Community > Posts By > broncosrock

broncosrock's photo
Sat 04/25/09 07:48 AM
I'd share some with my kids, siblings, and friends. I have lots of issues I'm passionate about, so would figure out a way to help out there. And then I would travel, travel, and travel some more!flowerforyou

broncosrock's photo
Wed 04/08/09 07:19 AM
Social.

broncosrock's photo
Wed 04/08/09 07:16 AM
Edited by broncosrock on Wed 04/08/09 07:18 AM
Good for you! It's amazing the intolerance people have for mental illnesses. I developed agorophobia when I was 25, and was pretty much housebound for several years. I still deal with ocassional panic attacks, but it's more annoying than anything. Three out of my four of my siblings have battled or are still battling it. Along with the agorophobia, I developed severe depression, which was so hard, as I've always been a very social, happy person. I don't really expect people who haven't personally suffered from a mental illness to understand them, as I wouldn't have either, but there needs to be more tolerance for people who have the misfortune of being plagued with a "mental illness". I had cancer about 20 years ago, and no one was telling me THAT was all in my head, and I just needed to "get out and do this or that", blah blah blah. Anyway, good luck, and you're right, if it helps one person, that's better than nothing, right?flowerforyou

broncosrock's photo
Thu 03/26/09 07:36 AM
No. I choose my "battles" wisely.:smile:

broncosrock's photo
Wed 03/25/09 07:34 AM
That's pretty quick, but hope things work out for you.drinker

broncosrock's photo
Tue 03/24/09 08:46 AM

The older I get the higher I adjust the age limit on being "OLD".

Me, too! I'm not sure exactly what I would consider "old" at this stage of my life. The other day I was talking to a friend, and we were trying to decide what exactly the "middle-age" range is....anyone know? I told her I think we may have moved into the senior range. I take advantage of every senior discount I can get, and I do it proudly!flowerforyou

broncosrock's photo
Mon 03/23/09 04:35 PM
I don't know the reason that you've been anti-social for the last few years, but that's good that you're out amongst 'em again. I think, too, that you should work on the friend thing, and getting your social life back together, and I'm sure the girls will follow. Good luck!flowerforyou :smile:

broncosrock's photo
Mon 03/23/09 04:32 PM
Helping my first boyfriend, Larry, deliver newspapers on his really cool bike with the black saddle bags. He was pretty cute!:heart: :smile:

broncosrock's photo
Mon 03/23/09 04:24 PM
Edited by broncosrock on Mon 03/23/09 04:26 PM
I live in pheasant hunting country, and most guys I know hunt, including my son. To my knowledge, none of them are shooting pheasants to prove their masculinity, and I wouldn't consider them "rednecks" either. Although, come to think of it, what the heck is wrong with being a redneck?drinker

broncosrock's photo
Mon 03/23/09 04:19 PM

I'll say love, as I guess I have enough money to be comfortable.:smile:
Good for youflowerforyou

thanks! trust me, I'm not rich, but I'll settle for financial "comfort" these days!:smile: drinker

broncosrock's photo
Mon 03/23/09 04:13 PM
Finally.....just checked my emails, and my cousin Scott told me he loved me, so, I'm good! (thanks, Rapunzel, we love you, too)flowerforyou

broncosrock's photo
Mon 03/23/09 04:09 PM
I'll say love, as I guess I have enough money to be comfortable.:smile:

broncosrock's photo
Mon 03/23/09 10:59 AM

I refuse to join in a discussion with such a bunch of peasants!

laugh laugh laugh

broncosrock's photo
Mon 03/23/09 10:04 AM

What about the veteran homeless guy that stands on the street corner and philosophizes?

I would want him on my side in a post-apocalyptic society.

No wisdom like street wisdom.

I agree, and in my opinion, no veteran should ever be homeless.

broncosrock's photo
Mon 03/23/09 10:02 AM
I hope so, on both counts.:smile:

broncosrock's photo
Mon 03/23/09 09:55 AM
I'm sure there are some wonderful Drs. out there, but with the experiences I've had with them, I'd trust a construction worker to diagnose my ailments before I would most Drs. If I met someone and they told me they worked construction, which I have many, many times, I sure wouldn't think that was menial work, or put them in a lower "class". I used to work for a civil engineering/land surveying firm, and in those many years, I met some pretty smart, funny, wonderful construction workers.:smile:

broncosrock's photo
Mon 03/23/09 09:41 AM
So hard to lose anyone we love, and probably more so when they're so young. I'm sorry for your loss and your sadness, but I'll bet she's somewhere keeping an eye on you, and wishing you weren't so sad. My prayers to you.flowerforyou

broncosrock's photo
Mon 03/23/09 09:37 AM
I just finished a book titled "Comfortably Numb", written by a Dr. and talking about how anti-depressants are so overly prescribed, and he's right. Easier to medicate people than to talk to them and try to figure out what's depressing them, eh?

broncosrock's photo
Mon 03/23/09 09:31 AM
I try to remain optimistic, so I would like to think that most people think that we're all equal. I don't feel I'm inferior or superior to anyone, as far as economics or "class". I do feel inferior to great people who have done amazing things for other people, but that's not what this thread is referring to, right? Sorry!drinker

broncosrock's photo
Mon 03/23/09 09:26 AM
Edited by broncosrock on Mon 03/23/09 09:26 AM
Sadly, "no". But the day is still fairly young, so I guess it could happen.:smile:

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15