Community > Posts By > LexFonteyne

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 09:08 AM

How cruel the love feelings & destiny are!

When love feelings arises in your mind,you start seeking someone's love,when you notice absence of his / her attention;it hurts you.
have you ever given it a thought,there could be someone else who is expecting your attention & love too?

I'm sure no one cares & bothers about it

Isn't love selfish that way?

The great philosopher George Costanza once said, "When you like them, they don't like you. When they like you, you don't like them."

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 08:44 AM

Well Morning All.flowerforyou flowers

((((SexyLexy))))smooched flowers

*Gawd,I Love this place:heart:*

I love this place, too -- especially when certain people keep being so nice to me....!

shades

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 06:33 AM

Oh yeah, I see people use "ect" as the short form of "et cetera" all the time.

Another one that gets me is "per say," as in "It's not the economy, per say, that's the problem."

Arrrrgh.

I can see bein creative with that one. Per say = per thing I say, or per thing a person says ect, ect, ect.

Yeah, but that's not what "per se" means. Creative is one thing, lazy/illiterate is another.

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 06:31 AM
For me, it has ultimately become an issue of which is the "lesser of two downsides."

Being alone is not the ideal situation for me. It would be nice to have someone to share my life with. But it's not an essential; all of the things I need to do in life, I can do perfectly fine on my own.

On the other hand, being with someone always starts out nicely but ends up horribly. So there's a downside to being with someone, a downside that dwarfs the downside of being alone -- it just takes awhile for it to kick in.

I find there's an advantage to the sheer steadiness of being alone (despite the occasional bouts of boredom and loneliness) -- as opposed to the wildly inconsistent vacillations and insanity of the roller coaster relationship process.

no photo
Tue 03/20/12 06:24 AM
Oh yeah, I see people use "ect" as the short form of "et cetera" all the time.

Another one that gets me is "per say," as in "It's not the economy, per say, that's the problem."

Arrrrgh.

no photo
Mon 03/19/12 03:00 PM

I also don't understand the lack of punctuation. Huge run on sentences are tough to follow.

Yeah, those can be horrendous. Sometimes you'll see someone post an enormous block of text with no punctuation whatsoever. It hurts my eyes just to look at it. I never signed up to be a decoder....

no photo
Mon 03/19/12 02:55 PM

Correct. Spell check will not catch the use of incorrect words. That's a different issue.

It is, but it still plays into the overwhelming exhibition of illiteracy that seems to permeate the internet.

no photo
Mon 03/19/12 02:52 PM

Oh, hill no. If anything its men who are outdated in their expectations of women. We work full time, then come home and take care of the house.

'Looking to share that' probably means the man she's lookin for will be a part of the work of coexisting, rather than waiting for her to do the Donna Reed impression. I guess more people know 'June Cleaver'. ...So while she's doin the dishes, he can be doin the laundry instead of playing nintendo, or watchin tv. Thats the complaint I see around.

I guess the thing that puzzles me is why this has to be such a massive conflict -- I mean, I really don't have any problems doing dishes or laundry or taking out the garbage or whatever. It's just stuff that has to be done. And, sure, it would be nice if there were magic garbage fairies to do this stuff for us, but obviously Apple doesn't have them quite ready to put out there just yet.

But that's not what I sense when I hear someone complaining about the lack of "good" men -- I get more of a sense of a regimented existence, i.e., "this is how it's SUPPOSED to be done," and the "SUPPOSED to" part has no room for any sort of flexibility whatsoever. The ones who lament the lack of "good" men seem to be the same ones who have dealt with enough "bad" ones to have painted themselves into a relationship corner.

And we don't have relationship-corner fairies yet, either.

no photo
Mon 03/19/12 02:40 PM

Since we communicate via writing here, do you put much effort into the way you write? Do you try to make sure you write well enough for people to understand what you're saying? Do you think proper grammar is important? Do you try to spell correctly whenever possible?

This is not singling anyone out at all. I'm just curious as to how people feel about the way they and others write.

Edited to add: I am talking about here in the forums.

I try to make sure that my writing is as clear as possible. As we are operating in a wholly written medium here, I think it's important to try to do the best we can with our words, for the purpose of being understood. To that end, I'm something of a stickler for grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.

Spelling is easy enough to deal with, if people use spell check!

It is, but I'm always amazed by the literacy levels of many of those who send me messages -- sometimes it's like trying to find survivors after an explosion in the Scrabble factory.

And spell check has its limitations -- i.e., those who are "tired of dating a looser" and those who are "looking for someone to except me"....

no photo
Mon 03/19/12 12:52 PM

Since we communicate via writing here, do you put much effort into the way you write? Do you try to make sure you write well enough for people to understand what you're saying? Do you think proper grammar is important? Do you try to spell correctly whenever possible?

This is not singling anyone out at all. I'm just curious as to how people feel about the way they and others write.

Edited to add: I am talking about here in the forums.

I try to make sure that my writing is as clear as possible. As we are operating in a wholly written medium here, I think it's important to try to do the best we can with our words, for the purpose of being understood. To that end, I'm something of a stickler for grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.

no photo
Mon 03/19/12 10:06 AM

Congratulations on the book!

Thank you! shades

I agree with the others who say you should let people here know when a book is being released. You say you have friends here, so why not tell them what's going on?

I try to mention it in passing, here and there, without making a full-fledged infomercial out of it. I've seen some people advertising things/events/etc., on here in ways which just come across as desperate and tacky. I'd rather avoid all that, if possible!

And you don't have to be in a relationship to be able to share the good things in your life with people. Pick up the phone and call a friend. If you don't think you have anyone in your life like that, maybe it's time to think about putting yourself into situations where you may meet people you can become good friends with. If you don't put yourself out there, people won't be able to get to know you.

I've actually been trying to do exactly that for the past three years -- with zero results. Where I'm living just seems to be a bad venue to try to get to know people.

no photo
Mon 03/19/12 06:51 AM

so what are these types of post trying to accomplish? i've seen so many of these, but nothing ever comes out of them that i know of... it seems like to me, that 80% of the men that post in the forums are in this age bracket, but these posts still keep coming up. so, what is the problem ladies? are the men in the forums not good enough? or is your pickyness getting to be a bigger problem than you realize?

Well, the title of the topic does specify "good" men....

true, there is that aspect...i think i'm good at something, still trying figure out what tho..

I think that's part of the trouble, there's a discrepancy in the way various people interpret "good" -- whereas you and I and a lot of guys on here might see ourselves qualifying for the "good" designation, the people on the other side of the gender fence have a different set of criteria for the term....

i agree, but i think it goes a little deeper than just that. women have a notion of what a man is/should be, and men that do not fall into that preconceived notion are not noticed as easy. it really is a shame, because thats why people (men too) make wrong choices because of these preconceived notions. i once said on here how i date just about any woman, and the woman didn't seem to like that idea very much. I do not know what my perfect woman would be, and the only way to find out is to find out.

I think you've hit on something there -- the idea that there is this standard perception of what a man "should" be -- as far as I can tell, the perception is based almost entirely on tradition, outdated imagery, and a mindset that was already on its deathbed during the Eisenhower administration. "Prince Charming" has left the building.

no photo
Mon 03/19/12 06:46 AM

Congrats on the book.

ya that feeling is despairing. like the last ray of light extinguished and the doors of the shadow relm take a duce on you. i restore cars here an there i build sterio systems and yet at the end of the day sitting in my dark apartment i ask my self was today really worth it ?

But from an existential standpoint, one can ask if any of this is really worth it, in the end, regardless....?

I try not to spend too much time on that direction of thinking -- for me, it's more about the creative impulse. I like the idea of having an outlet. If other people enjoy what I do, that's just a bonus.

From a more human standpoint, I still think it would be nice to have someone to share it with. Someone I could bounce ideas off of, someone who had enough creativity of her own to offer me some constructive advice and opinions, and I could do the same for her.

I had someone like that for awhile, and she was amazing. But I just don't think there's anyone else like that out there.

no photo
Sun 03/18/12 07:20 PM

so what are these types of post trying to accomplish? i've seen so many of these, but nothing ever comes out of them that i know of... it seems like to me, that 80% of the men that post in the forums are in this age bracket, but these posts still keep coming up. so, what is the problem ladies? are the men in the forums not good enough? or is your pickyness getting to be a bigger problem than you realize?

true, there is that aspect...i think i'm good at something, still trying figure out what tho..

I think that's part of the trouble, there's a discrepancy in the way various people interpret "good" -- whereas you and I and a lot of guys on here might see ourselves qualifying for the "good" designation, the people on the other side of the gender fence have a different set of criteria for the term....

no photo
Sun 03/18/12 07:16 PM
My whole life is on the computer. If I'm not writing, I'm doing something or other on some website. Busy? No, not really. I'm about as busy as a three-toed sloth on Sominex.

no photo
Sun 03/18/12 07:13 PM

Congrats Lex!

Thank you! Eight books is an accomplishment, although the actual number is rather arbitrary.

shades

no photo
Sun 03/18/12 07:11 PM

no photo
Sun 03/18/12 07:10 PM

No, I am not a scammer!!! I resent the suggestion I may have given or insinuated with regards to my motivation.

Obviously, you are no scammer! Not once have you said "I am to be liking your structure."

no photo
Sun 03/18/12 12:12 PM

Lex ought to have added that 99.9 percent of readers will ignore the entire profile text and respond on the strength of your pictures alone. Lex gets 2,000 responses a day on the average, and it irks him to no end, because he is a writer, and to a writer it's an insult to like him for his looks only. ((I sort of overexplained this, but it was for Lex's sake. And because I enjoy the feel of typing on a keyboard.))

Right, plus if I was actually as good-looking as some people seem to indicate, I would have had a girlfriend by now.

shades

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, hate me because I make up words like 'domesticatrix' and try to shoehorn them into popular media."

The domestic media don't like make-up people who toot their own shoe-horns.

Be more gentlemanly, less horny, and the girls will chase you by the truckloads.

Ah, you can't GET any more gentlemanly or less horny than me.

And chasing has never been the problem. The problem is I can't seem to get chased by anybody whose entire life isn't built on babies & booze. Assuming it's even possible for such a person to exist. Which it's not.

Excuse Me??????? I don't like being stereotyped. Maybe your attitude towards women is why no one chases you.

You must be new here....

shades

no photo
Sun 03/18/12 12:02 PM

Lex:

"P" may just get the dampening effect of email volume for you, as it appears to be the visual of a member hanging at ease.

If the volume dips to an unacceptably low level, you can always turn the situation around a hundred and eighty degrees by turning the P 180 degrees (into a "d").

If you ever need a vacation from unwanted mindless popularity on the site, I can always lend you a couple of my photos from my immense collection of self-portraits. Those should stop the influx of email dead in their trax.

I don't know, I've tried doing the "other picture" thing and it hasn't made any difference.

I've used pictures of my tape dispenser, a llama, Bob Saget, a cutaway view of Neptune's atmosphere, none of it makes any difference.

I don't think anyone has actually looked at my pictures or read my profile since 2008.

Got an idea or two for you: Pilgrimage to the Grave of Leo Tolstoy; Holy Lourdischer Wasser for cologne/aftershave every morning; blood sacrifice on the altar of sadness.

That's a little too much like an LDR.

Maybe a pilgrimage to a gravesite somewhat nearer, like the neighbor's hamster.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25