Community > Posts By > scoundrel

scoundrel's photo
Tue 05/05/09 10:20 PM

flowerforyou Do you think opposites compliment each other?flowerforyou are you attracted to someone who is like you?flowerforyou

Yes, and yes...which is pleasantly confounding, because she is quite unlike me in many ways, but in some areas we are much alike. Having the comfort of similarity is good, but the zest of unpredictability is very much there.

scoundrel's photo
Sat 03/28/09 03:37 AM
Define who you want to see, instead of the person that your see yourself as now. Become the person you want to see in the mirror.

scoundrel's photo
Sat 03/28/09 03:34 AM
drinker

scoundrel's photo
Fri 03/27/09 08:43 PM
Washing dishes, here.

Yeah...exciting Friday night stuff.

scoundrel's photo
Fri 03/27/09 08:40 PM
Just bleach it, and keep your secrets.

scoundrel's photo
Fri 03/27/09 09:41 AM
Mark does some online "window shopping" with his princess...bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile :banana: :banana: :heart: :heart:

scoundrel's photo
Fri 03/27/09 02:17 AM
smokin

scoundrel's photo
Mon 03/23/09 04:20 AM
Lord, Mister Ford, how I wish that you could see, what your simple horseless carriage has become...

scoundrel's photo
Mon 03/23/09 04:17 AM
There are a few significant differences here, comparing pot to cigs and booze.

Second-hand smoke is going to get everyone high.
Just imagine the lawsuits.
Imagine the burden upon the Children's Services Division.
Imagine what will happen to the kids, once (or more) exposed, and as they head off to cross the streets, to school.
Imagine the job performance of the non-smokers, who live with those puffing the pipes and bongs.
Late to work? Not paying attention to the deep fryer? The drive-thru patrons said what? Repeat that? How much change, for what currency?

It's legal, here, in Alaska, which is an education to see. You want a job, a car, a family, and to pay bills and build a stable future? Forget it, if you're a user, or live/hang with users. Drug testing is big, and common, and precludes employment and gets people fired, so think of what size of an unemployed (and highly unemployable) population you want to burden society with--added to the already high unemployment rate. Try collecting child support and other debts from the "high" class people who weren't responsible enough to take seriously what they did to their own lives and the lives of others around them.

BTW...I used to be an extreme pot head, and a home grower, among other things. It took years to earn a better reputation, and I'm still working on it. There isn't any room for messing up, like that, after the "experimental years" are outgrown.

scoundrel's photo
Mon 03/23/09 03:22 AM
Hey, Purplecat...here's a memory for you.

http://mingle2.com/topic/show/10925

I found the thread interesting...from a couple of years ago. glasses

scoundrel's photo
Mon 03/23/09 03:20 AM
Take a look ahead.

I found some "sage" advice in this thread, and I was gratified to have read how the talk was going, two years ago.

Look, friends.

Look, and consider.

In two years, if you look back on your advice of today, what will you think?
Are you ready for the consequences of love?
smokin

scoundrel's photo
Mon 03/23/09 01:29 AM
The hoarfrost of age is the rime of icy death reaching out to gather mortality into its relentless grasp. Its power drags us backwards from the eternal luster of youth, pulling the essence of life into the soil from whence life arises. We grow in youth, bloom in young maturity, ripen to fruitfulness and then go to seed. As the shafts of wheat and corn give up their purpose when the growth matured, so too do people wane away--unless they plan, and fight to live harder, and longer, and then the graying or whitening hairs and loss of youth is replaced with the vigorous strength of determination. That is life by plan, by design, and is far more dependable and stable than the happenstance of exuberant youth. Choose your path to find comfort at night, knowing that the graying visitor will fit well with the life of choice that greets you each morning and is at peace with your dreams.

Live long, and prosper.

scoundrel's photo
Mon 03/23/09 12:51 AM

We all know the story of good ol' Pinnochio
Who told lies and his nose would grow.
But what I have worked out (being a marvelous sleuth)
Is that this reason for growth is far from the truth.

The actual tale is twisted, cruel and demented-
It was a secret, but Penguin books relented
And gave me the green light, the thumbs up, the go ahead
To reveal the striking disorder on Pinocchio's head.

So how the true story of Pinnochio really goes,
Is that his nose was his penis and his penis his nose.
Don't laugh, it's not funny, it's a horrible thing!
Can you imagine the torment such a disorder would bring?

Reminds me of that movie, starring Steve Martin...the looong nose, and the romance....Cyrano de Bergerac...or something.

scoundrel's photo
Sun 03/22/09 06:26 PM

:cry: How much would it bother you if you found out that nobody actually loved you?:cry:

There's a reason for hunting season, parasailing, climbing cliffs, spitting at rattlesnakes, whizzing on bear trees, etc.

scoundrel's photo
Sun 03/22/09 06:23 PM
focus upon the top priority: Their joy is my joy; their suffering is my suffering; our togetherness trumps everything.

scoundrel's photo
Sun 03/22/09 06:20 PM
If it's just people kicking your butt, then maybe the nudges are meant a bit differently than is assumed. glasses

scoundrel's photo
Sun 03/22/09 06:18 PM
There are umpteen options for the flirts to be handled wisely...without either person becoming antisocial in the process.

Should a relationship cause the lovers to grow porcupine quills? (Oh! Poor them. They were such nice people, until they hooked up. Blyech.)

scoundrel's photo
Sun 03/22/09 05:42 PM
This is perfect-o!!

scoundrel's photo
Sun 03/22/09 05:10 AM
I am my dishwasher.

If this dishwasher breaks down, then...well..it can't break. LOL

scoundrel's photo
Sun 03/22/09 05:09 AM
:heart: Ljcc1964 :banana: :banana: :banana: bigsmile

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25