Community > Posts By > TheShadow

TheShadow's photo
Sat 11/27/10 12:31 AM
I get emails from women. For some reason they always have a hard time using the im on here so they wont me to chat with them on Yahoolaugh

TheShadow's photo
Fri 11/26/10 10:21 PM
First Confused,

Second Light, just starting to see it.

Third Hope, starting to grow a little bit.

TheShadow's photo
Fri 11/26/10 10:08 PM
Edited by TheShadow on Fri 11/26/10 10:16 PM

One thing I've seen a LOT of is people trying to get you to talk to them off the site. This usually involves them giving you their Yahoo contact information.

And there's really no legitimate reason for them to do this -- our site has e-mail and IM right here, so there's no need to go to another venue.

I've been catching scammers for years, and I can tell you that I've never seen a case where someone trying to redirect people to Yahoo (or elsewhere off-site) was NOT a scammer. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying I've never seen it.

Once they get you off-site, they'll start trying to get your money, your personal info, whatever they can scam you for.

So -- if anyone contacts you and tries to get you to go talk to them off-site, report it. This site is really good about eliminating scammers, but we have to know about them!

I guess I should report it. It just happened to me this last week.

I got the, i'm having a hard time using this email so would you chat with me on Yahoo. UM, you just sent a couple email to me and you're having what?laugh

Lets see, you type a message and press send. HM thats really is hard to do. Wait! am I doing that right now?

TheShadow's photo
Wed 11/24/10 02:08 PM

good news is you live in south salt lake like me, bad news is i'm a guy so you might as well live in russia, meeting locals is rare an kinda disappointing

I was living in Cali 4 years ago before moving here. I think it doesn't really matter what site your on. It always seem to be that way. Where you never really meet anyone in your area.

TheShadow's photo
Tue 11/23/10 07:15 PM
Edited by TheShadow on Tue 11/23/10 07:19 PM
I think what makes it worse is when you have someone that makes excuses. Then turns around and says it wont happen again. Your right it wont.

TheShadow's photo
Tue 11/23/10 12:37 PM

laugh

Sorry lex, just it makes you wonder what kind of other sites are out there.

I know, but it's a real disappointment when you see what else is out there. It's like if you're used to Arby's and then you find out every other restaurant in town is only serving barbecued porcupine intestines.

Nice to see another '06er on here again!

shades

You're right. I have looked at other sites and will always know I have a place where I can enjoy.

It's nice being back, thanks

TheShadow's photo
Tue 11/23/10 12:05 PM
Edited by TheShadow on Tue 11/23/10 12:20 PM
laugh

Sorry lex, just it makes you wonder what kind of other sites are out there.

TheShadow's photo
Mon 11/22/10 12:09 AM

Dreams are unrealistic goals NOT designed to be reached, but as a tool to help us determine our personal goals.

I can agree with this. More like guide lines then anything else.

TheShadow's photo
Sun 11/21/10 11:42 PM
I'm thinking i'm about to get into trouble, but it might be funlaugh

TheShadow's photo
Sun 11/21/10 05:07 PM

That being friends is cool,but when it comes to the distance thing, for me or someone else to leave behind their lives to be together just don't seem right. Maybe if all my kids were grown up but still don't think I could leave my friends and family behind

I actually did that about 3 years ago to raise my little boy. It's been hard in some ways, but in others as far as my son goes. it's been worth it.

TheShadow's photo
Sun 11/21/10 03:42 PM

the difficult part for me is when the conversations & messages go really well, but the spark is not there when we meet. have had that happen a few x - IDK if i'll ever get used to that aspect

When I first joined dating sites this happen to me too. Although that only happened a couple times. Now I wont meet anyone with out seeing them on web came first. That alone well give the other besides yourself to see if you wont things to go further or not.{/b]

TheShadow's photo
Sun 11/21/10 03:33 PM
I'm honest, but not rude.

I was dating some a few years back and she would ask questions like this. After dating her, I would say to anyone that asked. If you don't want an honest answer then don't ask me.

TheShadow's photo
Fri 11/19/10 01:22 PM
smile2

TheShadow's photo
Fri 11/19/10 01:22 PM
smile2

TheShadow's photo
Fri 11/19/10 01:20 PM
490glasses

TheShadow's photo
Fri 11/19/10 01:12 PM
Edited by TheShadow on Fri 11/19/10 01:14 PM
So, does anyone know what a real man is?

Men are men, some you can live with and some you just have to roll the dice. Although, it all really comes down to who you pick. So if the OP is just getting scammers, maybe if I were you id stop looking for what is hot or to good to be true and look for what is actually right for you.

If you're looking at a pic that looks like a jeans commercial. It's most likely a scammer.

What are some other great hints?

TheShadow's photo
Fri 11/19/10 12:59 PM
Ill be nice and leave this one up to the newbieslaugh

TheShadow's photo
Fri 11/19/10 12:52 PM
:smile:

TheShadow's photo
Fri 11/19/10 12:47 PM

I know this is going to end up down in parenting section but....

What would you pay a 17 year old who is watching your three year old from 7:30 am until 4 pm or later and your three other children after they get home from school? They were paying her $30 a day.

Now, lady she babysitting for wants to pay her less than $3 an hour for watching, dressing, feeding and cleaning up and washing her little one who still has "accidents" in her pants. So that means Katie has to do laundry too and when the older kids get home, she has to put up with their attitudes. Not to mention cleans the kitchen after they all get fed. They have even asked her to stay overnight to help with the feed/cook for the kids and don't think they should have to pay her extra.

My daughter does internet schooling so she is helping with buying groceries because of hard times right now, with the money she makes babysitting. That is her choice to help with household bills, we didn't tell her too. She does her schooling at night when she gets home so she can graduate.

For one child I can see 3$ an hour, but with others, your daughter is letting the others run her. That don't work with me, and trust me, they wouldn't like melaugh

Hopefully your daughter if she is doing the night thing. She is getting paid more.

TheShadow's photo
Fri 11/19/10 12:05 PM

I have seen LDR's take good men/women down... There is no special manual how to make these things work. It takes a lot out of two people to keep the love alive. And the light at the end of the tunnel that they will soon be together..... As well as a lot of trust and traveling......

Not everyone is cut out for this kind of relationship... it robs them from being with each other face to face in order to see the real person within....

Then when they do move it still takes time in order for them to know that person the way they thought they knew them.....whoa

The part about when you move. That to me is where you really have to work together. No one will ever really know anyone, but moving in weather its a LDR or not will make or brake the relationship. Hopefully, it will make the relationship. One thing I have found out for myself. It's not the trust, or how you may feel about the other or how committed you may be to the other. It's hopping that the one you're with is being honest to themselves in what they want and willing to work together in the relationship.

So, if you really want to find out if the relationship will work out or not. Try moving in together.