Community > Posts By > broncosrock

broncosrock's photo
Mon 03/23/09 09:22 AM
We had a local deputy sheriff shot and killed last week in a little town in SD, who was responding to a call about a young man possibly wanting to commit suicide. So sad. Things like that rarely happen in this area, so it was a reminder that no call is "routine" for law enforcement officers, that's for sure. I have several friends recently retired from the fire dept., who also put their lives in jeopardy when responding to calls.
My thoughts and prayers to all of them.flowerforyou

broncosrock's photo
Mon 03/23/09 09:12 AM
Edited by broncosrock on Mon 03/23/09 09:13 AM

As someone who was a regular visitor to one of Canada major cities I can tell you that after the lights when down downtown looked like night of the living dead.Hundreds of people strung out,smoking,drinking,pissing,shooting up and doing God only knows what.Prostitution is legal and not unusual to see 10 or 15 hookers on a street corner in the bad parts of town.

What part of Canada did YOU visit? noway

I used to go to Winnipeg quite regularly, and as we'd be dashing from pub to pub, I can't say I noticed any of the above. I always found the people to be as normal as any of us are, and very friendly.

That being said, I have mixed feelings about legalizing. My oldest son started with pot years ago, and has run the gambit of other drugs since then, currently meth addict. Heartbreaking. Would he have "graduated" to the other drugs had he never started smoking pot? I guess I'll never know. Seems to me that people are able to obtain it whether it's legal or not, and I'm not sure that it's any more harmful in moderation than pounding down a 12-pack, and I do think that for some medical problems it does offer relief to some. Everybody so far has made pretty good observations, whether pros or cons.

broncosrock's photo
Wed 03/04/09 04:56 PM
I don't do drugs either, but I really don't care if they legalize it or not.

broncosrock's photo
Mon 03/02/09 10:56 AM
Sometimes I worry too much.

broncosrock's photo
Mon 03/02/09 10:51 AM
His family moved from NE to CA when we were 12, and mine moved to CO. He's happily married and still in CA, and we still talk to each other several times a year, and his wife is just fine with it. :smile:

broncosrock's photo
Mon 03/02/09 10:46 AM
Read, yoga, leisurely stroll:smile: .

broncosrock's photo
Mon 02/23/09 07:52 AM
Sorry, didn't know it was "auto" specific. In that case, one of the old muscle cars, but just not sure which one. We used to restore classic Mustangs when I was married, mostly Shelbys. If I'd have known you then, we could have given you a discount! Hmmmm....I'll have to think.slaphead :smile:

broncosrock's photo
Mon 02/23/09 07:45 AM
A little cabin in the mountains, with a creek running by, birds, deer, tranquility. Have to have our dreams.flowerforyou

broncosrock's photo
Mon 02/23/09 07:42 AM

Are there any women out there who feel this way? When I meet a man online for a relationship, him calling me "Dear" or "Hon", feels like he's talking down to me.

I think I've only been referred to as "Hon" or "Dear" by elderly women in a sweet way, and not sure that I've ever run into it in a dating scenario. Maybe it's the age group I'm in, not sure....?:smile:

broncosrock's photo
Sun 02/01/09 08:25 AM
Me! Going to my son and daugter-in-laws for the festivities, and I'm sure a good time will be had by all.drinker

broncosrock's photo
Sun 02/01/09 08:20 AM
Have a great birthday!drinker

broncosrock's photo
Sun 02/01/09 08:18 AM
Edited by broncosrock on Sun 02/01/09 08:26 AM
cross country ski, go for walks in the snow and enjoy the sunshine(has to be 20* or above!), tubing, and go to a lot of movies!:smile:

broncosrock's photo
Wed 01/28/09 09:00 AM
Probably 0.drinker

broncosrock's photo
Wed 01/28/09 08:58 AM
Yes, as I'm sure that sometimes the truth hurts!flowerforyou

broncosrock's photo
Wed 01/28/09 08:57 AM
My good friends wouldn't ask me to do that.:smile:

broncosrock's photo
Sun 01/25/09 09:27 AM
Why does anyone, male or female, cheat? I think they have such low self-esteem, that they have to be constantly reassured by the opposite sex that they are still desirable. It wouldn't matter how great their significant other is---if they're going to cheat, they're going to cheat. It usually does come back to bite them in the butt, however.flowerforyou

broncosrock's photo
Sat 01/24/09 09:07 AM
My oldest son's deteriorating health.

broncosrock's photo
Sat 01/24/09 09:03 AM
I have too many good ones that would be nicedrinker to relive to narrow it just to one.

broncosrock's photo
Sat 01/24/09 08:58 AM

Find happiness by giving happiness. Find a purpose. Make a difference.
Truer words were never spoken. Doing something kind for others really can make a big difference---really. Cheery music, positive friends, and even the coloring your own rainbow were good ideas, too. Good luck!flowerforyou

broncosrock's photo
Mon 01/19/09 09:59 AM

I'm retired and do pretty much what I want.. I did without a lot when raising my children and they know it so I get no flak from them.. They're happy for me that I can travel or do whatever. And I do still spend a lot of time with my kids and gkids..
drinker (wish I had some grandchildren!)

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15