Community > Posts By > LexFonteyne

no photo
Tue 02/21/12 06:07 PM

Absolutely. I've been married but it was an abominable experience, I would never do that again. I never had kids, I don't drink, I'm not really a "people person," I have Asperger's, I'm a reclusive hermit who does little other than write books and dwiddle around on the computer, and I have the attention span of a chili dog.

Women are not looking for someone like that....!

I never thought you as not being a people person Lex. You seem rather friendly here on the forums.

Well, it's different on here. I don't get incessantly pummeled by people with idiotic demands here, the way I used to in real life. I've found that the best people are on line people, because they're not trying to get something from you every 15 seconds.

Hey Lex.
Can I borrow some money?:wink: smokin

Sure, as soon as Paramount sends me the check for the movie option.

no photo
Tue 02/21/12 05:40 PM

I knew Lex would show Up!!!!!!!!!!

laugh

I havta agree Lex........

If there is......

I missed her years ago!!!!!

huh

Same here -- in retrospect, I can only think of one ex who might have qualified. But I still haven't seen anything that would make me believe that definitively.

I guess my problem is with the someone FOR everyone. That indicates someone or something is making decision about who is FOR who. And if that's the case, then that person or thing really needs a refresher course in how to do this stuff.

no photo
Tue 02/21/12 05:27 PM
I don't think so. Who's in charge of the selection process? I have yet to see anything that would convince me there's any sort of system at work in any of this.

no photo
Tue 02/21/12 02:20 PM

Absolutely. I've been married but it was an abominable experience, I would never do that again. I never had kids, I don't drink, I'm not really a "people person," I have Asperger's, I'm a reclusive hermit who does little other than write books and dwiddle around on the computer, and I have the attention span of a chili dog.

I never thought you as not being a people person Lex. You seem rather friendly here on the forums.

Well, it's different on here. I don't get incessantly pummeled by people with idiotic demands here, the way I used to in real life. I've found that the best people are on line people, because they're not trying to get something from you every 15 seconds.

no photo
Tue 02/21/12 02:12 PM

no photo
Mon 02/20/12 07:33 PM

It makes you wonder what people are thinking.

P.S. I agree Lex you look sharp all dressed up!

Yeah, but I feel like I should be hanging out with Ash Morgan and Albert Stroller....!

no photo
Mon 02/20/12 07:31 PM

Sorry, I forgot what I was going to post after I saw Lex in a suit and tie. TMI I drooled a little. Very nice Lex.

I'll probably end up using that pic on the back cover of my next book. Which makes sense, because I don't plan on getting dressed up like that again for about 30 years....!

no photo
Mon 02/20/12 06:33 PM
Well, I'm just as bad, I thought New Year's Day was three weeks ago!

That's why Al Gore invented the calendar, right....?

no photo
Mon 02/20/12 02:45 PM

I used to have the whole Sesame Street collection.........smokin

used to?!
what happened?

It's a sad story really. They were set on fire. Kinda personal.....smokin

That's what usually happens when Oscar the grouch messes with GI Joe.
Sorry for your loss Bro.. smokin

On topic:
Mingle is just like any other place where people meet, make friends and sometimes find love. Perhaps they should take out the "dating site".... I see a constant flow of new peeps who are pushing and instead, should be pulling on here.... it's a dating site, so they figure people are all lined up waiting for them.whoa

Just Be yourself and enjoy! drinker

I think the bottom line is simply that the term "dating site" is the draw. People search for "dating site," not "site that combines dating with forums and nudges and various degrees of social interaction and questions and answers and jokes and poetry and...."

Yeah, this is a dating site -- and it's much more than that. But I think you need to use that specific term -- "dating site" -- to catch people's attention.

And, in the end, all of the other stuff on the site is actually set up so that it can aid in the "getting-to-know-each-other" process -- and that may not necessarily lead to dating, but there's certainly no reason why it can't -- which has been proven over and over again here. All you have to do is take a look at the "Success Stories" thread in the New members forum to see some examples....

no photo
Mon 02/20/12 02:21 PM
Got this from another site earlier today. I am not going to include the name of the site, as I think they've embarrassed themselves enough as it is:

==========

Celerbate Neww Years' Day wiith an attractvie company

Monday, February 20, 2012 6:06 PM
Knockout lonely women arre searching for you on http://*******.*************.com/

==========

Kind of hard to "celerbate" "Neww Years' Day" when that was three weeks ago.

And I'm quite sure the last line is supposed to read "Knocked-up lonely women"....

no photo
Mon 02/20/12 12:57 PM

I like that pic....too..((((SexyLexy))))waving smooched :heart: flowers

Wait till you see the next one -- it's totally out of character. The things you have to do when you lose a bet....!

no photo
Mon 02/20/12 12:44 PM

What i find hilarious, is people who come here and moan that Mingle2 apparentely "sucks". They then go to P.O.F or okCupid, and find those sites to be much worse. NOW which site SUCKS? I say either put in some effort getting to know people, if not then i'm not sure how people are expected to communicate. Some of these other dating site forums are a blood bath compared to this one. Quite honestly, the other dating sites hardly compare to the friendliness, and kindness of people on here. I'd not be too quick to jump ship :)

What makes them a "blood bath" compared to here?

There are sites (or there used to be -- I don't visit those anymore) where the forums are basically nothing more than war zones.

no photo
Sun 02/19/12 01:39 PM

does the way you dress reflect who you are?

Nope, it's just clothes.

what type of stuff do you wear?

T-shirts, jeans, whatever is comfortable. I never "dress up." The concept makes no sense to me. I don't want to have to think about whether or not it's trendy or "in" or whatever. That's all somebody else's perception, I don't care about that stuff.

do you think it says anything about you?

It says I have clothes on.

no photo
Sat 02/18/12 12:54 PM

I lost all of mine in 2009, and have been completely unable to find any new ones....!

Oh bullcrap Lex.

You got a friend fo'eva in me. :D

True.

I thought about switching sides. For the dude.

But, while he is being so hard to get, I allowed Soufie to use me for her carnal pleasures.

I am giving that way.

:)

I would never ask you to do that.

Or me, either....

Some things are just too ingrained, so to speak....!

no photo
Sat 02/18/12 12:52 PM

I lost all of mine in 2009, and have been completely unable to find any new ones....!

Oh bullcrap Lex.

You got a friend fo'eva in me. :D

Thank you!

Real life is different, though. I can go weeks without seeing another person, and when I do see anyone, it's someone who works in a store I just happen to go to....

no photo
Sat 02/18/12 09:31 AM

no photo
Fri 02/17/12 03:54 PM

simply because most men dont want commitment.

Some of us do, but it just isn't out there....

no photo
Thu 02/16/12 08:02 PM
I would like to see more posts about llamas.

no photo
Thu 02/16/12 07:56 PM
When I get bored, I just go to YouTube and start watching videos about Modified Newtonian Dynamics.

no photo
Thu 02/16/12 12:31 PM

I actually know how to use apostrophes....

you refuse to stick to three periods.
>.<

Four. Four is the magic number....

If you start singing about conjunctions next..

Conjunction junction, what's your function....?

I'm just a bill.. yes I'm only a bill.. and I'm sitting here on capital hill.

In this context, it's Capitol Hill.

Thanks, I hadn't the slightest of clues.

It's not something most people are aware of.