Community > Posts By > scoundrel

scoundrel's photo
Sat 03/14/09 07:14 PM
dd
Lots of things look better in the darkness, or with special lighting. The real beauty is when you want to wake up with them, in the raw naked light of morning. I used to think that seeing a person at their worst, in that light, was a test of commitment.
Then I got older.
Age is a bigger test of love than any momentarily weary youth. Fugly comes with age. But older love sees the whole person, inside and out, and then the definitions of true prettiness are changed. She will be pretty, forever, to me.
There is trust in older commitment that defied my understanding, when I was young. Belonging and real togetherness fill such an immense void--a hollow place that was too vast for my zestful youth to comprehend.
Never mind. I'm just talking to myself.
***sigh***

scoundrel's photo
Sat 03/14/09 07:02 PM
Yes.
But I make sure to buy the listeners some drinks first, so that they can honestly think highly of whatever I say.

scoundrel's photo
Sat 03/14/09 07:00 PM

i've given this some thought, and i think i might benefit from being asexual. no men, no women, just me. it's time for me to get serious about things (ignore the picture). maybe now i can accomplish my dream of becoming a professional napper, or a sumo weasel wrestler...theres lots to think about here...lots of seriousness about seriously serious things

You're 18, just ended a 3 year relationship, and you're talking about just enjoying sex by yourself.
There's a story between those lines. Feeling a bit used? Like the "pretty people" that are seen as objects, and having difficulty being "seen" without just being looked at?
Not saying that you are right or wrong.
You've got this one chance to learn to use youthfulness and looks to enhance your daily life and your future. Because they will fade. It won't come back, even when you're told that you look better and better.
Today's options for a good life are there. Use your goodies, for a great job, and start college, and look at careers...play the damn game to win, for you, because nobody else is responsible to do it for you.
And then, when you're OLD and in your mid/late twenties...

scoundrel's photo
Sat 03/14/09 11:04 AM

why is St. Patrick's Day on; March 17th??

Because that is the day Saint Patrick was said to have died. Contrary to popular belief Saint Patrick did not banish all the snakes from Ireland (scientific evidence shows there were no snakes in post glacial Ireland anyway) Saint Patrick was one of the many priests to spread Christianity to pagen Ireland. He used the shamrock (3 leaves not 4) to explain the idea of the holy trinity.

Sometimes, you write cool stuff. drinker

scoundrel's photo
Sat 03/14/09 11:00 AM

:tongue: Posts about red flags are a red flag:tongue:

laugh laugh laugh drinker

scoundrel's photo
Sat 03/14/09 10:26 AM
Cool stuff.

Thanks for the view. drinker

scoundrel's photo
Sat 03/14/09 10:22 AM
Just knowing that there is E=mc(squared) is a relief...not that I must understand the equation or apply it, or get past Chapter 5 of Einstein's Theory of Relativity.

I mean...the sun does not revolve around the earth; the world is not flat (right?); etc.

Plus, after having learned applied physics, algebra, calculus, and other formula-driven practices, it changed my appreciation for the immensity of ongoing interactive magnificence that we call the ordinary world. By learning to build little things and then looking again at the wonders of the world, my awe increased.
drinker

scoundrel's photo
Sat 03/14/09 10:15 AM

physical therapy??? giggle therapy??? you're just f*cking nuts therapy??? what kind of therapy???

There's a therapy just for nuts?? noway

scoundrel's photo
Sat 03/14/09 10:11 AM
The list is QUITE LENGTHY, as s1owhand pointed out.
Did that bother me?
Maybe it did...but that minor irritation was overcome by a bigger "pinch" when I began to see myself in some of those red flags! That's when I decided to view the entire list...to check myself out, and also because I am stubborn. :wink:

There are three drawbacks (from my perspective)to that list.
1. For some of the flags, there isn't an explanation. grumble
2. There are several numbers in the sequence without any item...and the blank area caused me to wonder, "What the hell was there? Why was it pulled? Why wasn't the numbering condensed so that I wouldn't wonder about this nonsense?" yawn
3. Now that I have a "heads up!" about some things, there isn't a problem with the flagged factor because I know that I can handle this stuff (in myself or others) without it blind-siding me.smokin

tanyaann:

I think for the most part its a good list. Unfortunately, it isn't common sense for some people. Those that didn't have a good family background may find the list enlightening.

Yes, indeed. My family background showed up as a negative...and that isn't the only "Fix it!" area that I need to be aware of. ohwell drinker

scoundrel's photo
Sat 03/14/09 02:41 AM

There are scads of reasons to "Flag" a trait that deserves caution. A list of those flags is called a Red Flag List.

I sometimes do bonehead stuff. Now that I am in a relationship, I decided to read a list of red flags. By understanding why I make mistakes, I gain the power to change my reasoning or to change my actions/reactions. Understanding why other people might make these mistakes improves my ability to communicate in a positive way, and to avoid misunderstandings.
Sounds reasonable?
Now, after reading a comprehensive list of "flag" traits, I wonder whether other Minglers should also expand their "Red Flag List."

http://www.scribd.com/doc/33897/THE-RED-FLAG-LIST-If-your-partner-has-any-of-these-traits-get-ready-to-run-for-your-life

What do you think?

scoundrel's photo
Sat 03/14/09 01:31 AM
I need them to run a Defrag on my brain...clean out the trash and organize the remaining 9% to function at optimal capacity.

scoundrel's photo
Thu 03/12/09 11:50 PM
Now....NOW....I want my printer hooked up!!!

drinker drinker :banana: :banana:

scoundrel's photo
Thu 03/12/09 11:38 PM
You're in a good place, here.
Maybe you'll try other places, but you'll come back here.
It's like that...really...because the people take an interest in you and your success and life in general.

Good luck. drinker

scoundrel's photo
Thu 03/12/09 11:27 PM

I never had a bad friday the 13th before last month , jeeez my back an my neck an my butt STILL hurt , still have a wee scratch toooonoway

Neck, back, and butt...and a scratch? The guy who was behind you...is gone?

scoundrel's photo
Thu 03/12/09 11:22 PM

oh jeezuz

its almost friday the 13th AGAIN
noway
I think I will stay home tomorrow just to be safe laugh
hey, now friday the 13th aint all bad ...i was born on friday the 13th !flowerforyou

Each Friday the 13th is like a mini-celebration for you, Chevy?

scoundrel's photo
Thu 03/12/09 09:46 AM

Tell someone you are dating they should take medications or enter into counseling if they really need it?
Is it better to walk away? If so, why?

If it's that medication whose impact can last longer than four hours...and they should call their doctor...tell him to take his meds. bigsmile

scoundrel's photo
Thu 03/12/09 09:20 AM

Being a libra sucks rocks.

Oh the reply I could produce.....

Bring it. :wink: bigsmile

I can't remember what it was now.....but it had SOMETHING to do with sucking rocks...:wink:

******BIG HUG********drool love U ROCK

scoundrel's photo
Thu 03/12/09 02:38 AM
Edited by scoundrel on Thu 03/12/09 02:39 AM

can you put this in redneck term's for me please ???

Sure thing, friend.

This is the one that you want your life insurance would buy the farm for, to keep care of her when you pass on.drinker

scoundrel's photo
Thu 03/12/09 12:43 AM
maybe the weird star is the space station.

scoundrel's photo
Thu 03/12/09 12:27 AM

smile2 Do you believe some people can bring out the worst in you?smile2

Yes, and it's a blessed relief to have all that stuff disposed of in one place, and the other people in my life will disbelieve and distrust anybody that speaks a harsh word about me.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25