Community > Posts By > Dramatic Muffin

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 10/26/22 06:01 AM

I was married to somebody, with a completely different agenda, it didn't work. It was a clash between a biased conservative (also staunch Catholic) family versus a liberal (in all senses) family.

I am very active in politics, so for me there has to be some common ground. Not 100% agreement, but at least some common ground. Which is not possible, as soon as issues like bias and xenophobia kick in.

Do you feel like the differences in politics and ideologies was a primary divide in your relationship? Or did it play only a small role?

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 10/26/22 05:53 AM
Hm...I'll guess Pumpi? waving

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 10/26/22 05:07 AM
Edited by Dramatic Muffin on Wed 10/26/22 05:10 AM

Leah and Rocky

ooo, I actually like this pairing. Good one, Slim. :thumbsup:

Another match I could see is Bart and JulieABush.

Maybe Gia and Mr.GoodGuy.

And of course, River and Mike! :heart:

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 10/26/22 04:58 AM
Welcome! I see that you have photos in your profile.
Are you able to set one as your main photo? Or was it intentional that you don't have one?

In any case, we are glad you are here. We need more active posters! waving

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 10/26/22 04:52 AM

Looking for my glasses... Grrrrr.

Usually on top of your head tongue2

OT -- Going to garden centre to get potting soil and plants. Now busy putting the plants in the pots, having a coffee & cig break.

My head was the first place I checked. laugh

Would you believe they fell into a small trash can? I had shredded papers. Never would have found them.

OT: Jumping head first into the fire.

Signing up for a Silent Dinner. Literally no talking. The dinner is with others from the deaf and hard of hearing community.

Anyone is invited.

Stoked to meet new people. Begin learning more of Deaf/HH culture and apply what I know/have learned into real life applications.

That's really interesting, Stormy! Did you say you knew some ASL? Let us know how it goes!

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 10/26/22 04:51 AM
Coffee and chocolate chip cookies. One of my students brought cookies for the class, but five of my 14 kids were missing today. So guess who took extras home? That's right--ME. bigsmile

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 10/26/22 04:44 AM

In person... 9 so far. All but two were friends I met in forums.

Getting ready to meet another friend in about 8 days bigsmile

bigsmile

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 10/26/22 04:43 AM

Exactly, that's pretty much how it is for me as well.

However, like Crystal, I believe if we truly click and resonate with each other, that our politic views aren't going to be so far apart that it would be an issue.

Hi River! I agree. I would consider myself a moderate, and could probably date someone pretty firmly ensconced in either direction. However, I am very put off by extreme views or zealotry of any kind.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 10/26/22 04:38 AM

I just read a BBC article about how politics is increasingly a deal-breaker on the U.S. dating scene. https://apple.news/AzU0rNxXDRvSD2FjrAhu7BQ

Is this the case for you? To what degree (if any) does a person’s political views influence your decision on whether to date them?

For me, it depends, If they are open-minded like I am, and we can have a civil conversation about it in the rare circumstance it comes up, then no it is not a dealbreaker... However if they are close minded and just want to argue then it's a major dealbreaker...

Yep, I think that's a big key as well--whether the both of you are willing to keep an open mind and really listen to opposing views

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 10/26/22 04:36 AM

I see men ask about this regularly in the quizzes I've spoken of before on that particular dating site.
I always skip such quizzes and men.
I don't like it when a man isn't open and interested to get to know me, but is judgemental, has such fixed ideas that he'd immediately reject a person.

I do agree that when political opinions and ideologies lie far apart it's not going to work, but then I do think when you really click you won't be that far apart politically.

Hi Crystal! You make an interesting point in that if you really click you likely wouldn't be that far apart politically.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 10/26/22 01:15 AM

As for me, yes! Though I wouldn't use the term - "deal breaker", but I don't foresee a relationship with someone diametrically opposite in the political spectrum.

That's fair. Some people are pretty emphatic about their political views, and this might cause a lot of debates (or arguments) if partners differ enough in ideology.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 10/26/22 01:11 AM

We're apolitical in this house.

Though, it can be fun sneaking down
to the political forum, and tipping
over that outhouse.

Ha! People definitely do get riled over there! laugh

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 10/26/22 01:10 AM

Not really their position as such, but their relationship to it. If all they have on their mind, and all they can talk about is, "blah blah blah politics this, and blah blah blah political that", then I'm outta there.

I can definitely understand that, Motown. There are so many other things to talk about! smile2

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Tue 10/25/22 05:46 PM
I just read a BBC article about how politics is increasingly a deal-breaker on the U.S. dating scene. https://apple.news/AzU0rNxXDRvSD2FjrAhu7BQ

Is this the case for you? To what degree (if any) does a person’s political views influence your decision on whether to date them?

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Mon 10/24/22 08:03 AM

In the occasion of Diwali, I wish all the mingle friends.

Have a joyful Diwali full of peace and light. :heart:

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Mon 10/24/22 07:59 AM
Edited by Dramatic Muffin on Mon 10/24/22 07:59 AM

Going to see my middle child in hospital , they got admitted in again yesterday due to type 1 diabetes complications, i stayed with them there over night but popped back home to get some stuff .,

I'm sorry to hear that, Moomin! I hope they will be okay and able to leave the hospital soon. It's great that you were able to be there with them. :heart:

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Fri 10/21/22 05:04 AM
Edited by Dramatic Muffin on Fri 10/21/22 05:04 AM
On today’s agenda will be culling my FB friends list, as I just realized that I have 666 friends. Can’t have that.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Fri 10/21/22 04:51 AM
Thinking I just read a meme that cracked me up:

“Making soup is witchcraft. We put plants, spices and dead animals into a cauldron and follow directions from a book written by old people.”

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Fri 10/21/22 04:48 AM

I do...it's the laws of attraction we attract what we put out. YOU need to create that reality for things to start flowing in yourself.

You can't wait around and expect it to drop out of the sky onto your lap. It takes action, dedicated, believing and a passion to light a fire under your butt like you wouldn't believe. Live life like it already happened.

For me I made it my passion for change. Working on goals, mind,body and soul. Changing my mindset I'm going after my dreams and know I will achieve them. career, happiness, health. With a positive mindset I raised my vibration to attract good things/people into my life all around.

I know my future is going to be better than I could ever imagine. Why? because I'm willing to put in the work.

Love this post, Gia! I have so much respect for people who are always trying to reflect and improve. :heartpulse: You’ve just reminded me that I need to get my butt in gear and work harder on myself.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Fri 10/21/22 04:44 AM
Thanks, River and Merry! :heartpulse:

thinking When I was in Kathmandu in the early 70s ... along with the rest of the hippies under banners like ' give peace a chance ' ' make love not war! ... it was totally insane with all the stuff going on in the street... stayed at Hotel Woodland s and ate plenty of buff.... aka ...buffalo !
You right Bonnie .... I did come away a changed person.... stoned outta my mind ha ha !!

Slim, what were you doing in Kathmandu? Did you do the trek to the Mt. Everest Base Camp?