Community > Posts By > LexFonteyne

no photo
Sat 02/04/12 10:39 PM

Whoa..Good point!((((SexyLexy))))smooched :heart: flowers pitchfork

I do not want to risk falling between the cracks of 95% and 5%
I will stick to the billboard idea.:wink: laugh

OK, can you make sure the letters are really big, and maybe red or neon green? And there should be a picture of a llama on there somewhere....

shades

D**n, Lex, if it's llamas you're looking for, no wonder you're having a hard time. I can't even tell which are the boys and which are the girls. And they ALL have their noses in the air. . . :tongue:

Llamas never try to change me -- at least not yet....!

shades

no photo
Sat 02/04/12 03:42 PM
I guess I consider myself to be somewhat shallow in this regard. Although I wouldn't say I "judge" people (i.e., are they good people or bad people or what?) by their looks -- but it does factor into my assessment of compatibility.

They may be perfectly wonderful people, but if there's no physical attraction, I'm not going to pursue the relationship angle.

I also use other criteria to weed people out, and I've been called shallow and superficial because of that. And I'm fine with it. If having preferences and knowing what I want (and don't want) makes me shallow, then so be it!

no photo
Fri 02/03/12 01:47 PM
I just want to finish a few more books, and after that I don't really care....!

shades

no photo
Fri 02/03/12 11:07 AM

Whoa..Good point!((((SexyLexy))))smooched :heart: flowers pitchfork

I do not want to risk falling between the cracks of 95% and 5%
I will stick to the billboard idea.:wink: laugh

OK, can you make sure the letters are really big, and maybe red or neon green? And there should be a picture of a llama on there somewhere....

shades

no photo
Fri 02/03/12 10:24 AM

Id rather be chased than do the chasing..

Same here, especially since I've never really understood the whole process and have no idea how it's supposed to be done....

If it's on here, If someone nudges/emails me then id do the same back if I'm interested...

I just ignore nudges from strangers now. They always turn out to be scammers.

I pretty much ignore nudges from strangers, too. If they want to chat, that's cool, but they need to send an email to do so.

Yeah, that's how I see it, too. They have to actually say something, otherwise there's no point. I don't want to have to do both ends of the conversation.

There have been some who have nudged me over and over and over. So I contacted them and asked them what was going on. They told me they didn't know what to say. Of course, there was nothing in their profile, so I didn't have anything to say, either.

I just don't see the point of contacting someone if you don't know what to say to them.

Exactly -- what's the point? Where do you go with that?

Most of the e-mails I get now are "Hi" or "Hello" or "How are you?" and that's the whole thing. I don't respond to those anymore. Sometimes I get the ones that say "Hey, I read your profile and I liked it! Where are you and what do you do?" and I don't respond to those anymore, either.

I'd estimate that fewer than 5% of my e-mails actually contain anything I can legitimately reply to....

no photo
Fri 02/03/12 09:51 AM

Same here, especially since I've never really understood the whole process and have no idea how it's supposed to be done....

If it's on here, If someone nudges/emails me then id do the same back if I'm interested...

I pretty much ignore nudges from strangers, too. If they want to chat, that's cool, but they need to send an email to do so.

Yeah, that's how I see it, too. They have to actually say something, otherwise there's no point. I don't want to have to do both ends of the conversation.

no photo
Fri 02/03/12 09:28 AM

do you do anything about it? It can be here or in real life. How many of you would actually ask someone out that you are interested in? Or even at least let the person know you're interested?

Up until a few years ago, this was never a problem. I never had to figure out how to let someone know I was interested; there were always people around who were interested in me, and who would make it pretty obvious. On top of that, I had some friends who were always trying to fix me up with someone they knew. It was a pretty good system, I really didn't have to do anything!

Or, do you wait around and hope they figure it out and do something about it?

Nowadays, I'm in a situation where I don't know anyone in my area, and have had no luck trying to find ways to meet people. So I haven't really been interested in anyone for a very long time. And if someone like that did show up, I'm really not sure how I would handle it.

I can pretty much agree with this - never had a problem with this til recently....part of it may be being new to the area here in beautiful Columbus Ohio....I have been interested in a couple of people over the last two years but they turned out to be attached (one of them) and the other does not seem to reciprocate interest. So no, if I don't get a signal of some kind of interest I will not do anything, and I really prefer the man make the first move (after all the usual signal exchanges)if he does not I interpret that to mean he is not interested, and maintain that is generally the case....sure if u ask a guy out he'll prolly say yes to chance at a free meal & some booty, but if he is really into you- he will do something about it

The thing that was always hard for me was when friends would say "Didn't you see that girl flirting with you?" and I never had any idea of what they were talking about. I guess I just don't understand the concept of flirting.

Since I moved to Indiana, I almost never see anyone at all, so there's little opportunity for me to overlook any flirting, real or otherwise.

no photo
Fri 02/03/12 07:55 AM
I like my intellect and sense of humor and creativity....

All of the things that no one else is interested in....!

shades

no photo
Fri 02/03/12 05:35 AM

I don't think anybody knows to be honest. I guess it's just thrill of the chase, ya never know till you try.

Yeah I got a few scammers too, so now I'm very careful who I make contact with.

You should let loose and see what happens. I'm sure you'll meet someone nice on here, if you just knock a few of them walls down. From what I've seen on here, there are quite a few ladies that have made it pretty obvious that they're interested in you.

Go for it!

flowerforyou

I hear that whole thing about "they're making it obvious" from time to time, but I'm just not seeing it. I don't know if it's the Asperger's, or if I'm just naturally oblivious, or what. It just doesn't register to me. I see messages that are supportive, messages that are kind and considerate, but I don't see "interest," per se.

Of course, the bigger obstacle, even assuming anyone actually was interested, is usually the distance thing....

no photo
Thu 02/02/12 10:22 AM

GUYS, can you marry a single parent, or a Widower?

No. And I'd never get married again regardless.

no photo
Thu 02/02/12 10:11 AM

What makes you uncommon among common? smokin

I wrote seven books and I've somehow avoided becoming my father. Or anybody else's father, for that matter.

Writing book needs hard labour and creativity.
But still harder is not to boast high on it.:thumbsup:
(I hope one day I will get chance of reading your books.)

Well, I'm proud of what I've created.

If people want to consider that "boasting," it's not my problem. They're not the ones I did it for.

no photo
Thu 02/02/12 06:57 AM

but

but

don't any of u guys care about someone who is cute but basically good to talk to

That's a little sketchy, would need additional information....!

You could be describing a parrot....!
rofl rofl I can think of worse members of the animal kingdom to have something in common with...

I think cute & good to talk to IS a pretty good description - best of both worlds 0 beauty & brains!biggrin

of course there's a continuum there....

To be honest, I would love to find someone in Indiana who was cute and good to talk to -- so far, I haven't been able to find either....

no photo
Thu 02/02/12 06:45 AM

but

but

don't any of u guys care about someone who is cute but basically good to talk to

That's a little sketchy, would need additional information....!

You could be describing a parrot....!

no photo
Thu 02/02/12 06:40 AM

no photo
Wed 02/01/12 07:30 PM

But you can write a mean comic bookbigsmile

Yes, I am quite cape-able of that!

no photo
Wed 02/01/12 07:07 PM
Over 5 years now.....!

No, I do not have a life....!

shades

no photo
Wed 02/01/12 04:59 PM

men what do you prefer in a woman bodywise?Her behind her boobs her face...if your girl could have one thing what would it be bodywise

I'm not a boob 'n butt guy at all -- less is more, as far as I'm concerned. I like a good set of legs, nice eyes, hair....

....but over and above all else, a functioning brain....

shades

no photo
Wed 02/01/12 04:27 PM

cause i feel they really understand young gals like me.

Some will, some won't. There's no infallible "they'll understand me" demographic based on the number of times someone has ridden the planet around the sun.

no photo
Wed 02/01/12 04:18 PM

+
or will u date one?

When I was younger, around 19-22 or so, I dated several older women. They were anywhere from one year older to seventeen years older.

I don't see anything wrong with it. But I wouldn't do it again, mainly because of the inevitable kid thing....
will u date me lex?

Profile, read the profile....!

shades

no photo
Wed 02/01/12 04:15 PM

+
or will u date one?

When I was younger, around 19-22 or so, I dated several older women. They were anywhere from one year older to seventeen years older.

I don't see anything wrong with it. But I wouldn't do it again, mainly because of the inevitable kid thing....