (not implying in any way that someone without parenting experience can't be a tremendous influence and partner in raising someone else's children!)

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25