Community > Posts By > LexFonteyne

no photo
Thu 02/16/12 12:20 PM

I actually know how to use apostrophes....

you refuse to stick to three periods.
>.<

Four. Four is the magic number....

If you start singing about conjunctions next..

Conjunction junction, what's your function....?

I'm just a bill.. yes I'm only a bill.. and I'm sitting here on capital hill.

In this context, it's Capitol Hill.

no photo
Thu 02/16/12 11:59 AM

>.<

If you start singing about conjunctions next..

Conjunction junction, what's your function....?

no photo
Thu 02/16/12 11:56 AM

>.<

no photo
Thu 02/16/12 11:14 AM

Is there anything that makes you different, than the collective of people.
Quirks, things of that nature.
If so.. what?

no photo
Wed 02/15/12 08:42 PM
I would, but nobody really has THAT much time to deal with this stuff....!

Aside from which, everybody on here already knows all my problems....

Well, except for the deadlines; I really don't talk about those. I generally ignore them, anyway....

no photo
Wed 02/15/12 03:12 PM

@Lex

Whatever. I still think that one's a stretch. Assuming she's standing up, the "Twin Towers" would be projecting horizontally, which hardly meshes well with the "towers" imagery.

Lets Assume she is in The Horizontal position and Then What?

@Singme

did you make that up?

Yes..Do You Like it?

@Spider
Does this mean you want to crash planes into her breasts until they are destroyed and then crash another plane into her pentagon?

Oval Office

See, I would have said "Oval Orifice" if I was going to use that one.

no photo
Wed 02/15/12 03:11 PM

Lets Assume she is in The Horizontal position and Then What?

I still think "Towers" is more than a little hyperbolic.

no photo
Wed 02/15/12 01:31 PM

Well, Im fine with assumptions as long as there is no 'acting' on assumptions.

I may assume the sex thing with a 69, but I wont block until they actually offend.

I am the same as you actually would have to say something offensive or harassing before I blocked you; however, if I had a situation where I could only pick 1 of 2 usernames to correspond with and one had a 69 in it; I would be inclined to pick the name without the 69 as I would be uncomfortable with the other choice.

Implications exist, whether the person had the intention or not. We are not (as far as I know) mind-readers; most of us aren't, anyway. I see user names that include "420" and, upon reading the profile, I usually see indications of marijuana use. It's a form of shorthand.

no photo
Wed 02/15/12 12:19 PM

If you were to die today, then would you want the Mingle2 community to learn about your death?

I suppose that would be the considerate thing to do. Otherwise, all they would know is that I just stopped posting.

If your answer to the above question is “Yes”, then who would give the news about your death to the Mingle2 community?

I don't know, there really isn't anyone who would have that information.

Would one of your surviving relatives be able to post a notice about your death on this website?

I don't have any relatives.

If your answer to the above third question is “No”, then who would your surviving relatives contact in order to inform the Mingle2 community about your death?

Same as above.

At this moment in time, I do not have the real name and regular e-mail address of any other Mingle2 participant. So, if I were to die today, then nobody at Mingle2 would know.

Who here besides me is in this particular situation?

I guess I would have to consider myself in that same situation.

How do we remedy the situation?

I'm not sure it's feasible.

no photo
Wed 02/15/12 11:25 AM

Really, it makes no difference to me either way. I'm just saying that there are a lot of women who see it (69) as a red flag and a disincentive to communication. If you're OK with that, I certainly don't have any issues with it.

@singme
I've never once heard 911 referring to boobs before this post.

@Lex
Me neither. I think it's a bit of a stretch. You can attach a sexual innuendo to almost anything, but if it involves that much of a reach, most people aren't going to catch it.

===============================================================

It was The 911 Boob Reference Lex.....911...Boobs...Twin Towers

Whatever. I still think that one's a stretch. Assuming she's standing up, the "Twin Towers" would be projecting horizontally, which hardly meshes well with the "towers" imagery.

no photo
Wed 02/15/12 11:11 AM

First Time for Everything..drinker

Me neither. I think it's a bit of a stretch. You can attach a sexual innuendo to almost anything, but if it involves that much of a reach, most people aren't going to catch it.

If your not in the Zone Lex one will never get it... that's life...some do some don't.. analyzing it wont improve it..waving drinker

Really, it makes no difference to me either way. I'm just saying that there are a lot of women who see it (69) as a red flag and a disincentive to communication. If you're OK with that, I certainly don't have any issues with it.

no photo
Wed 02/15/12 10:24 AM

I don't know of any instances where a woman was put off by believing that 911 (in any format) had a sexual connotation, though.

But I don't understand a lot of what goes on in these communications, anyway. It baffles me why a guy would send a woman a message like "nice boobs," as if that's really going to accomplish something constructive. Apparently, it happens all the time, though.

911 ...Nice Boobs......Twin Towers?

no photo
Wed 02/15/12 06:55 AM

Re: the 69 issue --

If someone wanted to make it clear that he was using 69 as a birth year, and not a sexual connotation, why not just include 1969 in the user name?

The username might have been already takenlaugh

Just as a sideline why use 9/11 instead of 9/11/2001bigsmile

I don't know of any instances where a woman was put off by believing that 911 (in any format) had a sexual connotation, though.

But I don't understand a lot of what goes on in these communications, anyway. It baffles me why a guy would send a woman a message like "nice boobs," as if that's really going to accomplish something constructive. Apparently, it happens all the time, though.

no photo
Wed 02/15/12 06:43 AM
Re: the 69 issue --

If someone wanted to make it clear that he was using 69 as a birth year, and not a sexual connotation, why not just include 1969 in the user name?

no photo
Wed 02/15/12 06:40 AM
User names can give you some insight into the person, at times.

For example, I have noticed that women who use "hot" or "sexy" or "iwantu," etc., in their user names, are almost always scammers. There may be some exceptions, but I can't remember running across any.

no photo
Tue 02/14/12 07:29 PM

I didn't catch ebola, so things could be worse....

Perhaps you are using the wrong bait.

Oh, I gave up on the whole concept of bait ages ago....

no photo
Tue 02/14/12 07:06 PM

My day just got better knowing Lex didn't catch ebola.

I know a lot of people have been worrying about that lately, so I figured the considerate thing to do was to squelch all the rumors.

no photo
Tue 02/14/12 06:40 PM
I didn't catch ebola, so things could be worse....

But it was a day like any other day -- I spent the day by myself, writing....

shades

no photo
Tue 02/14/12 12:48 PM

I used to write them back and try to explain why I wouldn't be interested, even though they would already know all that if they had actually read my profile.

^
this for awhile and then i just didn't respond
I'm 66 and 99% of the contacts I get are from women in their 20s and 30s. I just write them back and tell them that I'm not interested in children.

I have the exact opposite problem!

no photo
Tue 02/14/12 12:08 PM
I used to write them back and try to explain why I wouldn't be interested, even though they would already know all that if they had actually read my profile.

But it turned out that most of them just wanted to argue the point indefinitely, so now I don't bother replying at all anymore.