Enervating....

Like sensory underload for the masses
A frozen, silent crash-n-burn
No molecular movement at absolute zero
Just a sense of unsenseness, end of the line
Ever waiting....?

no photo
Thu 04/19/12 01:22 PM

What truly makes a man afraid of a woman in all aspects of the spectrum?

The inevitable "I need a BAY-BEE!!" speech....

no photo
Wed 04/18/12 01:48 PM

Do you have any regrets? If so, do you regret a little or a lot of what you've done?

Mainly, I regret getting married. But I also regret all of the relationships I had before her and after her.

no photo
Wed 04/18/12 01:11 PM
That's a beautiful picture, and I can see why they would want to use it!

Feels kinda good to see something of your own get published, huh?

shades

no photo
Tue 04/17/12 02:26 PM

was outside of your preferred body type (skinnier, fatter, taller, shorter, etc..), but matched up well with you in other ways, would you consider dating them anyway?

Yes. My last gf was not like the (physical) type I usually find myself attracted to, but there were so many other positive things going on that I became very attracted to her anyway....

And now it seems I'm automatically attracted to anyone who looks like her....!

shades

no photo
Mon 04/16/12 10:30 AM

Although, I do have to agree, searching for something behind a screen is pretty much fruitless. I have found most are not as they appear. It seems to be a place to "pump up the volume" and be what one is not quite yet. Kinda of a hope to be?:wink:

The first girl I met from a dating site turned out to be an arsonist. It went downhill from there....

Not NEEDING anyone is one thing. And I can totally relate. Happy with myself and my life, I could go through the rest of it alone, without ever being lonely

But I beleive as mere mortals, we are meant to be "coupled"

There was a time when I believed that, too. Now I'm not so sure. I really don't want anyone (or society, or expectation, or tradition, etc.) to be in a position of deciding what I'm "meant" to do. If anyone is going to decide that, it'll be me.

Yes, companionship is a big part of the coupling. For me, the trade off is love. Sounds so dorky, but the truth. And I do think, if found, its definatly worth it:wink: happy

...."if found" being the operative phrase here....!

BINGO!bigsmile Self protection based on experiences from the past. Better known as crap on the core. One has to be motivated to "dig" out.

Just my opinion. Not meant to offendflowerforyou

But this interpretation of "crap on the core" assumes a possible scenario where there IS no crap on the core. I'm not sure the crap and the core aren't the same thing, in the end, i.e., it's impossible for them to exist as separate entities.

Do they know? Have you taken the risk? Why not simply tell them?

We all deserve/want to love and be loved. And again, with all due respect, I think that is EXCACTLY what you wantflowers

She knows, she has to know. I've made it pretty obvious. At least, I think I have. And she's smarter than I am, so I have no doubt about her ability to grasp the concept. If so inclined.

And you're right, it is what I want. I just don't think it's a very realistic desire, though.

no photo
Mon 04/16/12 06:48 AM

With all due respect ((((Lex)))), that's kind what I'm trying to say

Are you attracted to these woman, but the "turn off" is thier kids (or simply lying about whether they want them)?

Well, no -- I've only been attracted to one person in the last 3 years or so, and she is completely oblivious to my existence.

The kids thing, and the lying thing, are definitely disincentives, but it never actually gets that far. I'm never attracted to them in the first place.

Or the inevitable progression to "fix" you?

Some mere mortals tend to think "ok, I hear him/her, but he/she will fall so in love with me, I can change thinking/beliefs/standards"

In the past, I have run into this a LOT -- and I find this way of thinking to be very presumptuous and demeaning. If they think I'm so malleable, so easily duped, why would they want to be with someone like that in the first place?

However, I am here to say, not ALL mere mortals are the samebigsmile

And it is up to us to stay away from the ones who don't "fit", Expand our horizons.

For example, I tend to pick controlling men. So far from my personality, it never works. Do I think I can change them? Naw, on the contrary, I think I can change myself. We all know how THAT worksnoway happy Truth is, I had to take a hard look at self. WHY am I attracted to them?

I did find the answer. And now work on changing WHO I am attracted too.

Which meant OPENING MY EYESbigsmile

I'm rarely attracted to anyone anymore, and I've realized that there are (historical) reasons for that. And I'm OK with it. The bottom line is that I don't really NEED anyone in my life -- all the things I have to do, I can do just fine on my own.

Not to say that it wouldn't be nice to have someone around to do things with -- but the trade-off, at least as far as I've experienced, is simply not worth it.

And the possibilities I hadn't considered before.

Again, as an example, I would be interested in someone like you. Confident in who he is, comfortable with his path, independant enough to not want/need his woman up his arze, knows his "Core"

There are many just like me out there.

I keep hearing this, but it's what you might call "anecdotal accounts." I don't see it in the real world. I mean, if you go on YouTube, you can find hundreds of women doing videos about their childfree lifestyle, but it seems these women only exist on YouTube. It's like trying to find a Yeti, or an honest politician. There are rumors, there are veiled hints, but....

Perhaps you should explore? Don't wait for her to contact you. Take a risk, be true to your core.flowerforyou

If I've learned one thing from dating sites, it's that sending out first e-mails is a waste of time. I've tried it here, I've tried it on other sites, the response rate is actually somehow in negative numbers, something like -22.9% of them ever reply.

Now, as a guy who has written eight books and several shopping lists, I think I know a little something about writing. Books and shopping lists, anyway. Clearly I know nothing about writing introductory e-mails -- but my assumption was that if it was humorous, well-written, referenced things from their profiles, and didn't come across as creepo-stalkerish, someone might reply.

But no.

My strategy was to establish a presence in the forums, and then they would write to me.

And it worked -- to some degree. I mean, I get lots of messages now. Scammers, older women who want to argue about the "no kids" thing, occasionally someone who wants to ask about the books, or about writing in general. The one thing I never get is a message from someone I could see as a legitimate dating prospect.

And that's not the site's fault -- I think it's more a function of dating site clienteles in general. My theory is that, on the whole, people don't resort to dating sites until they're at a point in their lives which is beyond the point when I would have been interested. So the "starting point" derails any compatibility potential.

no photo
Sun 04/15/12 07:57 PM

yo what's up lex long time no see how you been? i hear ya yeah i'm single iv'e been feeling like i'm not good enough for any woman.

Romee! Hey, my friend, let me tell you something -- you are one of the greatest people I've had the pleasure to get to know on here (and on FB!) and I cannot even begin to comprehend how you are still single....seriously, if women got to know you at all, you would be inundated with prospects....

Look, it's not about being "good enough" -- you're plenty good enough -- the real problem seems to be finding the right ones who can actually discern this!

(I have the same problem, I can truly sympathize with you!)

shades
your right thank you lex you one of the greatest people and friend iv'e ever known to...it seems like the ladies would be lining up to be with you!! if only they got to know what an awesome guy you are i ould love to have an honest loving woman that not a lying cheater like my ex was it's hard to even find true female friends. lol

For sure -- most of my life, I had more female friends than male. I mean LOTS more. Since I moved to Indiana, nada. Can't find a friend, a girlfriend, a llama, a decent beef sandwich, you name it. Romee, we need to go somewhere where women appreciate a decent guy, if there's any such place like that, with any such women!

no photo
Sun 04/15/12 07:16 PM

yo what's up lex long time no see how you been? i hear ya yeah i'm single iv'e been feeling like i'm not good enough for any woman.

Romee! Hey, my friend, let me tell you something -- you are one of the greatest people I've had the pleasure to get to know on here (and on FB!) and I cannot even begin to comprehend how you are still single....seriously, if women got to know you at all, you would be inundated with prospects....

Look, it's not about being "good enough" -- you're plenty good enough -- the real problem seems to be finding the right ones who can actually discern this!

(I have the same problem, I can truly sympathize with you!)

shades

no photo
Sun 04/15/12 06:05 PM

I read a lot about how some feel theres "no one out there" for me. The reason is their own boundaries. Its not whose looking at them, but who THEY are seeing. For example: I don't want kids, so no one wants me. Yet who are they attractive too? The other who has kids. frustrated

Well, this is absolutely true -- the only ones I ever hear from (outside of scammers) are the ones who have kids and who have made it their mission to tell me why I'm wrong to exclude people who have kids from my relationship preferences.

The only problem is -- I really, truly don't want anybody with kids. I'd rather be alone. There are lots of reasons for this, and I won't go into them here, but let me just say that my boundaries are in place for very good reasons (based on a history when the boundaries were few or none -- and learning from those experiences) and I'm not going to ignore all of that.

But there's another underlying fundamental problem here -- I'm not broken, and I don't need to be "fixed" or changed. And these women are taking it upon themselves to "fix" or change me. I see that as a total lack of respect and consideration for my beliefs, my preferences. And why would I want to be with someone who belittles and marginalizes my core values?

no photo
Sun 04/15/12 05:58 PM

usually older women (who do not have kids) don't want any. So there's hope for you yet! :p

I haven't found that, though. In my experience, the older she is (and without kids), the more desperate she is to start having them.

The only girlfriend I ever had who truly did NOT want kids, knew from about age 15 she didn't want them. She's 27 now and still has absolutely no desire to ever have any. But she's one of a kind, in my experience.

Standard procedure when I meet someone is they TELL me they don't want kids, AT FIRST, as part of the plan. Once the relationship has been going for awhile (90 days) they do a flip-flop, and now they HAVE to have kids. It's as inevitable as the sunrise.

no photo
Sun 04/15/12 05:39 PM

Doesn't that give you an idea for a book lex??

Everything gives me an idea for a book. That's the whole problem.

no photo
Sun 04/15/12 05:32 PM

Still single, still no prospects, not really looking anymore. There isn't anyone out there within 897,000 miles of me, geographically or philosophically....

That's quite sad.

It is. But, as a famous person once said somewhere in a book or movie or while jumping out of a plane, "Life is not fair."

I'm not going to be able to change anyone else's reality, and Lord knows they've had absolutely no success trying to get me to change mine.

So are you saying no one is good enough for you or you are not good enough for anyone?

It's not about "good enough." "Good enough" has no meaning in this circumstance, because it's a simple thematic incompatibility, not attached to a comparative value judgment. It isn't that Pluto isn't "good enough" to qualify as a planet anymore, it's just that Pluto doesn't meet all of the standard requirements necessary for planethood.

That's what i am asking, does no one meet your requirements for planethood? or is it opposite.

Kind of both, actually. I don't want someone who is a parent or wants to be a parent, and no one is interested in a guy like that.

I'd say most aren't but im sure there are some some where. haha.

Yeah. There was one. In Uzbekistan. In the year 1529. Probably. And she probably liked NASCAR and "American Idol." Although those things probably didn't exist in the year 1529. History is not my subject.

no photo
Sun 04/15/12 05:08 PM

Still single, still no prospects, not really looking anymore. There isn't anyone out there within 897,000 miles of me, geographically or philosophically....

That's quite sad.

It is. But, as a famous person once said somewhere in a book or movie or while jumping out of a plane, "Life is not fair."

I'm not going to be able to change anyone else's reality, and Lord knows they've had absolutely no success trying to get me to change mine.

So are you saying no one is good enough for you or you are not good enough for anyone?

It's not about "good enough." "Good enough" has no meaning in this circumstance, because it's a simple thematic incompatibility, not attached to a comparative value judgment. It isn't that Pluto isn't "good enough" to qualify as a planet anymore, it's just that Pluto doesn't meet all of the standard requirements necessary for planethood.

That's what i am asking, does no one meet your requirements for planethood? or is it opposite.

Kind of both, actually. I don't want someone who is a parent or wants to be a parent, and no one is interested in a guy like that.

no photo
Sun 04/15/12 02:58 PM
I won't ever try to cook anything again. Too many fires and nuclear incidents....which is why....

I won't ever write a cookbook.

I won't jump out of a plane.

I won't spend four months in a wispy little tent in Antarctica.

I won't eat broccoli. Might be the only thing former President Bush and I agree on.

I won't drink.

I won't work on cars.

I won't post a picture of myself holding up a fish....

no photo
Sun 04/15/12 02:20 PM

Personally, I see it more as a romantic plot device for movies, books, etc., than as anything "real."

That's cause your doing it wrong bro.

One of these days, do yourself a real favor and just really take a chance. Win or lose ain't important....Having the nuts to step up and give love a real shot....just go for it man. What is the worst that could happen? ...you would end up right back here my man.

That'd be fine, if there was actually someone around to take a chance on.....

no photo
Sun 04/15/12 02:05 PM
Personally, I see it more as a romantic plot device for movies, books, etc., than as anything "real."

no photo
Sun 04/15/12 01:07 PM
I'm guessing it stems from a basic root biological (animal) fact -- a man can get many women pregnant at one time, but a woman can only be pregnant by one man at a time (barring some sort of weird alien abduction scenario). The default setting is pro-reproduction, so the male would want to keep his options open.

This, then leading into a male-dominated culture for centuries....babies are ultimately the mom's responsibility, anyway, once they're born (from that archaic perspective), so, once technology reaches the point where birth control is feasible, let's leave that to the women, too. I'm not saying this is the right thing to do, just that this is how a male-dominant culture might justify it.

no photo
Sun 04/15/12 12:47 PM
Very nicely written, although I would have to disagree with the last line! Self-awareness has a worth of its own....

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25