Community > Posts By > TheShadow

TheShadow's photo
Mon 08/19/13 05:25 PM
Like most might say, attraction plays a big part in the beginning and that because you can't just off and say you love someone you just met and haven't had the chance to kind of get to know. It's over time is when things come together, but that's not always the case because even though one might want to get to know the other, the other may interest in something else. So this is where the lust comes in and that is usually when things first start out.

TheShadow's photo
Mon 08/19/13 05:02 PM

I would think a lot of us would change some things about our lives, but i know there are a lot of things we have had to go thought to get us where we are today as far as growing and learning about ourselves. Some good experiences and some not.

Very true, Shadow!

Yesterday is gone. It's better to forget about
it. Better to live in the present, than worry
about the future and think about our pasts.
It's gone and it ain't comin' back. Hehe!

Life has a big learning curve, and we have
to learn from both the good and bad experiences
we've encountered in our lives.

Now if we can apply that to each day of our lives, life would be so much better. But lol it don't work that way so this is why we have to go through certain things. I just hope as i do and if some of the things we go through life again ill know how to deal with it a little better then the first time.

TheShadow's photo
Mon 08/19/13 05:56 AM

Yep, and i have a long ways to go. Things i have to look forward too lol

:laughing:
Just make d**n sure you enjoy every minute of it! (even when it feels like you're banging your head into a brick wall, tongue2 )
:smile:

TheShadow's photo
Sun 08/18/13 03:31 PM
Yep, and i have a long ways to go. Things i have to look forward too lol

TheShadow's photo
Sun 08/18/13 11:03 AM

Don't worry, as long as you're happy, it's okay to be weird, haha.
And don't take it personal, didn't mean it judgmental or anything. I just find it peculiar to see that many men over 40, even pushing 50, with very young kids. Kind of makes me wonder what the h*ck they've been doing the previous 20, 30 years of their life. Was it cos of money? Work? Not being able to get a partner (which is where I wanna know why not!) and so on.
For me it felt like "bummer!" cos I really don't want to get involved in the young-family-scene again, but I would like a man my age. If ...% of men my age have young kids, it leaves less available men, lol.

Don't mean for you to explain yourself as to how and what, just being a bit more elaborate, as I do know it ain't black & white.

TheShadow, yeah, you're right. It's like people instantly want to prove they're the perfect citizen or something, by all means wanna make clear they would do the right thing! as opposed to simply being honest, so the topic starter would get the info he seeks.

Answers like "then she isn't worthy of your child" illustrate the 'problem': it's immediately about the child! However, I don't think the emphasis of single ladies is "I'm seeking a child!", but "I'm looking for Mr Right, a partner".
Chances of finding a partner who's willing to take this on are probably higher when she's got a young child of her own. At least then interests should be the same.

The funny thing is, if we look at it more and more people these days at least have one child by this age. Me personally i would date someone with a child whether or not i had my son. At the same time though it does change your life stile as far as things tour may do or places you may go. Being a single parent has changed my life...

TheShadow's photo
Sun 08/18/13 10:54 AM
Edited by TheShadow on Sun 08/18/13 10:55 AM

Man how times change huh ?
But i DO think there are still plenty of folks out here who are
Looking for that ...
Just hard to find in an OCEAN of "It takes all kinds to make a world"
Good luck and never give up hope in your own pursuits of happiness

drinker

I say lets drain it so its a little easier to find what were looking for laugh

TheShadow's photo
Sun 08/18/13 07:39 AM
I would think a lot of us would change some things about our lives, but i know there are a lot of things we have had to go thought to get us where we are today as far as growing and learning about ourselves. Some good experiences and some not.

TheShadow's photo
Sun 08/18/13 07:34 AM

still 'n single bigsmile

^^^^

TheShadow's photo
Sun 08/18/13 07:28 AM
Don't get me wrong and i know alot of us like to share our opinion on this, but this is just a forum. Outside this most tend to go the other way because of the understand of what could actually come of it because of the other. Knowing this is the net and anyone can be anything they want on the net... Although there are some, but very few that are willing to take something like this on. I have a 5 year old so i know how it actually goes.

TheShadow's photo
Sun 08/18/13 07:08 AM

Hey Shadow..welcome back, I have not seen you for a bit!

I think you should just take all the time you need. IF you did not take time after the relationship then I don't think you got rid of the old baggage. I know when I got my divorce, it took me over 2 years to even LOOK at another man and not think OMG I HATE GUYS! LOL I had a lot of baggage with my marriage and I did not want to bring it into a new relationship.
I now have not dated for about 4 years but that is due to my health issues. I just don't want to bring anyone into my life right now.

I agree with you:smile:

Although what i don't agree with is keep finding people letting them get close then drop them because you font know what you want out of life yet. So i say find yourself before you look for someone else, in the long run by not doing that your hurting others. That is wrong...

TheShadow's photo
Sun 08/18/13 06:53 AM
Edited by TheShadow on Sun 08/18/13 06:58 AM

is love is enough to satisfy a lady?

No, loving someone is not enough. There is alot more to a person if they are willing to express themselves. For me i find it actually kinda hard to find someone that is willing share there life with you and that is because of most of the women i ran into are still trying to find out where they are going in life with themselves. At the sometime looking at it. To actually open up to someone and let them in is actually hard for some people. That would mean someone would actually get to know them and that alone is what alot of people are afraid of.

I've never met a women that doesn't want to be taken care of, but the problem with that is most of what I've ran into don't know how to give that in return. Being taken care of means alot of aspects, meaning Financial, loving, caring, compassionate, understanding, communication etc. Sometimes you have to put i 100% of yourself in the relationship when the other is not and hopefully when your down you'll have that in return. Every women is different, it just a matter of
getting know the one your with.

TheShadow's photo
Sat 08/17/13 10:24 AM

On line dating is a candy store, some are sweet and some are sour. Its just a matter of picking what one you like.

So after you pick the one you like..does he or she like you?

rofl :banana:

Who knows laugh

TheShadow's photo
Sat 08/17/13 10:14 AM
I can see this in some girls, but not all and for sure not women. As far as women not being smart if i read that right, i wouldn't want to be in tour shoes lol

As far as the sex goes i have experienced that with a girl and what i found out after some time of getting to know her. Some women use sex not because of guys but they use it to deal with there feelings. Its a way to avoid what in the present a temporary fix and when that situation doesn't work out they will go to the next.

TheShadow's photo
Sat 08/17/13 10:04 AM
The best thing for me has been video chat, and if they dot want to after kind of getting to know them for a little while. I move on...

TheShadow's photo
Fri 08/16/13 10:55 AM

There is being nice as you call it, and there is being overly nice that will drive a women nuts. personally i don't think there is such a thing called a nice guy. It just men that try to hard ln something that just started.

or don;t understand why she doesn't appreciate "nice" disguised as control...

Agree:smile:

TheShadow's photo
Fri 08/16/13 10:19 AM
Sounds like to me that you need to stay away from men until you kind of got an idea on even knowing how to deal with yourself. From what your explaining, i think its wrong for you to lead men on....

TheShadow's photo
Fri 08/16/13 10:14 AM
Serious though, it does depend on your partner. Some are not willing to explore.

TheShadow's photo
Fri 08/16/13 10:12 AM
That depends if your willing to train or not...

TheShadow's photo
Fri 08/16/13 10:01 AM
What turns me off the most, a women can look attractive but when i actually try to talk to some. I realize the min they start talking i lose interest because of ignorance.

TheShadow's photo
Fri 08/16/13 08:29 AM

((((((((shadow)))))))) waving well put!!laugh

Is just a regular decent looking guy whose is fun, witty, honest and steady just not enough anymore?

many talk a good game but in reality (offline) most don't seem to add up.. but in my opinion.. this is the type of person I'd be happy to get to know... however perceptions change with each person and our own doesn't necessarily measure up to those we have an attraction to.. ohwell

::smile:

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25