Community > Posts By > TheShadow

TheShadow's photo
Sat 01/01/11 11:25 AM
Stop wasting your time on someone that isn't really interested in you. It will only make things worse for you.

TheShadow's photo
Sat 01/01/11 11:17 AM

Did you try asking the person with the pic you're talking about?

Yeah i did, I asked her what she was expecting out of this. Never got an answer.

TheShadow's photo
Sat 01/01/11 10:36 AM

i haven't seen the picture in question...but i nursed my kids everywhere i went, so it probably wouldn't bother me any.

There is nothing wrong in that, but being on a dating site and using it as a main pic. Someone has a loose screwlaugh

TheShadow's photo
Sat 01/01/11 08:36 AM
Nothing stops me from loving anyone, I just need a reason to startlaugh

TheShadow's photo
Sat 01/01/11 08:22 AM
My ex is in jail right now.

TheShadow's photo
Sat 01/01/11 08:20 AM
It could of been better, but life is life and you move on.

TheShadow's photo
Sat 01/01/11 08:18 AM
I seen this on the other site I'm on last night, this morning I looked at the thread and she don't have any pic up now.

I don't understand some peopleohwell

TheShadow's photo
Sat 01/01/11 07:34 AM
Your on a dating site right, and your kind of hoping this site will lead you to someone. Then you start posting on the forum hoping to have some kind of conversation with the people that are on there. Nothing wrong in that, we all do it. But everyone is looking at your pic, your a women, and your main pic is you breast feeding your child to where you can see everything but what the baby is feeding on.

So ladies, what would you actually be getting out of this by posting a pic like that on a dating site if you were the one doing it?

As a man, i'm confusedwhat

TheShadow's photo
Fri 12/31/10 10:26 PM
Edited by TheShadow on Fri 12/31/10 10:32 PM

Yes to an exten, because the interaction with someone compare to a pic, a no name face is way different.

You do not have the same connection with someone on the net compared to off.

Just because what you said are the only things you've seen, it doesn't mean they're the only things that are. :)

No one said that they are they only things. And what I have said, many other have seen the same things and view the same why on some things.

There is nothing wrong in having hope which you are expressing. I'm just looking at reality for what it is. And for me it is that I have a better chance on looking for someone off the net, then on if and when I choose to start looking again.

Everyone sees things different and there is nothing wrong with that either. From sharing and seeing many post on a few sites. You can take people more serious off the net then you can on, and thats because there is that face to face connection that you do not have by looking at a pic sending emails.

Had to add and this is just a joke to an extent. But if anytime for what ever reason it comes to your mind that you can fall in love with a pic on the net that you have never met. This conversation will be over for melaugh

TheShadow's photo
Thu 12/30/10 08:41 PM
Edited by TheShadow on Thu 12/30/10 08:43 PM

You didn't answer what I was asking, though. You're just assuming that because people are still here, they're still looking and haven't found anyone. Why do you think it's just men who are putting in more effort in the beginning.

To answer the first part about people still being here. It's because reality set in about on line dating. It's just one big chat room laugh

Come on :tongue: think about it. Are you going to really sit here and think what I'm just chatting to you about isn't the truth? Why the heck do you think there are so many people that are single that are on the net? Because if you could just hit it off with someone right from the start. Sites would be dead,even this forum would be. We can go back and forth on thislaugh but the truth is, this site like many or more just about chatting then anything else.

TheShadow's photo
Thu 12/30/10 01:06 PM
Edited by TheShadow on Thu 12/30/10 01:10 PM

Doesn't the same thing happen outside the cyber world? What you described here is what happens everyday in life. :)

Yes to an exten, because the interaction with someone compare to a pic, a no name face is way different.

You do not have the same connection with someone on the net compared to off.

TheShadow's photo
Thu 12/30/10 01:03 PM

The number of people on the forums is VERY small compared to the number of people that are on the site. The majority of emailing goes on between members. We don't see that.

Many probably have never even ventured into or realize there is a forum. So, if they meet someone they wouldn't think to announce it, because the majority of people don't participate in the forums.

Those of us who are on the forums may be talking because we haven't met someone. So, even if you don't hear about it, it happens all the time. They are just so happy that they leave and move on about their lives.

They haven't developed the friendships that some of us experience on the forums. I've been on several other dating sites. I have never participated in any other forum but here. There are successes every day, we just don't hear about them.

I agree with what you are saying, and there are a couple people on the forum that have met someone. All i'm saying is that being on any site majority of people that don't find someone out ways the ones that do. This is do to location, attraction, communication. Then you have a lot of people that just like to chat. Then you have your down side of people that play games, other that mention people only wanting sex, cheaters etc etc. So it all comes down to that not many people are actually serious about meeting someone and building a relationship. So knowing all the people I know that have been on the forum for the last 4 years and some still are that would like to meet someone. Are still single. It says a lot for what the net actually has to offer.

When it comes to women, men make more of the effort in the beginning, but as you laddies know. How many of the emails you get from men are actually wanted emails? Or better yet, how many of them will you reply to that your actually interested in? Ill bet there are more emaile that are not wanted then wanted.

Why do you think this just happening online? And out of those people, how do you know if they've been looking for the entire last 4 years, or if they've dated in between?

Why do you think only men make more of an effort in the beginning?

If you're here, you're going to get emails from people you aren't interested in. Just as if you go out somewhere to meet people, you are going to get hit on by people you are not interested in. I don't see it as being much different.

I'm not saying it just happens on line, but ill bet you more so then off. I stay in touch with people and they pop in from time to time and give ups dates. Dating and actually meeting someone that is looking to build a relationship is two different things. You're online right? So trying to get to know someone to an extent. That only goes so far, but people find out that other are not as willing to put much effort in to the on line dating compare to someone that they have met off line. It's that face to face and the net does not do it for everyone. People change being on the net, you don't have a chance to see what their everyday life is like compare to meeting someone threw friends. And you will never really know until you actually meet to even get an idea.

I'm not saying on line dating is bad. I'm just saying that it's not all cut out to be what its meant for. It's become the place socialize and not really anything else.

TheShadow's photo
Thu 12/30/10 10:51 AM

The number of people on the forums is VERY small compared to the number of people that are on the site. The majority of emailing goes on between members. We don't see that.

Many probably have never even ventured into or realize there is a forum. So, if they meet someone they wouldn't think to announce it, because the majority of people don't participate in the forums.

Those of us who are on the forums may be talking because we haven't met someone. So, even if you don't hear about it, it happens all the time. They are just so happy that they leave and move on about their lives.

They haven't developed the friendships that some of us experience on the forums. I've been on several other dating sites. I have never participated in any other forum but here. There are successes every day, we just don't hear about them.

I agree with what you are saying, and there are a couple people on the forum that have met someone. All i'm saying is that being on any site majority of people that don't find someone out ways the ones that do. This is do to location, attraction, communication. Then you have a lot of people that just like to chat. Then you have your down side of people that play games, other that mention people only wanting sex, cheaters etc etc. So it all comes down to that not many people are actually serious about meeting someone and building a relationship. So knowing all the people I know that have been on the forum for the last 4 years and some still are that would like to meet someone. Are still single. It says a lot for what the net actually has to offer.

When it comes to women, men make more of the effort in the beginning, but as you laddies know. How many of the emails you get from men are actually wanted emails? Or better yet, how many of them will you reply to that your actually interested in? Ill bet there are more emaile that are not wanted then wanted.

TheShadow's photo
Wed 12/29/10 11:01 AM
OK, answer this ladieslaugh :tongue:

How many people play on this forum?

Then ask yourself how many have met someone and are still with them. Maybe two out of how many?

Then ask yourself how long have you been on the net seeing the same people year after year and still haven't found anyone.

What you guys are saying that everyone else is having the luck. Not likely. Some yes, but very few. I'm just looking at reality for what it really is being on the net. Am I looking for someone right now. No, I have issues to deal with. So i'm one of the people that chat as well as I was explaining.

In all for the 4 years I been on this site alone, and in that time there has been over 500 hundred people that played on this forum and you only heard of a couple people actually meeting someone. Explain why that is out of 500 only 2 or 3 found someone? I can tell you why a lot of people don't find anyone, but why can't people tell why people do find someone?

TheShadow's photo
Wed 12/29/10 10:21 AM
Edited by TheShadow on Wed 12/29/10 10:22 AM
Myself I would love to just go for the old fashion way and date instead of chatting on line with them all the time. I want to interact with them in person to get to know them....face to face.

This is where the effort needs to take place, but doesn't happen often. So without the interaction face to face. Things don't really seem to go to far so you end up making more friends on the net then actual dating.

TheShadow's photo
Wed 12/29/10 10:06 AM
I reading a thread about this on another site, and a lot of people think it has made dating easy etc etc right. Well I started looking at it and really realize how this actually effects or everyday life being on net.

For me, i have come to the conclusion that using technology for dating has actually made people lazy. People talk about putting effort into things, but how much effort do you really put into thing being on the net or a cell phone?

TheShadow's photo
Wed 12/29/10 09:49 AM

Many of us have met others from this site. If you want to do that, you have to put the effort in.

I understand what our saying :smile:

The effort part isn't the issue. If you read a lot of the threads, more people have problems being on the net finding someone then anything else. What i'm getting at is, the net has made people lazy and other things like cell phones or what ever you may use now a days for dating. The dating sites have become more of chatting then anything else, and a lot of that has to deal with location. There is nothing wrong with chatting. I just feel many people are hear more so for that then actually dating.

TheShadow's photo
Tue 12/28/10 09:37 AM
Edited by TheShadow on Tue 12/28/10 10:06 AM

What do you mean by dating sites aren't what they were meant to be anymore?

It's just in general being on dating sites, there are more people on these site that are here just to chat or bs like I stated already.

I been on theses sites a good couple years as a lot of us have been that are on these forum alone. Now I know i'm not that bad looking and from what I have known from friends on the net and off, that i'm a good hearted man or how ever they may see me. Not alot of women are looking for that these days, and some of you women on this forum may say different, but that is only maybe 10 of you that are actually on this forum out of thousands that are actually on dating sites. So the thousands out way the 10 of you that are actually looking for someone that they can enjoy life with.

So in all, if more people were here to actually meet someone as to what these dating sites were made for. There would be a hell of a lot more people sharing there stories. But reality sets in and here we are...

TheShadow's photo
Sun 12/26/10 10:19 AM
It all comes down to you like lex has been talking about. A lot of people don't want to look at oneself so they end up going through the same things over and over expecting different results.

As for one being honest with themselves. It is the biggest issue most people have a problem facing and blame others. You're the one that choses the person you want to be with. There is a thing called dating to see where things might go. But thats not the case with most. Lets jump right into it, then they turn around and say what happen, why didn't it work out.

The phrase stop looking and it will happen. Hoping someone will just come into your life and the relationship will take off from there. Not likely. If that was to happen to everyone, then there wouldn't be so many people on the net. I mean if that is true, then Dating sites are a wast of time.

TheShadow's photo
Thu 12/23/10 12:31 PM

I just know it when I feel it. flowerforyou

Ok :smile: I can understand that to an extent, but have you had that already?

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25