Community > Posts By > Dramatic Muffin

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Fri 11/04/22 07:53 AM
Sure...why not? Anything is possible. All the best. flowerforyou

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Fri 11/04/22 07:51 AM
I actually really liked your profile. It's way better written than most, and I loved the photos. The way you staged them to reflect the potential vantage point of the viewer (as though they were sitting across from you at the dinner table, or on the other side of the seesaw) was really clever. I hope you'll become a regular poster in the forums. We need you! smile2

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Thu 11/03/22 06:27 AM

Sounds fantastic , you and mark will have an awesome time .
Me and my kids usually go to a Christmas market in one of the cities near us , it’s not that big but it’s quite cute and a nice setting . It hasn’t been in for the last few years so looking forward to it again

That sounds really nice, Moomin! Christmas markets are a fun place to go with family. I've been to some small ones too--I love them all! And I mainly go for the snacks and gluhwein! :heart:

OT: Feeling full. I ordered delivery from P.F. Chang's. Beef broccoli with fried rice, plus a slice of cheesecake!

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Thu 11/03/22 06:16 AM
I clicked on your profile so I could review it, but you've already deactivated. So 0/10--would not recommend.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Thu 11/03/22 06:16 AM
I clicked on your profile so I could review it, but you've already deactivated. So 0/10--would not recommend.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Thu 11/03/22 06:15 AM
I heard this same thing (from a different source) about ten years ago. I found it very powerful, and at that time I did decide to remove negative/toxic people from my life. It made a big difference in my mindset, and I made some changes and ended up taking a huge risk. I was actually talking about this recently with someone.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Tue 11/01/22 04:43 AM
Edited by Dramatic Muffin on Tue 11/01/22 05:00 AM
Hi Crystal! flowerforyou

Wow, if an American thinks that Thanksgiving is a huge national holiday outside of the US (and Canada), they should probably get out and travel a bit, or at least do some reading. (I mean, there several are other countries that have Thanksgiving holidays, but they are on different dates and are not considered as big a holiday). We were taught in school from a young age about the reason we have Thanksgiving in the U.S. Knowing its origins, I'm not sure why anyone would think it would apply to other countries.

Although, I have to say...I have lived in countries where some of the restaurants did put on an American Thanksgiving turkey dinner. In China we always had a lot of options for Thanksgiving dinner in restaurants, which I thought was strange. And Black Friday sales go on in a lot of countries too.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Tue 11/01/22 04:16 AM

Hi Bonnie flowerforyou waving
How exciting! I definitely need to get my passport. Traveling around Europe during the holidays sounds so wonderful. Just like in those cheesey Hallmark Christmas movies I watch... always makes me wish I was there :heart:

Thanks, River! I love Hallmark Christmas movies too! You must be talking about the ones like "Christmas in Rome" and "Christmas in Vienna", right? smile2 Have you watched Christmas Bedtime Stories? I watched it last night. What did you think of it? Did you see that a lot of the Hallmark actors have moved over to GAC?

Oh, that's going to be great!
For some reason Christmas market daytrips to Germany are quite popular here. I've never been as you have to leave very early in the morning which isn't my thing, hihi.

But two weeks together, that's wonderful! So happy for the two of you. You're really making this work. Such a joy to see that happen. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thanks, Crystal! That's so nice of you to say! flowerforyou I've been to several European Christmas markets in various countries (including Germany). I really love them! I have to say that there is something about the one in Munich that I find so magical. Definitely going back to that one! Do you have Christmas markets near you?

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Mon 10/31/22 11:21 PM
I Zoomed with Mark this morning (we purchased flights for December), went for an MRI, went to the pharmacy, came to school late (where it's Book Character Day), after school I have a meeting and then I'm going home and watching a cheesy Hallmark Christmas movie before Zooming with Mark again before bed.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Mon 10/31/22 11:17 PM

Is it OK just to look for sex

As long as you do not touch anything.

laugh

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Mon 10/31/22 11:14 PM
She's willing to continually reflect and grow. flowerforyou

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Mon 10/31/22 11:08 PM
Edited by Dramatic Muffin on Mon 10/31/22 11:09 PM
Hi Blondey! How are you, my friend? flowerforyou

Once I went on a first date to a restaurant with a guy I'd met online. In one of our conversations leading up to the first date, we had been joking around about each of us being really good at the game Chutes and Ladders. On the date, he brought a mini travel-sized version of the game for us to play while we waited for our dinner to arrive. He even brought a prize for whoever won the game--a box of chocolates (I won). After the date was over he gave me the game to keep. I thought that was adorable! We had a great time. We ended up just being friends, but I will always hold him in high regard for being so thoughtful.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Mon 10/31/22 09:18 PM
Thinking that having to wear this big old mobilization boot on my foot seems like overkill for an injury involving my toe.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Mon 10/31/22 06:53 PM
Excited and happy. Mark and I just booked our flights to spend two weeks at Christmas together in Germany. Christmas markets here we come!

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Mon 10/31/22 03:32 AM
Happy Halloween, all! :jack_o_lantern::ghost:

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Mon 10/31/22 03:30 AM
I was alone for eight years before I met my current partner. I definitely needed that time to get my head straight.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 10/26/22 11:30 PM

It's not one of the things I take into consideration, unless every conversation leads to something political. I find that most people who I converse with, who have strong political views, do not care to hear my opinion, unless I'm agreeing with them, of course. So it wouldn't take me more than a minute to decide that it's not a relationship that's worth forming.

On the dating site that I'm on, I was at first surprised by how many men state on their profile, "If you voted for Biden...." and ended with something derogatory, were online. Now I'm so used to seeing it, it seems like the profile is incomplete without it.

I'm very thankful that it's so prevalent on their profile though, because it saves me from even wondering if we'd be a match...I can just ignore them, and keep looking for someone who isn't soooo close-minded. I have no desire to date anyone who is a control freak. And yes, that's exactly what I think you are if you can't allow anyone else to have an opinion that is different from yours, without you trying to brow-beat and belittle them.

Hi TechFairy! waving Wow, that's interesting that people actually have that written in their profile. Totally agree, that does sound very controlling. It's interesting how strongly some people can feel about politics in dating, when it's the day-to-day stuff that you'd think would matter more.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 10/26/22 11:30 PM

It's not one of the things I take into consideration, unless every conversation leads to something political. I find that most people who I converse with, who have strong political views, do not care to hear my opinion, unless I'm agreeing with them, of course. So it wouldn't take me more than a minute to decide that it's not a relationship that's worth forming.

On the dating site that I'm on, I was at first surprised by how many men state on their profile, "If you voted for Biden...." and ended with something derogatory, were online. Now I'm so used to seeing it, it seems like the profile is incomplete without it.

I'm very thankful that it's so prevalent on their profile though, because it saves me from even wondering if we'd be a match...I can just ignore them, and keep looking for someone who isn't soooo close-minded. I have no desire to date anyone who is a control freak. And yes, that's exactly what I think you are if you can't allow anyone else to have an opinion that is different from yours, without you trying to brow-beat and belittle them.

Hi TechFairy! waving Wow, that's interesting that people actually have that written in their profile. Totally agree, that does sound very controlling. It's interesting how strongly some people can feel about politics in dating, when it's the day-to-day stuff that you'd think would matter more.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 10/26/22 06:09 AM

Most people I know go back and forth left and right. Depending on issue. That's fine. But I dont like and cant deal with anyone absorbed with politics. Or all the way right or left. Also anyone with politics on profile pic was instant ignore. Not dealing with it. But most people i can get along with, and agree to disagree.

Yeah, probably if someone has a prominent display of politics in their profile, I can understand why you might want to avoid them.

Dramatic Muffin's photo
Wed 10/26/22 06:09 AM

Most people I know go back and forth left and right. Depending on issue. That's fine. But I dont like and cant deal with anyone absorbed with politics. Or all the way right or left. Also anyone with politics on profile pic was instant ignore. Not dealing with it. But most people i can get along with, and agree to disagree.

Yeah, probably if someone has a prominent display of politics in their profile, I can understand why you might want to avoid them.