Community > Posts By > broncosrock

broncosrock's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:56 PM
together as oneflowerforyou

broncosrock's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:39 PM
Didn't Mrs. Drysdale make an appearance once in a while, rather a snooty 'ol gal?flowerforyou

broncosrock's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:34 PM
There's a lot of truth to that!flowerforyou

broncosrock's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:29 PM
In hindsight, I kind of wish I'd have missed both of mine!:smile: drinker

broncosrock's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:27 PM

Okay, explain this to me? Why do people think that while they're picking their noses at a stoplight, in their car, that they're invisible? Maybe they don't care, eh? Yuk! I've just always wondered that.ohwell

I don't think they bother themselves over what some random motorist who they will probably never meet thinks.

Good point!

broncosrock's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:25 PM
It's kind of hard to miss when you're sitting right next to them. Trust me, I look away as soon as I see what they're up to, as I don't want to see what they do with it after they find what they're digging for. I guess there are worse things they could be picking.drinker

broncosrock's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:20 PM
Okay, explain this to me? Why do people think that while they're picking their noses at a stoplight, in their car, that they're invisible? Maybe they don't care, eh? Yuk! I've just always wondered that.ohwell

broncosrock's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:15 PM
I guess it depends on the situation, but I guess if they're in a public place, I'd rather they did text a quick message. I do know what you mean, though, but I do get tired of listening to everyone's conversations when I'm out and about and it seems that every loud, obnoxious person in a 10' radius of me is on their phones. Just my humble opinion. :smile:

broncosrock's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:04 PM
I saw footage of it on Prime News, I think, and they said the jerk had punched the gal next to him, and it showed Tim yanking him up on stage, and then the security guys taking care of business. Go, Tim!
I'm not a real big person, and was a victim of abuse (what a loser!), but if you're the victim, and it happens to be your husband, it's kind of open-season, it seems. If I see a male (I wont' call them "men") get in a woman's face or become physical, I can't ignore it. I tell them to hit me, as I'm not their wife/girlfriend, and I'll have a better chance of pressing charges. I couldn't defend myself at the time I was there, because I was busy trying to survive for my kids, but they're grown now, and though I don't have a death wish, I have some pent up aggression from 8 years of that "junk", so I kind of lose common sense or any fear in those situations. How does it make a guy feel tough when he's 6'2", 200#, and can beat up a 5'5", 115# woman, explain that one to me?
I'll have to watch the youtube version. Thanks for posting it. Didn't mean to ramble, but that subject makes my blood boil!mad

broncosrock's photo
Wed 06/25/08 09:52 PM
Night! I'm all pumped up from baseball games, so I'm hoping to wind down soon! Hope you have (had) a restful night!:smile:

broncosrock's photo
Wed 06/25/08 11:43 AM
I guess we used to play cowboys and indians when I was little, me decked out in my Annie Oakley outfit. The neighborhood bully shot me in the forehead with a bb gun (guess he didn't like the Annie Oakley outfit as much as me). "It's always fun until somebody gets hurt"

broncosrock's photo
Wed 06/25/08 11:39 AM
Wish we still had one! We had many a good time in high school at the drive-in movie theatre! I don't remember us sitting in our cars for any length of time, as we were too busy "socializing" with our friends. Oh, the good ol' days!:smile:

broncosrock's photo
Wed 06/25/08 11:16 AM
Hey, thanks, and back at you! I needed that!flowerforyou

broncosrock's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:54 AM
Hello, and welcome, from one newbie to another!drinker

broncosrock's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:42 AM
When I got my divorce at the old age of 27, my sons were 2 and 6. I can actually say that the guys I dated always were so good to my kids, and it didn't seem like anyone really "bolted" when they found out I had 2 little children. Guess I understand we're all different, and dating someone with children maybe isn't for everyone. I wouldn't necessarily take that to mean they're a crappy person, they just maybe don't want that responsibility. drinker I do have to agree that people don't give kudos to women for raising their kids alone, the same that they do men who raise kids by themselves. Just my observation. I think that any single parent deserves a lot of credit for taking on the responsibility.

broncosrock's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:29 AM
I pray for our soldiers and their families every day. I can't imagine what their days must be like everyday! God bless each and every one of you!

broncosrock's photo
Wed 06/25/08 09:55 AM
Edited by broncosrock on Wed 06/25/08 09:56 AM
Boy, some of those bring back fond memories! Loved hopscotch, 4-square, tag, dodgeball. I think we actually have dodgeball "leagues" in my area now---not sure. I aced out a 12 yr. old last year at a company picnic in a hula hoop contest. Chalk up one for the baby-boomers!happy
Oh, and tether-ball. Do they still play that anymore?

broncosrock's photo
Wed 06/25/08 09:47 AM
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone. I'm sure I'll meet some interesting people, and I look forward to it!
Yes, the Broncos, but I love competition, and it would be pretty boring if we all liked the same team, right?
Have to sign off for now. Have to go walking before the thunderstorms hit. I have a feeling I'll be sitting at ballgames tonight in the rain!
See ya!:smile:

broncosrock's photo
Wed 06/25/08 09:14 AM
Just wanted to say "hi". I'm new on this site, and am hoping to meet some "chat" partners. Ideally would like to meet someone in my area to chat with, too. Have a great day, one and all!:smile:

1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 Next