Community > Posts By > JimmyTheGent

no photo
Fri 09/18/09 11:06 PM
Let's see if we can focus this debate.

Do you believe that health care is a right or a privelege?

no photo
Fri 09/18/09 08:18 PM
Obama killed Kennedy, too!

no photo
Fri 09/18/09 08:14 PM
I believe boo brought this point up earlier.

This same Joe "You lie!" Wilson later claimed in an interview that he had been an immigration attorney. Well Joe it is now apparent that
"YOU LIE!". No evidence can be found that he was ever an immigration attorney. How ironic.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/09/did_joe_wilson_lie_about_having_been_an_immigratio.php?ref=mp

no photo
Sat 08/29/09 12:25 AM
Why is it that this thing called "the government" is deemed incapable of running any kind of program whatsoever in any manner which is even remotely competent, but somehow is capable of operating some grand conspiracy to take over your life and dictate to you everything that you do? It's after midnight. I'll go turn on AM and find out the answer.

no photo
Fri 08/28/09 08:48 PM
Single payer system. Divide the total $ spent on healthcare by the number of Americans. That's EVERYBODY's premium. Simple enough?

no photo
Fri 08/28/09 07:39 PM
The depths that the right wing will stoop to never ceases to amaze me. Kill the bill. That's it. Don't propose anything positive. Bring guns to town hall meetings. Spread lies about "death panels".

The system we have is so perfect. 40 some million UNinsured. Countless more UNDERinsured. More insured who pay premiums and then pay more when they have the audacity to go to a doctor.

And rationed care? You think it's not rationed now? You think an insurance company who's motive is profit over care is on your side?

Public, private or any combination. We can do a lot better.

no photo
Fri 08/28/09 07:22 PM

I hope people understand that the plan Obama is pushing allows the government the ability to automatically deduct from your bank accounts with or WITHOUT your approval.

This is illegal and unconstitutional. Better act now people! This is the most blatant attack on our civil rights yet!

And for those of you who want to give Obama his chance? He done ran himself out already! We do not need this brand of misrepresentation any more!

Another AM radio after midnight listener.

no photo
Fri 08/28/09 07:09 PM
How about the liberty of being free from being bankrupted by medical bills?

It would be great if the private sector provided the health care that we need. But the fact is, it doesn't.

As little government as possible. As much as is necessary.

no photo
Fri 08/28/09 06:11 PM
Somebody give me the name of ONE person currently or formerly detained in an "internment camp".

Thank you.

no photo
Sun 08/09/09 05:30 PM

As soon as we clean up Junior and his rubber stamp, spineless jellyfish Republican congress's mess, then we can turn our attention to fixing our budget problems. As incredible as this may sound, there are bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Seriously dude? I thought you were better than this.

The damage caused by 8 years of incompetency in the White House(that's as kind as I can be) is not going to be repaired overnight.

no photo
Sun 08/09/09 03:47 PM
As soon as we clean up Junior and his rubber stamp, spineless jellyfish Republican congress's mess, then we can turn our attention to fixing our budget problems. As incredible as this may sound, there are bigger fish to fry at the moment.

no photo
Sat 07/11/09 10:29 PM

bigsmile Make your confessionsbigsmile

I've still got nuthin'! :wink:

Fess up, Good Witch.

no photo
Sat 07/11/09 10:27 PM

Really!? Then why is such a big deal that a veteran's casket is draped with it, and it's then folded methodically, reverently, and then presented to the spouse?

I stood by at the military funerals of my father and two of my uncles, one of whom was a Pearl Harbor survivor. I watched that flag be presented to my mother. And I can guarantee you that all 3 of them, the biggest patriots you will ever find in this world, would stand up and say,

"I fought for that guy's right to fly his flag any way he wants".

That's what makes us Americans. Patriots like them.

RIP, Dad. Thanks for instilling in me the same patriotism you had.

no photo
Sat 07/11/09 10:08 PM
I'm going to vote for November 10, 1984.
Orange Bowl, Miami, FL
Maryland vs. Miami

Halftime Score: Miami 31 Maryland 0
Final Score: Maryland 42 Miami 40

Frank Reich comes off the bench to start the 2nd half for the Terps at QB. Leads Terps to greatest comeback in NCAA history against the defending National champion Hurricanes.

Mich St. topped the feat against Northwestern in 2006, coming back from a 38-3 3rd quarter deficit, albeit against an inferior opponent.

It should be noted that Frank Reich also QB'd the greatest comeback in PRO football history. Jan. 3, 1993 when he brought the Buffalo Bills back from a 35-3 3rd quarter deficit against the Houston Oilers to win 41-38. And in a playoff game at that.

no photo
Sat 07/11/09 07:06 PM
Edited by JimmyTheGent on Sat 07/11/09 07:10 PM

Sorry, the flag is a symbol. I'd die for my country. But not my flag. I support my troops. And I am grateful for those that have died so that I can be free. I think the guy is out of line. But it doesn't bother me in the least what he chooses to do with his flag.

I agree completely bro!

I agree as well

Count me in, too.

I may hate what you do, but I'll defend to the death your right to do it.

It's what the flag stands for, not the physical piece of cloth that's important.

no photo
Sat 07/11/09 03:07 PM

Saying Goodbye to Palin
Peggy Noonan on Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin:

"She went on the trail a sensation but demonstrated in the ensuing months that she was not ready to go national and in fact never would be. She was hungry, loved politics, had charm and energy, loved walking onto the stage, waving and doing the stump speech. All good. But she was not thoughtful. She was a gifted retail politician who displayed the disadvantages of being born into a point of view (in her case a form of conservatism; elsewhere and in other circumstances, it could have been a form of liberalism) and swallowing it whole: She never learned how the other sides think, or why."

"In television interviews she was out of her depth in a shallow pool. She was limited in her ability to explain and defend her positions, and sometimes in knowing them. She couldn't say what she read because she didn't read anything. She was utterly unconcerned by all this and seemed in fact rather proud of it: It was evidence of her authenticity. She experienced criticism as both partisan and cruel because she could see no truth in any of it. She wasn't thoughtful enough to know she wasn't thoughtful enough."

*** It should be noted that Peggy Noonan is a well known CONSERVATIVE columnist. ***

The full column is here: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124716984620819351.html

no photo
Mon 07/06/09 08:15 PM
Edited by JimmyTheGent on Mon 07/06/09 08:17 PM
Email me. I can give you the number of a guy named Vito.

no photo
Mon 07/06/09 07:56 PM
I once bought a KC And The Sunshine Band album.
Don't recall the name, but I remember it being white with a rainbow on it.

no photo
Mon 07/06/09 06:31 PM
OK, I edited my post. Hope that clears things up.

no photo
Mon 07/06/09 06:23 PM
Edited by JimmyTheGent on Mon 07/06/09 06:30 PM
Yes. They are my life.

laugh

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25