Community > Posts By > LexFonteyne

no photo
Wed 03/21/12 04:22 PM

Sounds more like a scam...lol

Well, they're all scams. Some of them are just higher up on the Scamometer.

no photo
Wed 03/21/12 04:06 PM
Here is something I got today on another site:

==========

Hi.
Are you looking for a bride? Maybe I'm the that interest you!
My name is ******** and last name is ********. I live in Gelendzhik. I am a nice "kitten" with high sense of humor. You can see for yourself in my photos.

I am 27 years. I have a good education and a profession favorite. I love music and sport,a little bit men's))) and be in good shape.
I have long hair and brown eyes and would love to write letters with good man. Oh, I can speak for hours about my ideal match and how I see relations with my true love. If you dream you meet me then contact me http://*********.**.** communicating with me is easy and interesting and you will never be bored with me.

==========

Ah, spring. Green Card Fever is in the air....

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 09:07 PM

Lex, just play like a duck and let it roll off your back. Some people just might like to have an excuse to put someone down anyway they can to make themselves feel better. You stick to your guns because if you settle for something that's not your ideal preference or your deal breaker, you'll always wonder if you should have waited just a little bit longer. That might be worse than just waiting for your right match to finally cross your path.

For sure -- every time I have ever relaxed the standards a little, I ended up in a hellish nightmare of torture and confusion, or married, which basically amounts to the same thing....

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 07:03 PM

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh...........

Don't take it..........

Personally.......per say..........
laugh huh laugh

I couldn't..........resist!!

Not that I have anything against cats, purr say....

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 05:33 PM

Does ect stand for extra sensory perception? I mean, why not, and I can back it up with reasons.

It stands for "ectoplasm." As such, its usage tends to be a bit limited.

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 05:32 PM

Back on topic...

at the other site I tried that I was banned for life from....

I was making friendly with this nice chick and I posted something in an art discussion and gave my opinion...

"Salvadore Dali, Vincent Van Gough, Worhol and Mannet were no talent hacks"

...I got read the riot act over the phone about how I am never to say that again....that chick went OFF...I just sat there grinning. I mean she was P!SSED.

I let her b!tchn moan....Cause I say what I actually think. I say lotsa thing that people don't agree with but, only very rarely do they take it personal.

People usually only take it personal when I am intentionally ripping open the deep scars.

Right, but why on God's gray Earth would anyone get offended by another person's opinions about artists? Is it worth blowing a gasket over?

I mean, I love Andy Warhol's work. But I know he's not everyone's cup of Brillo. And that's OK, why should that be an issue?

I get the deep scars part. I've noticed that, too. People get all bent out of shape if you get too close to the truth, or to something they perceive as truth. Like you're somehow exposing something they really really don't want exposed.

But....in the end, it's all just opinions and preferences and subjective thoughts and....and who cares? This woman that sent me the nasty e-mails, I really don't know what was on her mind today, I really don't care. She's exposed herself as the kind of person I try to avoid as much as possible. Did she really think that, by berating and disparaging me in an e-mail, I was suddenly going to change, to conform with whatever her delusional reality might be?

I don't think so....

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 05:16 PM

I'm selling tickets for the next big production.....

"Lex tames a......Schrew"

Front row are at a.....Premium!!!!!

Order now!!!!!

Selling fast!!!!!

Have you ever tried to get a shrew to leap through a flaming hoop, though?

It's not easy. They have a hard time with the whole concept.

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 05:14 PM

I just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out those cuss words and the closest I came to was "excrementals"

That was a good movie, though.

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 04:45 PM

I'm sure you'll get one, but I doubt if I'll be one of the characters!

you're a moderator;
it's impossible for you to stay out of the story line.
you're at the very least an extra!

I've always been more the behind-the-scenes type -- it works well for a writer....!

Although I'll be expecting to do a little walk-on if/when "Moving Day" gets made into a movie....!

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 04:43 PM

I got some very nasty e-mails from someone today -- she didn't like the fact that I had some things in my profile about who I would and would not be interested in dating....presumably because she was all of those things in the "would not" category. At least, that's how I interpreted what she wrote.

And this person came at me as if I had deliberately written what I wrote in my profile as some sort of attempt to minimize or belittle or exclude her, specifically -- which, of course, was never the case, seeing as how I never heard of her until today and the profile was written quite some time ago.

But it got me to wondering about why it is that people take this stuff so personally....

Let me flip it around for a second. I see profiles all the time where someone says "I'm not interested in anybody over 35." OK, I'm over 35, I understand what you're saying, I'm not gonna pursue you. Neither am I going to act like I've been personally attacked, either, though.

Because if you're not interested in anybody over 35, that's OK. That's your preference, that's your prerogative. Nobody can stand there and say, "Hey, wait, I'm 42, and here are seventeen reasons why you should date me anyway" if you don't want to listen to it.

If someone says "I don't want to date someone who ________," that's NOT the same as saying "All people who __________ are hellish demons from the depths of some stygian inferno and should be fed to piranhas on steroids." Hey, most of my friends on this site are single/divorced mothers. Why? Because they're all smart enough to know that my standards for dating have nothing to do with my standards for what makes a good person.

Critical upbringing, with possible guilt inferiority complex?? and maybe none of those things..........but possibly hit nerves on her hills of regrets in her life that makes her feel undatable in the so called market of fish??

My impression was she was not a happy camper....

Although people have been known to spew like that when they're simply having a bad day, so I couldn't make a pertinent diagnosis.

Just....not someone I would choose to deal with any further....

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 04:42 PM

H3ll Lex.........if it makes ya feel any better..

I don't meet any of you're preferences either....

And I am......Thankful........

But I still like ya!!!! I would never attack you in e-mail.....
or anywhere else for that matter.

You just keep beatin'em off with that stick Bro!!!!!

Geeezzzzzeeee.....

there are some kooks in the world!!!!!

She was kind of scary, actually....!

Kind of like Mothra in a giant flowered dress....

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 04:23 PM

never quite got that either

I mean, I get that some people are shallow or hypocritical jerks
excluding people for superficial things like race, or ethnicity, etc,,,,

but who would want to be with those people so much that theyd be offended when those people didnt want them

sometimes a preference is just a preference, and I Think everyone has them,

but sometimes 'mandates' cause a feeling of being superior/inferior to someone else, which few people like to feel

if we try to look at it that everyone is not a good match for everyone else,, it works a bit easier

And I think most of us have been in that position at one time or another: "I really wish that person liked me...."

But sometimes it just ain't gonna happen....

What's the point in getting all hostile and abusive about it?

I would never go out of my way to e-mail somebody just to give them a hard time about THEIR preferences. It just strikes me as rude, presumptuous, and totally unproductive.

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 04:16 PM

Okay I don't believe it but I read it!!!!!bigsmile

A lot less painful :wink: that is for sure.:thumbsup:

Well, hope that makes it easier for you to find someone who fits the description.:heart:

I think my profile actually causes amnesia.

Because lots of people contact me and say "I read your profile and I loved it! Where are you and what do you do?"

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 04:08 PM

Hey the fact she read your profile says something to her tolerance levels. Might not want to discount her completely...lol:wink:

Yeah, but I don't have the 1400-page profile up anymore. The new one is a lot shorter and possibly a little less redundant, although don't quote me on that.

Oh the book is gone? I used to read a bit each day to try to get through it:wink:

There are those who are waiting for the movie. I have some real doubts about the post-production, though.

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 04:07 PM

Well, this is probably why i sometimes prefer dating a naive guy, as he wouldn't have so much of a problem, if i didn't want to date him. He wouldn't go all crabby. Idk if it's only me who thinks this, but the younger men, seem to take dating more lightly. That trait i really admire. As you have less of a chance of being hung, drawn, and quartered, just because they're not what you prefer. It ain't YOUR problem. It's HERS. Who needs someone with a bad attitude like that? Not many.

Yup, that's exactly how I felt when I was reading her diatribes. Whose problem is it? Not mine, I just wrote some stuff on a profile page and forgot about it. I never told her to go all ballistic just because she's not my type.

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 04:05 PM

Well, as it turns out, there's such a thing as being TOO opposite....

and here i was looking forward to another mingle love story.
/:

I'm sure you'll get one, but I doubt if I'll be one of the characters!

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 03:48 PM

Hey the fact she read your profile says something to her tolerance levels. Might not want to discount her completely...lol:wink:

Yeah, but I don't have the 1400-page profile up anymore. The new one is a lot shorter and possibly a little less redundant, although don't quote me on that.

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 03:23 PM

one of the best and cutest woman i ever met was as dumb as a box of rocks, and it was the cutest thing i ever saw. just like Jessica Simpson, not a brain surgeon, but her dumbness makes her even cuter...

My ex-wife was like that. Absolutely adorable.

I should have gotten a puppy, it would have turned out so much better.

yea, well... sex with puppies is wrong on so many levels...
laugh laugh laugh

Hey, don't make me move this....!

puppies are always great, they love you no matter what, always playful, and never talk back. but they are not women...

We can always hope for advances in stem cell research....

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 03:22 PM

I know (some) people think differently, but juvenile insults isn't a good way of trying to change someone's mind...I will always think twice if I get a msg that starts off by saying 'although I don't meet your prefences etc'. That's honey to me...

Well, that's actually kind of considerate. I don't ever get those. I get "You're a %*&@@#$% because you don't want to get involved with someone like me, you worthless piece of &^%$##*&&!@?"

And then they tell me the seventeen reasons why I should reconsider them. But with lots of *%^$###!?*&!?&& thrown in.

I've never gotten one of those either but it would be nice :smile:

Normally, I just get msgs from people that either haven't read my profile or assume that I'll naturally makes allowances for the fact that they don't meet my criteria...sometimes I do (make allowances) as my preferences, although seeming rigid, are not always set in stone.

My e-mails tend to be either:

a.) one or two words ("Hi" or "Hello" or "How RU")

b.) obvious scams {"I am to be liking your structure" or "I the girl of meeting is in for all time of one of family life to see for the man of this been out with many times daily of the restaurant for grooming of the window")

c.) attempts at starting arguments that can't possibly go anywhere

d.) attempts to obtain information that is already in my profile ("I read your profile and I loved it! Where are you and what do you do?")

The last time I got an e-mail from someone I would consider a legitimate dating prospect was in 1947.

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 03:16 PM

Roughly 50% of the population is looking at your
profile and going into automatic embattlement mode.
Women are prewired to quickly assess, strategize
and enact the assault.

And there you are, waving all those preferences
at them.
It makes you freaking irresistible.

Now, if you said, "I am not picky,
I will take anyone" you would
find true peace.

But I'd also probably end up with someone like my ex-wife or worse (assuming such a thing is possible).

I don't even mind the assault, per se, provided it's civilized and well-written....(which it never is).

I'll admit, my profile does serve as a sort of "challenge" -- in a subtle, vaguely clinical way -- maybe people in general are not up for that, but maybe it serves as a low-level screener. I don't really know....?

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25