Community > Posts By > LexFonteyne

no photo
Tue 05/08/12 01:03 PM
You know, if you lived closer, I would try to con you into going gray pen shopping with me....

no photo
Tue 05/08/12 12:41 PM
It's wise not to rush into anything ever, especially after what you've been through.

You need time to heal, to reassess, to sort out, to get back on your feet.

Someone who truly cares will be OK with this. They'll want you to do what's best for you.

no photo
Sun 05/06/12 02:04 PM

Would you go for a drive up into the mountains (about 30-45 minutes away) With someone you've only talked to online/texted ? The "date" would have been after dark and he also mentioned he might buy some wine to drink.

I politely declined and suggested something more public for our first meeting.
What would you have done?

I think you did the right thing, it all sounds a little too isolationist for me....

Better to be safe, and all that....

no photo
Sun 05/06/12 01:33 PM

You kids are looking at this from the wrong angle....

Illiteracy ain't a bad thing. I LOVE it when a woman can't say "no"

Right, but it's a little disturbing when she can't spell it.

Or when they spell know as no.

Ya'll are splitting hairs.....which ain't gonna get you any closer to butt naked time.

That's like being ten feet away from the sun and worrying about what happens if it gets a half-inch closer. Because it really isn't gonna make an appreciable difference at that point!

no photo
Sun 05/06/12 01:01 PM

You kids are looking at this from the wrong angle....

Illiteracy ain't a bad thing. I LOVE it when a woman can't say "no"

Right, but it's a little disturbing when she can't spell it.

no photo
Sun 05/06/12 12:34 PM

Uh...why do you always assume I am talking about you? I'm surprised you found me at the bottom of the bottle. Carry on talking about your ex and misery.:tongue:

Looks like this train is back on track....

no photo
Sat 05/05/12 06:19 AM

Its discouraging when you see someone nice and send then a message. No reply or even an acknowledgement.. Too bad ladies.

My experience has been that, if you want people to talk to you here, you have to be in the forums.

When I first signed up, I sent some messages out to local people, and never got a reply. Not one. And I've written eight books, so it's not like I don't know how to compose a message.

After I had been in the forums for awhile, they started writing to me.

no photo
Fri 05/04/12 07:42 PM
I wrote 8 books....that's pretty much it, on a personal level, but I feel pretty good about it.

And there are a hell of a lot of good people on this site....

no photo
Wed 05/02/12 08:04 PM

I am struggling with saying goodbye. I just don't know what to do anymore....

You know exactly what to do. And you know it's right.

no photo
Wed 05/02/12 06:49 AM
Absolutely not!!!

shades

no photo
Tue 05/01/12 06:14 PM
One of the things that has always impressed me about this site is the ongoing sense of community, sense of family. There really are people here who do care, beyond the words in the forum boxes, beyond the words in the e-mails and IMs.

I haven't seen this on any of the other sites I've tried. Not even close.

And I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but I'm glad it did.

no photo
Mon 04/30/12 01:34 PM

dear newbs,
get some ****ing pictures.
sincerely,
b.

+1

I say she should get a "touche" for that one and an extra point for saying what everyone else thinks. Only I would write: Dear Newbie Scammers. Get some pictures. Oh and do not try to scam Terri or Lex. They are scammer busters and probably being moody and will rip your feet off and feed them too you. They have too much internet access and free time and the ability to write complaints.

And I have no compunctions whatsoever about turning in the ones who are to be liking my structure.

no photo
Mon 04/30/12 01:13 PM

Humm I guess it all depends on how much effort one puts into things of what they get out of it.......whoa

Myself I'm here for the forums ......:thumbsup:

What gets me are the e-mails I get where they go off how compatiable we are yet they never read my profile to find out that if they don't live within the area they are barking up the wrong tree...

Or the e-mails just say hi hope your having a good day.......humm if ya send a e-mail and it is just statements no questions you most likely want get and e-mail back duhhh...

Or if ya start off with ohh baby I think we would get along great...shshsh what I want to send back is humm one I'm not your baby and two I have a name and the reason you don't know it is cause we want get along....slaphead

All I can say is if your not getting e-mails back then one should re think what they are sending to someone in e-mail..:thumbsup:

My favorites are the ones where they say "I read your profile and I really loved it! Where are you and what do you do?" Uh, that's IN my profile. If you had actually read it, you wouldn't be asking.

Lately I'm getting a lot of one-word messages: "Hi" or "hello," with nothing else. Nothing much to work with.

no photo
Sun 04/29/12 12:36 PM

being the hipster that i am,
i like to claim that i don't follow trends.
lies!
i simply believe the world is finally selling stuff that i like.
all the old people clothes tickle my fancy.
at what age do you think people stop following trends?
do you still keep up with what's new and hip?
although defining what's new is a bit of conundrum considering so much stuff comes back around.
for example the off the shoulder shirts and leggings.
o.O
and if you tell me that you've never followed any fashion trends,
I WILL CUT YOU.

I have never followed any fashion trends....

Because I don't know what they are. I don't pay attention to that stuff. It doesn't matter. Wear what you want, wear what you like, other people will let some whackjob in France tell them that orange and pink open-toed shoes are all the rage for summer, but it doesn't matter.

I just buy stuff that appeals to me, for whatever reason. Sometimes it's just the color of the thing.

no photo
Sun 04/29/12 11:28 AM
....three years, four months, a couple weeks, and counting.....!

Some things never change....!

shades

no photo
Sat 04/28/12 06:51 PM

I just wanted to find out everyones' opinion when viewing someone's profile and there are multiple misspelled words, especially when their profession says something like "civil engineer" or "government" etc. You would think they should of a higher education caliber.

When I see things like "I'm studying to be a physoclogist," it makes me wonder about their long-term suitability for such a profession. Seems to me you should at least be able to spell whatever it is you do....

The odd typo is no big deal, but when their profile reads like it was written by a cat meandering randomly over a keyboard, it's hard for me to generate much interest....

no photo
Sat 04/28/12 05:44 AM

You're doing the right thing.

There comes a time when you realize you can't fix it, you can't solve everything, all by yourself. It has to work both ways, and one person can't do it if the other one isn't willing to put forth some effort.

It's a learning process. If you learn something from it, something that helps in the future, something that allows you to recognize red flags before it goes on too long, then maybe it's worth it.

Sometimes that's a tough call.

But "I can't do this anymore" isn't necessarily an admission of failure at all. Sometimes it's just an acknowledgment that something really isn't helping you, really isn't good for you, and you're better off without that.

The thing is, there wasn't ANY effort and I knew this. Waking up was the best thing that ever happened to me.

I am always going to be better than him because I know in my heart he deserves exactly what he puts forth onto others.

OK, but I'd advise against phrasing it in terms of "better," etc. That comes across as a little too compensatory, a little too much "need to be the bigger person," and, while I see some use for that, it also indicates that you're letting it dictate your mindset to some extent.

Done is done. Over is over. Let it go and move on. You don't have to dwell on him, his issues, his shortcomings, etc., anymore. You have no control over him -- and, to be honest, it wouldn't really do you any good if you did.

no photo
Fri 04/27/12 07:53 PM
You're doing the right thing.

There comes a time when you realize you can't fix it, you can't solve everything, all by yourself. It has to work both ways, and one person can't do it if the other one isn't willing to put forth some effort.

It's a learning process. If you learn something from it, something that helps in the future, something that allows you to recognize red flags before it goes on too long, then maybe it's worth it.

Sometimes that's a tough call.

But "I can't do this anymore" isn't necessarily an admission of failure at all. Sometimes it's just an acknowledgment that something really isn't helping you, really isn't good for you, and you're better off without that.

no photo
Mon 04/23/12 10:03 AM

Throughout life you will meet one person who is like no other. You could talk to this person for hours and never get bored, you could tell this person things and they will never judge you. This person is your soulmate... your best friend... never let them go...

I found mine in 1999, been going back and forth with her ever since....but it never sticks!

no photo
Thu 04/19/12 07:13 PM
Make sure you tell them about your yellow border, that usually makes an impression....!

shades

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25