Community > Posts By > LexFonteyne

no photo
Tue 01/31/12 01:37 PM

4. "Loose" and "lose" are two different words.

The standard dating site usage is "Tired of dating loosers." I have seen this one far more often than I would have thought possible.

no photo
Tue 01/31/12 01:36 PM

Top Ten Grammar Pet Peeves

2. An apostrophe is never used to form a plural.

This is a real pet peeve of mine, as I see "There were two dog's chewing on bone's by the tree's in the back yard," etc., all the time.

Possessives and contractions, not plurals!!

Having said that, there are some sources which will allow for apostrophes in plurals in very limited circumstances, such as "She had two A's on her report card." While I don't really like it, I think it might be clearer than "She had two As on her report card," which just looks like a miscapitalized "as," even given that the sentence makes no sense that way.

no photo
Tue 01/31/12 01:27 PM

I have never been able to detect interest unless it's extremely blatant. (And sometimes not even then.)

So I suppose I would like it if they would find some way of letting me know that is a little more obvious -- otherwise I will never know....

Such as what?

I've had them just come up to me and blurt it out -- probably awkward, but leaves little room for ambiguity.

More normally, they send me something in writing or one of their friends talks to me about them.

no photo
Tue 01/31/12 12:58 PM
I have never been able to detect interest unless it's extremely blatant. (And sometimes not even then.)

So I suppose I would like it if they would find some way of letting me know that is a little more obvious -- otherwise I will never know....

no photo
Tue 01/31/12 12:26 PM

Have a cigar daily,
U will die 10 yrs earlyoops
Have drink daily,
U will die 30 yrs earlyoops
Love someone truly,
U will die dailypitchfork

By that formula, I'm gonna live forever!

shades
Looks like you and I are gonna be the last 2 men on earth.

Works for me. We'll have more office supplies than we could ever use.

no photo
Tue 01/31/12 12:25 PM

Have a cigar daily,
Have drink daily,
Love someone truly,

shades

hvent you got any of those?:angel:

I don't smoke, I don't drink, and I haven't been interested in anyone for several years now....

no photo
Tue 01/31/12 12:08 PM

Have a cigar daily,
Have drink daily,
Love someone truly,

shades

no photo
Tue 01/31/12 12:02 PM

I've found that when I actually make first contact, I end up getting along with them better than if it were the other way around.

That could backfire. In all honesty how many men actually like when we make the first move?

I'm not really worried about it backfiring. If they're not interested, they're not interested. We've had several discussions on here about who should make the first move. Most men are fine with a woman making the first move. Sometimes you just have to take a chance rather than waiting for something to happen.

I have to agree here. I don't think "first move" is a gender thing, I see it more as a willingness-to-express-interest thing. And interest certainly isn't gender-specific.

no photo
Tue 01/31/12 11:05 AM

I respond to interest if I'm interested in a person. I rarely make the first move though. I don't know why..it's just who I am. lol

I will be flirty if I like someone, but it's more super friendly than flirty, so its not extremely obvious that I'm into them, I guess. lol

I get that some people don't make the first move, but I don't get the "I don't know why" part. If you don't know why, who does?!

And if you won't make the first move, why not make it obvious you're into them, rather than them having to figure it out?

Honestly? I suppose it's because I like when a guy takes the initiative. I guess I'm old fashioned in my preferences.

But I'm not saying I would never take the initiative or make it obvious I like someone. I have before and I'm sure I'll have to again. If I'm THAT interested in someone and he's showing the same signs but not making any moves, I suppose I would. But I wouldn't necessarily like it. lol

I was just curious, lots of men say they are clueless when it comes to figuring out if someone is interested. So if they're clueless and you don't give them a clue, how does that work? :tongue:

True. But I wonder what clues they would recognize? I mean, maybe we should ask them what are signs they WOULD recognize and take note from that! hahaha

A billboard would be enough for me. I mean, assuming the interest was spelled out on it in really big letters. Otherwise I won't have a clue.

no photo
Tue 01/31/12 11:03 AM
I've bought five or six things from eBay, although not recently. Never had any problems.

no photo
Tue 01/31/12 08:13 AM

do you do anything about it? It can be here or in real life. How many of you would actually ask someone out that you are interested in? Or even at least let the person know you're interested?

Up until a few years ago, this was never a problem. I never had to figure out how to let someone know I was interested; there were always people around who were interested in me, and who would make it pretty obvious. On top of that, I had some friends who were always trying to fix me up with someone they knew. It was a pretty good system, I really didn't have to do anything!

Or, do you wait around and hope they figure it out and do something about it?

Nowadays, I'm in a situation where I don't know anyone in my area, and have had no luck trying to find ways to meet people. So I haven't really been interested in anyone for a very long time. And if someone like that did show up, I'm really not sure how I would handle it.

no photo
Tue 01/31/12 07:58 AM

Dont worry, you are even more unmatchable than Lex, you won't have to deal with being snapped up by some hunk in here.

I'll be keeping an eye on things anyway, i will act as security, if i see even a hint of romance between anyone i will step in and kill it. These things need to be nipped in the bud.

I'm sorry, but it is simply not possible for anyone to be more unmatchable than I am.

Once you've hit Absolute Zero, there is no farther down to go.

Recount!

OK in reality she is about %35002 percent less unmatchable than you.

But for the purpose of this thread, i was trying to reassure her and give her some comfort. You have ruined that, Lex. She is probably crying now, she could well be contemplating suicide, or something worse. I hope you are proud of yourself.

There is no crying in science! (I think that's how it goes....)

no photo
Mon 01/30/12 04:16 PM

Dont worry, you are even more unmatchable than Lex, you won't have to deal with being snapped up by some hunk in here.

I'll be keeping an eye on things anyway, i will act as security, if i see even a hint of romance between anyone i will step in and kill it. These things need to be nipped in the bud.

I'm sorry, but it is simply not possible for anyone to be more unmatchable than I am.

Once you've hit Absolute Zero, there is no farther down to go.

Recount!

no photo
Mon 01/30/12 10:59 AM

To me it means for better or for worse.

Agreed. I'm not sure how realistic that is, though. In my experience, people say this sort of thing all the time, but rarely (if ever) actually stick to it.

There is only one reason I would divorce or break up with someone. I have yet to meet a woman that can be that committed. It's not for better or for better.

Commitments, as presented to me, have always been initially dishonest, and ultimately highly manipulative. It's "for better or worse" as long as I fit into some generic, suffocating, pre-defined paradigm of what a man in a relationship is supposed to be and/or do. Of course, this is never presented up front.

no photo
Mon 01/30/12 05:10 AM

mr unmatchable, and well, she started a thread called "baby's on the brain"

lexfonteyne

mariahsfantasy

Lets face it, Lex is unmatchable with at least %132 of the women here (by his own admission).

It's true. Trying to find a woman who isn't obsessed with babies is like trying to find an anteater who isn't obsessed with ants.

no photo
Sun 01/29/12 05:54 PM
Let's not be too harsh on divorce. I personally found it a much better experience than marriage.

no photo
Sun 01/29/12 10:54 AM

I have not met a woman yet that will commit to a serious relationship.

I've met plenty of them, but it always has to be on their terms, no exceptions. Not really worth it....

no photo
Sun 01/29/12 10:49 AM

So, are any of ese's matches working out?

currently there is a cat fight brewing over manO

romeo's auction is at $2.00

and sadly, lex is still unmatchable

I think maybe it's time for a telethon....

no photo
Sun 01/29/12 09:39 AM

I hear I play hard to get. The reality is that I just don't normally pick up on when a girl is interested. I can think of so many reasons why she wouldn't or shouldn't be. Even if my friends tell me "Yo bro. Chick is into you. Wake up". I'll brush it off and just be in denial. Still, women see this as me playing hard to get. I even had one woman come to me and just get right in my face and said, "God you are so difficult. I LIKE YOU DIPSH*T"! Ahhhhhhh.....but that turned out to be lust. Good times.

Same here. I am completely unable to detect interest in me unless she puts up a billboard or something. For the most part, I just blame it on the Asperger's and forget about it....but it has happened often enough to become a repeating theme....

no photo
Sun 01/29/12 08:31 AM
In movies, sure....