Community > Posts By > TheShadow

TheShadow's photo
Sun 03/27/11 06:36 PM
I have a couple times left and came back. Never really left thoughlaugh Not having internet at times is why. The nice thing about coming back is seeing some friends that are still around.

TheShadow's photo
Sat 03/26/11 03:03 PM

Says the girl who is so hooked on Shiki that she's following him wherever he goes and posting comments.

Shiki likes that you are a Shikette. Why can't you admit it? Everyone knows you have Shiki Fever.

laugh laugh

TheShadow's photo
Sat 03/26/11 01:43 PM
Living in the past is something I don't do. Yes things come up once in a while, but it's knowing how to move on from it. So right now knowing i'm starting over again from moving back to Cali. I guess This is where I start writing...

TheShadow's photo
Sat 03/26/11 01:38 PM
I was living in Utah up untill a couple days ago. Facebook was a great way to stay intuch with my family. It's not hard to use and I have ran into some old friends.

TheShadow's photo
Sun 03/06/11 05:08 PM
Where I live right now, ill be glad i'm leaving in two weeks. Where i'm going is Cali on the coast. A lot less stress and ill enjoy raising my son out there.

TheShadow's photo
Sat 03/05/11 10:10 AM
I'm not sure how to feel right now. I'm happy that I get to move back to Cali with my son, but at the same time my friends I know out here are moving too, to where I can't just take a drive and see them. So ill be missing some things out here In UT.

TheShadow's photo
Sat 02/26/11 05:24 PM
For those that kind of know me. The judge signed the custody order
and I have custody of my sonbigsmile It's been a long three years, but well worth fighting for my son. So I can move back to Cali when I'm ready too and no one to stop me:tongue:

I also just want to thank everyone that knew they helped me or not. No names just thank you all:smile:

TheShadow's photo
Thu 02/10/11 09:41 PM

Bathtub speed is the crap that makes people bi polar. It is not Bi Polar in as much as the addiction kicking in. Being a friend under those circumstances is hard. Just remember to keep your foot down and don't let yourself get sucked into any sympathy plays.

Best of luck with this one. Her beau is going to be trouble though. I would bank on hm being just like White Arkana Back hills Trailer Trash. A wannabe thug. That personality type and Meth are a VERY bad combination! Nothing like feeding an idiot some instant courage.

Yep, ill put my foot down. She will be getting out in a couple weeks and I know the Ole poor me...

One thing I have learned in life is not to enable anyone. It will just keep them from growing.

I think the reason I posted this was more for me to be reminded where things really are and sometimes just chatting a little can go a long ways.

TheShadow's photo
Wed 02/09/11 09:10 PM
I know what your saying Andy, She is Bi-polar and has to take for medications just to be somewhat normal. A year and a half ago she was never like this and your right. The speed she does from time to time doesn't help her in anyway. My thing is if I could help and i know i can't, but it would be more on when talk to her to keep things real on how they are at that point. Talking about our son Seems to help a little, but as we all know once they are walk away. it's like you never really talked. If and when she gets clean, the rest might fall into place. But it's like you said. This is where she has to take the action and really want it before anything will change. Until then, I will be a friend, but there is limits to that on this one.

TheShadow's photo
Wed 02/09/11 08:49 PM
At this point id say yes. Id do all the **** were not suppose to do. Hell, it would be fun robing a bank just for the hell of it and then doing a car chase etc etc As long as no one gets hurt. Id wouldn't mind knowing i'm on my way outlaugh

TheShadow's photo
Wed 02/09/11 09:46 AM

So to answer your question, I would try to thing of a different way to help her. Find someone else for her to live with or what ever but bringing her into your home might not be a good idea. If you do decide to let her into your home then I hope everything works out for you. Good Luck

Right now I have to agree with everyone as far as letting her live with me. It's not a good idea just the couple days she was here, she was acting weird. I gave her a couple days and that was it.

TheShadow's photo
Wed 02/09/11 09:41 AM

Mike you know what I think about all this. To me your an Awesome dad & uncle as well....

But...........as far as helping the ex I do understand you want to help her for your son's sake....

But...............I don't feel that letting her move in with you is the best choice. If the courts take in to consideration that you are in fact trying to get custody and in fact you are letting her stay with you with her history it is not going to look good on your part.

Even though she is willing to sign the papers she has no place to stand and no choice on the situation. Due to the fact of the situation with her other two children as soon as those papers are signed yours is a giving. What you could be doing is jeopardizing your parental rights by letting a known drug addict that in fact the courts find as a unfit mother living in your house with a child in the same home. Not a good thingnoway

Regardless who we feel we need to help out at times, if in fact it could jeopardize our kids safety or our reputation as a parent within the courts eyes. Then I'm sorry it is not worth it I'm with klc on this one help her get into a half way house or a program but not in your home............

You know I think the world of you and all you have been through the last few years... Don't let her intentions cloud your thinking and cause you even more heartache.......whoa

She is not living with me. I let her stay a couple days and it wasn't long as I was thinking. She was arrested again 2 days ago, so when she gets out. She will have to bring a officer to get her stuff. from the way she has been acting and how she was arrested. I'm not letting her back in. I gave her a couple days to find a place and in that time she did sign the agreement we have. As I sent a email to you. There is no way I can help anyone that far gone knowing they don't really want help anyway.

TheShadow's photo
Tue 02/08/11 11:51 AM
It's interesting being on dating sites other then the forums.I have to say that out almost all the women that have been interested in me, that checked out my profile. I had to be the one to get things rolling. I'm sure there are more that I haven't contacted that like to hid when looking at ones profile. So, I have to say that when it comes to dating. Men uaually have to be the ones to make the first contact. It is actually a shame that there aren't more women out there then right now that have no problem being a little more agressive then other women.

TheShadow's photo
Tue 02/08/11 11:32 AM
For me it's not so hard raising my son. It's his mother that doesn't know how to be there for him at this point. I believe both parents should be in their childs life inspite how the parents feel about each other. By both parents being in a childs life it's helps with a childs develament, as long as both the parents are heathy to say too.

TheShadow's photo
Mon 02/07/11 09:34 PM
How about stop trying to figure out what he wants and actually do what you want. It's understandable that you want him back. But there is no sense driving yourself nuts trying to figure him out when you have yourself to take care of. And that alone goes for anyone.

TheShadow's photo
Sun 02/06/11 12:12 AM

You sound like you have an excellent head on your shoulders sir. Im glad you are asserting yourself. Your son will be the winner, regardless of the outcome of his moms involvement, with you by his side and advocating his needs.

Thank you,

I try to do whats best for my life as i do for our son. See, knowing me and the mother had our problems. it doesn't mean things can't work out as far as us communicating for the best interest for our son. By all means, I have my part in this relationship as she does. So in all, i'm still learning things from this and always will. The good thing at this point is. were learning how to be friends and will see where things will go from there.

Just one more thing. Even though I might be heading the right way and have somewhat of head on my shoulder. I still need to be reminded of thing from time to time.

TheShadow's photo
Sat 02/05/11 11:29 AM

I'm here because i helped build this sitelaugh JK although I did get the new members forum upbigsmile

Actually though, I have to say the same thing as Txsgal said. I was tired of the bs paying sites when I first started signing up on dating sites. Lesson learned, and now i'm here because I can be:tongue:

"now i'm here because I can be"

Sort of like the same reason a dog licks himself? what

Just joking my friend drinker laugh

I think taking care of yourself is better then letting somone else do it. You never know what might happenlaugh

TheShadow's photo
Sat 02/05/11 10:45 AM
I'm here because i helped build this sitelaugh JK although I did get the new members forum upbigsmile

Actually though, I have to say the same thing as Txsgal said. I was tired of the bs paying sites when I first started signing up on dating sites. Lesson learned, and now i'm here because I can be:tongue:

TheShadow's photo
Sat 02/05/11 10:26 AM

I imagine she intends to do the right thing by what you've said Shadow.

You are a fine person for trying to help her with that. What I would worry about, however, is her ability to maintain the right decisions. It sounds like she would be better off in a halfway house environment (im trying not to say rehab hospital).

The good intention, or knowledge of right and wrong, is often not a strong enough motivation for the sort of person you describe. It sounds like she knows right from wrong and has simply not chosen 'right.'

What makes you think she is ready to make the right changes for the sake of your son, when she was not able to do that for the other two?

You know the old expression, 'the path to hell is paved with good intentions'.

It sounds like she's got a good gig with the arrangement you offer, with no real pressure to change her ways.

I agree, and know a lot of what you all are saying. I been around AA for 30 years of my life. It has open my eyes up to a lot of things in life.

At this point knowing we have been talking about this for this last month and a half, and made the document together. Monday we will go to the court and sign this in front of the clerks at the Courts office. So at this point I think she is at least being honest about that. If not, it would be a big mistake knowing the court is taking her rights away from her for the other two little girls. Her sister that has them and her side of the family that don't want to have anything to deal with her right now. Said, they will go to court with me and will bring up the DCF case and all the other arrested between her and her bf in court. I wouldn't have any problem getting my son that way knowing it's the same judge that is taking her rights away from her right now and is ready to condemn her as an unfit mother.

I'm just trying to keep the peace at this point and not wanting to do this the ugly way. I want her to be in our sons life, but she needs help and knows it. Time will tell...

TheShadow's photo
Sat 02/05/11 09:52 AM

I would definitely help my ex if she was in that situation

If she was to straighten out and be there for the kids we have

There's nothing there for us anymore just our kids.

Good luck Bro on whatever decision you make.

Thanks Romeo.

That is what this is about. Our sondrinker

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25